[RP] Thorn's Little Castle

Moderator: Community Team

Thorn

Re: [RP] Thorn's Little Castle

Post by Thorn »

Please eat Cath. Cookie will be most upset if this food she made isn't eaten, Thorn urged, looking at Cathrina and seeing her wary look.

Turning to Rieron Thorn chuckled as she listened to him speaking. She was amused at his comments to Cath about paying the lady of the house, and would take this up with him later she chuckled. She nodded slightly as she heard him tell Cathrina to eat. She wished the young woman was less wary and would relax. She would be safe in Thorn's Manor.

You don't trust the food cooked in my home Rieron?
she laughed softly, picking up her cutlery. Cookie was most excited to cook a proper meal for once when she heard I would have guests. She has somewhat given up on my eating habits.

Cutting a small piece of meat Thorn put it into her mouth and chewed, wondering why Rieron waited for her to eat first, not having the heart to tell him she did not eat much. Swallowing Thorn reached for her glass of wine that the maid had poured for her and taking a sip smiled at Rieron.

As you can see the food is safe, silly elf, she chuckled placing her glass down again and turning her attention to her food. A room has been prepared for you Cathrina so if you need to rest after the meal I can show you to your room.
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

Smiles slightly at Thorn, taking a bite out of the meat, chewing it carefully and smiles
Thorn, tell Cookie she's made a delightful meal. Come on, elf, eat, it's just food. Food is good. Besides Thorn wouldn't try anything now, would she?
Chuckles, staring at Rieron with a cheeky smirk.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron chuckled at them both shaking his head slightly while saying in a light tone “I know you wouldn’t want to kill me, however, that doesn’t mean others feel the same way as you do.. It is very easy to bribe servants and workers to poison or attempt to kill others with the right amount of coin, human.. but even so I just wanted to be courteous as this is your home human..” He picked up his eating utensil and slowly cutted a small piece of the hot meat then brought it to his mouth, chewing calmly making sure to get a good taste of it. “Hmm not bad…though could have used a bit more seasoning” Rieron grinned teasing Thorn.

Taking a few more bites of the cooked steak, Rieron looked at Cathrina then back at Thorn “Which room exactly will Cathrina be staying at? Don’t make it too comfortable I want to keep her tough while I have her under me” he said with a bit of humour yet serious about it at the same time. Truth be told had he not found a place for Cathrina to have stayed she would have mostlikely ended up in his camp sleeping on a thin mat on the cold ground of the forest floor, which he didn’t mind at all because he did it all the time and it would cause her to adapt to harsh conditions.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn chuckled at Cathrina's words, turning her gaze to Rieron.

My servants can be trusted Rieron, she said, trying not to add to what Cathrina had said, but tempted to tease him. And thank you for the courtesy. I appreciate that Rieron, she smiled and reaching out laid her hand lightly on his arm for emphasis, withdrawing it silently then watching as he tasted the meat.

I think if you want more seasoning then help yourself,
Thorn laughed, indicating the salt on the table, playing to his tease. As Rieron spoke again Thorn smiled, glancing at Cathrina before answering Rieron.

Cath's room is modest... its comfortable but not luxurious,
Thorn answeered him thinking of the room she had had made ready. The room she had chosen was simple in decor, nothing grand, but the bed was soft, the furnishings neutral, blue curtaining and bedding, situated towards the side away from her own which lay at the front on the manor. While her rooms overlooked the lawns and picturesque gardens, the room Cathrina would have overlooked the side of the building near the outhouses, and the stables. "I have respected the fact of your agreement with Cath... "
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

Finishing her meal, Cathrina stood up, glancing at Thorn and Rieron with a smile, following Thorn to her room. As soon as she opens the door, Cathrina looks about her room, nodding
Thank you, Thorn, the room is quite nice. Now if you don't mind I'll try and get some sleep.
Smiling, she stifles a yawn.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

It had been a while since Rieron's duel with Cathrina, and the young woman's stay in Cork. Everything had flown by so quickly it was hard to believe Cathrina had stayed a month. Now however Thorn's manor ran as it had before. Thorn's training had advanced as she had grown stronger. She liked training now. It was less of a bind, less hassle. When she was first told she was developing Thorn had been embarrassed, but now she liked it.

Thorn walked through the hall towards the outer doors, and without pausing she opened the door and exited without a backward glance, not seeing her maid just coming down the stairs. She had proved herself loyal, helping when asked, cleaning up without comment when Thorn had need of her. Thorn rarely spoke to Rieron about what the maid did, had become responsible for. It did not need saying.

Entering the courtyard Thorn glanced at the stables and other outhouses, hearing sounds coming from one and guessing the stable hand was busy. She walked away from the sound, her feet taking her through the side gate and along a path, past the kitchen garden and onward, her eyes not really seeing, her feet deciding her route. Leaving the courtyard behind her Thorn crossed the short distance to a small footbridge the trees ahead standing tall, reaching towards the sky, almost as though the clouds touched the tree tops. On the footbridge Thorn stopped, her eyes scanning the area around her, the sounds from the outhouse almost a distant noise, and other than that no other signs of life nearby, disregarding the sound of the birds high in the trees, the same trees whose leaves rustled in the breeze, her hair loosely tied to lay down her back blowing slightly to the side as she stood. The redness of her hair stood out against the rich blue of her dress, the wide culotte skirt made for ease of movement, Thorn stood tall, an imposing figure if she only knew it. Thorn had yet to learn that about herself, so often too much time spent hiding from herself and others.

Turning her gaze to the direction her path had been headed Thorn wondered if Rieron was up for some training, grinning as she knew her bravery would get her into trouble one day.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Months had past since the human’s (Cathrina) contract had expired and she had left his service for her home in Widu. Not a great deal of things had happened during the months that went by and it seemed like most of the time Rieron had spent it all on his training or hunting creatures to increase his strength and sharpen his intelligence to higher levels to further bring himself a step closer to his goals. He knew his time was getting shorter in the realm as the days passed and the last thing he wanted was to leave his secret mission unfinished before his year was up and he would be forced to go back to Naggaroth with his two brethren. The thought of going back to the homeland to all the chaos and the enemies that wanted to see him dead made him reluctant to some extent, yet in others it only heighten his drive for power.

During this time whether he wanted to admit it or not to himself, Rieron had also grown rather fond of a human who seemed to be drawn to his side despite him being a deadly enemy of her race. He classified her as an odd creature at first since she didn’t seem to mind that he killed and exterminated humans in the past, and did so a few times at present when it was deemed necessary to his standards. Nevertheless, she had stood by his side regardless of the situation, in combat or at peaceful times so the least he could do despite going against his nature as a Druchii was extend a helping hand in making her grow stronger and more refined in skill as well. For the past few days she was much different than when he had first met her, more confident in herself and in her own abilities which gave a slight appeal to him.

Sitting at the base of a large oak tree in the forest ground by the shade, Rieron read his dark magic book which contained the history of his House along with a few spells and enchantments for all types of uses. He had learn to understand their meanings of the symbols more and reached a point of sorcery which he had been working on for far long since first coming to the realm. The more time past the more he grasped the contents within the book which greatly aided his mood in the last couple of days. He prefer reading in the forest than in the human's manor so every now and then he would sneak away while she slept (or worked) and turned to another chapter of the dark book.

Getting her scent in the air, Rieron chuckled to himself but didn’t look up from his book.
“I cant say I was expecting you here human…what brings you all the way here from your Manor?”
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn smiled as she looked down at Rieron, his back against the trunk of a large oak tree, book in hand. As he looked up at her Thorn stepped forward, closer to where he sat.

I thought I would see what you were doing, Thorn said quietly, glancing around nervously, wondering where his mount was. I thought you might be training... be busy. Didn't think you'd be sat doing nothing, she teased, chuckling. Confident it was safe, Thorn moved forward and quickly dropped to a sitting stance beside but facing Rieron.

Is it a good book? she asked looking at the cover curiously, poking at him as she did playfully with her finger on his arm.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron arched an eye brow as Thorn approached him closer to where he was sitting at under the shade and spoke with some humor in her tone. He couldn't help himself but chuckle at her words as she attempted to tease him on his current training since she was used to him being on his feet constantly and working on techniques with all his weapons. Rieron looked up at her from the book thinking to himself she was definitely in a sort of comedian mood today. "You are in an awfully cheery mood today human.. Did you finished your duties and everything early?" he pauses then continued "and this is what you call breaking a mental sweat" Rieron said in a low calm voice looking back down at the book before staring up at her again.

"This is the book of knowledge passed down to the sorcerers of my house which up until a week ago I couldn't understand what most of the symbols meant. Now that my intellectual capacity has increased greatly, it is slowly becoming more clear and understandable what each spell is suppose to do and what is needed to do them.." Rieron showed her the black cover of the book, "This a black magic book human, very dangerous to creatures of light so yes it does interest me plenty" chuckles
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn listened to Rieron and smiled cheekily at him as he mentioned a 'mental sweat', chuckling softly to herself, feeling relaxed. She nodded to him at his question about her duties.

Yes, I finished, she said cheerfully. I don't waste time getting things done, and I'll do some training later. I just wanted to get some air, and to see what energetic training you were doing today.

She looked at his book with curiosity. She had been doing a lot of training of late, and was finishing of a few subjects at last. She expected to have completed four more classes this coming week and would move on to the next level all being well. Thorn smiled as Rieron explained how his studies had finally begun to become clearer to him and she was pleased. Leaning forward toward Rieron Thorn kissed him quietly and settled against him, reaching out to take his book and glanced at the open pages.

It looks too complex for me, Thorn admitted quietly, handing the book back to Rieron, and smiled awkwardly at him. I want to learn more though Rieron. I want to learn how to use the so called powers I have and how to channel them.