Mayor Platform for the Upcoming Elections!

Moderator: Community Team

Vicky

Mayor Platform for the Upcoming Elections!

Post by Vicky »

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Vicky's Mayor Platform for Cork, Bravia

Hello citizens of Cork, my name is Vicky and I'd like to be your next mayor when Zacharin steps down. Though most of you don't know me yet I just want you to know that I'm very active in the forums and have a fiery passion for making Cork the best town in Bravia, even though we are the youngest. Currently i work as the towns mentor, and thus i have already a very great basic view into the towns recently made infrastructure, and i wish to build further on it.
Below are some of my views and initiatives I would implement.

Methods and Views

1. Town Council
I propose making a small town council of 3 that would include myself and a group of advisors for each of the following areas - military, financial, and judidical. These councilors will function as the mayor's right hand in any of the things needed to be adressed on a daily basis. These will be appointed on the first day of office should i be elected.

2. Market
I believe in a free market. That the citizens are able to keep the market steady. Unless there is a major market crisis I will not implement price caps or other artificial restrictions on the market. I also at this time don't believe a minimum wage is needed in town. Theremore i will take advantage of strange market changes to buy and sell appropriately to ensure the economical progress of Cork.

3. Income
I also want to take advantage of our strategic resource, wood. We can easily trade with both Paz and Bravia city. I also propose implementing a wood lottery, the details of which can be worked out later.

4. Defence
I propose that the military councilor on the town council will be in charge of defense for the city. In times of emergency he will be given the power to levy and organize a city guard. The city guard will be commanded by Military councilor with the assistance of the mayor. Upon election, i will raise the guard, to defend the bottleneck position we got for Bravia, to use in times of defence. Cork is a major strategic defensive point afterall.

5. Viceroyalty
I believe in having a close knit connection to the Viceroyalty. We can help coordinate trade and border defense with them. We can also use their laws as a model for our own. Such laws will be written upon entry into office, i've already started building the town structure a bit in my job as Mentor currently, and thus i've a great base for entering office.

6. Goal
Overall the most important thing is to make our town the most active in the county. Cork needs to be a place where people want to move to. I think a weekly wood lottery is a good way of keeping our town fun, and for the citizens to win prizes occasionally. I will also plan to RP festivals and other organized activies that a wide range of citizens can take part in.

End Words

These are all just a starting point though and I look forward to working with the town council and the citizens of our wonderful city to get things moving.
Of course i am ALWAYS open for questions in this thread, feel free to ask me anything.

~Vicky~
~Chief Mentor of Cork~
Vicky

Re: Mayor Platform for the Upcoming Elections!

Post by Vicky »

Bumping this up as elections are incoming :D
Lordblackhawk

Post by Lordblackhawk »

Best of Luck in the Election Vicky.

Some good points in your manifesto. I have a question or two.(OK, three.)

4. Defence
As we are all aware even just one guard may have to be paid.
Just how do you propose to pay for the upkeep of any guard(s)?
Is it going to be on a `voluntary` basis and they are expected to keep themselves?
What help, if any, will the town provide for them and how long for?
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

The daily guards will be paid from the income the town will make from lords and from trade of wood with the other towns.
The town guard i plan raised will be volounteer based, to be called up in times of emergency yes.
Those volounteers will have bread given out by the town as "payment".

Thank you for the enquiery :D
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

As mayor of Bravia I support this campaign message. :lol: ;)