Will it happen?

Moderator: Community Team

starlite271043

Will it happen?

Post by starlite271043 »

"Will they come for me today",she wonders. She stares at the door as if the answer will enter. The fire lowers down in sympathy. She looks around her small cottage, then at the fire and sits on the stool and ponders on what had brought her to this stage. " I cannot stand this waiting for too long,it is hard. Why don't they come." she worries at her lip. "I've always known of the dangers as well as the benefits. They know how hard I worked and ignored the dangers. Is this really going to be the end? If so, how will it end and what manner will they choose? Will they send the guards or will they come themselves?"
She stares at the fire in concern and thinks back over the times she has endured.
There was that time she successfully brought Harek back to life and the ensuing problems with the villagers, yet they didn't really want him to die. It was because she had done it. Then she had moved the forest back a little to help the villagers to have more green for their festival. Oh, she knew they were happy with it, for it showed when they rejoiced all through the festival, but it did somewhat create a problem when the Lord decided to tax them for the extra land. But why would the womenfolk get so jealous when all she did was to help?
Oh. She knew she wasn't like them, she was tiny, barely reaching a man's shoulder and she was beautiful of feature with black hair to her hips and green eyes to match her skin, but that was something she was born with. There was more to her than that. Very definitely more.
"This waiting for the end is very difficult" she thinks," why can't they come and get it over with".
She thinks about the spells and how hard she worked with them and wondered if all that was to be now lost.
Was she to be the end of her line? All the gifts and powers to be eradicated and forever lost to the world, and she knew how powerful she was. There was only one other stronger than she but would he intervene to save her? She didn't know.
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. The fire flared in anticipation. This was the moment . Was she strong enough?
Could she accept their verdict if it was against her. She wasn't sure any more.
Slowly she made her way across the room and stared at the door. dread reaching out to her. The knock came again, this time louder, more forceful. She took a deep breath, and grasped the handle and turned, she pulled it open and stood stock still in shock.
"My Lord Mage" she stammered. "Why are you here"?
"Did you really think I would let those oafs deliver you" he snorted loudly. "You have passed all your Tests and are now my colleague. I deliver you as is fitting."
She stared at him with a pale face,"I have passed"? she said. Then sudddenly she turned a did a little dance." I am now a Full Mage class one. My dream has finally come true". She gathered her bags and stepped out into the night with the Senior Mage and walked proudly towards her future.