Why is the mayor telling me who to vote for?

Moderator: Community Team

Aingeal

Re: Why is the mayor telling me who to vote for?

Post by Aingeal »

I don't see anywhere that the mayor is telling anyone to vote for. She is simply telling you who she endorses to take over the reigns of the town, like a good mayor should. No one is forcing anyone to go and vote a certain way, everyone has free will. I thank Anabelle for her endorsement though.

I ran for mayor because I think there is a time for change. Personal difference between myself and Victorious aside, she is a great mayor, she knows what she is doing. I myself just don't think she is a good fit for Cork. You see the same faces over and over again where ever look. I wish to get more of the populace involved, resurrect the town council, hear more voices than just the echos in the halls. I want to ensure that goods are always on the market for anyone to have. I want to make sure our town is protected by laws, so that our town hall and people are safe.

Victorious is already Rector of Bravia University, shouldn't the positions in Bravia be spread out, instead of a concentrated few? If we don't try to get new people involved in our town, then the town will grow stagnant and slowly decay away.

In the end, it's your vote to cast, and no one can tell you different.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Zeffee

Re: Why is the mayor telling me who to vote for?

Post by Zeffee »

Aingeal this isn't about if you are the best candidate or not.

It's about the current mayor sending a mass mail, trying to influence the voting.

It's unfair, wrong and abuse of office.

I know nothing of personal differences between the 2 candidates, I pretty much steer clear of politics due to the kind of stuff demonstrated in this thread.

When a biased mail like that arrives in my in box, I feel the need to speak. It is not the mayor's role to tell us who to vote for or tell us her vote, she should step down gracefully and let the due process of elections take their course. The only reason she told us her vote was in the hope that she could use her position to influence others to follow suit.

Zeffee looses interest and decides to leave the politicians to it, and decides like many others that it is not worth speaking out these days.....

(occ: even more likely to keep away from politics, having had a taste of the very stuff I hate to read)