Temple of Cork

Moderator: Community Team

Victorious

Temple of Cork

Post by Victorious »

Welcome to the Temple of Cork
The temple will be dark aligned as of July 7, 1652. It's where creatures of light and dark can come to fellowship with each other. Right now we have Priestess Victorious, Deaconess Thorn and Deaconess Teide available to serve you with the needs of the temple. You can come for laying on hands for when you are sick or need healing. Maybe you have found that special person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You can talk to the Priestess and she will arrange a wedding of your choosing.

We will be working on a major upgrade and need your donations. Even if it's just 2 Freznics once you leave the mass. Any donation is welcome. Please continue to look at the Job postings for job regarding the upgrade of the Temple.

As of this day there will be mass on Sundays and Wednesdays. I will be posting the mass here at the temple in case anyone has missed it or would like to read it again. I thank you all for your support during this change.

I look forward in seeing you at Mass.

Blessings,

Victorious
Priestess of Cork
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Victorious

Re: Temple of Cork

Post by Victorious »

Mass as of June 30th, 1652
Victorious walks up to the podium and addresses her congregation for a very important message:

Today I will speak about balance. A year ago my Aunt Ermalyse stressed if I was going to be Head of the De la Croix family that I needed to learn about balance. I thought I knew what she was talking about but I realized now that I am Overseer once again in Bravia that I have not been teaching about balance at all. Just because I have always followed the path of the Light that it doesn’t mean everyone else follows my same path. Balance means that I must preach about the light and dark path. I know that the Priest way teaches us the path of the light and the Sorcery way teaches us the path of the dark and for so long this temple has been preaching of the light only and that is not balance. If I’m going to serve the people of Bravia then I must serve all people the light and dark ways. I have come to realize that since my life has changed I must not deny the dark path within me any longer.

I have thought about this long and hard and no temple in Bravia Viceroyalty has a dark temple and we do have creatures that follow the dark path in Bravia and so I have decided that the temple of Cork will be changing to the dark path starting next week. So when you come here next Saturday the temple will be of the dark alignment so what does that mean for the creatures of Cork:

Now those that are following the light path if you are wanting your alignment to rise the only way that will happen is if you break windows so every other task that you attend to in the temple will lower your alignment. If you do not care if your alignment lowers then you do not have to worry about the temple following the dark path.

Now if you are following the dark path everything except breaking windows will lower your alignment. So remember if you break windows like you normally do then you will get the opposite affect that you expect. You will have to focus on cleaning windows instead since your temple is of the dark path it will be something you will want to embrace.

Here is what our Mages have given us regarding the Dark path of the temple:
The path of darkness will result in the following:

Mass: Improves Mood, Lowers Alignment of Player
Work Temple: Raises Aura, Lowers Alignment of Player
Donate: Lowers Alignment of Player
Clean Windows: Lowers Alignment of Player, Raises Aura (Small Chance for Social Point)
Break Windows: Raises Alignment of Player, Lowers Aura
Begging all day is not effected by the path and lowers alignment.

I would like to thank you for coming today and may you have a good week. Remember next Saturday this temple will follow the dark path.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious sat at her desk in the temple and made some notes for the light-aligned citizens of Cork:
Greetings light-aligned citizens:

I have made some additional notes for the light aligned citizens, they are these:

1) Listening to Mass will raise your mood but will lower your alignment points which you can see on all stats.

2)If you work in the temple but usually only level 0's would do but it would raise your aura or mood and it will also lower your alignment.

3)Now you can also clean windows and it will raise your mood but it will lower your alignment.

Breaking windows will raise your alignment but it will lower your aura or mood which if you want it to rise breaking windows is not a good idea but it will raise your alignment.

If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

Your Priestess
Victorious
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Mass 7/8/1652
Welcome my brothers and sisters:

Thank you for coming. Well as you can see our temple looks somewhat different. We are dark aligned now. The only temple in Bravia to be successfully turned to the dark alignment.

I come to you today to speak about balance. Even though we are dark aligned all creatures are welcome to the Basilica of Cork. I will focus on the term Balance. This realm is a mixture of light and dark creatures. Just like there is no light without dark. We must all find what suits our needs and strive to perfection. May it be the life of peacefulness or for chaos. This temple will feed both alignments for that is balance.

Do not forget to come on Wednesday to Deaconess Teide's word.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

The Priestess pins a notice on the temple's walls:
I would like to thank the following people for their donations:

11:19 am, Jul 18 1652 Firechild has donated 100 Faith Point(s) to the temple.
11:18 am, Jul 18 1652 Firechild has donated 100 Freznics to the temple.
11:18 am, Jul 18 1652 Firechild has donated 200 Freznics to the temple.
6:03 am, Jul 18 1652 Margro has donated 10 Freznics to the temple.
1:18 pm, Jul 16 1652 Apoc256 has donated 12 Freznics to the temple.
7:43 am, Jul 16 1652 earlfitz has donated 1 bushel of wood to the Basilica.
11:00 am, Jul 15 1652 Ring_Genie has donated 3 Freznics to the temple.
5:53 am, Jul 13 1652 Ring_Genie has donated 2 Freznics to the temple.
6:05 am, Jul 12 1652 Ring_Genie has donated 2 Freznics to the temple.
5:41 am, Jul 12 1652 Margro has donated 10 Freznics to the temple.
11:00 pm, Jul 11 1652 Rieron has donated 5 Freznics to the temple.
8:38 am, Jul 11 1652 Firechild has donated 100 Faith Point(s) to the temple.
6:47 pm, Jul 09 1652 Ring_Genie has donated 3 Freznics to the temple.
9:33 pm, Jul 07 1652 marslynn has donated 3 pillars to the Basilica.
10:12 am, Jul 07 1652 Ring_Genie has donated 3 Freznics to the temple.
6:06 pm, Jul 03 1652 Delilah has donated 100 Freznics to the temple.
1:59 pm, Jul 02 1652 Margro has donated 2 Freznics to the temple.
2:31 am, Jul 02 1652 marslynn has donated 200 Freznics to the temple.
11:56 pm, Jul 01 1652 Charles has donated 8 Freznics to the temple.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

The Priestess pins another mass for the people of Cork to read over if for some reason they were not paying attention in Mass:
Victorious walks up to the podium smiling at all the resident's of Cork.

Welcome my brothers and sisters!

I would also like to welcome our visitors to our Dark Temple, the only one in Bravia Viceroyalty.

Today I will speak about being true to yourself. We have spoken about previously about how the light and dark is compared to a coin. *She raises up the coin.* This is a concept that I tend to forget but my lovely dark aligned cousins keep reminding me and I tend to like this analogy.

Now if you look at any coin that you may have in your pocket, you don't just see something on one side of the coin and not the other. There are two sides to the coins that we have here in Bravia. Just because we may be light or dark aligned doesn't mean one side of the coin is what we believe and the other side is blank. Now one side of the coin is light and the other side is dark.

Just like you can't have light without darkness - the older I get and the more I experience the more I want to get that message out there. - JD Phillips

So you see there are always 2 sides to every coin and not one like we may think sometimes. Sometimes one alignment is more prevalent than the other in each of us or they can be equal. My point is that we must be true to what side of the coin we find ourselves leaning toward. If you are light aligned then you must find the goodness in all things. Listen to your heart and it will guide you to the path that you seek. I will not condemn one way or the other. We were all created for a purpose and my mission to all of you is helping you find that purpose.

If that purpose is light aligned then you will seek things to give you peace but if you are dark aligned you will seek things to cause chaos which in both circumstances it will bring you happiness.

Ever since I became Overseer the Mages have shown me the big picture not just my side of things but all sides and that is why I show you the coin. There is this side and then the flipside. So please try to focus on the side that you are and be true to that but also realize that there is another side to the coin even if you dont see it or feel it.

So I say again, be true to yourself and be confident in your beliefs and they will NOT fail you.
I apologize there was a major typo in mass this morning. It was at the end of my sermon, I meant to say So I say again, be true to yourself and be confident in your beliefs and they will NOT fail you.

Go in peace or chaos for whatever brings you great joy.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene arrives limping and sore at the temple. She is pale and has an infected wound.
She attends mass. Her first mass at this temple. She will have to tend the flowers in the graveyard to realign her faith alignment. She feels a little better after attending mass. The wine was very good.
After mass she sits outside the temple on a bench waiting her turn for the priest to notice and heal her.
She wonders if tea might help it feel better.
Serene

Post by Serene »

After sitting for a while, the priest Grundal came and lay hands on her.
A few minuteslater she was feeling as though the infection had passed.
She was still pale though.
"Thank you for your help. I will make a donation to the temple." Serene said then she headed home.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene made her way to the temple via a windy route through the snowy day.
She set her offering down near the doors. It was a dark temple. She would prefer a light aligned temple. But she understood the need for everyone to have a place of worship.
The bones would be a perfect gift as they had a dark feeling to her.

She had gone to the grave yard to tend flowers. She found that tending flowers made her feel closer to the light. Though yesterday, she had a brown thumb. All her efforts to tend the flowers had shown no discernable results.

She decided to go home through game alley. She played three games before heading home. The games helped lighten her mood.