[ORP] Pakvora Kintala: Te'sorthene Roma Camp

Moderator: Community Team

Scarlet

Re: [ORP] Pakvora Kintala: Scarlet's Home

Post by Scarlet »

Watched Cathrina, "You could learn our ways if you choose." She grinned before helping Cathrina up on Nuri and got her settled into the stirrups and solid in the saddle. "Nuri is a southern name that means 'Gypsy'. Just tell her to go by lightly pressing your heels into her sides." Scarlet lightly grabbed Cathrina's foot and moved the heel lightly to where she should press. "Pull the reins where you want her to go. Pull the left to go left and the right to go right. And be gentle. We'll walk the horses into town so you can get more comfortable." She grinned before moving and getting up on Aurelia her own mare. Slowly she tapped Aurelia's sides to get her moving knowing that Nuri would just follow her.
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

Cathrina lightly nudged Nuri with her heels, swallowing hard as Nuri moves after Aurelia, still feeling insecure, mumbling "It's a pretty name." Swallowing again, she holds on to the reins, frowning as her palms begin to sweat. "Hopefully I won't fall off by the time we get to town." She grinned nervously, looking at Scarlet.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet smiled reassuringly at Cathrina as they continued on. Once the other woman got used to a horse it would be easier sailing. "You are doing great Rani. It's not too far ... with my work on the wall I have to be close." She then turned her attention to the woods around them as they continued to town. There had been many days of rain and clouds. It was good to see the sun.

The town was bustling even for the mid morning lull. It brought a smile to her face that she was here for something more fun than work or food. This wasn't a requisition for stone or wood for the walls. Maybe they could even look at a few bolts of cloth for something. Maybe a new addition to the camp. It was growing now she might need more things around.

Softly she pulls Aurelia to a stop in front of the paint shop. It was where she got all her other supplies for drawing that she used in the Artist's Guild. She slipped from Aurelia's saddle before grabbing the reins of Nuri to help Cathrina pull her to a halt. "You must pull on the reins confidently. They listen to confident instruction." She added softly while holding the horse still for Cathrina to get off. "So let's get us some paint." She smiled at the other woman before she turned to get into the shop.

Rani = Lady
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

Cathrina returned the smile "Thank you, my friend." Holding on to the reins, she looked around, grinning to herself. Whistling a cheerful tune, she cantered along Scarlet.
Listening carefully what Scarlet says, she nods to her. Smiling, as the woman helps her off the horse, she gently pats Nuri on the neck, following Scarlet into the market, squealing with excitement.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet couldn't help but grin at her companion's excitement of being in the market. She wound her way through the row of paint and other supplies. To the back of the shop she lead Cathrina where the colors were. Many different shades to be found. A combination magic and herb lore pretty much made any color wanted. Scarlet grinned as she looked at the colors. Lightly her fingers brushed over the jars of them, tenderly almost lovingly, as she enjoyed the the brightness of them. "So ... blue ... silver .... bits of other colors ...."

Scarlet glanced back at Cathrina with a grin. "After we pick this up ... we'll go and get some fabrics and other things for your vardo. Can't leave it too blank can we?"
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

Smiling brightly, she looks around the market with excitement, nodding "Indeed! I can't wait to see how it will turn out! Oh, and it would be lovely, as long as it's not too crowded." Chuckles
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

.: October :.

Scarlet looked around her camp as the vats of bear fat heated to start making soap. Her eyes moved over all the vardos. Red for herself, Purple for Anya, Blue for Cathrina, Green for Aingeal, and Yellow for Yersin. The camp was a small one but it was her home and she wouldn't change it for anything. Grinning she moved and got the different ingredients for the soap.

Out of a cupboard in her vardo she pulled different oils and dried flowers. She even pulled out things that would take the smell out of the soap. Would get you clean without adding on a scent. Perfect for when she went hunting. The Roma were sticklers for what clean was and how one was to keep themselves wutzo or clean. Scarlet herself washed daily according to those customs. Her arms full she carried them out to where the soap was prepping, now all she needed were her camp mates to help her work on it.
Devereaux

Re: [ORP] Pakvora Kintala: Te'sorthene Roma Camp

Post by Devereaux »

-:[ Present Day ]:-

The sun seemed brighter, then greens greener, the sky bluer, the water cleaner and the air fresher. Everything around him felt new and incredibly alive. He felt incredibly alive; more so than he had in longer than he cared to think about.

Pushing that somewhat morose thought from his mind, Devereaux reached down into the sparkling stream and splashed his face with the cool water. He had already bathed this morning and sought only to refresh himself and his companion, Gunari. Said companion stood only a few feet from where Devereaux squatted on his haunches, with his long, graceful neck stretched down and lips to the water, drinking his fill.

Gunari was a horse, by the way; though calling him a ‘horse’ wasn’t entirely accurate. He was a… Well… That is a story for another time. Let’s just say they had a long standing partnership.

Gunari flicked a delicate ear toward Devereaux before lifting his head, licking his lips. He shook his head, intentionally spraying Devereaux with water droplets from his mane that had trailed into the stream. *You stink,* came the snickering voice of Gunari into Devereaux’s mind as he jerked to his feet, swearing. *You needed another bath.*

“No more than you do, horse. Keep it up and I will give you to the nearest butcher. Forget trying to sell you,” Devereaux growled.

*No, you won’t. You are too lazy to traipse all around the world on your own two feet. And I doubt if you can find a horse willing to lug your big arse around. I am your only option, Dev.* He sounded smug, not the least bit threatened.

Devereaux sighed in mock disappointment and then grinned. “Too true, old friend. I suppose I’m stuck with you.” It was an old joke between them.

He reached up and patted Gunari’s neck fondly. Gunari nosed his hip in return, leaving a damp smear behind and then looked away as if saying, “I didn’t do anything.” Devereaux just shook his head before swinging gracefully up into the saddle. Always had to have the last word…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-:[ Mid-Day ]:-

Outwardly he was perfectly cool and collected but Devereaux’s stomach knotted as they approached the caravan. His shoulders were tense. His thoughts ran in circles, full of doubt. Gunari rolled an ice blue eye back toward him. *Please try to relax. Your tension is beginning to make my stomach hurt.* Devereaux frowned, his own bright blue eyes looking between his companion’s ears. *Don’t apologize, Dev. Just relax. It will work out,* Gunari told him before he could form the thought. *You’re right, of course. You’re right,* Devereaux conceded.

With that, he closed his eyes went through his meditative exercises to coax his muscles to loosen and lower his heart rate. He opened his eyes when he felt Gunari halt and saw they had reached the perimeter of the caravan. Nervousness began to creep up on him again but he tamped it down ruthlessly. He ran a hand through his long blonde hair.

Just as he swung down from the saddle, an older child approached him warily, and looked up, and up… Devereaux was not a small man, after all. He gave the child his most friendly smile, though it probably looked more like a snarl, and said, “I am looking for the Kralisi here. I have need to speak with her. Will you please tell her of my presence?” Not that she probably didn’t already know… He would be disappointed if she didn’t. But in this case, being polite could only help. The child eyed Devereaux again before dashing off.
Brishan

Post by Brishan »

Thwack. Thwack. The sound of wood against wood echoed through the edge of the camp. Blue eyes focused on the wooden practice blade as Brishan moved through the stances Aingeal had shown him. One day he would be a great protector of the Caravan or become a pirate. He hadn't made up his mind yet as he moved the sword for another thwack. As his arm moved with the sword into another position a scent filled his nose. As far as they were from town, Brishan could tell the difference between those that were in camp and a new comer.

Softly he sniffed the air again before thrusting the wooden blade into the belt around his pants and moved through the camp to see who had come to camp. Slowly and cautiously he approached the rider. He was upon a vanner which was odd. Not many outside Roma circles would even have a vanner horse or look like he road the horse with the ease of any Roma. However, when the man used the word Kralisi, Brishan knew the tall man before him was a Roma like he was. With a nod he ran into the caravan, Scarlet would know what to do.

As he ran he heard his dai shout after him and Anya laugh with sounds that almost sounded like she was urging him on faster. Scarlet's vardo was at the end or in the middle depending upon how one looked at the caravan. Her's was the bright red one that his dai made comment was the color after which she picked her gaje name. "Kralisi! Kralisi! Someone is here to see you!" Brishan shouted as he forgot to knock on the door and just barged in on the Kralisi and her mate in the midst of what looked like rearranging the whole vardo. "He's on the out skirts, Kralisi." Brishan panted lightly and almost sounded like a wolf pup wondering if the stranger was another to play with or if they needed to be more wary of the man on his horse.

vanner = a bred of horse typically only ridden by Roma
Kralisi = Queen
dai = mother
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet watched amused as Rieron tried to move another spot for where the crib would go for the baby. So far they had only managed to just move everything around without much success. Items were strewn about the vardo as cupboards and other furniture was moved. In the corner the stove burned warmly to chase away any chill the snow might bring. Though Scarlet was itching to travel again, she was happy to spend time with her mate doing normal every day things.

"Amor .... you have too many things." Rieron stated simply as he moved the desk a fraction to the left. Not that it helped much. Scarlet bit back a laugh and just nodded. She thought about commenting on maybe he had too many weapons but she knew he would only comment about he only had enough weapons to keep her safe. Moving softly she wrapped her arms around his waist from behind and press herself against his back. Lightly her lips brushed against his shoulder blade. She could feel him laugh a bit and relaxing a fraction into her.

"I'm so glad you are home, Ves'tacha. However, most of my stuff you want to get rid of are needed things. Treatments, Oils. Soaps. I will not go without bathing so you can fit another axe in that cupboard while pretending to make room for the crib." She teased warmly and lovingly before she squeezed him a bit tighter. A burst through the door dropping her arms she could feel Rieron get ready to attack whomever came in. To her amusement it was Brishan on the other side of the door.

His eyes looks wild as he relayed his message. As the last words slipped from his mouth she could feel Rieron grow taught like a bow string. Every muscle in his body tightening for a fight. Scarlet could understand she was wary but curious to who would find their caravan. She moved forward to be stopped by Rieron's hand, "We should see who it is .... I know that you will keep me safe. Let us see who has come to our camp. If he means harm then you can kill him." She assured Rieron before they left their vardo and made their way to the edge of the camp.

The man standing at the edge was a large man. Her eyes moved over his form searching for some remembrance of who he was. As a breeze cropped up she could smell the scent of the man before her. It was a smell she would have never forgotten. Her eyes moved over the man's face as they grew near. Softly she moved her hand to lightly rest on Rieron's arm to stay his sword, "Ion ...." She whispered as her words caught a hitch and tears threatened to flow. "Is that you? Brother?" Her voice was louder at the last needing to know if she had completely lost her senses.

Amor = love
Ves'tacha = love

** Modded Rieron with his permission.