[ICNRP]The lie "Cork loves traders"

Moderator: Community Team

Zeffee

Re: [ICNRP]The lie "Cork loves traders"

Post by Zeffee »

Zeffee listens intently to the discussion, remembering the treatment of her husband who was threatened for not disbanding an army at the Captain's whim of a request.

She does hope the council will not show double standards and will raise charges against this general who refuses to disband an army.

Zeffee waits to see what happens and feels sorry for Dante.
Kane

Post by Kane »

Aingeal wrote:I will not disband my army, and lose everything that I have put into it. I see no reason to kick Rieron from my army either, so I will not be doing that as well. As far as I am concerned, this all was a bad disagreement, and while it is a shame that Dante was hurt, he will heal and I'm not really sorry that it happened.
The fact is that your army attacked someone without warning. If you wish to fly under the Bravian flag you must be held accountable for the actions of your army. How or why your soldiers attacked doesn't matter right now, what matters is that it was done. By not disbanding you are just opening yourself to further persecution.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Makes a few maths at the top of his head for a moment then speaks

50 Frenzies Soldiers pay x 6 months = 300 frenzies
150 Frenzies Generals pay x 6 months = 900 frenzies

I think that is about it since she made the army and I joined it.. This is the money owed to me and Aingeal both for having served Cork and Bravia defending the borders without asking for a cent at all and now being asked to disband a very costly army to maintain at whim for a coward that has repeatedly insulted me, my companions and even have gone as far as to bad mouth the state. Fat chance. Unless you have our owed money plus 500 more frenzies it takes to build an army and plus the extra to maintain it, in full then army stays, we have protected Cork since day one against all threats outer and inner.

When Amladris *looks over at Zeffee pointly* ""DECLARED WAR"" on the viceroy and the nation itself we were the first to respond to the threat until he was subdued. When he was asked to disband by the general and viceroy it was because he wanted to ""DECLARE WAR"". Our army did not declare war our army is protecting the nation and asked to be given respect for its loyal service to the nation without pay.

You little miss cry baby#2, I know what you are thinking and before spew anything else out of your mind or your mouth know that I personally offered OUT OF MY OWN POCKET to pay Amladris 500 frenzies to disband his army to keep him happy even though he was my enemy and gave him promise to see his army restored to strength once peace had been bought back to the nation. He was too stubborn to accept my offer and wouldn't listen to any reason from me or anybody else who told him to take it. DID I HAVE TO DO THAT WITH A MAN WHO DECLARED WAR ON THE NATION???? NOOOOOOOOOO, DID I STILL WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO KEEP HIM ALIVE IN THIS REALM???? YESSSSSSSSSS. You want witnesses go ask Idra, Aingeal, Scarlet and even his own family member (Victorious) whom were told about the offer. I sent letters to Idra about the talks going on between him and me and the weakling wouldn't budge no matter what I offered.

That is how much I have cared about my nation and my comrades. You want the army disbanded just like that even after being explained what happen then sorry no deal. Bal you have a problem with that *points to the arena* Make sure to fill out my name all nice and pretty on the scroll and send it as 'Death match' this time lizard. While you are at it I have some names of certain individuals that have served the country for 2 to 3 months as well that deserve pay for their service as well so you can start writing some checks with a 'thank you' note on the bottom and sending them to their direction.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Logo

Re: The lie "Cork loves traders"

Post by Logo »

A sad, yet resolute troll walked into the cork inn.
"Imma want to make some thingses EXCEEDINGLY clear 'round here.

The Bravia izza civil republic ruleded by law.
Izza not some wanton wilderness where the strong exploit the weaker or where justice is summarily dipsenseded guerrilla-style from the edgeses offa some blade.

Izza court estalisheded inna thissy republic for satisfaction of ANY offense whether izza writted in statute or not.
Izza military chain of command anna executive offices establisheded for the common good and defense of our Republic, her terrirories, interests and creatures inhabiting her.

Logo looked around coldly, "For an individual to usurp the responsibilishy anna authority of the court or hijack the chain of command to satisfy a personal vendetta runs counter to the rule of law anna principles of just government.

Everywho hazza mage-given right to self-determination, to pursue goals and existence azza seeing fit. Howsomever, the area of one's right to swing weapons unencumbered by consideration of consequence stops at the person and properties of another.

Looking toward the troops who had gathered to hear, or simply raise the temperature of the mob, the troll continued, "A military leader hazza obviosh duty to those in his charge. Whether through intention or negligence, manipulatating troops to unjustified attacks izza heinous misuse of other creatures anna makes victims of both thoses it commandses anna thoses what it is s'poseded to protect.

Now, izza not illegal most any speakings. Smack-talkings anna sabre-rattling, even verbal insult inna tavern or other public places izza seldom rising to illegalities. They izza one kinda thing -- but presumin' the role of judge and executioner -- takin' up real weapons inna town or onna road izza quite 'nother.

Imma 'spect better ... everywho inna republic of Bravia hazza right to 'spect better from THEIR military annd representatives of THEIR state.

The troll frowned a bit and pointed toward those who cried out at the cost of justice or the expense of showing honorable responsibility for one's actions. " izza not my doings thissy, but izza the troll's responsibilishy. Imma not liking, but imma accepting azza part of the deal. Imma not promise izza be no negatative consequencese -- izza absurdity this situation izza gotted so overblowneded.

Now, Imma CAN an' imma DO promise the innocent what izza damageded will recieve full compensationses. Nowho will suffer unjust costses due to this unseemly anna sad set of occurenceses -- iffy imma have to replace them from my own pocketses.

Logo turned to address the mayor and former general.
"Aingeal, imma sorry anna sad 'bout thissy thing.
Do not be so hard-hearted or innured to the principles you have worked to defend. A citizen of our republic, of Paz has allegeded and shown evidence of attacks by troops under your command. Izza also implicationses those actionses were unintentional.
Imma not talkin' 'bout some drunken insultings inna tavern -or some //(RP)// brawl in which all parties accepteded risks anna damageses. Izza allegeded real damages, real injuries here.
Azza former general anna mayor you must realize the situation and your central, untenable posytition in it. Maybehaps wazza inadvertent onna your part. That imma can understand makes the whole thing all the sadder. Izza all of us makes mistakeys, izza part of existing anna learning.
Maybehaps you'd like to follow conventions what shows remorse for suchy mistakes by makin' voluntary restitutions anna apologies. Imma suggest izza in your interest azza leader, but izza not for me to decide for you.

Of course, imma not knowing all the detailses. The general and the court will be investigating anna makin' their determinationses. Dependering on the results of investigations, possible judiciary cases and your actions, you may find your army and captaincy restored without loss.

Still, azza head of the military chain of command, imma must affirm the order by the general of the republic.
Aingeal, pending investigation and trial, y'Ou are to immediately lower your flag and disband the army "Emerald Light". You are not to create another without explicit authorization.

Imma sorry, Aingeal, izza orders not optional or open for discussying here. Neither will the investigationses or judicial decdyings be reached here by mob-debate.

Abouts your accusation, having a mayor offa town of this republic kidnapped and jailed izza indeedly serious things. Iffy you please, izza judicial, military anna council offices standing ready for your reportses anna evidenceses.
"

Finally the troll addressed the troops of Emerald Light:
"Imma see the ranks of thissy group are increaseded.
Imma can aappreciate the show of loyalty anna confidence inna leaders. Suchy confidence anna support for friendses izza noteded.
y'Ou can do more to help, now by offering wise council to show respect for the rule of law.
You may want to offer testimony or prepare briefs as a friends of the court.
Sadly, at this time the army 'Emerald Light' is unauthorized and rogue. Please, do not risk danger to yourself and others.
"

Sadly, yet firmly Logo called each by name. "Apoc, Monos, thorn, Rieron, Scarlet, you are to immediately leave the army Emerald Light. You are not to re-join it."
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know
Kane

Post by Kane »

Rieron wrote: 50 Frenzies Soldiers pay x 6 months = 300 frenzies
150 Frenzies Generals pay x 6 months = 900 frenzies
If your payment claims are valid, they will still be valid after the army has disbanded.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Before I can address your concerns fully, and make an informed decision henceforth, please inform me of what law you feel that I have broken?

And Kane... that is the point... we HAVE NEVER asked for any compensation.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Kane

Post by Kane »

Aingeal wrote: And Kane... that is the point... we HAVE NEVER asked for any compensation.
Great. Glad we established that.
balerion

Post by balerion »

I am more than happy to give the army pay that you feel is due. It is part of my job even as it was Aingeal's before me. If you would be so kind as to provide the time served by each of these soldiers the payments can be taken care of. Normally when a captain does not ask for pay it also pertains to all those soldiers serving in the same army. Obviously that is not always the case.

Aingeal you said you wanted to hear from the Viceroy before you would consider disbanding, well now you have. The Viceroy has made it quite clear that your army is no longer sanctioned and having an unsanctioned army is clearly against Bravian Law. Disbanding the army is not meant to be a punishment and is only necessary for the duration of the investigation.

Disbanding the army is no longer a request, but an order given directly from the Viceroy himself. There is no dishonor in a temporary disbanding, but to oppose direct orders from the head of the government can be seen as nothing but treasonous.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

I see no reason to be forced to disband, as I have broken no law. I haven't in the past present or future harmed Bravia or Cork, what makes you think I'm such a threat now?
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Kane

Post by Kane »

Aingeal wrote:I see no reason to be forced to disband, as I have broken no law. I haven't in the past present or future harmed Bravia or Cork, what makes you think I'm such a threat now?
Your army attacked someone without warning.