(rp ) Greywing and his friends.

Moderator: Community Team

starlite271043

(rp ) Greywing and his friends.

Post by starlite271043 »

He walked out of the door and thought, "That's it. I have had enough. I cannot live like this any more.I need more in my life than trying to exist on nothing. We are being starved just so that the Lord can live well.I'm going now while I have the chance."

So he walked quickly and silently through the fields and on into the woods. He knew his way very well hereabouts for he had been a woodsman for many years.

He made his way to a hidden hut he kept there. In the darkness he made his silent passage until he reached it. He entered and stood for a moment to allow his eyes to adjust. This done he looked around and smiled. The little man had been here again.

"I wonder if he will visit while I am here." he thought. " I will see for myself if he has healed." He thought back to the night he first met the little man. It was dark like tonight with no moon and he had almost reached the hut himself when he fell over something on his path that squawked.

He smiled at the memory of the inventive invective that came forth from such a little person and remembered how he had just stood there staring unbelieving. "I truly think he did not use one word twice, amazing."he mused. Once he had gathered his wits he had knelt by the little man and asked if he was hurt. "Oh no, I always lay in wait on the path for someone as clumsy as you to stand on me. 'Tis the highlight of my day." had replied the little man.Greywing smiled at the fond memory.

He had gently run his hands over the form on the path and felt very guilty to find a break in one of the legs. " I am so dreadfully sorry but I have broken a bone in your leg." he sadly told the little man. "But I will dress it and care for you until it is healed." The little man looked very guilty and shook his head. " No, you did not do it. Er, umm, I er, fell out of that tree."

He pointed at one on the side of the path." I was trying to collect the chestnuts, but I fell instead of them, and then I was unable to arise."

Greywing remembered how tiny the little man felt. He was very small and Greywing was sure he hadn't been getting enough food. He felt too light. It was a good thing he had made sure he kept stores hidden away in his hut. He gently gathered the little man in his arms and strode off towards his hut. Making sure no-one was around he whistled a peculiar tune. The little man's eyes widened in astonishment. He looked up at Greywing consideringly. "Hmm" he thought," this is not an ordinary man. I wonder how he learnt that signal?"

He knew almost everyone who had been granted that signal and it was not many.It was one of his own so he should know it. "Who taught you that tune" he asked. "OH, that was taught to me by a very special woodsman a long time ago. I was only a young man then. He was my mentor and taught me many things beside woodscraft." replied Greywing.

While he spoke the fronds of a willow parted and there in their place was a small hut.He carefully manouvered the little man and himself through the doorway, crossing the room to lay him on the bed against the wall.He went to a large box near the opposite wall and gathered several items and a low stool and brought them to where the little man lay and placing the items on the bed.

Very gently he removed the little man's leggings, he spread his hands on the man's leg and gently examined him.He gave a great sigh of relief and told the man that he had not broken the bone badly in his leg but it was very badly bruised and he had probably pulled the strings inside the leg. Greywing carefully annointed the leg and gently bound it.

"I'm afraid you cannot walk on it for at least three, maybe four days," he told the little man. " but it matters not for you will stay here in safety and I can care for you in the meantime." He cleared the lotions etc. away and turning said", My name is Greywing and I am known to your people". The little man smiled for he had already guessed as much. There was only one outsider welcomed by his people and that was this man called Greywing. He was fast becoming a legend among them. "I am called Hargan of the wild lands." he told Greywing and they smiled at each other in comradeship.
starlite271043

Re: (rp ) Greywing and his friends.

Post by starlite271043 »

The little man had smiled at Greywing and told him he was known to his people indeed and in fact, that was why he was at the tree. Greywing looked at Hargon and wondered why he would be waiting for him.
"We have a rather tricky problem and have need again of your services," Hargan said,You are the only human my people will trust, and we hope you will agree to help us."

"I will certainly help if I can ," Greywing told him. He knew the problem must be serious for Hargan to call on him. He wondered just what would make him call on him. "Please tell me the problem."he said. Hargan looked very serious indeed,for he was trying to think of a way to explain the problem.

"Right, as you know, the queen's favourite daughter is of age to wed and there is a suitor for her, but unfortunately she has been kidnapped by a rather nasty bunch of humans. They have demanded the rights to our gold mine, otherwise they will kill the girl. The queen is willing to do this but the council are not. So far, we have kept it from the people as we have no wish to start a war, which is what will happen as you know." he told Greywing. "As you are human and a friend to us, the council have asked me to approach you with the problem and they are hoping you will help us to get the girl back without war or damage."

"Frankly, we cannot agree to give them the mine, it is our main income as well as the other metals we mine."he said.
"Definitely not," agreed Greywing. "Yes, I remember the young lass, she was a pretty little thing. I will help, of course, that is understood, you know that. First, we will discuss this fully and as soon as you are healed we will go."
starlite271043

Re: (rp ) Greywing and his friends.

Post by starlite271043 »

Greywing pondered the problem. There was no way they could agree to what the kidnappers wanted. It was out of the question. Suddenly, he remembered a man he had helped years ago. He knew this man was still alive and where he lived.

A vague idea was forming in his mind of a plan. If he could get the services of some friends of his, all who owed him in one way or another, they stood a good chance of getting the princess back safe and deal with the men behind it all.

He explained his plan, vague though it was, to Hargon. He told him about his friends as well.

Hargon's face lit up and he turned to Greywing excitedly. "You really think this can work?" he asked. "Sure. It will work.These guys are the best around, we've worked together many times, so know each other's ways and how each will respond."

"I will get the word to them all and by then you should be ok on that leg. I can go through the plan and get their input and if necessary revise it until we're satisfied. Once that is done then we will move." explained Greywing.

He went over to his desk and started to write the letters to send to each of them. He knew it might take a week depending on where they were, but that didn't matter. These kidnappers knew councils didn't move fast anyway, so they weren't expecting contact yet awhile.