[ORP] Serene's house and workshop

Moderator: Community Team

Serene

Re: [ORP] Serene's house and workshop

Post by Serene »

"Rieron wrote me a note to give to Juan. I am cleared to go about town. I didn't like having to escape from Juan!
But he seems to get upset if I don't eat all he makes..."
Serene points to the crumpled piece of paper on the counter.

Serene took several big bites. She liked being compared to her older sister. She ate more than she had eaten since her recovery.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda chewed her food slowly as she contemplated. "Want to know a secret? Training made my appetite huge. I didn't use to eat this much. After I started training rigorously, I started to eat more than usual. Of course, eating also keeps me distracted from ahmm... other things. I tend to think too much about a lot of things recently."

She slightly waved her hand to change the subject. "I suddenly remember that we need to stay here in town for the time being. Stingy's the Mayor and I'm almost certain that he would prefer that we stay here. He would miss us a lot if we go and he wouldn't admit it." She winked at Serene.

She helped herself with a third serving The fruits were delicious which made her glad. "How's your training? Do you need help with your weapons?"
Serene

Post by Serene »

"Okay" Serene replies and starts giggling hysterically when Grazilda winks at her. She is sure that she has been let in on a big secret because of the wink but she is not exactly sure what is the secret. She guesses the secret is that it is possible to distract her sister.
Who would ever believe it was possible to distract her?

Serene continues to eat slowly. She listens to the topic of training. She has been training a lot but she had lost a bunch of her proficiency with the illness. "I did get to 100% with my bow the other day! Though I forgot to use my sword and they docked some points off my score. It's not fair cause the sword was too heavy for me. The trainer sure has a lot of rules, don't you think so?"

After a while Serene responds to her question if she would practice dueling with her. "Yes please, Will you help me practice dualing with my sword?" Serene runs out of the house at a wildly fast pace to the training ground.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda clenched her fist when Serene told her about the unfair trainer. "Perhaps I should send that trainer to the after life." She said as she got up on her feet to follow Serene. On her way out, she looked at Juan. "The meal was delicious. Thank you."

And then she ran to the training ground to train with Serene.

And she had a silly smile on her face.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Juan stayed out of the way and tried to remain inconspicuous. He sighed in relief when he heard in the conversation that the note let him off the hook. He quietly made sure they had the food and water they needed. He was so glad to be out of a position of having to tell his boss what to do.

He picked up the note and put it in his pocket. He wanted to be sure and save the note.

He watched the wild child run out the door.

Grazilda graciously thanked him. He got a big grin on his face. "You are most welcome anytime."
He watched them run out of sight. He shut the door.

He cleaned up the mess whistling as he worked. When he was done, he went out back to collect eggs.

It looked as if he would have a job a while longer. He knew he was not Serene's first steward. Hopefully he would last a lot longer. It was a good job.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene came back from her dueling practice with Grizilda. She had lost of course, but she was feeling more proficient.

She came into the kitchen and found a basket of eggs on the table. Juan really liked the chickens and they laid eggs well under his stewardship. "Great job Juan! And thanks for the wonderful feast I got to have with my sister Grizilda!"

Serene noticed that Juan had been cooking again. She packed up a big basket of food and treats. She filled one of her pockets with daggers and picked up her juggling Sharp objects book she had checked out of the library after her dueling practice.
She headed off to her old elves language class, at least that is where she thought she was going.

On her way there she spotted an old tree with low branches. It was a perfect tree to climb! She set her basket down and scrambled high up into the tree. The view from up here was incredible. Miles and miles of forest could be seen, and a little creek she had not yet explored.

She quickly climbed down the tree, picked up her basket, and headed for the stream. The streams babbled and gurgled as it skipped over bolders creating beautiful white foamy water. Off to one side was a pond away from the white water. It looked like a beaver had diverted some of the stream to create a pond. Water lilies and cat tails filled the pond on one side that was shaded and the water was more stagnant. There on the edge of the pond sitting on a lily pad was a big frog. Serene decided that she needed a frog. Once upon a time she had a toad. A toad that Balerion had eaten for a snack in court. She missed the toad but realized that sometimes dragons get hungry. Serene wondered if Dragons ate frogs as well as toads.
Serene

Post by Serene »

(started new post cause it was getting long and I didn't want to lose it... I hope that is ok...)

Serene scooted quietly towards the frog. It took several times to even get close. The frogs heard her and jumped with a big plop into the water. Each time she would have to patiently wait for a frog to come out of the water and to sit on a lily pad. Twice she got drenched in the pond. The first time only her lower half and the second time she was soaked from head to toe. She looked a little bedraggled and her hair could use a good brushing. There were a few leaves and sticks in her hair by the time she finally caught a frog. She played with the frog until she was dry. As she was playing, she thought about bringing Calysta here to play with her. She was sure she would love this place.

She straightened her wild unruly hair the best she could with her fingers. She sat down under a tree and read her Juggling Sharp Objects book. After she completed reading a section she decided it was time to practice. She put her new frog in her pocket. She got out three daggers from her other pocket and proceeded to juggle the butcher knives. She did pretty good, not great, but certainly not bad.

After a while, she looked at the sun in the sky and realized she was going to be late for class. She rinsed her hands in the pond, and skipped over to her basket. She took out a bunch of strawberries to munch on. They were delicious and sweet. Juice dotted her skin giving her pinkish spots here and there. When she was done she grabbed her basket of food. Then she skipped over to the Dalakoi manor. Her new frog occasionally made ribbiting noises from her sealed pocket.

Before too long she slipped quietly into the manor and headed to her class.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene had enjoyed the class if not totally understanding all that happened in it. After her class, she had swung by the tavern, and visited with family.

One of the things she had been told was that this frog had to go back to the pond from whence it came. Serene got to have a few adventures with this frog before having to put it back. It had swum in a drinking glass, and jumped around a bit. It was not to be a permanent pet it seemed by orders given.

Calysta had volunteered to help take it back to the pond with her. Serene was very excited about this. Calysta was so fun to be around. They had left the tavern together holding hands and skipping out the door.

Serene skipped down the path towards the forest. She remembered that the pond was created by a Beaver dam off a white water stream. She thought she could get back but she was not positive. She found the tree that she saw it from the first time. So she climbed up the tree again to see the lay of the land. "Calysta would you like to come up too? The view is so pretty from up here. You can see the stream and the pond off to the side. Oh and lots and lots of trees in the forest!"
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene waited for a reply then she happily skipped towards the pond with the frog wiggling in her pocket. When she got to the far side of the pond away from the white water rapids, she got to work building the frog a home. She collected rocks, twigs, flowers, and some mud clay. She slowly and carefully placed rocks into a frog sized house cave. She used the clay like glue to hold the rocks in place. She used the twigs to make a boardwalk path around the house. It took her a few hours to make. She worked quietly with an occasional tear streaming down her face at the thought of having to let her frog go.

The frog was quite actively trying to get out of her pocket. It could sense somehow that it was near its pond.

Serene picked some grass and put it on the floor of the rock cave to make a soft carpet inside. She set the flowers by the door on either side of the opening. She worked slowly and kept finding more to do to delay the release of the frog.
Serene

Post by Serene »

After finishing the last touches to the frog house, Serene opened her pocket to get the squirming frog out. She carefully set the frog in the house.
The frog seemed surprised and stunned. It sat there in the house frozen. Serene was delighted assuming that the frog loved it new home.
She watched the frog intently to make sure it was happy. A fly flew by and the hungry frog's tongue flicked out and easily caught the fly. Serene watched amazed. Could the frog really eat flies!!!???

After a while the frog left his rock house and hopped over to the pond and dove in.

Serene said good bye to the frog. She was happy in the knowledge that the frog liked his new home. She skipped back home.