[ORP] Serene's house and workshop

Moderator: Community Team

Serene

Re: [ORP] Serene's house and workshop

Post by Serene »

The wood chopping went well and soon she had enough wood for the fireplace.
Maybe some to sell too if they ever got to continue their vacation.
She occasionally stopped to pet Oreo. Somehow having the puppy along made it seem less like work and a lot more fun!

When they got back, she washed her hands and got to work butchering some chickens.
When she got the fire going to cook up the legs, she shared tidbits with the puppy. "These will help you grow big and strong."
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

Oreo watched Serene happily as he jumped from rock to rock, away from the spot where Serene was chopping wood. He liked her fun nature. Whenever she looked at him, he barked happily and wagged his tail to support her. "Woof! Woof!"

When they went back home, Oreo sat on one area and watched Serene cook some food. He liked the smell of the food. Grazilda was a butcher too, so he was familiar with what Serene was doing. He waited and watched her happily. At times, he rolled over the floor and jumped around for fun.

He was surprised that Serene shared some tidbits to him. "Woof!" He barked to thank her and jumped at her to lick her cheek. Then, he ate the food.
Serene

Post by Serene »

When Serene finished cooking up her chicken legs, She packaged them up and asked Juan to take them to the market. "Thanks Juan. I will have a bonus for you tomorrow. Your help was very useful today!"
"Hey Oreo, I need to go work in the field a while. Do you want to come too?"
Serene headed to the field skipping happily.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda looked around. She asked where she can find Serene and by just listening for a barking dog, she knew where to find her. She walked quietly and observed them first from a safe distance. She watched how Serene interacted with the dog and how to dog responded. It seems like the mutt already made himself at home. Not bad, she thought and smiled.

She walked toward them and cleared her throat to make her presence known. "I see that the mutt's behaving well, Serene," she said and smiled at her.
Serene

Post by Serene »

As Serene is setting her last ear of corn in her basket as she hears her new sister.
She turns towards her with a smile. She wipes away some sweat from all her fieldwork, chopping, and carrying wood. It has been a very fun busy day.
"Oh yes! It is fun to see life through a puppies eyes. You did a great job training him. :) Very fun to have around! Oreo! Look whose here!"
Serene walks to her. "Do you have a few minutes to come to my house? Juan makes some great strawberry and iced tea mixture? It is very refreshing! I will just need a minute to freshen up a bit."

Serene was hoping there would be time to get to know her sister.
She smiled happily thinking this was a great birthday present. Time to chat with her new found sister. She wondered if her sister even knew her birthday. They had so much to catch up on.

Edit... Fixed to be field instead of firewood. So story line is consistent.
Last edited by Serene on Tue May 14, 2013 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Juan was pleased with his new job working for Serene.
It was much better work than working in the mines day after day.
He was getting the hang of butchering. He enjoyed getting people to work harder in the fields. He had even been known to encourage Serene to work harder and produce more. To him it was a joy. He was grateful to be above ground. Truth be told he felt he had a rather cushy job.
Serene regularly worked harder than him. He liked to pretend at times that she really worked for him.
He had found out by accident that today was possibly Serene's birthday. While she was out chopping wood, he was inside taking care of dinner and small chores around the house and cleaning the workshop. He had found out early that Serene demanded a clean workshop. The door had been knocked on regularly today. Most days it was quiet, but definitely not today.
First had come a messenger from the mages delivering 25f. Then Cassandra had sent two roses followed by two oranges and 50f from Rieron. Logo had also sent a card. This had clued Juan that today was a special day for Serene. He was not exactly sure of the occasion. Maybe a second anniversary with them sending gifts in units of two.

He made some strawberry iced tea, and a dinner of fish and broccoli. He had even run over to the caravan and gotten a milkshake. Everything was set for Serene to come home. The meal was nicer than normal, but not so nice he would be scolded for extravagance. Not that he had ever been scolded by Serene, but she had missed paying him once. True she gave him a bonus the next day, but still. He wished he was the boss so he could nag her about stuff.
So he sat down and rested.
He got up quickly though to arrange the gifts on the table. Those roses needed tending or they would wilt.
He thought he heard voices. He peered through the kitchen window.
He raced to set the table for two, just incase. The milkshake was large. It could be split into two glasses.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda smiled at Serene. "Feed him and he'll behave," she laughed. She noticed that Serene wiped her forehead. "Had a busy day? How can I help?" She offered."I will have a duel in the next coming days but I am definitely free today. And I definitely have time for strawberries!" She giggled. She wondered if she made her love for strawberries a bit too obvious.

And Grazilda was oblivious to the fact that it was Serene's birthday that day.
Serene

Post by Serene »

"Come on lets go!" Serene headed to her house with new energy happy to have company. They arrived at the house. When Serene opened the door, she was surprised at the packages and somehow Juan had managed to set up a nice dinner for two. How had he known?

"Wow Juan! What is all this?" Serene looks at the items and smiles. It feels good to be remembered. And she has a visitor!
"Thank you for setting dinner. I will be back in a moment. Please make sure to welcome Grazilda. Serene headed to the back room to freshen up a bit.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Juan smiles at Grazilda. "Welcome and come rest your feet over here at the table." He indicates a chair for her to sit at.
"The puppy is welcome too." Juan shows her where some food and water have been set out for Oreo. "May I pour you some Strawberry iced tea? It is good if I may say so."
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene comes back as quickly as she can. She feels much better, very refreshed.
"I hope I was not gone too long." Serene opens up the letters and packages. "I am happy. It is fun to have your birthday remembered. When is your birthday? I should know as you are my sister. It worries me a bit that I don't."
"Look, Rieron gave me oranges! We can add them to our meal. I have had them twice before. They are delicious!" Serene pauses for a moment reflecting and remembering. "It reminds me of when I moved to Cork. Rieron came and got me in Imperious. On our way through Widu, I bugged him to let me pick some oranges in the orchard. We were in a hurry then. He promised me that he would take me to Widu at a later date to get some. Maybe this is a reminder that he remembers his promise? Would you like a taste? They are delicious." Serene says with a smile.
She moves the vase of roses from Cassandra to the table they will eat at. "That will make our meal more festive. Come join, please?"