[ORP] Serene's house and workshop

Moderator: Community Team

Serene

Re: [ORP] Serene's house and workshop

Post by Serene »

Serene went to the coop and found everything already ready for chickens. She fluffed some of the straw and then she was done. It may have actually been messier when she was done cleaning than when she started.
Serene was excited. She liked chickens. She noticed that there wasn't really that much corn feed. She remembered that the chickens don't really like sweet corn.

When she came out, she came out carrying some sweet corn. She headed to the market skipping at full speed. She slowed down and offered some mobbing peasants some sweet corn as they looked hungry. Some of them left to go sit down and eat the sweet corn. She continued on her way and noticed that it was Logo's birthday. Serene loved birthday parties! She Gave Logo some sweet corn for his birthday. She let him know that the peasants like sweet corn. She was surprised to learn that Logo liked sweet corn too. She would have to try some. She was so busy passing it out that she hadn't had any herself.

Serene arrived at the marketplace and placed an order for 50 corn. That should last a while. She asked some peasants that she had given sweet corn to if they would deliver it to her house.

She skipped about and noticed that TK was selling a golem piece. She bought it.

She started skipping back home when who should she run into? Juan!
"Hi Juan! I see you got some chickens! I bought them some food too!" Serene skips beside him as they head home. "Are those chickens ok?"
Juan

Post by Juan »

Juan grimaced as Serene noticed the state of the chickens. "I think they will be fine... I will make them a special dinner .it should perk them up." Juan adds an I hope in his mind.

They continue the trek home and put the chickens in the coop. Serene skips along and watches. She decides that if the chickens do get healthy she will give him a bonus ....
Serene

Post by Serene »

After a couple of days, the chickens looked very healthy under Juan's careful nurturing. The chickens had already started laying eggs! Serene loved having fresh eggs for breakfast. Serene gave Juan a bonus for his amazing knack with animals. Juan appeared to be overjoyed.

Serene got a letter from Rieron. She read it delighted. She set about making preparations.
"Juan, can you please return my library book tomorrow? I finished reading it. Thank you!"

Serene rushed about in a flurry of activity.
Serene

Post by Serene »

So much had happened so fast that Serene sat at her kitchen table and drummed her fingers on the table. She thought back on her fun times as rector of the Bravian University. How long had she been rector? Two or three weeks? The university was so beautiful! Scarlet had done a wonderful job building the University over the years Serene had taken classes. Recently, YenLan had been rector but then he had fallen asleep and Serene had been unable to wake him. Some said he was dead! Serene had had a wonderful time running the university. She had mailed letters, made polls, run classes, maintained the pristine nature of the facility, and hired Zachrin to write books... She regretted that she didn't get to hire a weaver to bind the books. If she had succeeded, the Bravian University would of had a complete library of every book in the known world. Now that would of been a big success story! Something she could be proud of! Alas it was not to be...

The dragon had come along and spoiled all the fun!
He had scared everyone away.! He had not only taken over the castle and destroyed all the walls with his lashing tail. The dragon had picked up the castle carelessly and flew it to Bravia. Most of the beautiful castle had crumbled and was destroyed according to reports she had heard.

Serene had tried to save the university from certain destruction. She had come up with a plan to save it. She had gotten permission from the Vicerine Nikola to proceed. She had been successful at protecting the university. Serene was proud of this fact. Marslyn, her friend, Nikola, and Johnstone had been declared outlaws. Serene was horrified and scared.
Her whole world had been turned upside down in just a few days.

Serene signed and rested her head on the table and fell asleep. She dreamed strange and weird dreams where everything changed, yet was the same. Adults screamed and yelled. It was a wild psychedelic ride. Dragons swooped here and there... Flames flames everywhere.... She tried and tried to hear the flames talking... Maniacal laughter echoed and boomed.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Juan saw Serene sleeping at the kitchen table. It looked like she was having a nightmare. He gently picked her up and carried her to her bed. He set the wild child down then covered her with a light blanket. He watched her for a moment or two then left to go feed the cows.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Juan looked about relieved. Even though there was snow everywhere, he wasn't getting pelted with as many snowballs as earlier this month.
He sighed and fed the cows and sheep. He had to scrape the snow away so the sheep could get at the meager grass. A couple of his favorite sheep had died recently. He stood outside the pen and scratched a sheep's head. He loved taking care of the animals. Serene regularly gave him a bonus in the form of a pig. Serene insisted that the cows get wheat every single day. He had argued with her that they did not need wheat every day. Though he decided that Serene certainly knew how to get the cows to produce lots of milk and still stay healthy. The cows were now 20 days old and 100% healthy. He thought how he would do things if he had the final say. Talking to himself, he said, "I probably would feed them wheat every day myself if I could afford it. Especially in the winter time! Shoveling the snow so the cows can get to the old grass is not my idea of fun. That blizzard was awful, horrid and miserable the other day..."
Juan continued to do his chores while he whistled charismatically encouraging the people he hired to help to work harder.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene decided it was time to clean house. She fluffed her pillows and dusted the furniture. Feeling tired she crawled in her bed with the comfy mattress and pillows and fell asleep.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene had finished her third room in her house. She wasn't sure if she was going to have it be her workshop or if she would have the luxury of a playroom or maybe a bedroom.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda hesitated. Part of her wanted to talk to Serene about what happened in the Graveyard. She knew that Serene would never think of her as a crazy woman if she told her that she could hear the dead talk. However, another part of her wanted to go straight to Rieron first to ask for an explanation.

She was already in front of Serene's house and workshop so decided to knock anyway. "Serene, are you there?" She waited.

A thousand things were in her head right now. If Serene opens the door, she can just request Serene to stop dragging her to Teide's stall in the market. She knocked at the door again.

There was no answer.
(ooc: because Serene's character is "paused")