[ORP] Building A Vardo (and more)

Moderator: Community Team

Devereaux

Re: [ORP] Building A Vardo (and more)

Post by Devereaux »

The loud barking interrupted Devereaux's train of thought. He peered around the front of his vardo and then smiled as he spotted the energetic ball of fluff that was Grazilda's Oreo. Despite the lass acting as if Oreo was a nuisance and he didn't mean so much to her, Dev knew otherwise. She cared for the little dog a great deal... And was entrusting him with the lad's care.

Then Dev spotted the lass in question trotting toward them, looking rather harried. Grazilda came to an abrupt halt when their eyes met. Devereaux dropped his gaze to allow her a moment to compose herself before looking back up. He dusted his hands off on his breeches and then approached the pair with a genuinely pleased smile curling his lips.

“Gralta*, Grazilda, Oreo. Glad to see you made it.”

*Romani greeting, like hello
Slight godmodding done with the permission of Grazilda.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda felt like running after a wild boar as she ran after the little mutt, otherwise known as Oreo. She planned on making a silent entrance, but thanks to the little mutt, that was not the case. She ran for the dog when a tall creature with blue eyes went into full view. Caught between intrusion of their peace and embarrassment of the situation, she came to a quick halt when their eyes met.

"Hello, Dev," she said, as she tried to catch her breath and then composed herself. Ahm...Here we are." [/color] She said, not knowing if there were some Roma gestures that should be done in these situations. "And we made it in one piece," she said. "How are you?" She asked, even though they just saw each other earlier in the tavern.
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

"Woof! Woof!" Oreo barked in great joy upon seeing his new friend Devereaux. He ran as fast as his four legs can and barked happily at the man. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with you, Dev, the dog thought as he happily wagged his tail when he stood before the man.

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! Let's play, Dev! Where can I run? Oreo's mind was filled with thoughts as he kept on barking at Dev. "Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!!!" He looked forward to this day, as Grazilda told him nice things about the man. He was certain that he would enjoy this man's company.

He sat infront of Dev and stopped barking. He was told to behave so he waited for instructions, looked at Devereaux, then at Grazilda and then started to run around to roll on the ground and played.
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

Oreo jumped out of their tent and barked happily. He was sent on an errand and he was proud to do his task. He carried a small basket with his little mouth. Inside the basket was a carefully-wrapped tart with a little note. He wagged his tail then made his way to Devereaux's vardo.

On his way, he saw some people in the caravan and he managed to stop and put down the basket to bark them a greeting. When he was done, he carefully picked the basket by it's handle and continued on his way.

After a lot of detours, he was able to finally reach his destination. He was told to head to the vardo as early as he can before Dev could leave for his daily tasks. And so there he was, little Oreo and his basket with goodies and note and waited for Dev by the vardo.

Dearest Dev,

Just a little something to brighten your day.

With love,
Grazilda
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

After she secured her tent and hugged Oreo, Grazilda headed straight to Devereaux's vardo. As she approached his door, she suddenly felt sad. This was the first time that she would travel without him since she moved to Cork. She almost regretted not waiting for him to be available before going on this trip with the rest of her sisters. And with a heavy heart, she left a letter by the door of his vardo, a place where he would most definitely see it when he comes back home.
Dearest Dev,

I will be gone with my sisters for a trade trip. This might be the longest trade trip that I'll do as of late. It breaks my heart to be away from you, yet circumstances have let us to this. This will be my first time to travel without you since I moved to Cork and somehow, I feel so incomplete.

Take good care while I'm gone. I shall be thinking of you every time my hand would touch thed the hilt of my dagger.

With love,
Grazilda
She took a deep breath to combat the sadness and returned to her tent.