[CRP] To know and to be tested

Moderator: Community Team

Grazilda

[CRP] To know and to be tested

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda promised that she will be kind so she will. She was initially annoyed at Zane in the tavern and she took his comment as him insulting her skills in construction. At that instant during the miscommunication with Zane, she wanted to grab his collar and shove him to the bath room that she recently build. However, she figured that it would do no one any good so she kept calm.

She looked for him and waited for him in the tavern since she first met him, in order to finally start this vardo project that was given to her. Yet he proved to be elusive. They said that he was shy, which makes things harder for her.

She was told where he stayed and she decided to end this seemingly endless hide-and-seek. She walked straight to his tent. She stood there and waited for any sign of life. There was none. She frowned. Either he was not there or he was dead. She hoped it was not the latter. She cleared her throat. “Zane, it's me, Grazilda. I'm here for the vardo project,” she said in a gentle tone.

*edited for typos
Last edited by Grazilda on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zalen

Re: [CRP] To know and to be tested

Post by Zalen »

Zane ran a hand through his short, dark blonde hair, causing it to stick up in unruly spikes. But he didn't notice; didn't even realize he'd made the action in the first place. It was a habitual movement and he was deep in thought making scale drawings of the plans for his vardo. He'd asked Scarlet for parchment and a bit charcoal for him to sketch the construction out. The papers were at present scattered about in a very non-Roma mess. Zane didn't notice that either.

He frowned a bit at the drawing in front of him. That line wasn't quite right... Carefully he rubbed the line out with his thumb and redrew it. Ah! Much better, he thought with satisfaction. The vardo was going to be one of the smaller ones but Zane didn't need much. It was only him, after all.

The clearing of a female throat and soft the announcement of who it belonged to brought him out of his thoughts. Despite the fact she seemed a bit on the prickly Zane found himself smiling. Marriage was always a reason to smile. And Roma loved to celebrate; celebrating was as thick in Roma blood as their Vanners were. Besides, that Devereaux needed a strong woman... In Zane's opinion, anyway.

He got to his feet and opened the flap of his tent, popping his head out. “Gralta*, Grazilda. Wait just a moment. I'll grab my plans,” he told her, still wearing that smile. Then he ducked back in, rounded up the drawings quickly, but careful not to smear them and stepped out with them held in one hand. The other he extended toward her. “Please excuse the smudges. I've been adding the finishing touches. And I didn't get to tell you when we met so congratulations,” Zane said with another friendly smile.

*Hello
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda heard some movement from within the tent. He's alive, after all, she thought. And shifted her weight from one foot to the other. Part of her was relieved to know that Zane was alive.

She was genuinely surprised when he suddenly popped his head out of the tent and smiled, his hair unruly and all. That was a look of someone whose defenses were down. She expected him to be somewhat either angry or indifferent at her. However, his smile looked genuine so she sincerely smiled back, once again relieved that he didn't mind the previous unfriendly encounter that they had in the tavern. “Hello, Zane,” she replied back. “I won't go anywhere. Take your time,” she added and patiently waited for him. So he was busy planning for the vardo. That's a good sign, she quietly noted.

She heard some ruffling of sheets of paper, if not parchment, which made her raise her eyebrows. It gave her the impression that careful planning has been done earlier about this project. She was pleased.

He quickly got out of the tent with sheets of paper with sketches of the vardo. With just one look, she knew that he spent some time thinking about the vardo and drew them with great detail. Somehow, she formed the idea that she would get along with him, at least while doing this project. He seemed organized, or at least work-organized and he struck her as a man who has keen eyes for details. She noted smudges in the sketches, which indicated that he's not the type of person with an iron hand. He might be a detailed one, but somehow, he looked like he can compromise and be a team-player. ”No need to apologize regarding the smudges.” She assured him.

His congratulatory greeting slighltly threw her mind off. She quickly blinked and then blushed while she shook his extended hand. She managed to smile again, her cheeks turning redder by the minute. “Thanks, Zane. The idea hasn't sunk in yet, to be honest...” She was quiet. She silently smiled at the thought of Dev and her being engaged.

She cleared her throat and focused on the project. ”I'm glad that you drew your plan for the vardo. I've been looking for you for days to discuss this. And since I could not get hold of you, I hope you don't mind if I took the liberty of searching and procuring wood. I made a bathroom recently and I spoke with my source who gladly sold me an estimate of the wood that we would need. They are by my tent and neatly covered. Should we need more wood, my contact can quickly provide us with more wood and other possible materials,” she explained.
Zalen

Post by Zalen »

Zane chuckled at Grazilda. Well, not at her, per say. But the blush that pinked her cheeks was rather endearing and gave a glimpse of the woman beneath the prickly exterior; just a flash of what Devereaux saw in her. And also because she seemed infinitely competent, considering she had already done a lot of the ground work to begin their project.

“I apologize for being a bit hard to find... Force of habit, I suppose. But no, I don't mind that you took the liberty of procuring wood for the project. Quite the opposite. You've made our job much easier. We can get right into laying out the foundation now instead of hunting supplies. I'll be wanting to pay you back for it, however. It wouldn't do to have you paying for my vardo,” Zane smiled again as he spoke.

“Why don't we head over to where you've got the wood stored? Building it near where the supplies are instead of dragging it all over here will make this easier still. That's one of the beautiful things about having a home on wheels instead of on the ground... We can move it wherever we need it to be when it's finished. I won't be staying in it until then anyway so it works out well. Lead the way.”

He extended his hand and dipped his head slightly to indicate for her to go on ahead. Once Grazilda began to move away, Zane would fall into step beside her.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda tilted her head when Zane mentioned about habits. "Hmm...Forgive me for intruding, but did you mean that you live your life as if eternally hiding?" She asked, not because she was nosy, but merely because she was curious. And she wondered why would someone live such a life.

She was pleased that he didn't mind her early wood search. At least they got that out of the way. "Then, come and follow me. The piles of wood are somewhere near my tent," she said and smiled at him when he let her lead the way.

They walked in silence until she spoke, "I haven't lived in a vardo, obviously. I used to live in makeshift tents. As of the last few years, I even lived in a cave. As long as I've got all sides literally covered, I'm all good. Of course, I'll never turn my back to a comfortable habitat," she smiled. She almost stopped walking and looked at him. "I'm curious, Zane. I know this might be rude but...Are you somewhere over a century old?"