[CRP]Silverdale Manor, Home to the Wanderers

Moderator: Community Team

Zechin

Tuesday September 17th 1653 the year of our Mage.

Post by Zechin »

Today was rather uneventful despite the day being rather sunny. The warmth and comfort of my bed is quite a sinful motivator that I’m sure of, for it made me wish to sleep in. When I finally dragged myself out of bed it was close to middy thus making me decide to skip breakfast and work for my lunch so to speak.

The training ground was a glorious sight as scores of Silverdale House Guards clad in black worked furiously going through all sorts of rigorous training routines. Although lazy as I was, I wasn’t particular inclined to join them so I decided to take a few shots at the dummy with my new handcrafted longbow. Although my first shot was a tale worthy for the bards to sing of the next two were less impressive only scattered across the chest. Suppose I was frustrated as I thrusted my bow into the hands of a bystander whom was watching, and grunted a few words asking him to unstring my bow and put it back on the weaponry rack later.

Blasted Barnacles how hard is it to concentrate? It must be the fact that I have the feast preparations in mind considering that I wished to make a suitable environment where everyone around the realm can enjoy without trying to bite off one another’s head…that and a mastermind plan to “borrow” Beth for a few days…

In order to get that off my mind I decided to go shopping for brunch and helped myself with some broccoli as it did no good in soothing my mind but did ease my hunger I went to the caravans to gamble. Gambling brings me silver, and silver makes me happy. Although that greed, only left me thirsty thus I was not satisfied with only earning 62 silver. Disappointed, I went back to the market and bought some fish and a bottle of whisky for dinner, feeling rather poor I went home and sharpened my axe with a whetstone and headed into the forest for some hard work as it would help clear my mind.
Tuesday September 17th 1653 the year of our Mage.
Zechin

The Vigil

Post by Zechin »

Zechin’s eyes fluttered open as beads of sweat trickled down the side of his forehead. “Bloody mages, what’s overcome me? I can’t seem to meditate in peace without memories of the Revolution haunting me…perhaps I am getting too old for this vigil sort of ordeal...”Panting heavily he makes an effort to stand after several attempts he finally was able to find his balance, making his way towards the water barrel, after he drank deeply from the water gourd he sighed in relief. “Vali should be here soon that he should…it’s time to get back to work.”

Drying himself off with a rag he summons for his steward, “Yongrui follow me, update me have we found a wet nurse yet?”

Shaking his head in response he suggests, “Perhaps we will have better luck tomorrow?” Growling in obvious dissatisfaction for Rui’s answer he retorts, “Hell, offer some silver, I don’t care how you find a wet nurse just get me one, and soon!”
Rui bows his head in acknowledgement, “Yes sir.”

Sighing heavily Zechin picks up his pace and presses on, “What about the feast? Do we have all the materials we set out for?” YongRui chuckles, “Now that is something you do not need to worry about all is running according to the plan.”
Zechin inclines his head slightly in satisfaction as they enter his room he begins to disrobe changing into rags and hones the longsword. Grinning wolfishly he begins to sharpen the blade and asks, “Rui remember to prepare a stretcher for me on the morrow, Grazi enjoys seeing heads roll now let’s hope it’s not mine. In the meantime continue on with the feast preparation we will announce it soon after the duel on the morrow regardless of the results. Now leave me in peace...I must prepare myself mentally.” With that Zechin returns to a deep meditative state, slowing his breathe down preparing for the crack of dawn.
YongRui

The End of a Vigil

Post by YongRui »

Records of Eve Before the Dance of Blades with Grazilda on the 9th of September
Nights like these were rare and often times taxing on the body, however the price of tradition is unquestionable. They say the Master’s vigil lasted all night, not once did the master break concentration nor left his chambers. Some argued meditation was a viable way of replacing the need for sleep but YongRui knew better. Zechin’s meditative sessions geared him to be on a level of high alert for as long as 72 hours however the moment danger seizes to exist he will be horribly deprived of nutrition, sleep, and energy.

Because this was such a rare occasion some questioned the reasoning behind Zechin’s motive for such a high stake duel. Everyone knew when the master lacked sleep it will elude him to be more weary and prone to sickness lowering his immune system as well as his connective abilities. Despite being a shade Zechin often practices meditation to give him the power to allow his mental awareness catch up to his physical capabilities. While the sorcerer’s experimentation improved his physical limitations it failed to improve his mental capacity, aside from the power to endure more pain than most mortals. Although that is beside the point, Silverdale had to prepare for the feast as ordered by Zechin, while preparing for either scenarios if he won or loss. That includes making stretchers preparing the fish in the case of a loss, for the deal to be sealed, as well as brewing tonics to speed the healing process.

The saying of it takes an entire village to raise a shade is fairly true because to be frank since the house of Silverdale worked just as long and hard throughout the evening, Rui didn’t have time to sleep for he worked till the crack of dawn in order to hasten the preparation for Zechin’s duel. While he was the only the one fighting it, the rest tolled behind him hoping for the best.
Tomorrows “dance of blades” as Zechin would call it, would be rough. Rui seen his opponent, the woman known as Grazilda, sister to Serene the woman may be short but never let misguide you no sir. She is a fearsome opponent the way she handles her axe with such savagery it could easily split a man into like a knife through butter. Hence is the reason why Rui was out and about under the moonlight to keep Master Zechin’s word. He spent a good part of the evening managing a contingent of fishermen setting out in groups of medium boats fishing for the biggest and best fishes, the inferior specimen were thrown back in the waterway spared of being a trophy for Zechin’s victor.

Later that evening, as the first bits of the sun crept up Zechin finally came out of hiding from his room breaking vigil however not yet fast, claiming he may just not be able to stomach it later, and it would hardly be proper for a man to empty the contents of his morning food in front of a lady regardless of how hard he has been hit.

Wearing naught but loincloth, and equipped with a long sword slung across his shoulders, Master Zechin bid good day to the household staff thanking us for our loyalty and work and set off to the arena, taking that as a queue the men and I followed with the stretcher taking care to leave the fish at home least it be an omen of the master’s assured loss. What we never understood was if the master is simply that quick or faltered. He had the first hit though that seemed to have only snapped Grazilda into a state of high alertness; she began to rain a series of unavoidable blows. One after another Zechin attempted to dodge them without success, yet somehow managing to stand back up, in the end he managed to nick her one last time before collapsing giving into defeat. For a moment it seemed as if he would stand back up however, it was all in vain for he only fainted back to the ground.

Rui sighed heavily and waved his hand signaling the others to help the master into the stretcher. As they helped Zechin into the stretcher and helped him to some water the first few words he uttered were to send the “gifts” over to Lady Grazilda’s shack. He motioned for Rui to come closer weakly with his hand, and mentioned a certain parchment shall be attached to the gift. Moments after relaying his directions he fell back unconscious.
Zechin

The Omen

Post by Zechin »

Dreamland is truly an odd realm to wander about in that it is. At times they greet you with nightmares others they bless you with desires or lustful imageries. However at other times they pass on omens some good some bad, but every so often they greet you with a hint of reality. Well Zechin found the dream of reality, he dreamt of a swimming adventure diving low and deep into the waters as he caught sight of a large sized fish the trout turned around approaching him but as he reached out for it he was slapped. As he wakes up he sighs heavily and nods to himself, “Aye this must be an omen… I may never be good enough for someone, but I'll be the best for those who deserve me. That I shall.”

Standing up he gazes on the floor bed and spies a trout that seemed awfully familiar but shrugs, “One of the household staff must have been careless.” Feeling exhausted he took the day off slowly, making arrangements for his gold armory to repaired and purchase what he was missing. Contacting blacksmiths to contract the making of an encrusted sword. Further into the day he found he could find a smile in himself as life wasn’t so bad, even if he had only recently been beat down it wasn’t too bad that it wasn’t.
Oreo

Re: [CRP]Silverdale Manor, Home to the Wanderers

Post by Oreo »

Oreo was busy dreaming of steaks when Grazilda woke her up. Despite the wrong timing, he quickly got up and listened. She said something about sniffing a parchment to identify the sender and he did so obediently. Interesting scent. He made sure to remember the peculiar sent of the sender. She tied another parchment around his neck and instructed him to bring the note to Zechin quickly.

He happily obliged.

He ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. He was small, white and round with a brown spot around his eyes. He can quickly sneek in every corner unnoticed. From time to time, he lifted his nose up high to catch the scent of this man called Zechin. He caught his scent and ran to the general direction of the Silverdale Manor.

At the entrance, the puppy barked out loud and wagged his tail. He was given instructions to give the note to Zechin and not to anyone else.

He waited patiently for Zechin.
Dear Zechi,

Why, the dance of blades was not a disappointment! You gave your best shot which was exactly as I requested. I look forward to another dance of blades with you. Hmm... I assume that you meant that we'll be in full armor the next time. I shall be waiting.

By the way, thank you for the package.

Before I forget. No more bets on our next duel date as long as you promise that you give your best. My promise would be the same, which is to spare your perfect jawline.

Sincerely,
Grazi
Zechin

The Messenger Mutt

Post by Zechin »

Posted For YongRui with YongRui's Permission

It was a rather tranquil morning since Rui’s return to Silverdale; enough so that he was finally able to catch up on some sleep lost due to the master’s duel. However all good things comes to an end, as serenity was never meant to last, about a quarter after middy Rui was roused by a great rucas at the front gates of Silverdale. It was as if all hell was unleashed, the ambiance of woodworks, and men hard at work in the fields and training grounds was interrupted by barking and howls of the sentries in anguish. As the incident did not seem to be resolved he got up grouchily to assess the situation but not before rolling another batch of finely grounded klah leaf, lighting it as he stomped out of his room.

As Rui reached the top of the gatehouse, two sentries stood at attention giving him a smart salute. “What is this chaos, degrading the living standards of Silverdale?” Rui demanded.

As the sentries simultaneously shrugged, Rui was just about ready to beat some sense to him when they quickly pointed towards a mutt growling at a handful of guardsmen attempting to retrieve a note. “That poop of a mutt is supposed to be some messenger of a sort however it doesn’t seem intelligent enough to handover the letter it has with him.” The sentry exclaimed.
Rui rewarded the sentry’s remark with smack to the back of his head, “You fool, this mutt you speak of Lady Grazilda’s faithful companion Oreo! She happens to be a dear friend of Zechin therefore you all should address him by his name with the utmost respect. If the dog will not pass the message onto you than it must not be for any eyes but our master’s himself. Now if you will be so wise to remove yourself from my presence to alert the master, I shall resolve this situation.”

Flushed in embarrassment the sentry ran off, while the other cowered as he and the others were well aware of Zechin’s state upon return of the arena and did not wish to become a mere statistic of lady Grazilda’s fearsome war axe. Sighing heavily Rui took his time walking down the gatehouse steps puffing long and deeply stopping by he picked up one of the garrisons infamous Grazilda Chicken leg’s along his way. Finally calm he recalled the guardsmen and offered Oreo a bone buying time for Zechin made his way towards them.
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

Oreo stood there and waited for the source of the scent to come forward. He raised his nose and caught a slight scent of Zechin. He was sure that he was in the right place. Some men came and tried to retrieve Grazilda's note for Zechin and Oreo stepped back, gave the men a warning growl and made sure that only Zechin will receive the note that he had.

The men left him to talk to someone else. He wondered if this was who he was looking for. He raised his nose and sniffed the air. This was not the one called Zechin. He stood and waited, for he won't let anyone else touch the note that he had.

Unlike Grazilda, Oreo had a lot of patience. Thus, he patiently waited for Zechin.
Zechin

The Gatehouse Affairs

Post by Zechin »

Zechin’s sleep was much disturbed breaking in and out of consciousness often times waking up feeling feverish although this was a normal situation that occurs after he exerts far more energy than his body has for reserve. This continued on for the most part of the night exhausted he was finally at peace as the first of the crows cawed. Though his rest did not last long as he was awoken by a dark figure shaking him violently, enraged he flung out of bed unsheathing a pair of sai’s he hid underneath his pillow threatening to gut his assailant. The man shrieked in fear quickly raising both hands showing he meant no harm and shouted, “Lady Grazilda has a message!” Realizing that the man was none other than one of his household staff Zechin let out a sigh of relief taking a step back he slumped up against the wall too exhausted to play bravado any longer.

Taking a few moments of silence Zechin recollects his consciousness than casts the sai off to the side and growled, “Well let’s have it than where is the message.”

Grimacing at the harshness of the words the man answered timidly, “Unfortunately, Lady Grazilda’s messenger is reluctant to handover the letter to anyone but you milord. It would seem as if you have to make a trip the gatehouse yourself.”

Zechin howls in amusement as he hears those words then eyes the man as he cowers against the wall, making ready to make an escape out the door if need be. Cracking his usual wolfish grin he makes his way to his wardrobe dressing quickly. “Well then we shouldn’t keep her ladyship waiting now should we, you run along now and notify the messenger that I will be right with him soon enough.”

The servant cleared his throat and responded, “Mi’lord this messenger we speak of…is a dog.”

Zechin raises a brow, “Is that so? Now isn’t this interesting, I haven’t seen much of Oreo that I haven’t this will be quite an experience that it will be, Oreo the first messenger mutt to be seen eh?” Chuckling at his own joke he dismisses the servant with a wave of his hand whom in turns bows low and runs off grateful to be away from Zechin’s flashes of unstable emotions. The man ran off muttering under his breathe about how irregular Zechin’s temper has been after losing the duel.

Stopping by the kitchen on the way out Zechin grabbed the thigh bone of a dear then swiftly scrawled out a letter to Grazi. Grinning stupidly as he made his way out to the gate house he waved to all those he passed by and greeted those whom gawked at him as if they’ve seen a ghost. “This must be record time of his recovery!” They murmured.

Zechin stops by Rui and chuckles, “You like them dogs eh?”

“Thank you for your service Rui, I can handle it from here now.” He said as he attached the letter to the bone and handed it to Oreo then scratches behind his ear, “Good boy, off you go now. Take care and be sure the letter is handed to Grazi prior to you feasting on the bone.”

Hullo Grazi dear,

I have someone attending to my armory needs as well as weaponry, thus our dance of blades would have to wait until than. However after the next dance I would like to propose a trip to hunt preys of the north, and as well as a hunt for dates. As you wish though no more bets hehe.

Hope all has been well for you, glad we have entered the exclusive market deals. Though I currently have about three dozen eggs still so I shall be sure to get some from you sometime that I shall as I run low.

Yours truly,
Zechi
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

Oreo's patience paid off since he soon saw the grinning Zechin. He barked happily when he caught the man's scent. "Wooof! Woof!" He wagged his tail and walked to him and showed him his neck where Grazilda tied the note.

He sensed something about Zechin which was something pleasant, as one might say. When he was given a thigh bone, he knew he was right. This one is a kind creature although there was something unusual about him. He barked happily his thanks, "Woof! and waited for him to secure the note around his neck. He wagged his tail and barked once more to bid him good-bye. Then he made his way home with a good snack and a message for Grazilda.
Zechin

The Hunt

Post by Zechin »

Zechin watched as Oreo padded off and chuckled, “Now that is one happy dog.”

“Do you know that from experience mi’lord?” a sentry joked from a safe distance away. Rui howled aloud, the other men joined in nervous laughter as they realized if Rui laughed it was probably a safe bet Zechin would not be enraged. In normal circumstances Zechin may have ran after the clown to silence him, however it would seem today he was in too good of a mood so he merely rolled his eyes and shouted,

“Everyone back to their stations, go now, move along there is nothing left to see here.” The men began to scatter returning to their stationed quarters, only Rui stayed taking one last puff he threw the remainder of his klah roll to the ground and smolder it with his feet.
Zechin looked back in disgust as he caught sight of Rui’s action, “You know I really wished you didn’t do that.”

“What goes up must come down, like wise what was born of the ground must return to it. Flames to ashes, ashes to dust, and all good things come to an end.” Rui responded simply as he went through the actions of rolling and relighting another one.

Zechin sighed heavily in resignation, “Must you always be such a downer, and to think you knew I was happy over something that I believe will not end.”

Rui shrugged nonchalantly, “I only echo what you taught me, anyhow so what’s next?”

“I must visit the Bravian Tavern that I must, who knows what may come about today. I must meet with someone today that I do.” Zechin replied.

Rui snickers, and Zechin snapped, “Not her, Rieron you poop face.”

The rest of the day went by with a breeze Grazilda challenged Zechin to seeing whom can hunt the most Zyrks and Yvyrms within a weeks’ time and after a few drinks Chris appeared handing Vali off into Zechin’s care. Whom was than stuck with Vali at least until a wet nurse is hired to nurse for the youngling, luckily as of recently the child seems to be more into sleep than play or crying. Though he has been fed, Zechin in turn passes the duty onto Rui when he is not home. Late into the evening Zechin went to the training grounds to practice his aim with his longbow, checking every arrow shaft to make sure it would shoot straight for the hunt on the morrow.