(ORP) An Elf in a New Town

Moderator: Community Team

Kiara

(ORP) An Elf in a New Town

Post by Kiara »

The storm was raging as Kiara rode through the endless forest. She'd been traveling for many nights and wanted nothing more than to reach her destination. She soon spotted a cave up ahead and made her way towards it. Kiara cast a quick spell to check to see if it was occupied and when she found that it wasn't she urged her horse into it. She climbed off the horse and removed her hood before setting up camp. Once she had her camp set up she walked back into the storm in hopes of finding some dry wood. After searching for nearly an hour she finally found some firewood that looked like it might burn. Kiara carried the firewood to the cave and muttered a spell to make a pit in the ground. She set up the firewood in the pit and muttered a spell to get a fire going. She smiled when she had a good fire going. Kiara sat down and pulled some elvin bread from her pack. She nibbled on it and suddenly found herself wondering who she'd meet in the new land that she was in. After making a meal of elvin bread she curled up on her bedroll and drifted off to sleep. The next morning she woke up to the sun streaming into the cave. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled as she sat up. Kiara rose to her feet and stretched before exiting the cave. She inhaled the morning air and sighed softly as she began exploring the forest around her. As the day wore on she secured enough food and water to last her a few nights. By the time she arrived back at her cave the sky had begun to darken. Kiara stored her food and water in the coolest part of the cave and cast a spell to keep it from being stolen. She then walked over to her horse and climbed onto the saddle. She urged the horse out of the cave and cast a spell to hid the entrance from the view of others before riding through the forest once again. After several minutes of riding she soon found herself at a dirt road. Kiara urged her horse onto the road and followed it until she reached a sign that said Welcome To Cork. She smiled and urged her horse forward as excitement bubbled within her. She soon found a tavern and climbed off her horse. Kiara secured her horse to the post in front of the tavern and stepped inside. As she was walking over to the bar a woman smiled and waved at her. She smiled back at the woman and sat down before ordering a teapot of boiling water. Kiara was waiting for the water when the woman spoke up.

"What is the boiling water for?"

Kiara smiled and looked over at the woman "I like making my own tea". She responded before pulling a pouch of herbal tea and a cup out of her bag. She opened the pouch and pulled out an even smaller pouch from it. Kiara placed the pouch in the cup and pours hot water into the cup.

"Oh, neat... I'm called Baby by the way."

Kiara smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm Kiara"

The woman known as Baby smiled and responded. "It's a pleasure to meet Kiara"

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well"

Baby then motioned toward a dark elf that she had been talking to. "This is Rieron. Sometimes he goes by Druchii as well."

The dark elf known as Rieron looked at baby as he was introduced to the lady "Either or is fine Wood Elf.."

He likes to call people by their races.

Kiara smiled and nodded towards the dark elf. "It's nice to meet you Druchii"

"Would either Kiara or Druchii like some mango juice?"

Kiara quickly shook her head at the mention of mango juice. "I'll stick to my tea" she responded before sipping her tea. She leaned back and listened to the conversation silently as Baby mentioned mango juice tea.

"I wonder what mango juice and tea would taste like together. I've heard lemonade and tea are good."

Kiara chuckled and shook her head as she remembered the one time she had drank mango juice and tea mixed together. "I tried it once...It didn't taste that great"

Baby ordered two mango juices then chuckled at Kiara's comment, "Guess Kiara probably wouldn't want to try mixing her tea with mango juice then."

Kiara shook her head "No I wouldn't"

Rieron laughed "I am good on that end...Just the juice is fine"

Baby took her mango juice as Idunno placed the two glasses down and nodded. "Well, I don't want to hazard a try myself either.. At least not tonight. Maybe another day when I'm feeling more adventurous."

Kiara smiled and sipped her tea as she listened to the conversation. The next thing she knew a dragon had entered the tavern. Is that really a dragon she thought as she looked at him.

"Hello" the dragon said before picking Kiara up off her seat.

Kiara sipped her tea which was still in her hand and looked over at Baby "What race are you...I don't think I've met anyone like you before"

"Who might you be"

Kiara sighed and looked at the dragon. "I'm Kiara"

"I am a Siren or Mermaid"

"any relation to kitiara?"

Kiara shook her head as she looked at the dragon. "I've never heard of anyone by that name"

"doubted so but you never know" the dragon responded before raising Kiara to eye level to get a good look at her.

"Um do you mind?" Kiara questioned not liking being held up in the air. After the dragon had placed her on a pillow she rose to her feet and sat down at the bar. She listened to the conversation and sipped her tea. She soon saw Rieron preforming a magic spell and saw that it was the most amazing thing she had ever seen. Kiara told him about how she could only control fire long enough to make a campfire in which he responded that it was because she got her power from natural magic and that his was mainly used for destruction. She nodded and nibbled on her elvin bread which she had pulled out of her bag. Kiara continued to listen to the conversation and even introduced herself to a new dragon that had entered the tavern who had introduced himself as clay. She also showed Baby a trick with water. As the night wore on she began to feel tired so she decided to leave. She finished her tea and paid the tavern wench for the water before exiting the tavern. Kiara climbed up onto her horse and made her way back to the cave which was to be her temporary home until she could build one of her own. She urged her horse inside and climbed off. She then gathered some food and lit the fire. After she had eaten she curled up by the fire and soon fell asleep.

All conversation was taken from the tavern rp
Last edited by Kiara on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiara

Re: An Elf in a New Town

Post by Kiara »

When the sun rose the next morning Kiara felt refreshed and ready for a day of training. She quickly changed into her training attire and walked out of the cave. She soon found an empty meadow and began training with her short sword. Although she was in a new land she still wanted to be ready should any troubles come her way. As the day wore on she alternated between training with her short sword and training with her bow. By noon she had beads of sweat falling from her forehead.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion was flying by when he saw an elf he had met just recently training with her weapons. She seemed quite expert at the bow and his was impressed. Of course it simply wouldn't do to let onto that fact. He descended from the clouds and landed a safe distance from her not wanting to be startling or to knock her over. Some creatures didn't have the best of balance when the earth shook for some reason.

Greetings Kiara. Such a lovely day, isn't it?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Kiara

Post by Kiara »

Kiara whirled around and chuckled when she saw the dragon sitting on the ground a few feet from her. "Yes it is a lovely day...What can I do for you" she questioned as she wiped her forehead with a cloth.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Why, its the other way around my dear. I have a cave warming present for you. Its called a sunstone. Whenever you have trouble seeing you can use it to make things bright as day.

Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Kiara

Post by Kiara »

Kiara took the sunstone and examined it before looking back up at the dragon."Thanks although I'm not planning on staying in a cave for the rest of my life....I'm just staying in the cave until I can find a more suitable home...But I'll make sure the sunstone gets used...Like you said I can't see in the dark all the time" she responded as she knelt down to put it into the bag that she always carried with her.