Let the Tournament Begin!!!

Moderator: Community Team

Hercie

Re: Let the Tournament Begin!!!

Post by Hercie »

Hercie was staying at the arena with Serene, both of them looking at the duels. Hercie couldn't stay in one place, both from worry for her upcoming duel and from excitement. Watching Ciphas fighting with Grendel she felt her heart just jumping around as the way Ciphas handled the duel was truly amazing.

"Ciphas is a merchant who travels a lot and has to be in good shape to stay safe on the roads. You can really see that his training pays off. I think we need to get more training going on in town? Want a cookie? Your duel with Katara is coming up soon!" Hercie heard Serene saying to her.

Hercie moved nervously and chuckled slightly "Yeah. The way he handles his weapon is truly hmmm... impressive and inspiring as well!" Taking a cookie from Serene and having a sip of lemonade she mumbled "But such training activities can only do good to people in town!" Reminded by Serene about her upcoming duel, Hercie nervously bit her lip but only nodded with a smile and mumbled "Hopefully I wont get too hurt hehe"

Hercie watched in amazement what was happening at the arena grounds and smiled hearing Serene say "Grendel is putting up a good show. 5 rounds! Maybe I didn't do so bad.... And Ciphas is the middle weight champion!"

"But Serene! You did great!" Hercie exclaimed and chuckled!
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene hugs Hercie happy to have company! "You will do great!" Serene reassures Hercie. "Thank you! This all is just so exciting!!!" Serene replies in an overly enthusiastic way to the comment that she did well. Then she looks around to see if someone will shush her and tell her to calm down.

"I need to write a note to let the town know that we have our first Champion!" While Serene is waiting for the next tournament to start, she sits down and scrawls out a letter. She munches cookies and a few crumbs fall on the letter she is writing.
Mayor’s letter March 8th
Hi!
It is me again. I have been having so much fun with this town duel! I hope you all are too! We had our first champion, Ciphas. Ciphas is a merchant who agreed to join our town dueling tournament. He travels a lot and has to be in good shape to stay safe on the roads. You can really see that his training pays off. I believe that a town is only as safe as its citizens are strong. As I have been told before remember to train every day. If you do not have a weapon, train your fists! Please congratulate Ciphas on his win in the Middleweight Champion of the Cork duel this month.
I received this letter from Ciphas and he gave me permission to share it with you.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tournament Fri Mar 07, 1654
8:22 am
You replied to this message View your Reply
I want to donate the reward to the TH for all your help and for the posts in the forum about the event they were very funny and I liked reading them.

If it is ok with you I will put on my profile - winner of the middle category tournament in the year 1654 - something like that :)

Best regards ,
Ciphas
Please come root for the other duelers! We still have two more champions to find!
http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewtopi ... 54#p125654

Oh I was thinking of starting another game! It is called Social Point Tag! Write to me if you are close to leveling and all you need are social points to level. Let me know how many points you need to level. I will put one name at the top of the mayor’s message and we will see if we can tag that person with social points from the whole town. The goal will be to level them in a week! Did you know that towns receive an award from the mages if someone in their town levels? Help me think of a prize. :) to this game we are creating. If I have two people who just need social points to level, we can have a race! Make sure you are doing everything you can to get social points!
Ways to get Social points:

1) Clean the Cathedral windows every day. Often a peasant will see you do it and give you a social point. I get about one a week that way. Remember to be nice to the peasants. We want a happy populace! (Town>Cathedral>Window icon. To stay light aligned if that is your weapons of choice, tend the flowers in the grave yard. Town>Graveyard>Tend Flowers)

2) Did you know that you can get social points and extra social points to give to others by Foraging around town? Well you can, sometimes people drop them and by foraging you can pick them up. I find one about every other week! (town > town forage> pick a spot!)

3) Playing our Social Point Tag game!

4) Sharing your Social Points with friends!

Well I think I have chattered enough… I hope to hear from you!
Serene stamps and gives the letter to one of the clerical staff that is always milling around her since she became mayor. "Please deliver this ASAP so we get more people to cheer on our duelers! Thank you!" Serene watches as the clerical clerk rushes off to do her bidding. So amazed that they even listen to her. Serene smiles broadly!
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder watched Hercie and Katara. If he was right, he already knew who would win, but he wanted to be sure. If Katara won, then he would have a real problem since he had really been over analysing Hercie, not her. Although what where the chances of that? It was clear that Katara was the superior dueller, but Hercie had far superior equipment, support from the house of Dalakoi. If he could get that away from her... no, a repeat of the same trick would not work here. She would cling to that axe like it was her life. After all, she only lost her greatest advantage from dropping it.

Alder was barely aware of a presence behind him, but wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first, then it clicked what that sort of stature meant.

"Hmm? Ah, Huggy. You seem to be watching all of these fights so far... I think Tana will win her next one, which means that I'll have to fight her right? Not really sure how I'm gonna go about that. She's probably the most experienced here... yet my last one was also pretty tough, a full on sorcerer like... Just don't ask how I managed that one. Seems like I'm something like fourth best here from what I've seen like. Tana's got loads of experience over me, Hercie's got the equipment teh bring down someone twice her skill, and I never 'eard of a weak sorcerer... want a cookie?"

Alder was also vaguely surprised that he had memorised their names, but if he had, he had. It was not like they were going to be any use to him in figuring out a way around them. Maybe he could beat Hercie if he trained really hard and threw everything he could into getting together some better equiment, but Tana was the real problem here. The best outcome would have been that Tana and Hercie faced it off first so he could get a better idea of what each could do. Well, he had the answer to whether that would happen right behind him.

"Say, huggy, who'm I up against next anyway? Winner of Tana and the other guy or Hercie? Or should I sit this one out and duel the winner of those two when their done like for the champion?"
Last edited by Silence on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene is mesmerized by the skill of those in the arena. "Huh? Oh yes that sounds right?! Serene replies to Alder. "Hercie is amazing and she has good equipment. Katara did fight well. You are good at this analyzing fights!" Serene tries to learn from this analysis. He is talking about things she never even considered before.
"Lets see how Mcaries and Tana's duel goes. I see they are preparing right over there. Ok?"
Serene

Post by Serene »

So that makes the list look like:" Serene sits working on updating the stats.

Category I. Light weight class
Pair #1: Katara vs Dresden => Katara winner in 4 rounds
Pair #2: Tana vs Mcaries
Pair #3: Danae vs Alder => Alder winner in 7 rounds

Pair #4: Hercie vs Katara => Hercie winner in 6 rounds

pair #5: Adler vs winner of pair #2
pair #6: Hercie vs winner of pair #5

Category II. Middle weight class
Pair #1: Serene Vs Ciphas => Ciphas winner in 5 rounds
Pair #2: Grendel vs Ciphas => Ciphas winner in 5 rounds

Middle weight class Champion CIPHAS!

Category III. Heavy weight class
Pair #1 : Scarlet vs Rieron => Rieron winner 7 Rounds
Pair #2 : Kane vs Logo
Pair #3 :Cassandra Vs Rieron => Cassandra winner in 7 rounds
Pair #4 : Cassandra vs ?

Serene looks up hoping someone will agree she did it right or correct her if she did it wrong. "Does that look right?"
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Yeah, I guess it looks ok like... do I really have teh fight Tana or the other guy next? Can't we just, yeh know, agree teh like disagree or something? I honestly don't think I can beat em... say, do either of em use a shield? Never mind, I'll find out myself."

The boy stalked off, not really sure how he was going to go about this, but the roots of a plan were starting to grow in his mind. Maybe, just maybe.
mcaries

Post by mcaries »

The 'other guy' is a girl.

*smiles*
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene smiles at Alder wondering what he was up to. He was fun to be around. He liked to play tricks. And he did the best voice impersonations. And he just said she did the schedule right. The only thing he got wrong was calling Mcaries a guy. She couldn't wait to tell him he got it wrong, when she heard Mcaires herself correct him.

Serene stands up and skips over to hug Mcaries and see if she wanted a cookie. "This tournament is so fun! I hope everyone has a good time! I posted the schedule."
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Say what now?"

He'd researched their equipment, their favoured weapon, their experience, everything he physically could and then... How could Alder, the one who was supposed to by now know everything, even their names, somehow manage to not notice that Macaries was a girl...

"Errm... oops? Errm, err..." *goes slightly red beneath the layer of dirt coating his skin* "Well... [censored]... Sorry, shouldn't ah... err... See it was because... err..." *walks off, unable to think of anything to explain that mistake*

Oh well, now he really had to beat them or he'd look like a real idiot. How had the cripple managed to beat Tana anyway? Actually, the answer to that was easy, Tana had come to the fight already exhausted. Even he could have beaten her in that state without any prior planning.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene watched Tana vs Mcaries in the lightweight duel. They both did a great job she thought. "Wow! Look at Mcaries go! You riled her up calling her a boy." Serene watches as Mcaries comes out victorious. 4 rounds! That was a quick fight!

Serene goes to make sure Tana is ok and to congratulate Mcaries.

Then it is time for the Heavyweight duel. "This should be a good show with lots of fireworks as they are both magic. Wow! look at the Psyonic Blast! Ah! a Blinding! Wow that one hurt my eyes!" Serene stops to rub her eyes. By the time she can see again the duel is over in 7 rounds! She looks to see who won. It looks like Kane is victorious and Logo is a bit pale. Though she thought that Kane must of healed himself a bit. He was looking hearty and hale.

Serene skips over to congratulate Kane and to make sure that Logo is ok.