Let the Tournament Begin!!!

Moderator: Community Team

Serene

Re: Let the Tournament Begin!!!

Post by Serene »

So that makes the list look like:" Serene sits working on updating the stats.

Category I. Light weight class
Pair #1: Katara vs Dresden => Katara winner in 4 rounds
Pair #2: Tana vs Mcaries => Mcaries winner in 4 rounds
Pair #3: Danae vs Alder => Alder winner in 7 rounds

Pair #4: Hercie vs Katara => Hercie winner in 6 rounds

pair #5: Adler vs Mcaries

pair #6: Hercie vs winner of pair #5

Category II. Middle weight class
Pair #1: Serene Vs Ciphas => Ciphas winner in 5 rounds
Pair #2: Grendel vs Ciphas => Ciphas winner in 5 rounds

Middle weight class Champion CIPHAS!

Category III. Heavy weight class
Pair #1 : Scarlet vs Rieron => Rieron winner 7 Rounds
Pair #2 : Kane vs Logo => Kane in 7 Rounds
Pair #3 :Cassandra Vs Rieron => Cassandra winner in 7 rounds

Pair #4 : Cassandra vs Kane

Serene writes up the new notice thinking this is very exciting! If only she was still dueling too!
Silence

Post by Silence »

Three days earlier: Alder vs Danae ((Just posting this because Alder only won since he tricked her, so rp came into it))

Alder began by watching his enemy closely. This was a sorcerer he was up against, not just somebody that he could rush and start trying to rain blows down on whilst throwing a shield or dagger into the way of her attacks. He had actually managed the first step reasonably well. He had convinced his opponent not to use a weapon.

Alder had done his research, and what his research had shown was that the person he was about to trade blows with was a sorcerer, but more importantly that she didn’t use a shield. (He might have had to have employed some of his old methods to find that out). Whilst that didn’t mean much to most people, to him it instantly screamed “This person will be at a disadvantage without a weapon to give them their attack power! They don’t have anything else to provide them with it!”

Considering that he was going to be badly beaten if he didn’t do something (that much was obvious, he had never heard of a sorcerer who couldn’t have beaten him), he had to figure something out, give himself some advantage. In the arena, he just had to figure out how to press that advantage.

This was a sorcerer, dangerous no matter what advantage he had managed to get, so he had started out quite carefully, trading blows until she blinded him. At that point, he realised what he had been doing wrong against a sorcerer. The longer this went on for, the longer she would have to blind him, stop him from properly defending himself. He had to end this before that happened, so, throwing caution to the wind, he charged the creature before him, raining down blows with his shield, and, wherever blood was drawn, moving in with the sai he had up his arm to make the cut worse before pushing it back into its holster, turning what should have been a glancing punch into a minor cut in an already wounded position with nothing more to show that he had a weapon than an almost invisible flick of his wrist. Considering his opponent was already bleeding, Alder doubted she would notice what he was doing... and he had checked with Serene to make sure there were no rules except whoever wins the duel wins.

Half blinded, Alder simply attacked ferociously, not bothering about his own safety, just aiming to beat his opponent before she could blind him anymore, already believing that he had lost. He was so surprised when the arena master yelled out that the duel was his that he almost hit himself with his shield in an effort not to hit the woman.

“Oh right... I won? Sure, I’ll take that... Win for Alder... write that down quick before she gets back up again.”

((Godmod permission given by Danae))
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene watches the battles fascinated. She hopes to learn some new techniques in dueling. This Heavyweight Championship is an impressive display of magic. She hopes her sister Cassandra will do well. She watches half blinded by all the magic going on.
When the dust settles, Kane is victorious! Kane is the heavyweight champion!
Serene goes over to make sure that Cassandra is ok and then she skips over to congratulate Kane on his victory.

The next battle is on! Serene goes over and watches Mcaries vs Alder. Only one more battle and the light weight championship will be decided. Alder is a tricky on Serene thinks. Somehow he addles Mcaries and wounds her. Serene worries that Mcaries looks so hurt. "Maybe I should not of encouraged her to duel..." Serene worries.
She skips over to make sure she is ok then she skips over to Adler to congratulate him.

So that makes the list look like:" Serene sits working on updating the stats.

Category I. Light weight class
Pair #1: Katara vs Dresden => Katara winner in 4 rounds
Pair #2: Tana vs Mcaries => Mcaries winner in 4 rounds
Pair #3: Danae vs Alder => Alder winner in 7 rounds

Pair #4: Hercie vs Katara => Hercie winner in 6 rounds

pair #5: Adler vs Mcaries => Adler winner in 5 rounds

pair #6: Hercie vs Adler

Category II. Middle weight class
Pair #1: Serene Vs Ciphas => Ciphas winner in 5 rounds
Pair #2: Grendel vs Ciphas => Ciphas winner in 5 rounds

Middle weight class Champion CIPHAS!

Category III. Heavy weight class
Pair #1 : Scarlet vs Rieron => Rieron winner 7 Rounds
Pair #2 : Kane vs Logo => Kane in 7 Rounds
Pair #3 :Cassandra Vs Rieron => Cassandra winner in 7 rounds

Pair #4 : Cassandra vs Kane => Kane winner in 5 rounds

Heavy weight class Champion KANE!

Serene writes up the new notice and then asks one of the clerical staff to give a letter to Kane asking him which prize he would like.
Serene

Post by Serene »

"Hmm one more duel and then I have to write out checks to pay the winners for the duels."
So a check for:
Katara for 20
Mcaries for 20
Alder for 40
Hercie for 20

And then the grand prize... But that depends on what they pick...

Middle Weight Ciphas donated his to the town hall. That was very kind of him. Serene smiles happily.

Heavy weight:
Rieron for 20
Cassandra for 20
Kane for 20 + the grand prize he picks.

So I will need 7 papers to write 7 checks!
Serene skips around like a wild child trying to find paper or someway to pass out the prizes!
Xis

Post by Xis »

A letter was left for you.
I write today with sad news,

My beloved Mcaries sustained great injuries from her latest duel with Adler. I will be moving home from Bravia to Cork so I may be able to assist my love with her daily tasks, as her previous ankle injury was aggravated and she has now sustained a new shoulder injury causing her much more added pain.

The fire in Mcaries heart knows no boundaries, but sadly her body does. Hopefully with my care she will be back on her feet again soon.

Congratulations to all her brave fellow duelist, I hope your injuries were not as severe.

Kind regards,
~Xis
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene had gone home from the tournament for a lunch break. She had realized her mistake in stealing people's names in order to play a game. She had written a letter asking for forgiveness for doing the dastardly deed of stealing names for her entertainment. And not just any names, the names that would get the most money from the mages if the game succeeded. "Why can't I ever behave? I do try..."

She returned to the tournament feeling sad. Not her usual happy carefree self. She hoped that people would be glad that she realized she did wrong and not punish her too severely. Well maybe she did deserve to be punished.

When she arrived she received a letter that was waiting for her. The ever helpful Clerical staff had handed her a letter when she arrived back at the arena.

Serene read the letter about her friend Mcaries and realized she had done yet another terrible thing. She had done everything backwards. She should of started out with the training before dueling. Serene sat down and cried. She had been selfish and just wanted to have fun instead of being responsible and doing the right thing.

Tears ran down her face as she waited for the next duel and hoped that Mcaries would be ok. Maybe just maybe a cookie could solve everything...

She is waiting for the last duel anyways so she writes a reply to the letter she received.
Dear Xis,
Thank you so much for helping Mcaries. I am sorry she got hurt. I should of worked on training more before promoting a dueling tournament. I did it backwards. You are supposed to train before you duel.
It seems I owe her and apology and you thanks for taking care of her. Please make sure she eats a cookie. I have some on the market and they are yummy and may help her to feel better.
thank you,
Serene
Silence

Post by Silence »

Well, that had gone well all things considered. Alder rolled his shoulders to dull the ache he had from them where he had had to take some of the almighty swings of Hercie's axe, but other than a jarred arm, he hadn't come off that badly from the fight. He hadn't stuck around long after the fight though. His plan had been to go straight back to Widu and help them sort out their problems there in any way he could. Still, he had to let huggy know that he wouldn't be picking up his prize for a while. He hadn't quite expected the reaction he was greeted with.

"Hey, huggy, what's up? Not asking about the sky, honest. Basically, why the sad face like? Ah, probably none of my business like, never mind... Err, I have teh leave quickly like so ah... I'll need teh pick up my prize later like... Ok?"
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene looks up at Alder. She pulls herself together and chooses another thought. "Hey congratulations! You wanted the long bow right? I will see if I can get that to you. Ok?" Serene smiles up at him and says "Thanks for coming to play with us! I will get your prize ribbon too!"

Serene gets up and goes to make sure Hercie is ok. She hopes she is stronger than Mcaries.

Serene heads to the tavern and sees Scarlet and Rieron. She apologizes and is surprised to learn that Scarlet is not terribly mad at her for stealing her name. This is a huge relief! And she hears from Grendel that he is not upset either. He just wants to know what happened! Evidently stealing peoples name is not a horrible thing.

Serene sits and ponders this new information that stealing doesn't always upset people.

After a few minutes, Serene gets up and skips off to find Scarlet so she can give out ribbons. One of the clerical staff informs her that the champion Kane wants to donate his prize to town hall. "I hope he will like his ribbon."

"Scarlet! Scarlet! Scarlet! " Serene calls as she skips wildly through town looking for her.
"Kane is donating his prize back to the town!!"
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene writes a letter to all the people who won prizes in the duel. The letter says:
We have a shortage of paper for checks. Can you please buy a gold piece off of the market, then resell it back to town hall only at a price that is the cost of the gold + the prize? You won 20f!
I hope you are feeling better! I got cookies for you on the market. They are at the lowest price allowed!
Hugs
Serene
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene is running around like a wild child looking for Scarlet when she stumbles upon the ribbon's Scarlet made for her earlier for the tournament. "Scarlet!!! I found the ribbons! I didn't lose them after all!" Serene is quite pleased with herself.

She sets the beautifully crafted ribbons Scarlet made on a table to pass out to the champions.

This one would be for Alder,

This one would be for Ciphas,

This one would be for Kane!

Serene admires the longest duel ribbon. She wonders what to do with it as there was more than one...