Peasants Requests

Moderator: Community Team

Zachrin

Peasants Requests

Post by Zachrin »

A group of peasant arrive at town hall hot, sweating, and wielding wheat forks. They seem very upset about the heat and the stillness of the air. They seem to call out for action.

"Mayor, we need money to deal with this crisis. How much will you give us to help us or shall we be ignored?"

[OOC: This is an RP event for mayors and others to interact with. Mayors will have until March 31st end of day before reset to give an answer. The money will be taken from town hall and the response of the peasants posted here and in the TH event log]
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Serene

Re: Peasants Requests

Post by Serene »

Serene skipped over to see what the peasants were up to.
"Money makes it rain?". Serene wonders at this new magic they are talking about.
"I wonder if it will work? Maybe I can cool down the weather and find out I am really magic after all?"
Serene takes several handfuls of silver coins and throws them in the air to see if magic will occur or if the coins will just fall to the ground to be foraged later.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

The peasants murmur seeing the money fall to the ground. Several run towards the place where the money was dropped. Several voices were heard:

"They have so much money they can just throw it around! Grab it while you can!"

"She doesn't even appreciate the money at all."

"She has no magic and she refuses to get us what we need. What relief will their be?"
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene skips around the peasants watching them.
"Well that didn't work." Serene says disappointed.
The peasants seem to be buying up drinks left and right. The markets and the tavern are being raided. Do they know something you do not?
Serene sees a peasant that worked her farm the other day. Serene had paid him well. He had been happy and even given her a worker point. She goes over to him. "Thank you for working my farm the other day. It is hot. What do you think we should do? I heard some whispers about snow. Do you know what magic creates snow?" Serene listens to his reply.

"Do you think some fried chicken legs might help your friends feel better? I have some that I fried up the other day. I think they are quite good. I don't have any tavern drinks, but it seems the tavern has a lot. I do have some milk I could share."

Serene looks around trying to estimate how many peasants are present.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

The peasant she was talking to replied:

"You welcome. I think that they (and I) just want money to buy things to help us. If money can't be given, then milk and food might work to help us feel better. Maybe you can say how many the Town will give and you can donate to the town so it has it?"
Serene

Post by Serene »

"Okay, help me count how many are here please. Yes if I have enough I will donate to town hall milk and legs for everyone that is hungry and thirsty. Maybe in return the peasants might help pick up wood in the forest? We really need more wood. Do you think they might be willing?" Serene talks quietly as she doesn't know if she will have enough for this crowd.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

The peasant replies:

"It's so hard to count as they keep moving, but I think if you offer what you can it would make an impact. Those who get some milk or food would probably be willing to do more for you. I can't promise what they'll do though. I know you are kind and I can speak good words for you, but giving them nothing would be a mistake."

The mob seems to grumble and beg passing by people for money, drinks, and food.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene scurries around and sets up a table near the cool forest.
The table has thirty plates and glasses on it.
In a warming tray are thirty legs and there is a pitcher of milk with some rare ice in it enough for thirty glasses of milk. There are some tongs for placing legs on plates.

Serene writes up a sign and places it leaning on the table. Milk and chicken legs for the peasants.
Wood requested in exchange. It can be later after the hot weather cools off. Come Enjoy and relax in the shade of the cool forest.

Serene calls out, "Come cool off under the trees. Relax dip your feet in the cool forest stream and have a drink and something to eat."

Serene serves those who come line up for food or drink.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Some of the peasants seem comforted by her words.
Kane

Post by Kane »

Kane counts the number of peasants gathered together and does some fairly complex math. He then instructs his steward to donate 105f to the town hall to give out to the peasants.

"Please head over to the Town Hall and collect your money. 3 Freznics per person. No fighting. Also, don't expect this sort of hand out too often... There are plenty of jobs available for you both in town and in the forest."