[IRP] Redcroft Manor

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Thea

Re: [IRP] Redcroft Manor

Post by Thea »

"Favorite number?"

Thea smirked and shook her head.

"If you say so. The twenty-fourth is fine. Better to do it now than later."

The hourglass had been placed on the table they did not have a lot of time to spare. Thea could not help but think back to her previous rushed wedding. Would things be different this time? Aileigh seemed more... durable. Hopefully, both women would make it more than a week into the marriage before dying. Preferably no one will be dying for many years.

"Redcroft is nice."

Thea said as if she had not considered this. She had never really thought about it. It was an improvement to the palace and that was all she really cared about. The next question took her by surprise. The Winterbourne's gray eyes widened and she swallowed hard before attempting to answer.

"Yes. I mean, no. I mean... only if you want to. It would be better for Zevander."

Personally, Thea was not sure how she felt about the idea. It was an awkward situation. They would be married but they hardly knew each other. There was no expectation for anything more than a platonic relationship between the two future wives. The one thing that Thea did know was that Aileigh needed to be around her son if she was going to help with him.
Dorathea "Thea" Sanchari Winterbourne | Lady of Redcroft Manor | Cousin & Ward of King Zuan | Mother of Zevander | Wife of Aileigh
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

Thea seemed conflicted following the question of housing. She hoped it would not put her off, but equally she wanted to do what was most comfortable for all of them. The three of them… No, four of them. She was about to have a whole family of her own. In that moment, it really dawned on her the changes her life was about to take. Feelings about the situation seemed to be coming in waves, broken up with planning and questions.

“I do not mean to be forward, but… If you are going to claim my child as yours, then it seems fair: I would like to legally adopt Zevander as my own too. Regardless of what the future holds, I can always be there for him. I know from experience - it’s nice having two moms.” Perhaps a formal adoption was already implied with their vows, but she wanted Thea to know that if they were doing this, she was fully in. For both herself, Thea, and the infant.

Aileigh looked up to the sky for a moment.

“What’s our story? If I am having your child, there’s gonna have to be a story.” She glanced over to her counterpart. For a brief moment, she felt a sense of peace. The dark path she had seen before her seemed more distant. She fully believed she was doing the best thing for herself, but now she thought maybe she was doing the best thing for all three four of them.
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Rajkumari of BDR | Lady of Wisp Marsh
Wife to Thea | Mother of Zevander
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
| Niece to Morjiana & Mallory | Granddaughter to Nisha
Thea

Post by Thea »

"I have no objections to you formally adopting him. What is mine is yours. Is that not what they say about marriage? I am not sure that applies to a child. But, yes we will make it official after the wedding."

There was some reassurance with these words. If this marriage ever ended, Zevander would not be punished for his mother's failings. If the marriage was not successful, Thea would surely be to blame. In addition to not being naturally maternal, she was probably not well suited for being a wife. Then again, Aileigh was well aware of her many flaws. Maybe she would not run when things became difficult.

It sounded very odd to hear Aileigh say she was having her child. An obvious physiological incompatibility that would be solved with magic. Or, more accurately, they would pretend to solve it with magic.

"A story? Married people usually have children, why do we need a story?"
Dorathea "Thea" Sanchari Winterbourne | Lady of Redcroft Manor | Cousin & Ward of King Zuan | Mother of Zevander | Wife of Aileigh
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

She was happy Thea agreed to the adoption. It only seemed fair, if Thea would be claiming the child of Zhou as her own. But, the feeling mostly came from the desire to give Zevander a chance to have an affectionate mother. She did not understand the relationship fully between Thea and her son, but Thea acknowledged he could use someone like Aileigh. She had yet to spend any time with the boy, but already felt dedicated to his wellbeing. Thankfully, she was very experienced with babes and toddlers, given how many young siblings she had.

She thought deeply on Thea's returned question before speaking her thoughts aloud. "I suppose it really is none of anyone's business, but.. The suddenness of our marriage and then the sudden decision to have a child so quickly. Well, it's not like we can 'accidentally' have a child with each other like the standard couple. There has to be intention. My family and I are close..."

It really begin to sink in the lies she would be telling, not just to the public, but to the people she loved. She had never lied to them before, not like this. Keeping secrets was different than lies. Aileigh gave a shrug.

"I want to be a mother and they know that. So, it'll do."
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Rajkumari of BDR | Lady of Wisp Marsh
Wife to Thea | Mother of Zevander
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
| Niece to Morjiana & Mallory | Granddaughter to Nisha