A Challenge to the King

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Aingeal

Re: A Challenge to the King

Post by Aingeal »

To begin with, the Rite of Succession began under King LVI's reign, and has been in place until today. The laws of Fenia are what they are, and as subjects of the King we are bound by them. Even those on the King's council should be held to a higher regard than us at the lower levels. It pains me to see that the King's own sister has been attacking our King, and if I wasn't with child I would show her just how such people were dealt with... family or no.

The King I feel has shown great mercy at not charging his sister with a crime, as I know others have been charged easily with such in the past. This is the way Fenia has existed since it's rebirth, and it's they way it should continue.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron had decide to take a stroll through Fenia Inn Square now that he was no longer an outlaw and just the regular ol' menace to their society when the situation called for it. He listened to all those talking holding back a chuckle or two for the time being.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Nocturne was content enough to sit by, but when laws breaching was brought up, he thought that if one had to take the medicine, all should equally, after all. His own rant about such had made clear his thoughts on dodging duties before. However, to cite such a thing against your own sister who you've repeated pushed to train harder and fight more was a bit amusing to say the least. He nodded to Aingeal's words, "Except that the king has asked her to train harder and fight more, perhaps she was following orders to be able to beat him in a duel as he previously demanded of her. That's not my knowledge, but it seems a likely scenario. I've certainly smacked a brother about before as has he done to me, and neither of us held a grudge." He smiled slightly and Aingeal and nodded to Rieron's presence without seeming fazed, looking back to the main discussion with vivid crimson eyes.

The former prosectuor sighed softly, "Alright..." he said, his voice cooly collected as was his usual stance, despite the maddening noises that screamed inside the nether beast's mind, "then if all are subject to these laws of the kingdom, including the monarch, let there be indeed accountability to be had. For I, like you, had not brought forth things, because I hadn't wanted to, and still do not wish to, against the King of Fenia. However, if Ambra's 'must' be stated, then so shall it be with yours, King Zuan of Fenia."
Laws of Nobility:
All Nobles holding lands within Fenia are expected to follow the wishes and commands of the Monarch. Only the King may appoint Nobility in Fenia. Anyone claiming to be of Noble Fenian heritage may contact the King with their credentials which will then be given due consideration. Any noble with unclaimed regions inside his own land is also able to recommend potential new nobles to the Monarch. Nobles who reside inside the lands of a higher ranking Noble are considered vassals and are also expected to show fealty to the higher ranked Noble. Likewise higher ranking Nobles are expected to protect and support their vassals in times of crisis. In the event of a dispute between a Vassal and his Lord, the Monarch will step in to handle the situation.

Any form of disrespect towards the King of Fenia, or any member of the Fenian Nobility will not be tolerated, disputes between nobles will be handed personally by the Monarch. The Nobility should be addressed by their proper titles of Lord and Lady, or whatever is appropriate to their title, at formal events and other appropriate occasions. Also the Nobility while deserving respect must also hold themselves with bearing fitting of their position and should always behave in a way that will not disgrace themselves or the Realm of Fenia. Furthermore regardless of their rank, all Nobles are granted a seat in the Royal Council chamber where their political views, thoughts, criticisms and opinions can be expressed amongst the other Nobles and Monarch of Fenia.
As such, no forms of disrespect of the nobles will be tolerated, yet in multiple instances, the Orc General has been blamed, or Her Grace Morghain taken the fall verbally for actions of Your Majesty. Here even I, despite having been a loyal servant of Fenia for all my time here, was accused of treason for which there was no apology given - not that it would have meaning at this point anyway, even while I was still a member of the Privy Council and serving as IAM of this beautiful country. Thus, the charges would be for multiple violations thus of the Law of Nobility over the course of this term as Monarch alone.
Denial of Service Laws:
Any creature given a grant by the Realm of Fenia or any of the towns or cities within Fenia must abide by the terms of the grant’s contract. The agreed upon date and rules of return must be adhered to. Abuse of grants will not be tolerated.

Any creature who holds an office within the Realm of Fenia must act in the best interests of the Kingdom, this includes, but is not necessary limited to, upkeep of office, assuring the markets remain open and following the necessary requests of the Monarch. Any creature who holds the office of mayor and fails to use the VR market to provide trade goods such as wood may also be prosecuted under this law.
"It was noted multiple times during my tenures as our Internal Affairs Minister that the king repeatedly failed to even check into his office within two day periods at a time. This caused our corruption to rise and our clerical staff to be upset, placing our treasury at risk. There was a long pause in assigning a new mayor of Imperius, and lack of communication with the rest of the council, which thus caused long delays in the situation of Aingeal taking over, leaving the prime wood-producing town in our nation without stable leadership for many days. Of course, this blame was placed on our legendary general Mazork despite his prior deeds to the kingdom, rather than nobly shouldering the blame as a ruler. However, even if that one wasn't noted, there are multiple charges of Denial of Service present in this term of the Monarch. Which would then take us to..."
Laws of Treason:
The actions of any creature which causes harm or attempts to cause harm to Fenia, to any City or Town within Fenia, to the Realm or to any of the Royal holdings, or acting in support of a outlawed individual will not be tolerated - no matter where the crime or attempted crime is committed.
"And blocking the RoS from legitimate candidates to even have a shot at running, given the very double standard shown, would be a count of this as well, if we're keeping tally."
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

I do believe this is getting more amusing by the moment. Quite frankly it worries me that now several Bravian citizens are here rather than discussing matters in their own republic. Nocturne as ever your words are mildly amusing, as they are without fact. Let me be blunt, no I did not give permission to be attacked in the streets, if I had do you think I would have bothered with my last statement? The law is simple. Arena duels are legal. Street brawls are not. You're a former prosecutor but you seem to forget that specific line in the law which specifies the difference. The difference between legitimate and honourable fighters to those who would wait in the dark of night in the streets to strike.

As for what you claim about me, if I am not allowed to criticise my council then by that logic no one should be able to critique anyone without being hung from the gallows no? What is the point of the Royal Court if nobles cannot speak their mind, and if citizens cannot critique the nobility and vise versa. Are you honestly suggesting that I or anybody else should not be allowed to speak freely, because if you are then again you highlight your lack of Fenian qualities. The freedom is such that I am welcome to be insulted, questioned and berated. Likewise I will question, berate and expect Fenians to be loyal and when situations arise bring them to account. When people do not act on requests then yes I will state that, and likewise I hope when I fail to meet standards that it can be brought to my attention, in many ways I think this whole discussion represents that fact. Unless you want it stripped away from peoples rights that all word be punishable? If you think holding people to account, or questioning their loyalties is a 'disgrace' to that individual, then we are all to be disgraces and wallow in pity and grime hence forth.

Your next request about my tenure is interesting, primarily because like the above case it would mean just about arresting and putting to court every single member of the council who ever once misses a check. Firstly, as you rightly know. I do not answer to the mages nor their pointless clerics. I answer to the Kingdom. What you are claiming now if not an outright lie, is breach of the laws that matters of the Privy council are being brought outside of the chamber. Since I state it is a lie, there is no need to prosecute you for it Nocturne. However I shall play your game for a moment longer. Ignoring both that fact, and the notion that the entire council at one point or another would be in court. Corruption never significantly rose, nor have we few points enough to clear corruption and so our treasury was never threatened as you suggest. As for the Imperius situation, as I stated in the Privy, I responded on the same day a candidate agreed to take over, even before then as Mazork testified to you in the council, i spoke to him about setting up the revolt once a candidate was found. Mazork even stated I had done as such, and whilst I do agree a candidate might have been found quicker, if you think all blame rests on me then you are slightly ignorant. Mazork is an ally and a personal friend, and to suggest I threw all the blame on him was incorrect, I simply stated I had informed him and there had yet to be re-revolt to take over.

As for your last claim, denying a candidate is the law of the Monarch as the law states, and is the monarchs right to do so. I am wondering exactly what you mean by denying 'legitimate' candidates?

All in all Nocturne your words do not surprise me nor your attitude, it seems you have left only to want to stick your head back into things which you left behind. You constantly take your head out of the debate only to place it back in when you think you can get a few well placed kicks to the shins. It is not that impressive I must say. I believe I have given a rebuttal to all your claims however out of respect for your past work for Fenia, please however, do not expect me to continue to do so if your points continue to be this vague and broad.

Last of all I have to state simply that you continue to discuss politics, and know little of war and economics. Economically in my time as Monarch I have more than doubled the size of the treasury thanks in no small part to the council, the mayors and the Fenian citizens and traders, we have worked as a team to make Fenia a wealthier nation. Likewise in terms of War I have defended Fenia against him He Points at Balerion Him He points at Rieron and her He points at Aingeal. Ofcourse I did not do this alone, but the point stands that I have stood as a defender for this nation long before you stood on this plain. I have protected it against foe after foe both as citizen and Monarch, I have seen this very Kingdom when I took it into the palm of my hand be nothing more than one town after the collapse of the Fenian Kingdom under Scarlette and with the hard-work and effort of my mate Morg, with my close ally and general Mazork, those in my council over the past several years and even now the work of the citizens and nobility that normally goes uncredited. I have never stated I did this alone. I never will. You can talk about Rites. You can talk about elections. You can talk about anything you want, but when push came to shove, when this land was burning to ash, I took it into my palm and enabled the phoenix to rise from the ashes. Fenia is once again the phoenix it once was, and I will not sit by and watch disgruntled Bravians try and prod their noses into Fenia.
Since your no longer in our lands I doubt you know, but the moment I was informed last night of a revolt in Imperius, I left my daily activities and returned to Imperius with an army. I could have claimed it was 'too late' and got on with making profit or reading a book, but no. I put my kingdom first. Understand that. And then accept it. As I said, if you dislike my rule, other lands will welcome your service and no doubt pay you, like they did Nocturne to go, I do not mind in the slightest. Fenia needs loyal citizens and hard-working individuals not profiteering politicians or rumour mungering messengers.
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron actually chuckled this time hearing Zuan. He wasn't originally planning to make a comment but after being mentioned as a bravian and noising around he just had to, "If you don't want Bravians or namely me since the Fenian Shadow is still just moved to Bravia.. Then perhaps you should keep your nose in Fenia solely and forget what I do or don't do in lands not of your domain.." Stares at Zuan thinking he knows fully well what he means. He offered a small but very calculated smile before motioning to continue, "Please act as if I am not here" he said with a hint of dry humor.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Aida

Post by Aida »

It's so nice that we attract so many different kinds of creatures here to Fenia Inn. *serves tea*
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

First off in my opinion is there us one person that is above the law. While his council advises, it is the King who makes the laws, and the king can also apply them as he wishes.

Nocturne, you no longer reside in fenia, so your opinion means naught. If you had wished to make accusations you might have done so when you were a resident. Balerion, I know not what your reason is, but you've been Fenian long enough to know how things are here. And Rieron, I have no use for you since you attack innocent women and steal all they have.

I find no fault in the reign of King Zuan, and all I see are petty arguemnts now.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron wonders why the dead keep trying to talk to him especially ones who robbed towns, and even went as far as robbing an entire nation. Innocent dead? High unlikely. He kept listening to the others as he waited for supper to get cooked taking small glances up in the sky to check the time. 'Mmm I wonder what they cooked..' he thought to himself.
balerion

Post by balerion »

When I sided with Fenia over Widu because the castle was attacked you publicly stated all past crimes were forgiven. When Michael rebelled I convinced him to disband his army in Imperius, furthermore I traveled to Fenia City and spent time guarding the castle. What excuse do you make for my ineligibility?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Katie

Post by Katie »

Noting the gathering in Fenia Inn, Katie detours over to the crowd to see if there's a fencing match or a brawl? Instead of anything exciting happening, she listens to everyone while sampling some good tea.
banner by Aida j'Otun