A Hunt

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Texas_Knight

Re: A Hunt

Post by Texas_Knight »

Upon investigating more TK finds this is a witches hut and looks around a bit before the witch sees him. Looking up he smiles "Hello there witch. Hope I am not disturbing your quietness. I'm hunting game and am in unfamiliar woods. Would you be willing to share a spot close by that has plentiful game?" TK waits for a response and looks around admiring the area.

((not moving until I see where this leads))
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
balerion

Post by balerion »

My eyesight isn't what it used to be so I don't quite know what lives where anymore. You seem a nice enough sort though so I will do what I can to help. Right outside this hut there is a hollow oak tree, reach inside it as you leave and you will find a stunning potion.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK thanks the witch and leaves her some meat. As he nears the tree he reaches in and pulls out a potion. He puts it in his bag and looks to the next spot of land to hunt.

((52))
Aida

Post by Aida »

Sighing at her so far failue, she moves on through the land, following the stream. It was very beautiful here, though, so she supposed that even if nothing was caught, she would have had a pleasant time out here enjoying the atmosphere. Spotting the sun glinted off something in the near distance she approached, her heart racing. Was this some kind of rare and strange treasure, just left lying around? She was disappointed though, it was merely the water splashing off the rocks. Stopping to walk along the rocks for a while, she makes her way down the stream, enjoying the sound of the bubbling stream.

((39))
balerion

Post by balerion »

Thought I already did this, oops...

Alder: You hear something in front of you.

Aida: You hear something in front of you.

Texas: You see some sort of large cat prints leading east.
Shaker of Castles
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

Seeing a large cat prints make TK change form and move more stealthily through the woods. He hopes it's a huge cat that will give him a challenge and make a good fur and alot of meat for cooking. ((53))
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder stopped moving, no longer pushing his way through the undergrowth. Ok, something ahead, moving, in his direction... judging from their gait, they were two legged, about as tall as a human, and... Alder could swear they were getting closer, and so he disappeared into one of the bushes to the side of the rough path he had been following, scattering three handfuls of beetles behind him as he did so.

Bipedal creatures might not be game, but might be a problem. He'd been making enough noise that this one had probably heard him... damn, he needed to think of something or he'd have aroused suspicion already... something that would convince them that there was nothing here.

One of his beetles gave him a report and he couldn't help but grin. Apparently his fears were for nothing, one of his beetles had just seen a woman with black hair and a figure that he knew quite well... carrying a rabit.

Hmm, so Aida had found a rabit eh? Would it be worth his while trying to steal it? Hmm, why not? The worst that could happen was that she'd notice him and he'd have to turn and run if she got annoyed. At best, he'd have netted himself something else to show off to the dragon.

Alternatively, he could make a false trail and... no, not enough time. He simply scooped up a pebble from next to him, a plan already forming in his mind.

Alder stepped out of the bushes as he was fairly sure Aida was about to come into his line of sight. "Hey, Potato girl! How's it been goin for you then?"

He stepped forwards, waving and apparently having nothing on him in the way of game.

"I got a deer, but I ain't really been able teh take it with me, so I just left it back there."

He moved forward to shake hands with her, take her attention and in such a way be able to control where she was focusing. If he could do that, his nimble fingers could take the rabbit and replace it the pebble which he artificially increased the weight of as he spoke. By the time she knew it was gone, they'd hopefully have parted ways... of course, she'd then be well within her rights to go and take the deer that he'd left behind him, only he hadn't left it, he'd put it in his pocket dimension.

((Won't be moving on until I see how this plays out))
Aida

Post by Aida »

"Alder!" He startled her, to be sure, and she nearly tripped against the root of an old oak tree on her approach. Holding out her hand to steady herself, she glanced around the area, taking her surroundings in. No doubt Alder had his beetles to survey the scene, but she only had her eyes and so took a moment rub her ankle and look around. She was sure she had heard splashing, yet Alder did not appear to be wet, as though he ever was.

"Did you hear anything around here? I was sure... never mind. Had much luck, have you? Nice day for it, although myself I haven't seen much." She sighed and patted the quiver on her back, "Haven't had much of a chance to use these yet. Should have brought my net for birds, plenty of those around."

She approached as he did, and smiled, although a little confused as to why he should take her hands. "Are you quite alright?"
(00:02:52) Idunno: Aida rolls 1d6 and gets 6. 8-)
Snatching her hands away rather quickly as she noticed a slight shift in weight at her waist, she frowned, the penny dropping. "Are you trying to pickpocket me?! Of a whole rabbit?!"

She gave him an appalled look and unhooked the dead animal from her belt, holding it out to him. Old habits did die hard after all it seemed, especially with street kids. "If you wanted it, you need only ask... I had thought we would share our catch as feast after the hunt, no? And I'm sure TK will have had more luck than us, up to now."
balerion

Post by balerion »

Aida & Alder can go ahead and resolve.
Shaker of Castles
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder snatched his hand away and took a step back as if offended.

"Pickpocket? No of course I wouldn't... ok, maybe I was... don't take it personally, but I wanna win this if I can. I kinda accepted a open duel offer from TK a while ago and now it's kinda become a thing that I measure myself against him... generally I'm better in cities and towns like and he's better in this kinda place, but it doesn't always work like that. You should try and win too, and personally I've never much cared about bein dishonest, so yeah, I was tryin teh pickpocket yeh, but this whole thing is just for fun for me, and so long as I don't hurt the others, I am gonna try as best I can teh win... I don't know how much TK has, and neither do you, but there's no bloody way that yer gonna convince me that it's a forgone conclusion or whatever... everythin which we catch here is probably gonna be cooked for a feast at the end anyway, so the only thing that matters is who turns in the most and that everybody's ok at the end, right?"

"Anyway, rather than just sittin here and talkin, I'm gonna go and try teh find somethin else. After all, I still gotta beat TK somehow."

With that, Alder turned and ran off to the south. Only once he was 87.6% certain that he was out of view of Aida did he slow down and start moving quietly again. After all, didn't want to scare anything off.

((52))