The "closed" mine

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Jandar

The "closed" mine

Post by Jandar »

Just a short announcement in case anyone noticed or was wondering:

Mine 17 - the Gold mine that is located Southwest of Fenia City and Northeast of Diamus, that is normally closed had some very minor damage from a bear that decided to make it into a den, so I sent a crew there to re-open the mine for a couple days and had them chase off the pests while repairing the damage to bring it back up to 100% health for the first time in a couple months. I had the crew return home and closed the mine today, so it will remained closed again for an undetermined amount of time.
Last edited by Jandar on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casper

Re: The "closed" gold mine

Post by Casper »

ooh so that explains why there is an open gold mine outside rome?
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

The Rome gold mine is just as productive as the much higher level Gold mine by Fenia City and the peasants there tend to normally (but not always) fill it up with workers. So rather than pay extra costs for maintenance I've chose to let that mine stay open and supply our gold needs yes. So far its seems the better choice. I do open the Fenia mine from time to time to do repairs when it gets damage below a certain amount just in case we need that mine in the future.

By the way if anyone in Fenia has had any issues with large pests in their refuse piles leaving large tracks like this:

I recommend they do NOT try tracking the beast down alone but use dogs and a large group ....... otherwise we might have a new widow or two. :o
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Hello. How are you?

Just out of curiosity, why aren't the both gold mines open all the time as opposed to a choice between the one or the other, where Rome is the better choice between the two? Is the maintenance costs higher than the gold yields in the Fenia mine? If not, one can never really have 'too much gold', can we? Why not bring in gold from both Rome and Fenia?

((?If the mining levels are unequal but the production outputs ARE equal, this may be a bug and the Fenia mine should be producing more than it actually is?)).

Thank you for your time and please have a very pleasant day.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

Mine 17 - The Mine Supervisor used 46 stone, 69 iron, and 6 wood to maintain the mine
The Mine supervisor reports the mine produced 251 Gold
Mine #17 (Type: Gold) had 17 Miners:

Mine 10 - The Mine Supervisor used 18 stone, 27 iron, and 3 wood to maintain the mine
The Mine supervisor reports the mine produced 126 Gold
Mine #10 (Type: Gold) had 9 Miners

While Mine 10 has lower total production the amount per miner is almost as good, and the maintenance cost is much lower in stone and iron produced. If we need more gold in a hurry of course I can open both mines. My biggest concern is the fact that if both mines in Fenia are open at the same time is that it might hurt the amount of peasants hired to work the fields. Haven't proved that is an issue but to answer your other statement about whether we can have too much of anything I think past events tells us the answer to that it YES. (holds up some of his useless "popped" corn his chickens will not eat now).
balerion

Post by balerion »

As far as ores go gold is worth a lot less than stone or iron anyway.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

That is another reason the gold mines probably have little need at this time to have both open.
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

By the way the weather is getting nasty this time of year. I highly recommend chopping wood around Imperious to stay warmer!

Mine 11 Dec 24, 1655 3:00 am The blizzard weather conditions resulted in a 2% damage to the mines! (Health changed from 98% to 96%)

Mine 11 is the stone mine located South of North Fenia, North of Fenia
Stay safe up there! :snowhill: :snowball: Snow Fight
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

Once again the weather has forced the temporary delay of opening a mine today, in this case by a bear that had awakened when its den collapsed and it took refuge in the mine. No need to go into details about where the bear is now but the local dragon looks happy picking its teeth today! :D

Mine #9, the iron mine to the Southeast of Imperious was delayed today, Dec 29, 1655 in opening from 3:00 am until just a few moments ago. The mine was closed due to damaged by animal (Minor) [Mine Health: 100% to 99% Damage: 1%]
Jandar

Re: The "closed" mine

Post by Jandar »

I guess my crew got a little carried away with the furnace at the mine overnight in mine 12 the iron mine west of Athena. The former supervisor responsible has promised very loudly that it will not happen again!!! :twisted:

12 Jan 16, 1656 3:00 am Mine Closed due to warped by heat (Minor) [Mine Health: 100% to 93% Damage: 7%]