[RP]Northborough Manor

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Aingeal

[RP]Northborough Manor

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal finally had the time to make it to Northborough Manor. She had received the title of Countess months ago, but between majoring and teaching, she hadn't made it to the keep. Loading up Amara and Rania, they made the trip north of Fenia City. In a conversation with the king, he made it known that it was her responsibility to ensure that the peasants were taken care of and she could no longer shirk her duties.

Amara was excited to go on a trip, and Rania had trouble reigning her in. Finally they arrived, and the few guards there stopped then at the gate. “Who are you,” they questioned. “I am Aingeal, Countess of this keep.” They took in her attire and scoffed. “You don't look like no countess.” Aingeal sighed. Zuan was right… she thought to herself. More than once he said she didn't dress ‘proper’ and it would bite her in the arse one day. Digging in her bag she produced the necessary documents and shoved then under the guards nose. “Now let me pass.”

Begrudgingly he humrfed and opened the gate, and the trio made their way inside. Things appeared to be rundown, and there was a lot of work to be done. “My lady?” Rania said, looking at the keep before them.

“I know I know…” she said. A good bump in the road had her rubbing her backside. A couple days earlier she had an issue between her and a branding iron, would teach her to be a tad more careful in the future. At Rania’s giggle she looked to her mistress. “See what happens when you aren't paying attention.” Rania knew her mistress had told her about the unfortunate incident in the King’s stables sneaking up on a stableboy that was branding the King’s mares. Of course if she was wearing proper lady attire, there would have been enough padding to protect her backside, and the only causality would have been a new gown.

“Hush you,” she said on a laugh. Now she herself looked like the King’s property. Shaking her head she put her plans in motion. “Rania, find who is currently running the keep and have the gather the others in the great hall. Find out where our suite of rooms are and I will be up to dress proper before I address them.” Her luck the king would want to come inspect the property before she had a chance to get it in proper order
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Rania

Re: [RP]Northborough Manor

Post by Rania »

Rania was in awe at the estate the pulled up to. When Aingeal had pulled the horses to a stop, Rania was surpised. This place was much larger than their home in Imperius. The whole trip she was trying to keep Amara in the wagon, and entertained. The little scamp would rather jump from the wagon, chase butterflies, or just run around. It was exhausting some days to keep up with the child, Even more so when the child was playing with magiks. Though Aingeal had told the child she needed to behave.

Finally inside the keep they came to the front door and all stepped down from the cart. "Amara stay close," Rania said, grabbing the child's hand. Amara strained against Rania, but then stopped squirming when her mother gave her a look. “Rania, find who is currently running the keep and have the gather the others in the great hall. Find out where our suite of rooms are and I will be up to dress proper before I address them.” Rania heard Aingeal talking to her.

"Yes my lady," she said. Aingeal took Amara's hand and left Rania to do her bidding. While Aingeal and Amara surveyed the grounds, Rania pushed inside and looked around the hall. Quickly an older lady approached her with a quizzical look. "Who is you?" she said curtly. Rania smiled. "Greetings, I am Rania. My mistress is Countess of this estate." The lady looked Rania up and down. ""bout time someone got here," the lady said. "I'm Maisy," she said, wiping her hands on her apron. "My lady wishes to meet the household staff and know where they rooms are..."

Maisy nodded and looks at her. "There is just me and me husband at the moment. And well the guards." Maisy pointed up the stairs to the east wing. "Master rooms are up and to the left, the rooms we use to the right, but I reckon things be changing... " Maisy started muttering to herself. "Clean linens in the closet outside the rooms...." she said before dismissing herself.

Rania went up the stairs, found the cabinet and got out fresh linens. Finding the main suite she entered, opening the curtains and throwing open the windows. Dust bunnies went everywhere, and Rania sighed. Two guards dropped her mistress' trunk inside the door with nary a grunt before going back the way they came. "Tis gonna be a long day," she muttered, yanking the sheets off the bed. She went to work on cleaning the room for her ladies. An hour or so passed before Aingeal and Amara came into the room.

"Are there no servants to help you Rania?" Aingeal asked her. "Nay my lady, just a miss and her husband..." She tucked the sheet in and fluffed the pillow. "I dinna mind," she said with a smile. She went to Aingeal's trunk and pulled out what Aingeal was grumbling about 'proper lady clothes'. "Shall we get ready?"