{IRP} Tides of Change

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Zuan

Re: {IRP} Tides of Change

Post by Zuan »

He began to drink from his own goblet as she spoke, listening in detail to the entire situation, not wishing to ask questions until she explained her entire angle. She had asked him to investigate, at the same time she had also gone against his wishes in fighting in the first place. She had added more risk to the situation, and now it appeared that they would all have to deal with the consequences. Yet he supposed he could hardly blame her, after all, it was someone she deeply cared about and for a while the belief that all is right is such a blissful thought for one to have, but as time goes on that changes. Unfortunately it appeared that this entire situation had gone to the extreme which Aishe had wished to avoid. Nonetheless it was what it was, and now they’d need a solution. He took another deep swig from his goblet to collect his thoughts, before running his finger against the wolf sigil engraved into the silver as he began to speak.

”First and foremost, my advice next time is listen. Akos’ condition is much like the balanced scales, and what you did by going to fight some creatures for whatever stupidly justified reason you could create to do it…well…I would say it’s on your head, but the reality is it is on hers, and now it’s on everyone’s head who is currently on this beach and soon my entire Kingdom, because you let your pride get in the way and went to fight an impossible battle for what? Your pride.” His tone was nowhere near anger, if anything closer to disappointment, he had thought better of Aishe and her party to risk themselves for such foolish notions of pride and honour and reputation, what were the social constructs of society to a dead man? No one would speak of their deeds or think twice of them in a year, because that is how the world works, you either stay in the mind’s eye of all or become a footnote on an ancient piece of parchment in a tome of forgotten history. And now of all times he needed her to listen, for any more wrong steps, now of all times, when she had little to her name but her and her families potential, well it was already a laughable step in the minds of some, he hoped it would not become the thoughts of all. ”You need to listen, because right now you’ve brought a dangerous weapon, inside a person, to this Kingdom, and I will keep my word and do what I can…but from now on, when I give you advice you best listen.

He did not wait for a response and instead poured himself a second goblet of wine from the jug before continuing on his thoughts to her, deciding to keep speaking to stop her interfering and potentially turning this into a conflict, when despite his tone and language it was ultimately advice, and he hoped she heeded that. ”Now, as I’ve said. Your wife, like anyone with power, is but a balanced set of scales, weighted on one side is that power, upon the other the reasons to keep ones humanity. Yet in Akos’ case, those two weights seem to be placed upon the same scale, for when you weaken her powers, you appear to weaken her humanity and thus she becomes a tranquil and docile individual. “He drank again, his eyes peering into her own as he did so, to let her know he wanted to continue speaking. ”When you stop the doses you put everyone at risk, you know that, and if you fail to contain her, while your children might be away, what of those who live around you, will they be safe or do you even care?” He watched her carefully at this point, given those words could sound accusatory, even though his tone remained calm as ever as he continued. ”Have I found something? Well that is the question, you see, what you need is to fix those scales, right now they are out of balance, I suspect some of Akos’ humanity died in that conflict, or least weakened thus granting supremacy to the darker thoughts. Thus, what we need to do is sacrifice some humanity and give it to her.” He smiled softly. ”But you cannot sacrifice humanity I hear you say.” Despite her saying nothing. ”For humanity only exists in a living being, you see when someone dies their lifeblood can fuel vampires, werewolves and other beasts, but the humanity is gone. Thus she needs the essence of an eternal mortal being. One who is both condemned to age as a mortal but yet impossible to kill. For to take humanity from a pure mortal would eventually drain them to a husk doomed to die. While those immortal among us, and those already dead are already upon those balancing scales, thus we cannot risk yourself or many others due to potentially creating another monster.” He said softly. ”I know not if this will work, but it’s the best hope we have, I’ve asked my physicians and potioners and this is the best hope we have. She needs more humanity Aishe and if you cannot find it through love and kindness then you’ll have to find it through blood and oaths and connections.” He said coming to an end of his monologue he drank again deeply finishing his second goblet before settling it upon the table, wondering what she made of his findings and whether or not she bought into it. After all, it was a risk, but to him the greater risk was letting a fully powered and unstable Akos into the heart of his Kingdom.
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Pride. The word caused the petite nose to wrinkle in distaste, gaze dropping. Was it true? Did she take up her weapons in her pride? Aishe had convinced herself to do it for Bravia, her last final act of kindness to a home that she felt had forsaken her. Did she do it for Bravia though? Or did she do it for herself? She did not consider herself a prideful woman, but she knew others saw her that way. Just as they saw her desire to do good as hunger for power. Again, her nose wrinkled with pursed lips, falling back into an awaiting chair. It was hard for the world to see a good heart with pure intentions when there was so many who put on face. The tears still lingered, but the overwhelming urge to break down with a sob had passed thanks to the mention of such "pride".

Even with the bitterness of pride on her mind, the obvious disappointment did not go unnoticed. The disappointment of a friend, who let her know from the start it was a foolish venture to journey. The disappointment of a king, who now had to deal with the consequences. There was a certain shame and embarrassment from it. Light blue eyes drifted up, fixating on him to take in every word as the topic went from the battle to the present. Scales was a good reference, one Aishe had often seen in light of herself, but never quite saw in regards to her wife's situation. Her perspective on the situation altered with that in mind and, just perhaps, gave her a small hope. Scales could be fixed, even if they had to be rebuilt. It was the mention of others' safety that brought lips to purse together tightly. It was only her manners that kept her quiet from objecting, to point out she cared for all creatures and their safety... Despite, in retrospect, her statement may imply otherwise.

The lips kept pursed in mild annoyance, which quickly faded as he went on. A mix of intrigue, concern, and hope settled. She found herself holding her breath while he continued with the solution he had finally found. Two weeks of searching and fighting and hoping, and they finally had something to show for it. A permanent fix. A way to put the evil to rest and not worry at each dawn what sort of terrible Akos would commit that day. The sheer relief that washed over her stung at her eyes, but that went ignored as she promptly rose back to her feet. The vampire dipped into a deep bow of gratitude, withholding the strong urge to throw her arms around in him a hug.

Thank you. Aishe straightened, eyes on him with a quivering smile as she tried to contain herself. I hadn't dared to hope, but if you couldn't find something with your resources... Her voice trailed to a stop and she shook her head. It didn't matter because where she had failed, he had succeeded. Neither her nor Serendipity had been able to think of solution. Ironically, three weeks ago, they would have likely turned to Nocturne and his vast knowledge. Yet, as timing had it, that was not an option. It was only by chance Zuan became one, after a fretful evening with Aveena. Nearing again, she finally took a moment to refill her goblet. It doesn't matter now. We have a way... Now we just have to find a creature befitting to the.. Qualifications.

The smile, genuine despite the tears in her eyes, grew as she lifted the goblet for a hearty drink. She finally felt as though she could breathe again. It was true that they were not 'out of the woods' yet, but they had found a path. A path that would take them out of this dark situation and let them live their lives again. That is, once they found an undying, yet mortal creature with humanity. Her brows knitted together in thought. Undying. Surely not... Bright eyes flicked up, finding the Fenian monarch closer than she intended. Gaze dropped out of respect as she took a step back and shook her head in attempt to shake her thoughts. She turned away when a tear dropped, hastily wiping at it before it trekked down her cheek. She hadn't been silent long before she found herself asking,

Will it harm the other creature? I imagine, should the creature truly fall some day, the solution is broken. What if my wife falls first? What other consequences would it have to live through? Aishe turned, eyebrow arching. To.. Live a life, bound to this madness? I find it hard to condemn a creature to a horrible fate just for the sake of another's, even if she is my heart.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

He smiled gently at her as she spoke, it was good to see some hope in those eyes, before pulling from his jacket a black handkerchief, and offering it to her to enable her to wipe away any tears that might fall from her eyes and across her cheeks, yet it was the hope that was noticeable. During their correspondence since she left the lands of Bravia he had noted that her thoughts appeared to be dominated by fear rather than hope, and so he hoped that on this day, in this place, she would be able to start hoping and living again. ”I suppose it is the advantage of wearing a piece of gold atop your head, it naturally gives you the advantages to search and explore the possibilities this realm has to provide and continue life…it was a difficult search but with any luck, it will be a most worthwhile one.” He said calmly as he poured some more wine into his goblet after she had done the same, before taking another swig. He did so to listen to her next question.

It was an interesting question and in reality the truth was ‘he did not know’ at the very best much like this solution there were hypothetical possibilities relating to the results of the solution. And so he continued to drink as to use it an as an excuse to gather his thoughts and to enable him to present his words in such a way that would not force the words he stated next into stone to be reflected back upon him if the situation ended up in a different manner entirely. ”One cannot rightly know the answer to that, simply because the concept of humanity in of itself is such an unknown quantity. Some call it the soul, others a spirit, others the unique quality that the mages passed to make the creature civilizations possible. One medicine-man from years gone-by believed that it was but the brain and that all our thoughts, feelings, and existence derive from the brain, such foolishness. Other creatures have brains yet they have not built castles or Kingdoms.” He said with a soft chuckle before drinking again.

”My point being Aishe that everything I have suggested to you today is hypothetical, that is to say untested, based only on the theory of tomes made by dead wizards and scholars who have long since passed from the realm. Once can accept the philosophical concept of humanity, or soul, or spirit, or whatever you wish to call it, given that peoples natures relate much to the things they care for and that something divides us from the silent watchers and the mute beasts that range our lands wild and untamed. Much like the mistreated dog can become stray and feral if mistreated so can the conscious being become feral if mistreated and that which gives it life and hope is all but swallowed by the mists of power, survival and desire.” He paused for a moment, thinking how best to continue. ”Thus we know Akos’s humanity is out of balance, that desire for power has over-ridden her desire for love and family. Therefore we balance the humanity within her through the use of a living mortal’s blood.” He took another drink from his goblet, looking directly into her eyes now as he spoke. ”Thus, let me do my best to explain, your corporeal body houses your humanity, thus if it is destroyed or you are killed it slips away and your blood becomes naught but the food of beasts. So if one was to pass some of their humanity to Akos then they were to die, their humanity would remain tied to earth existing perhaps like a ghost since some of their humanity remains tethered to the mortal realm through Akos, what that would mean for their existence I know not. In contrast if Akos was to fall, her humanity would be gone and that speck of humanity granted to her by another would also be unobtainable, yet the other individual so long as the majority of their humanity remained in corporeal form would most likely be unharmed physically. Mentally? Well that depends on the willpower of the individual no?”

He sighed loudly, it was difficult for him to explain. Not least because when working with the tomes of dead men one wrong mistranslation could change an entire theory from top to bottom, thus his hypotheticals could all be broken but with one wrong word. Part of him wondered whether he should really be parting with such knowledge, to give it freely to the world and risk others using it, immortality was dangerous for mortal men the elves often said, for the desire to live for every can corrupt even the noblest of hearts, as fear always triumphs hope in a man’s final moments. ”As for any other consequences, or to be bound to madness, I again know not, my assumptions would base the chances of falling to Akos’ madness minimal so long as the will-power of the first individual was strong and the remains of their humanity in check. Akos’ darkness would have access to that part of another person’s humanity though…so if the person was weak… well let’s just say that madness could become a contagious disease spreading from person to person. T’is a risk Aishe, but it’s a smaller risk than letting Akos wild in my Kingdom.” He said that final sentence bluntly, to make his point clear. He did not wish harm to Akos but she presented a clear and present danger to the nation if her condition was not treated, and thus for him, a risk such as this, well it was worth taking. He could hardly ask Aishe to execute Akos or leave her on an abandoned island to rot now could he?
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Aishe listened quietly, nodding to a statement here and there. It was very clear that this route would be unknown territory to not only them, but to whatever resources the king had. It was not reassuring, but what else had she expected? After all, she was coming to the idea there no solution would be found any time soon. There were risks, but there was hope... Regardless of the unknown. She would search and search for a creature that met their needs, while trying to minimize the damage to all parties. Sipping on the wine for a long moment, she finally broke her silence, blue eyes rising to meet his.

Thank you. I know it is a gamble for you. All of this.

Her quiet gratitude ended with a soft smile, before she turned away again. There was little left to discuss or inquire on the topic of her wife, so her thoughts ended up following her eyes - back to the dagger. A thin eyebrow arched upwards as she re-approached the bookshelf, head cocked to the side. The familiarity was bugging her and nothing made sense. Why was it in Mallory's possession and why did the girl give it to Zuan?

Why do you have this?
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
[Art | Historian ]
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

His gaze followed her own as she turned away from him and toward where the dagger lay in place upon the stand, sitting there, glinting slightly in the candlelight, it was seemingly an odd thing. Yet he had been asked to take it and so he had agreed. After all it was but a piece of steel, and you tended to do less damage when you were the one possessing the steel than when you were the defenceless one without it. Her question was interesting. Not least because it was so open, why did he have this, because he had been given it by someone who was not sure if it was smart to possess it? Surely she knew that enough already given that she was asking about it. Had she known nothing, why comment upon it? Thus he assumed that she had heard news nonetheless of the piece of steel and so he turned his head down slightly away from the blade and back onto her as he responded. ”Because your sister seemed concerned about it? Something about a bad feeling or something? Unsure if I quite remember the details, but then again, I don’t quite understand her or your culture when it comes to ‘feeling’ thus maybe you know more than I do…” He paused for a long moment. ”Infact I’m quite happy to make a bet that you know far more about it than I do. See she mentioned she had been given this blade by your old family. Thus one could assume she thought it bad to take a gift from someone who was once close but now so hostile? Or perhaps this was not truly a gift, but a warning?” He said softly. ”Daggers under cloak, hidden in the darkness, silent like the windless day, ready to be buried between its enemies ribs.” He said ominously, as he moved toward it so he was now next to Aishe and returned his focus to the blade. ”Now what to do with it? Well I am simply its guardian, it’s true owner is your sister and from that, I assume it is her choice and your own on that matter. Take it. Destroy it. Leave it. Whatever you wish to do with it. So be it.”
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Aishe's knitted eyebrows were quick to rise up as he spoke, looking up to him in growing confusion. Mallory had mentioned no such event to her. One would assume the journey gave plenty of time to do so. Shaking her head, blue eyes went back to the blade and slowly reached out, picking it up. Fingers wrapping around the handle, she twisted the weapon while she inspected it in a long moment of silence.

So, you are telling me my once-twin sister gave my new half-sister a dagger with no obvious intentions? Bright eyes rose to his face, brows furrowed again. The same woman who has barely spoken to me in a over year? Who could think I am leading some sort of direct opposition to her? Who's husband wants by head on a pike?

Her head was shook once more before pushing the dagger into Zuan's torso for him to take. She retreated from the king in discontent. Words of Scarlet's recent demand put the "gift" in bad light and left a poor taste on her tongue. Or perhaps it was the frustration she had building. She wanted something, at the very least, neutral between her group and the Te'sorthene. Admittedly, she hadn't gotten the courage to formally extend a hand on the matter yet... Perhaps it was the doubt that anything positive would come from the attempt, thanks to Rieron's bloodlust. She wouldn't know until she tried, though, and she would do so when the moment felt right, but until then, she'd maintain her distance as she had been doing. She had enough on her plate as it was.

I would like you to keep an eye on it for now, if that is not too much to ask. Inhaling slowly, she gathered herself and turned around with a strained smile. Because, frankly, I do not know if I should throw it into the ocean or wear it on my belt. It could be stained with Mahrime or Prikaza, which is... Hm, like impurity or bad luck, respectively. It is not a good thing in our culture. If I cannot determine the intentions behind the gifting of this blade, I do not want it in the presence of my people... But I do not think I can throw away something she has given without knowing for sure. What if it is something positive, somehow?

I'm told women are the sentimental gender. Sometimes, it feels too true.
The vampire smirked before shrugging her shoulders lightly. She pushed the frustration aside with a more genuine smile, offering her hand. If it'd please the king, we could return to the others. I am thinking we can leave with the first morning's light, as the day is already over half-way through. It is dangerous to travel at night and for our people, discouraged strongly for cultural reasons. The last thing we need is the Fenian monarch to become possessed by an angry spirit after our arrival.
[Art | Historian ]