[CRP] The Making of a Queen

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Aishe

[CRP] The Making of a Queen

Post by Aishe »

[OOC: This RP has originally taken place in the Mysts tavern. It is being fleshed out in this thread, but with the same characters, words, and actions. Characters present: Aishe, Cathrina, Jandar, Kiara, Mallory, Nikola, Timmzy, Zipporah. (Excuse typos, on mobile for the time being.) ]

The emotions within her raged against one another. Just a while ago, she had sat there, broken hearted. Now? The reassurance, the confidence, the promoting, coming from the creatures surrounding her was overwhelming. Half of them had no obligation to say such support; they were gaje and they were not bound to her in any manner besides friendship. Just a week ago, she had held the same argument with her half-sister. Why was Aishe holding so tightly to the title of "Vatave"? Mere "overseer" of the their group when they saw her as much more. She was the leader of the Boreens Durri Roma and she was proud of it - even with the weak title she gave herself. Others though, they didn't seem to understand. Not even the gaje could see why she was so insistent on "Vatave". Not when her people thought and respected her as their queen. Their Kralisi.

It seemed a simple enough reason to her. There were toes she did not want to step on, claims that she didn't want to appear to be making. She held no desire to hold her sister's crown and throne over the Te'sorthene. That was Scarlet's Natsia and even at odds, it would always be something she respected. And then there was her own unworthiness. Once in life and now in Romani history, she would always be revered as the Wuhtzo Kralisi - but the woman who held that title, Ehsia Kuhlash, died over fifteen hundred years ago. What was left was her soul, which lived on in her latest life... Aishe Sanchari - once a pure Romani woman and now an undead vampire. The Wuhtzo Kralisi was now condemned to a life of impurity from the curse imparted onto her by Lucifer. She could barely, if at all, justify her place in Roma culture anymore. How could she justify being a queen of it?

Bright, blue eyes lifted from her lap. The words being said were true. Her own words, that she was the only one standing in the way of the Boreens Durri Roma from becoming a true Natsia hit a cord within her. They were all so assure of their words, it made her doubt her reasons. Yes, her respect for Scarlet was what she thought as her biggest reason for holding back. Yet, the more they went on, she realized it was solely her that was holding back... Fear of being rejected, the feeling of unworthiness thanks to her fangs. The realization shone a different light on the situation. A light in which she hoped she'd better be able to navigate and lead in. Gaze wandering, she admitted aloud how she didn't know what to say in response to the overwhelming support. It was Timmzy's poke and tease that finally broke a smile onto her serious expression.

Their confidence bolstered her own. She didn't fully realize she was rising to her feet, already feeling a bit dazed by the actions to come. With a steadying inhale, she beckoned near her people and with Mallory, Kiara, and Zipporah before her, she knelt down onto a knee. Her head hung low, but her voice carried out strong:

I promise I will always do everything in my power and beyond to protect you and lead you to the best of my capabilities. I may not be worthy of this position because of things our culture says, but I would give my soul for each of you... And I would be honoured if you called me your Kralisi.

Gaje - Non-Roma
Vatave - Overseer
Kralisi - Romani Queen
Wuhtzo Kralisi - "Pure Queen", title of Kralisi Ehsia Kuhlash, Aishe's first life
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Zipporah

Re: [CRP] The Making of a Queen

Post by Zipporah »

Zipporah was in the tavern with her family and friends. It has been a wonderful day so far, but a lingering of anticipation was in the air. When Aishe called them over and knelt she knew in her heart that everything was about to change.
I promise I will always do everything in my power and beyond to protect you and lead you to the best of my capabilities. I may not be worthy of this position because of things our culture says, but I would give my soul for each of you... And I would be honoured if you called me your Kralisi.
Speaking softly she bowed her head at the kneeling woman, "I have always considered you my Kralisi, it would be my honor to address you as such."

When Mallory spoke and knelt, Zipporah joined her in kneeling.
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

The discussions they'd been having were deep, meaningful ones, with a smattering of grape throwing mixed in. Mele wished for once she'd brought something to throw, but the apple in her pocket would be a bad choice. They were discussing a topic she'd brought up once before when they arrived on Fenia's shores. Having grown up learning the rich history of her people and those same traditions that had been taught to generations of the Romani Mele struggled to understand why Aishe was reluctant to be what he people already whispered of her, what they needed her to be.

Talking when they arrived had helped some, and Mele understand why Aishe struggled. She did not want to be seen as claiming anther's crown. But Mallory was sure only a foolish person would think that an entirely separate group having a Kralisi would challenge their crown. And while Mallory had only briefly met the other Kralisi she had thought her beautiful and kind. Though Mallory could not understand it the woman had left her a gift, of sorts. Mele had always chosen to believe the best of everyone, and she decided to hope that the woman had done so in kindness. Surely someone who was kind to a stranger would not over react to something that really was not of any concern to them. Her Natsia was safe and Mele spent quite a bit of time telling her sister that no one was that unreasonable, and there was nothing to worry about.

When Aishe knelt and called them forward Mallory moved quickly. In response to her sister's oath she placed a kiss on her forehead. A kiss was symbolic of peace and of blessing. It was the second one that Mallory wished to convey. Then she spoke "You are my sister, and my Kralisi and you always have been." She lifted her lips and knelt down beside Aishe, "I give you, Kralisi, my honor, respect, and support. A solemn vow of promise that I will follow your direction in my life. As is your right as you were chosen by my heart." She waited as Zipporah and Kiara spoke their oaths as well, then gently nudged her sister to rise, a true and loved queen she felt she should rise while accepting oaths of fealty and respect from her people. And those in this newly formed Natsia had long thought of Aishe as Kralisi, even if she had refused herself the honors they had tried to get her to take. Mallory was incredibly thankful for those who had pushed their Kralisi to accept the true title for the woman they already knew her to be.

Mele = Nickname for Mallory
Romani = the people and culture of the Roma or Romani people
Kralisi = Queen
Natsia = Nation
Nisha

Post by Nisha »

Kiara's pregnancy was a nuisance. The swollen feet, the back pain, not to mention the pinching bladder. At least she could indulge on her already profane eating habits without being judged... much. People even brought her food, mostly Mallory.

Aishe's words snapped the raven haired woman from her Iskberry pies daydream awake. With a painful sigh she rose from her confortable spot in the tavern couch. In a very ungraceful manner Kiara tried to kneel, but her almost eight months pregnant belly would allow no such thing, so she bowed her head respectufully and said the words.

''You are my Kralisi, now and forever and you have my loyalty and respect."
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola watched the impromptu ceremony with interest, knowing a little of Aishe’s life story and some of her suffering over the years. Her voice had been one of several who encouraged the vampire to take her place as queen, or Kralisi as her people named their leader. Now she watched as one after another of the Boreens Durri Roma pledged themselves to Aishe and named her their Kralisi. In another time she might have felt awe and wonder, but with her own emotions locked tightly away, she watched with a certain detachment, yet understood that history was being made before them all.

“We here have just witnessed the making of a Natsia and its Queen…Kralisi Aishe.”

After speaking the words, she fell silent once again, content to simply watch history unfold.