[ORP] Thaspo'ordere

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Serendipity

Re: [ORP] Thaspo'ordere

Post by Serendipity »

A soft patter of familiar steps rose brown eyes away from the woken fireplace. Her lips pulled into a soft smile, letting Zipporah settle into her chair under close observation. The smile remained, regardless of the obvious lack of energy coming from her daughter. It was a mental sort of exhaustion, but she imagined the woman was experiencing physical exhaustion at this point too.

"Good morning. I made your favourite." The 'I hope it starts your day positively' remained unsaid, but it did not really need to be said. It had been said more times than could be count. Sometimes, that was the problem with immortality. One day, you wake up and realize every day has become the same. Still, she strived to make each day different than the past and she knew today would be one to remember. Serendipity continued to sip on the life source of all creatures (Khalua), crossing her legs comfortably. "How are we feeling this morning? Did you get some sleep? The tonic really worked for me when I was feeling 'bleh'. You can thank the gnomes in Valeria."
Bond to Aeton Sanchari | Mother of Zipporah, Yara, Nox, Eydahl, Eydís, Juniper, & Valen
Lady of the Vale | Guardian Protector to Aishe, Akos & co. | BDR Natsia | (Aishe Art)
Zipporah

Post by Zipporah »

She settled into her seat and looked at her bowl. Taking a deep breath she ignored the protest that her stomach was trying to give. Sighing in frustration at the physical response to her sadness she steeled herself, ignoring the instinct to push the bowl away she smiled and took a bite, "Thank you"

Getting a few bites in her she set the spoon down, wanting to wait a few minutes before resuming. Reaching for her cup she took a drink and closed her eyes for a moment. Opening them she focused on her mother, "I slept well enough, I guess. I am still very tired though. I can't shake this away and it is becoming very frustrating. I am not as sad as I have been, I am just not myself yet." Shrugging she sips her drink again, forcing herself to keep everything down.
Last edited by Zipporah on Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Quietly, the observations continued. They were not just of sight, but of something much deeper. The mother and daughter shared a continued exchange of energy since the day Zipporah was born. It was a bond that had been crippled with masking spells for a long time to keep the girl safe, but the chains had been broken upon the death of Sethos or rather, from the safety that came with his death. After a few years, that bond was repaired to near full strength. It was funny how Lady Vale could better feel what the younger was either ignoring or had yet to realize.

The question remained: how to bring it up?

Serendipity had thought on it a lot the last week. Each day seemed to be increasing the sense of urgency for the patient woman as it remained unacknowledged. She decided she just could not sit on it anymore - today was the day. Mug lowering, she closed her eyes for a moment only to reopen them when Zipporah spoke. She could not help but do a rare giggle-snort, glad to have swallowed her drink in time.

"It'll be some time before that." There was a rise of dread when she realized what had slipped out. Curse her inability to manage her talking. She had such a difficult time monitoring herself around family. She cleared her throat as casually as she could, smiling. "Perhaps your body is trying to tell you something, my light. I thought I taught you better; you should always listen to your body for it is separate of your mind and tells different stories."
Bond to Aeton Sanchari | Mother of Zipporah, Yara, Nox, Eydahl, Eydís, Juniper, & Valen
Lady of the Vale | Guardian Protector to Aishe, Akos & co. | BDR Natsia | (Aishe Art)
Zipporah

Post by Zipporah »

Choosing to push away the bowl a bit she pulled her knees to her chest, hugging them as her mother spoke. A look of confusion passed over her face. Thinking for a moment she shook her head not understanding.

She recalled the previous night in the tavern when other confusing comments were made and she sighed. Zipporah was an intelligent woman, she was gifted with magic and abilities that at times even she couldn't explain. She had spent her entire life learning, training, growing. She knew that most of those who knew her outside of her family knew nothing of the bond shared between mother and daughter. They knew nothing of the past, of the pain, of the darkness. They knew nothing of the past, the love, the light. They simply knew her as Zipporah.

She closed her eyes tuning into herself, listening to her heart beat. Listening to the blood as it rushed through her veins. Listening to her breathing, in and out, in and out. To block out everything was easy for her, she had been learning to do such things since she was a small child. As she felt herself go to the quiet place within she found what her mother spoke of. She stopped her breathing for a measure of time, confusion flooding her senses.

After several minutes she began to breathe again and opened her eyes. "I don't understand what it is."
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

As she saw Zipporah's blue eyes close, the mug rose back to her lips. She waited. It was worth the wait, to let the girl discover on her own. 'The girl'. What an odd choice of thought. Her daughter was several hundreds of years old, despite her human lineage. Their human lineage. The oath she once gave provided few rewards, but to have her daughter similarly immortal alongside her was the best reward. There had been much they two had been through together, but even more in their time apart. With Sethos finally gone, not only could Aishe and Akos live peacefully, so could she. Her daughter was back at her side, she could stop looking over her shoulder, she had started using her earned surname again. She had even taken several trips to Zion, however short the trips were. Her oath was complete; her life could really begin.

The sound of caught breath brought her attention back to the chair next to her. The waiting was no longer peaceful, but exhilarating. Muddy eyes searched her daughter's face. Now, personally, she had a bag of feelings regarding the situation, but most of them were positive. It was safe now. They were together now.

"You do understand." She said softly, feeling more sympathetic than excited now. "I know this is overwhelming; it always is overwhelming. You will be stronger for it, though. You will have your own candle in this life - one that will shine brighter than you can even imagine. A spark that will someday become a star."
Zipporah

Post by Zipporah »

Her carefully controlled composure threatened to break when the full realization hit her. The flood of emotions made her dizzy. Several measured breaths later she released her arms from hugging her knees and leaned close to Serendipity, eyes meeting hers. Sharing a moment, silent between them she let the flood of memories flow between them, the private ones that she had guarded safe within her.

After a few moments she pulled back and looked at the mug on the table, a single tear running down her cheek then looked back to her mother. "How? There were safety measures taken. Magical ones." Pausing she remembered that the measures were set in place...late. Shaking her head to clear that memory, "How is it possible with my age?" Biting her lip she paused letting the realization truly sink in. "How long have you known?"
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

If she were an ordinary mum, she would be sitting there with rosy cheeks and a sheepish expression. However, she was not the average mother nor did they have a normal relationship. They had gone through too much fire to be so fragile. Her hand did, however, extend with a tenderness after the memories were shared in a way to express understanding and offer comfort. The touch was only rescinded when lightly accusatory words were given. With a quiet sigh, she leaned into the chair with her hands cupping her mug.

"We live in a world where anything is possible. It just takes the right combination and sometimes a lot of luck." It was a poor explanation, but what else did she have? She truly believed each word, as she had seen much in her life that could not be explained differently. Serendipity sipped on the klahua, which was now growing cold. "Long enough. Sometimes, things are easier to see from the outside.

I know the situation is less than desirable for understandable reasons. However, I think that you will come to see this as one of the best things that could have ever happened.

You were the best thing that could have happened to me."
She paused. It was not something she talked about. There was still much that, after all these centuries, stayed trapped in her mind and unspoken. She did not want to make it about her, though. It was about her daughter. So, she kept it at that with a soft smile.