[CRP] Azure Dreams

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Argenth

[CRP] Azure Dreams

Post by Argenth »

He had spend the last week of his free time, working on his newest acquisition. Having been short of possible adventures for a time, he had been walking past an old fisher's hutt. Seemingly abandonded and left for time to do its work, he had gone to inspect the place. Looking through the remains, he had aquired some smaller items he thought could be useful, and by chance stumpled over a sailboat at the water eagde, hidden under the remains of an ruined building, likely build to protect the boat, not able to help himself from thinking of the irony somewhere in what he saw. What had just a week prior been a ruined, and very damaged boat, with every hole, minor repair and scratch added to it's story, had now been restored and repaired. For those that had gotten to know Argenth, it would likely have never imagiened something like this. Normaly he wouldn't either, but with the past few weeks, and all of what had happen, he had been in need of something to distract himself with, and as a small side project, it helped him to get his mind of off the everyday's going on, giving him a chance to let his mind wander, like in the old days of his studies ages ago.

The small restored sailboat had been moved, and was now placed in the water, fastened to the small bridge that lead from the shore and into the water. Other them the sound of water hitting the buttom of the bridge with a sloshing sound, was the dim sounds of various insects that had gathered around the sizeable lake, the odd bird doing a late hunt, making its preperations for the night and every now and then, the sound of a fish breaking through the water surface, hunting for the insects that skated around or flew too close. The time was still early in the evening, and Argenth worried the the clouds would hang around, as he was hoping for the moon and the sky to be visible for the trip on the lake. Instead of spending the time waiting, he went about, finishing of a few smaller things, so the boat would be ready, and that he was sure he had all that they might need prepared.
Last edited by Argenth on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Faranni

Re: [CRP] Azure Dreams

Post by Faranni »

She had been so excited when he had invited her to take a ride on his boat. They had frequently spent nights like these watching the moon from the rooftop of the tavern but he had promised seeing it from the lake was something very different. And with any luck they might manage to catch some of the bigger fishes. She had promised herself that the previous events that had gone on throughout the past week wasn't going to get to her and that she should just focus on enjoying being alone in his company tonight. And she was planning on coming prepared.

Packing provisions consisting of a jar of strawberry jam, some bread, fruits, meat and a large jug of iskir wine she'd managed to get her hands on with some effort and saved up funds, into a woven basket. Because nights this time of year tended to be chilly she also packed with an old wool blanket carrying it by sweeping it around her shoulders. The last thing she took with her was a small leather bag with maggots dug up from her field the day before and her fishing rod.

Was this a date? She shuck the thought from her head. Of course not. Could it? No he'd never go for an elf...or? she fought with the thoughts and feelings within her while wandering down the road down to the lake. The evening air made her stomach flutter like wings and her skin felt pleasantly tingly, even so she wrapped the blanket tighter around her shoulders. Whatever this is I'm going to enjoy it.
After walking for a while she spotted a light and hear someone moving things around and she was struck by a scent of water as the sounds of frogs echoed across the waters. Coming up closer she spotted Argenth near the boat with his back turned to her and in the middle of something. Carefully not to startle him she called out "Evening Argenth, Oh she's lovely! I hope you don't mind I brought along some food with me."
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

His mind fully occupied, loading his boat with some minor things, he thought would be needed. Things such as a net, a pair of buckets, some exstra rob and so on, going through a tjecklist in his mind. A stack of larger pillows for comfort, was already placed in the at the bow of the boat.

About to pick up a crate, he turns to the voice of Faranni with a wide smile. "Welcome.." Hearing that she had brought food with her, he pushed the crate with the refresment he was about to pick up to the side, before he goes to greet her with a hug. "... Aye, she looks a lot better off then what she did before I found her." Turning his head looking at the boat seemingly proud of his accomplishments, before turning back to Faranni with a gentle smile. "I'm glade you could make it, I hope it wasn't too hard to find."
Last edited by Argenth on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

Hugging him back and breathing in his scent, a mix of sawdust, tar and nature. Releasing herself from his embrace she walked over to take a closer look of the boat, gingerly running her fingers over the side of it and placing the basket and blanket in in it. A sudden breeze from the lake sent a shiver through her spine making her wrap her arms across her chest. Shaking her head, smiling in reply to his question, making her winter locks flow around her face resembling a snow fall. "No it was easy, it's not very far from the spot I usually go for fishing."

Looking out over the lake and the large full moon reflected in the waters and a starry sky surrounding it. The only sounds were the sound of the waves and maybe a distant creak from some animal nearby. "Wow, we really picked the right night for her maiden voyage, it's an absolutely beautiful night."
Gazing over the boat and rubbing her upper shoulder a little and considering sweeping the blanket around her again "Oh, I made some meat pies...elves don't really eat meat but I took a liking to it when I lived in the forest. There's some other nice things in there too" she beamed. "So, ready to head out?"
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

As they broke the hug, he watched her as she went to inspect his work on the boat. A wide, proud smile formed on his lips, when Faranni seemed amazed by the result of his work.

Joining her at the boat, he placed his fishing gear which he had picked up on his way to her, into the boat. Turning back to looking at her, he noded at her remark for the timing, and changed to an impressed look, hearing the menu she had but together for them. "It sounds really delicious, almost tempted to ask that we take a bite before we take out." Replying with a grin as he thought of the food that he had scarcely put together, which didn't come to close the feast presented by Faranni. His features turning gentle, as he offers his hand to assist her in boarding the boat. Having noticed her struggle to keep warm earlier, he picked up her blanket, and offering it to her as she got into the boat. "It is still early on the evening, and it will slowly start getting colder from here on out, even more now that the sky have cleared, and the moon is high."
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

"So does this boat have a name yet?"
The waters clucked against the sides of the boat, some fish played a few feet away from them. Faranni was unpacking the food basket and handed him one of the sandwiches while picking a grape and plopping it into her mouth, munching on it with sweet delight. "I mean, all boats and ships tends to have a name, right?" she plopped another grape in her mouth, feeding him one too.

This was a nice change, just the two of them spending some time together, far from their usual time hanging out in the cramped tavern.
Sure it had it's perks too, there was always something going on, but she rarely found time speaking to him. He was a sought after man after all.
"
Picking up her fishing rod, wiping some juice from the grapes on her robe, she took out some fish bait and baited it throwing the line out and gingerly leaning the rod against the edge of the boat. "I...I've been really looking forward to spending some time with you"
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

Securing the stick leading to the rudder with a rope, he smiles seeing Faranni having made herself comfortable. "Hmmm, a name. I do have some ideas..." Letting Faranni continue with her question, as he finished setting up his own fishing rod, before he makes his way to join her in time for him to accept the sandwich. Placing the sandwich infront of him, as he leans back next to her, watching her with gentle features, he lets her feed him a grape with a roguish smile, chewing on the sweet fruit. "I have been trying to think of one. She is a dream to sail, and it would only be traditional to name your boat." He watches as she prepares her fishing rod, and smiles as she gets back to him. "Having been fishing alone out here now and then the past few weeks, it made me very happy, when you agreed to come with me. It can easily get quiet lonely." Taking a bite of the sandwich she offered him earlier, he turns back to her. "What would you think I should name her?"
Last edited by Argenth on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

After cleaning her hands in the cool water and some digging around in the basket she bit into a sandwich of her own and listened to him talk. It was something in his voice that felt like she could listen to him for hours. Always eager to hear one of his stories, and always a little jealous she'd never been on any herself. She had her reasons of course. Swallowing her bite of bread and meats she gave him one of her sweetest smiles. "I...know what you mean. About feeling lonely. I used to feel pretty lonely too before I moved here." She spoke softly and made an effort to sit a little closer beside him. Suddenly his eyes met hers and her stomach began to flutter "I..." She took a pause to collect herself. He'd made her loose her trail of thought. She pondered "Well...you say she's like a dream...so maybe a name with...dream in it?"
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

As she spoke, he finishing his sandwich, even if seemingly a simple meal, he greatly enjoyed it as a change to his own much more simple meals. Leaning in to pick a few graps, he gets back up again, and turns towards her just as she had sneaked closer to him. His jade green eyes, with their subtle and gently pulsing glow grow wide for a moment, as they met with her's ocean blue eyes, slightly darkened by the evening nightsky, but bathed in the moon light they seemingly changed their color for a moment, almost mesmerizing to him, as he find himself lost in them for a moment. He doesn't hear what she says shortly after, his mind racing, trying to find answers to what he had just witnessed, and felt, and the color, what was it all? He was pulled back to reality by her finishing words. Repeating her last words, still partially locked in thought. "... Dream?" That is when it hit him, the illusion of a color shift he had witnessed. The word slowly leaving his lips without realizing it. "Azure...?" His eyes, returning to Faranni's, just in time to see the mesmerizing colors return back to her usual eye color, as the moon hid behind the sail for a moment, caused by the boat slowly turning on the water. "Azure Dreams..?". The question about the strange warm feeling still lingered, and echoed at the back of his mind.
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

Was that? a jolt went through her body. It was something in his expression. A brief flicker in his eyes when she looked at him. She hadn't seen it before. She wasn't even sure if she'd seen it now. But it made her hope. "Azure Dreams" she tasted the name for a moment and then she smiled. "Azure Dreams it is then" Her face lingered for a moment trying to determine what she'd seen. Her heart was beating hard and her breath was heavy. Her mind was raising with all the possibilities of what was happening. Or not happening.

"I...I...I think I packed some Strawberries, want one?" she spoke in one breath exhaling deeply.