[ORP] Hitchin' the Vardo (it's a party, let's get drunk!)

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Texas_Knight

Re: [ORP] Hitchin' the Vardo (it's a party, let's get drunk!)

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK smiled and nodded as he took the bottle from Nikola and removed the cork. He poured a glass of the drink in her waiting glass as he considered her offer. A plate? Hmm.. he certainly didn't plan on getting snot-slinging drunk. Although he was more than sure there was enough brandy alone to get him that way. No, he needed to keep his senses about him tonight and so he would take it easy (well, easy for a being such as he was) on the brandy. He would have some of the food and keep the Lady Nikola company this evening.

"I believe I will enjoy your company and not leave you alone this evening. Unless you tire of me and wish that I should find other company to entertain me?" TK added the last part with a grin and a quick survey of the room before looking back at her and winking. "A plate of food might be what I need to get through the evening. And I can think of none better to share it with. Although," he paused and looked at the two bottles of brandy he held "I think I may have to find a place to put these unless I grow another arm or two." He considered setting them down on the table next to them, but instead put one in his pocket and held the opened one. "If you'll hold the plates I shall be more than happy to fill yours as you desire. Shall we proceed?"
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola chuckled at TK’s suggestion, watching him deposit the unopened bottle into his pocket. She made a show of sweeping her gaze about the room as if looking for someone else and then shrugged. “I don’t see anyone else here I’d rather spend my evening with,” she said with a dramatic sigh and then winked at him with a grin. “I’m up for holding both plates,” she agreed, handing him her glass and leading the way over to the food tables where she procured two plates and began to examine the offering with her eyes, allowing her stomach to choose what she wanted, naming each morsel to TK so he could place them on her plate while he filled his own as well.

Once they finally had what they both wanted, she looked around at the cozy interior and back out into the gardens.
“Do you want to find a place to sit so we can eat in here, or head back outside?” she asked. “Either is fine with me,” she assured him.
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

She wondered exactly how things should be done with Royals, she wasn't accustomed to such things, self consciously she ran her hands down her skirt. She watched people begin to gather in small groups or pair talking amongst themselves and couldn't stop the smile, creatures were things of habit, that much was true. She found a cushion and pulled it to where she wanted to sit, dropping it in an out of the way place where she could watch, had her back to a wall, and was still approachable should anyone be so brave. She dropped to sit on the soft square, wondering, again, if she should try to read the tea leaves again. Maybe the next time she had tea. Everyone looked so beautiful. She took ideas for things to make for people. She was horrible at crafts, arts, weaving, and sewing, but she wanted to keep trying, Maybe something easy... a scarf perhaps. She wondered if Aishe or Akow would need any additional things of her as the wedding approached and began making a mental list of things to remember.
Nisha

Post by Nisha »

Nisha was still getting used to things in Fenia, to say it was all foreign to her was an understatement. It was an entire different realm after all. There was life, light and warmth whereas in the Netherwold there was nothing but cold, desolation and emptiness. That was the worst of it, the emptiness, which Nisha had been a part of.

There had been so much fear and pain at first, when she was taken from her loving family as a child and trapped in the netherworld by her captor. But the years of abuse by that monster's hands had erased those feelings. There was no more pain, no fear or anything at all, Nisha was nothing but a pretty empty shell. Just an instrument for his dark ambitions...Until the birth of her girls.

In that moment, a strength Nisha never knew she had, magically grew in her setting her free from the apathy and her captor''s tyranny. She knew those little girls had to be protect at any cost. Including her own life as she would later find out.

But now those little girls were all grown up and Akos had children of her own. And she was to get married -- well married again. Nisha had missed so much in her life but she would not miss this. With a wave of her arm, Nisha was surround by dark smoke and after a fragment of a second she appeared outside her daughter's manor. Smoothing her gown, she glanced around trying to spot her daughter.
Last edited by Nisha on Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella

Post by Ella »

Her feet lead her back outside the manor. Ella liked the cool air on her face and the soft grass under her feet. After finding something to eat, she had kicked off her shoes inside somewhere. She probably would have to go and find them later or Akos would acquire a new pair of boots. She glanced down at her bare toes then back up and spotted a figure that had not been there before.

"Nisha! I was starting to think you were not coming. There is pie inside, you know."
❋ Duchess of North Fenshire ❋ Wife of Zuan ❋ Finance Minister of Fenia ❋ Mayor of Fenia City ❋
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK smiled and nodded to a table near the middle of the back and next to a half-opened window. "I think over there would be a good place, M'lady." As they made their way over to the spot TK picked up the silverware needed and a glass for himself as well. He led the way so that Nikola wouldn't have to worry about bumping into anyone and spilling the plates. They had to stop to let some of the others go by as they were coming in the door and as he looked over his shoulder he saw Nikola and thought how pretty she looked. It may have been the two plates she was carrying, but he saw her eyes and could believe she was genuinely happy to be there with him. As they reached the place where TK had picked he set the bottles, utensils, glasses, and napkins on the table before taking the plates from her and motioning for her to sit before he set the plates down and then sat himself next to her.

"Is there anything else I can get before we start to eat?" He was hoping he hadn't forgotten anything as he poured her a glass of the brandy before filling his own. The fact that she'd said there wasn't anyone else she'd rather be with did not escape him. He was honored, considering all the others at the event, that he was the one with her.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

TK was easy enough to follow as he led them through the ever-increasing crowd. The manor house was not large but was a comfortable place and she could see why Akos loved it. Its size tended to make the place feel more populated than it possibly was, but that was not necessarily a bad thing. One always wanted a good turn out to any party one was hosting, and the cozy feel of the place made even a small crowd seem fuller and livelier than it might have seemed in a larger venue. She would have to tell Akos how much she liked the place if she ever got the chance.

At last they were at the location that TK had chosen for them, a cozy little spot next to a half-opened window. She watched curiously as he set the table for them and then relieved her of the plates of food and motioned for her to have a seat. As she settled into a comfortable chair, she glanced up at his question and shook her head with a smile
. “I think that for now, at least, I have everything I need. Good food, good drinks and good friends.”

She waited for him to be seated before she tucked into her plate. The food was delicious and once her belly had some food in it to absorb the warmth of the brandy, she began to relax. She looked around the room to see how many people she knew at the affair and was a little surprised to find that she knew most of the creatures who had come so far. Some she knew well, others mostly by reputation or from her work as Finance Minister. All the while she kept sneaking peeks at TK as she observed the room, enjoying being in his presence.