Office of the People's Representative

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Vhagar

Office of the People's Representative

Post by Vhagar »

Vhagar clears any dust out of the empty office and starts putting it in some order before tacking up a notice.
This Office is open to everyone. As a representative of the people and liason between the people and the crown, having this space is long overdue. Anyone can request an audience here to discuss any concerns or questions.
Mallory

Re: Office of the People's Representative

Post by Mallory »

Mele walked into the office smiling and thinking. It was never easy to step into an office another had done well. But she was determined to do her best. It was well appointed and she wanted to ensure she was here should anyone have anything for her to do, or answer, or present. She seated herself in the chair and shook her head, it wasn't nearly fluffy enough, she was accustomed to perching in laps, they were much softer. Still it would work while she was trying to be professional and not giggle at the little creatures playing across the way.
Mallory

Re: Office of the People's Representative

Post by Mallory »

Reporting to the People! the board read, and she smiled. It was precisely while she was here today. Time to issue the monthly report.
To the People of Fenia,

Today I bring to you a compilation of the reports from those in some of the leadership positions to the people of Fenia that all might be aware of the comings and goings in so much as possible. If you have questions about anything feel free to ask them! If you has something you don't see but would like to know about you can ask and I can try to find out for you.

From our Mayors:

Fenia City Mayor Report: We recently hosted a fishing contest which was a relative success. Next time, I hope to have more people involved but the town collected 41 fish. Things are running smoothly.

Imperius Mayor's Report:
Wood drive: The wood drive continues until the first of December, so far we have collected 1130 wood with another two months to go. Corruption: Corruption has been kept low and as not required many adjustments lately.

To the loyal citizens of Fenia. I would like to firstly thank you all for your continued support of our Kingdom as we continue to seek out new methods to grow our Kingdom and to further involve the citizenship of our nation through various events, activities and, in the case of this report, openness. I would also like to thank my council for their service to the Kingdom and their own contributions to this report and the further workings of our Kingdom as we continue to increase our nations wealth, security and support for its citizens. The tasks of governing are not simple ones, but they are necessary, and thus if there is anybody out there who might be interested in joining my council either in a selected office or as an adviser you are most welcome to send me a letter to discuss the matter. Furthermore if anyone has any suggestions for events then likewise we would welcome your thoughts, as the more events and public actions we have the better life will be for all of Fenia.

Finally I would like to remind everyone that if you wish to discuss matters of state with myself you are most welcome to create an appointment through the Royal Secretary Mallory for a meeting in the Royal Court, and that if any citizen has evidence of noble blood within their veins they are most welcome to appeal to either myself or a high-ranking Noble to validate those claims and the potential titles that might go with such a feat. I hope those who seek to learn more about the goings on of our nation enjoy this report and as ever any questions can be sent to the appropriate member of the council.

In Fenias name,
High King Zuan Winterbourne

Report from the Fenian Viceroy:

ROYAL COURT -
High King Zuan and I have been working to increase the activity of the Royal Court. Did you know anyone is welcomed? At the Royal Court, you can talk to the King about any problems or ideas you may have. You do not have to have noble blood or be an old, established creature in Fenia to be able to talk to your monarch. Just head over to the Fenian Castle and you can be directed to the Royal Court.
[Forums -> The Viceroyalty of Fenia -> Viceregal Castle of Fenia -> The Royal Court: Public Wing]

NEW ROLES DISCUSSION -
With a recent influx of new citizens, we are trying now, more than ever, to get who wants to be involved and to break down the wall that may separate old and new citizens. We have created a discussion that is open to everyone, to discuss the implementation of new positions and roles in Fenian society. Please take a moment to read the proposal and voice your opinion.
[Forums -> The Viceroyalty of Fenia -> Viceregal Inn of Fenia -> Discussion: Adding New Roles]
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12559

OOC: As players, we are working on general activity in the forums, taverns, and in our towns. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to contact me (Aishe) via PM if you do not wish to present them in an IC manner at the Royal Court or in the established discussions. I am always interested in hearing what you may have to say.

General's Report: Army pay will be sent out at the end of this month. For those of you in the military thank you for your service. If anyone interested in a duel send a letter for that as well. Hunting is best for raising weapon proficiency but dueling works for those not wanting to travel. If you are a lower level I can also assist in finding a dueling partner.

University's Rector Report
Looking to employ a parchment maker, and have them on retainer. Creatures should apply to the rector's office. Classes are taken most days however attendance is low in all classes. Three rooms are available on a rotating basis, two rooms are used for low-level classes.

Report from the mining overlord:

The clerical staff continue to goad me about the lack of visitations from my wife. They have begun to doubt her existence, though they do seem partially mollified by our upcoming nuptials to the King.

General Balerion and his troops have done wonders clearing away the animal hoards that have left our beloved mines decrepit. Alas we have yet to fully overcome the critter chaos, so if you happen to pass by a mine on any of your travels feel free to whack a yvrm over the head. Send me a report of your events and I will buy you an ale for every yvrm you whack! Speaking of whacking, the staff are convinced that the critter plague is a curse brought upon the mining lands due to my lying about the existence of my wife.

Oh, and if you do go hunting around the mines, please leave the zyrks alone. They are friends not food. If I find out you have touched their wondrous heads I will send at least one, perhaps two members of my staff to follow you around for a period of 48 hours yelling "SHAME" as you go about your business.

Please note that this punishment is not at all a double edged sword designed to make things as awkward as possible for the most unruly of the clerical staff. That would be petty.