[ORP] I Do: A Royal Fenian Wedding

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Akos

Re: [ORP] I Do: A Royal Fenian Wedding

Post by Akos »

Akos, as most were already aware, was not one for pomp or finery. And she was especially not prone to planning anything that might be described as such. Thankfully the bulk of the work in terms of wedding planning was done by her wife and others of her family, while Akos was able to content herself working away in her beloved mines. It was another story altogether though when it came to what she was to wear. It had already been settled that Aishe wished for their attire to be a surprise on the day, so it had been up to Akos and her twin sister, Sokanon, to try to come up with an idea for her outfit.

Neither sibling was much inclined towards fashion, so they had wisely sought outside council. An older woman, revered throughout North Mogwire Shire for her fine skills with a needle and thread was brought in to consult. The woman had walked away with a huff when the only guidance she had received from the Queen to be was "Mostly grey, a little black and maybe a touch of turquoise. Oh, and no dresses", while Sokanon had very helpfully added "Make her look like a hero!"

At the time Akos had thought the consultation hilarious, but when the time came to view the outfit she would admit to having some genuine nervousness. Aishe, and probably Zuan alike, would not be impressed if Akos turned up in something hideous. Thankfully though, the old seamstress proved to be as gifted as what her reputation inferred and Akos had been wholly satisfied and truly impressed by the woman's work.

The morning of the wedding itself went smoothly. A modest breakfast followed by a somewhat absurd level of pampering as various women Akos had invited from The Mog worked on making her presentable for the occasion. Akos' hair, now shiny and clean, had been styled to encourage it's natural wave, and rather than pin it up, the verdict from those gathered in the room was to keep the style simple. Her black waves fell to just below her ears, and the ladies had used some kind of concoction that would supposedly keep it from rapidly turning into her usual messy mop. Akos took a deep breath in to steel her nerves before turning to face her sister and the others gathered in the room, I just want to say thank you to everyone for being such a wonderful help. At this, she turned to speak directly to the women from the lands she had been so blessed to be the steward of, Ladies, I am so proud and so honoured to be your Baroness, your efforts and attention, and dare I say it, your friendship, has meant so much to me on such an important day.

As the women blushed and expressed their own thanks and appreciation, Akos offered a smile before allowing her sister to maneuver her into the beautiful fur cloak that had been a gift from her husband to be. Thick, floor length black wolf fur, the signature animal of the Kings house fell from her shoulders, held together by a turquoise clasp to represent her own house. Unlike Aishe, who for obvious reasons ran cold, Akos needed and appreciated the warmth the cloak offered her in the winter. She held out a hand to her sister, shall we? Sokanon nodded and in a blink of an eye they fell away into the shadows.

They reappeared within the confines of the cathedral. Akos cast an appreciative glance around the building and made a mental note to congratulate everyone who had contributed to enhancing an already breathtakingly beautiful building. With one final smile to her sister, Akos let Soka head off to take her seat then turned to find Serendipity. Still ensconced within her warm wolf cloak, she strode towards the redhead with purpose, Righto, I’m here she proclaimed, where do you need me?
Katie

Post by Katie »

Royce wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:12 am Royce had been seated quietly in a pew on the right side far in the corner. He preferred to distance himself from large crowds and only attended the wedding as a favor to his beloved Katie. He had scanned the room looking for her but did not spy her among all of the fabulously dressed people in attendance.

At last he spied her. She was dressed in her finest clothes and was just so breath taking to look upon. "Katie!" He called out to get her attention.
After reviewing the impressively adorned cathedral in all of its splendor, Katie heard a familiar voice adress her by name from the back, near where she stood. Pivoting to her right, she hastily glanced toward the rear corner of the cathedral. There he was so she beamed with delight as she padded across the shiny hardwood floor to greet him with a warm yet brief hug. Smiling, she whispered as she sat down beside him, "Tis so wonderful to see you here today, Royce. Thank you for attending the royal wedding with me."

Her emotions were instantly cheerful as she mused how lovely the day had suddenly become.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

As Valleria's Viceroy passed into the Cathedral, her gaze shifted into the carriage approaching, carrying the Bercaria crest. She watched with interest as a man, presumably a chef, exited the carriage followed by a man more ordinarily dressed. Aingeal was quick to leave the doorway, which was fine with her because another carriage was already pulling up behind them.

As Queen Janice was announced and approached, Serendipity gave a proper curtesy. With a respectful smile, she straightened up and smoothed over any wrinkles across her abdomen.

On behalf of the High King, welcome to Fenia. I hope your journey here was swift. We have saved Your Majesty seats up front for good viewing. Serendipity paused for a moment. And if I may be so bold to say, Your Majesty's dress is stunning. Enjoy the ceremony.

Queen Janice moved along and soon stood before her the ordinary man from the Bercaria carriage. Serendipity's eyes flicked past him for the briefest of moments, not spotting Aingeal nor the chef near. With a smile, she inclined her head respectfully. On behalf of the High King, welcome to the Viceroyalty of Fenia. If you head down the aisle, we have seats reserved in the front for our foreign dignitaries and representatives.

With Bercaria sorted, a young witch who she recognized appeared. With a warm smile, the redhead's head inclined respectfully once again. Vicerine Alex, Aishe will be pleased to see you made it. Will and Ari are towards the middle on the left side, I believe, if you want to go sit with them. I can direct any other Braedens that arrive that way too.

The flow of creatures was persistent now, but perhaps the most dramatic of approaches was Logo. Serendipity caught wind of his chime, which split her lips into a grin. She knew from Aishe's complaints that it was a rare sight to see Logo these days, even with his trading ventures drawing him into Fenia land. She gave an enthusiastic wave. Aishe will be most pleased to see you here, Logo. Please, carefully, make yourself at home!

The approach of a sea captain overtook her attention. An eyebrow quirked for moment, but it was quickly covered with a respectful nod as the captain introduced himself. With a smile, she greeted him with words that were surely going to echo her dreams tonight.

On behalf of the High King, welcome to Fenia. I hope we do not pull you from your sea ventures for too long. We have seats up front for you. The ceremony will be starting soon.

With New Fulleria present and greeted, she gave a quick peck on the cheek to the next creature - Skye. After a compliment regarding her beautiful dress, Serendipity motioned towards the front seats where the other Sanchari's were. She watched both Skye and Mallory go off before returning her attention to arriving guests.

Ella and Rosalie were next. Serendipity beamed down at the young 'child', admiring her dress. Amara was already hanging around with Serendipity since Aingeal popped off with the chef. She told the girls to keep close, but offered the aisle to Ella to find a seat, assuring that she had the girls.

Next to arrive was Argenth and Faranni. With a warm smile, Serendipity welcomed them to the Grand Cathedral. Welcome. I am Serendipity Vale, protector of the brides. You are most welcomed; I hope you two will attend the ball afterwards as well for refreshments and dancing. Please, find a seat and make yourself comfortable. We shall be beginning shortly.

Serendipity motioned to her right, noting how full the Cathedral was growing. Nothing like a Royal wedding to bring folks together, she supposed. Mallory returned from checking on the children of the brides with idle hands. It was not long after that a blonde woman and orc approached and hugged Mallory, while Serendipity offered a smile. She let Mallory handle the pair, since they were acquainted, and proceeded to greeting the next creature.

Another blonde approached, with invitation in hand. Smile wide, Serendipity gave Katie a hearty greeting before welcoming her inside, handing the invitation back in case the woman was one for keepsakes. She recognized her from their time living in Bravia and she knew Aishe would be thrilled to see more old friends.

She then carried on. She welcomed Thartis, motioning towards the quickly filling seats of the Cathedral. John was next, who seemed to be in a rush, but Serendipity gave assurance that nothing had officially started yet and so there was time to breathe. With Grayson's arrival, Serendipity pointed out the group of Braeden's amongst the pews. She welcomed Lucien inside next, yet another unfamiliar face amongst the growing crowd. Serendipity could not resist but commenting on the exquisiteness of Joanna's blue gown as the were-dragon passed.

Her attention was pulled from the throng of creatures as Akos approached. The grin that grew was unlike the previous ones; it was full of outright joy and brimming with love. She knew that her girls had gotten ready separately today, per Aishe's insistence, so she did not bother a glance around to check for the vampire. Instead, Serendipity gave the raven haired bride a kiss on either cheeks, trying to get a gander of the dress hidden beneath the ridiculously thick cloak.

Didn't you clean up well. Not a speck of coal on you. The tease was paired with a brief glance over, just to make sure she was right. Akos took her position as Baroness very seriously and it was almost cute that she had the people of North Mogwire Shire assist in her preparations, but they were a mining people from a mining barony. It was not necessarily the cleanest of places. I have your flower girls right here; they are eagerly awaiting their big debut. Aishe, however, has not arrived yet. It's about that time, however...

She fell quiet, instead listening to the growing rumble from the golem at the other end of the Cathedral. It would be an interesting ceremony, given the echo from the high ceilings and Chronicler 2873's enthusiasm. While the golem spoke, Serendipity did a sweeping glance of the courtyard outside in search of the missing bride.
Bond to Aeton Sanchari | Mother of Zipporah, Yara, Nox, Eydahl, Eydís, Juniper, & Valen
Lady of the Vale | Guardian Protector to Aishe, Akos & co. | BDR Natsia | (Aishe Art)
Royce

Post by Royce »

The steady murmur of the crowd fell instantly quiet as Royce watched Katie approach. He always felt at peace when Katie was near him.
After their brief but satisfying embrace, Katie sat down beside him.
"I would not have missed the chance to out with you." he said to her.

Royce's face flushed red a little as he thought about his relationship with Priestess Katie.

"what plans dost you have for later? he asked.
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

OOC: 1) Apologies for the delay. RL holidays pulled me away big time! 2) Feel free to be present at the start of the ceremony, even if you have not posted your arrival before this post. We would personally prefer little to no "I'm running late and bursting into the Cathedral" interruptions during the ceremony! Thank you.

---------------------------------

There was a slight tremble in her hands, but that was the only sign of nerves. The bride sat at a vanity table, tucked away in her chambers and away from the overcast world. The room had been a bustle all morning, yet in that moment, silence clung to the air. She relished it because she knew that when she left her room, silence was not going to be found for the rest of the day. Once she stepped out of this room, the day would speed by and be over before she knew it. Perhaps that is why she lingered, rubbing a bit of extra blush on her cheeks in attempt to mask her paleness.

Hair on the back of her neck rose, sensing a presence behind her that had not been there a second ago. Quirking a brow, she looked over her should to see Nisha in the center of the room. The raven haired woman was now dressed in formal attire, ready to go, unlike earlier this morning. Nisha had been one of the few to help her get ready and she was also the bride's "ride" to the Cathedral, skipping an unnecessary step of horse and carriage and allowing her to get ready in the comfort of her home.

Setting the brush down, Aishe rose to her feet. Her hands pressed against the fabric of her abdomen to suppress the shake, offering up a smile. They had a very... Complex relationship. As Aishe and Nisha, they were daughter-in-law and mother-in-law. That relationship, in itself, had started extremely strained and it was still not one of much warmth. The origin of Sokanon and Akos had come out last year, but was still a well kept family secret. As Akos's soulmate, there was much Aishe blamed Nisha for. And yet, a conflicting side of Aishe felt for Nisha. It was that side, Ehsia Kuhlash, that held so much love and pain for the woman standing before her. The long lost daughter of great Natsia, the princess who was taken from her bed and put through a lifetime of suffering. The woman who should be long dead, just as Ehsia had died fifteen hundred years ago.

Every time Nisha was near, the inner conflict between Aishe and Ehsia ensued. Aishe, admittedly, wanted to hate Nisha for abandoning the twins at birth. Ehsia was far too overwhelmed with the opposite, wanting to take every moment she could to be the mother she did not get to be for Nisha. It was with affection that the latter part of her soul came through in this moment, How do I look, Khalida...?

Ah, a tremble in her voice gave way to the butterflies in her stomach. She now wished that she had not been so adamant about Akos and her getting ready separately. It seemed silly, standing here alone with the woman who was technically both her daughter and her mother-in-law. Akos and her had spent the night together, to have one night to themselves before their marriage opened to another. With the early morning rays, however, Akos poofed off to the Mog and Aishe remained in their Imperius housing. The bustle of the house picked up after that - Cathrina came by as promised to help Aishe with her hair. Serendipity brought morning snacks and drinks. Nisha mostly observed, going off occasionally to see Akos and Soka. She swore Rannek popped in for a hot second, but honestly, she was now wondering if she imagined seeing the man who was becoming her guard and knight amongst the morning chaos.

Nisha's voice drew her back to the present. For a few moments, they exchanged soft spoken words in perhaps what was one of the closest mother-daughter moments they had yet to share. Aishe bought more time of privacy by needlessly fidgeting with her bouquet, but in the end, it was time. It was finally time to get married. Again. A nervous vampire took the hand of Nisha and watched the room disappear behind a swirl of black.

As the shadows cleared, the Cathedral came into view. Blue eyes were quick to take it all in. The seats were very full, causing her eyes to widen in surprise. Was stage fright for a wedding a thing? Because if it were, she was definitely feeling it. It was all one big production anyway, was it not? They were marrying a King, after all. Inhaling sharply, her attention was drawn by someone grabbing her arm. Turning her head, she found Akos mere inches from her face and all of the racing thoughts halted. Her expression was overcome with a heartfelt smile. Serendipity was chattering away, telling Nisha to go sit and motivating the two flower girls in preparation of their debut. Aishe did not pay much attention to her guardian, instead clearing the figurative frog from her throat. She wiggled her brows at her wife.

Fancy seeing you here.

Akos rolled her eyes, but the grin was otherwise mimicked. Bright eyes made an attempt to peer under the wolf fur, wearing none of her own. No, for this, she was the odd one out. Her gown was made of fabric and delicate lace, in a pale, yet vibrant, turquoise. It was bold, but as the pillar of the Sanchari family, she was representing her family well. There was no veil as some cultures dictated, her own included. Instead, her long hair was braided and twisted, held by pins with flowers tucked away that matched both her bouquet and the decor around the Cathedral (and ballroom, as they'd later see). While Akos had fur draped around her shoulders, Aishe had turquoise fabric that hung there, falling in a dramatic sweep behind her. The underside of the fabric was grey, a colour for Winterbourne. But perhaps most striking, in her opinion, was the hand sewn designs of the house sigils amongst the sea of floral lace. The dance of a wolf and unicorn, portraying the marriage in a beautiful form. From the back, one could see a pop of white, another colour of her husband's family. It was not a colour one saw often on the Roma, as it was a colour for mourning, but it did not carry the same meaning in Fenian culture and it was for that culture she wore the bits of white lace over her bare back. With the high neck of her gown, she wore no necklace, but she had on a pair of simple gold and pearl earrings, enhancing the pop of gold pins in her hair. The gold carried down to the wedding rings she wore from her marriage with Akos, but otherwise, the vampire was oddly absent of jewelry.

Amongst her getting lost in Akos's eyes, music began to play and the conversation of creatures quietened. She was grateful that they would be walking each other down the aisle. At the urge of Serendipity, Amara and Rosalie began their trek down the aisle in a proud display of what a flower girl could do. A mix of shadow petals and real red and white petals left a trail of breadcrumbs towards the alter for the brides to follow. With a steadying inhale, Aishe steeled herself up and put the butterflies to rest. Fingers entwined, the two soon-to-be queens of Fenia began down the aisle themselves, towards their groom, their King, and their new chapter in life.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Chronicler

Post by Chronicler »

When a union is bound in a ritual it is tradition that higher powers are called upon to witness and protect It. This day the beings called upon will be those that wander the impossible abyss beyond, the unreality beyond the borders of reality. #2873 requests that all gathered here to witness this rite, stand and be a symbolic representations for these beings. As The Aishe and The Akos walk through the cathedral the darkness of the abyss will decent upon it, stand and be known!

As Akos and Aishe entered the cathedral proper and walked through the first opening in the circles it closed and Chronicler #2873 rumbled.
The barrier against outsiders, may all those seeking to unmake this union fall to the absoluteness of death!
With these words the parts of the cathedral outside the outer circle were shrouded in an illusion of the deepest abyssal darkness.

As Akos and Aishe stepped past the next circle, it too closed.
The barrier against the gods. May not even the machinations of the most just and benign among them interfere with this union, lest the abyss embrace them!
The illusion expanded, shrouding the area between the outer and second circle.

As with the first 2 circles, when Akos and Aishe stepped through the next one it too closed and again the golem rumbled.
The barrier that wards against death, may the abyss hold it at bay for those bound in this union
The illusion expanded once more, shrouding ever more of the cathedral in darkness, but now it didn’t stop and followed the brides closely, leaving only a tiny area in front of the altar visible.

The final barrier closes, the barrier that wards against the self, against the mistakes and uncontrolled passions of those to be bound. May not battles for ones honor, may not grand acts to prove oneself or stray passions, may not selfishness nor foolishness, may not exhaustion nor desperation break this union asunder.

With these words the decorations on Chronicler #2873 began to vibrate and eventually small crystal flasks full of sanctified royal oils shattered, raining down tiny pieces of crystal and fat droplets of oil on the groom and brides.

MAY ALL THOSE THAT WATCH THESE RITES FROM THE ABYSS, AS ETERNAL GUARDIANS OF THIS UNION, NOW HEAR YOUR OATHS!
made by aishe