Tournament: Réúnen Luza, Festival of Light

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

tigerlily

Re: Tournament: Réúnen Luza, Festival of Light

Post by tigerlily »

Name ([IG Name]): Tigerlily
Experience [IG Level]: 5
Tournament: Yes
"Run with Lady Luck" Melee: Yes

If I'm too late, I will stay and watch the competition.
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

I thought we may have a few last minutes, so I extended the deadline without telling anyone to catch those creatures! :D

List will be created in a few hours, and so will the rules be released. Thank you everyone!

If you are NOT in Fenia City and still wish to participate, please contact me ASAP privately.

- Queen Aishe -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

OOC: Please join the ORP here! RP is encouraged!!

Announcements will continue in this thread. Participants will also get follow-up PM's IG.

DUELS - LIST OF CONTESTANTS:

Tier One:
Madeleifie VS (Waiting Confirmation)
Note: If no competitor is confirmed, then Miss Madeleifie automatically wins.

Tier Two:
Adamus VS Skye

Tier Three:
Duke_of_Earl Vs. Akos
Vhagar Vs. Silenus
Tigerlily Vs. Vulkan
Rannek Vs. Catherina
Anessen Vs. Misty

Tier Four:
Mazork Vs. Aingeal

----------------------------------------

DUELS - THE RULES:

Overall:
Anyone can use healing aids between duels!
Duels based on skill [stat-based duels only].
Duel to moderate injury.

Tier One, Tier Two:
All weapons, style of combat, orbs, and armour allowed.
Restriction: No spells, special skills, potions.

Tier Three, Tier Four:
Anything goes, including: any equipment, spells, healing, special skills, and potions.

RUN WITH LADY LUCK MELEE PARTICIPANTS:

Madeleifie
Adamus
Skye
Duke_of_Earl
Akos
Vhagar
Silenus
Tigerlily
Vulkan
Rannek
Catherina
Anessen
Misty
Mazork
Aingeal

Pairings will be randomly assigned as people fall out of the tournament!

MELEE - RULES:

Luck runs amok! [Luck-based duels]
Duel to moderator injury.
Restrictions: No weapons. No armour. No orbs. No healing. No spells. No potions.
(Anyone can use healing aids between duels!)
Good luck. ;)
Last edited by Aishe on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
[Art | Historian ]
Vhagar

Post by Vhagar »

Why is there no standard on whether this is first blood, 5 points, 5 rounds, moderate or severe injury or death? I asked but did not get an answer.
Anessen

Post by Anessen »

Past tournaments have all been to severe injury and I would imagine this one would be the same. That said, I sent Mallory a letter this morning asking for clarification on the duel type as well as spell use but have not yet received a response. Chances are they have not yet received the message.
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Hi! Sorry about that I got a little excited helping with my first big event. This will be a duel to moderate injury. Please forgive my error.
Vhagar

Post by Vhagar »

Firstly, this is not on you. The Queen should have included this information in her initial advertising for this event.

Participants have already started duels that are all over the board rather than a standard set of parameters because rather than asking, they guessed, That hardly seems a fair and standard test. And my own opponent is refusing to duel under these parameters.

It seems that this event was a bit rushed into and now is chaos.
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

I apologize for the clerical oversight and confusion. We can wipe the slate clean and restart the duels on Tuesday, once everyone has had a chance to recover. If participants wish to keep the status of their initial duel, it can be used as the official duel, but it is encouraged that they re-duel and consider the first one a warm up. If they keep the original outcome, it must be mutually agreed and confirmed to the Royal Secretary.

Informational mails will be dispatched soon conveying this to each participant.

If you have suggestions or wish to help with the tournaments now, General, I would direct you to the discussion room that has been dedicated for this festival since May 7th, in the privy. All help is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

OOC: For additional clarifications, I have also added that orbs are allowed for the duels and not for the melee. Healing is allowed for tiers 3-4, as part of the "anything goes", but is now specified.
[Art | Historian ]
Vhagar

Post by Vhagar »

I assumed you had fought a duel before and understood that such a detail would be important without my having to say so, so I hope you can forgive me for not advising such in the privy before launch.

I also didn't see the point in pointing it out only in privy when I first sent private messages and at least one other had already asked publicly. And I still don't.

Thank you, Your Majesty.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

I assume there's no problem if both parties agree to additional rules? In our case, Aingeal wants to duel without armour, skills and spells, and I'm fine with that.