Mo Gra'ath (My Treasure)

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Morjiana

Re: Mo Gra'ath (My Treasure)

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana sensed nothing to suggest the creature was being in any way disingenuous as she tentatively reached for Varann's aura. She had, on occasion, accidentally shocked the aura of one she tried to explore since the acquisition of the powers that had not been her birthright, so she felt gingerly around what she perceived as the edges of Varann's aura as she sought the truth of this being.

"What delayed you?" she asked softly, not wanting to push Varann overly much on what was clearly a painful matter, but equally unwilling to endorse a marriage without full knowledge of what and who she endorsed. She had never thought she might welcome a gaje in to her family, but her family was much more gaje than Roma these days, and she had found that not all of the gaje were distasteful, or even unworthy of kinship.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Varann

Post by Varann »

trying to keep the bitterness out of xer voice xie gave a simple summery as to what happen. I had been in Fenia City doing some mercenary work for the mayor when i recieved a letter calling me back to Widu. unfortunatly it got to me too late and by the tine I arrived back the battle was over. xer aura gave of a feeling of immense age and emotional conflict tightly bound by self discipline
Last edited by Varann on Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Mele lowered her eyes at that part and recalling the time she had found Varann in Widu to explore the loss of xer friend, wondered, based on the time frame if protecting her had been part of what delayed Varann. She would never voice the question, because she wasn't sure she could live easily with the answer. Still, she could not keep her face hidden so she schooled her face into as neutral of an expression as she could accomplish and looked up again, trying to pretend nonchalance.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana let the silence following this stretch out to a length that might have been uncomfortable for many. Her niece was an open book and required no special abilities to know her truth. This Varann seemed genuine as well, but it was hard to know and hard to welcome a gaje to the family, too. She had accepted the other gaje marriages without any voice in the matter, only because it was better to accept the gaje than to disown her kin. She swirled the last of her tea gently in its cup as she considered.

"Very well," she said at length. "Then I offer a challenge. If you succeed, you will have my approval and faithful support for your marriage within the natsia. Bring to my niece that which will make her most happy, and to me, the same."
Varann

Post by Varann »

smiles gentally and takes out of xer bag a large book wrapped in an oil cloth and offers it to Mallory.
"this is something I have never shared with anyone else except those whom are mentioned in it. it details all of what was done to me and the unit i was with before and after the fall of my homeland. I hope in giving you this that my love and trust come through."
Xie then turns to Morjiana "I know the most important thing to Mallory is love and acceptance these are things that have no phyiscal weight or monetary value but they are the core of who she is and I will do every thing in my power to give her an equal of that which she give me.
So given that and what I know I promise to you Morjiana that I will never do something that will hurt Mallory or the family that she holds most dear to her heart. I hope that will satisfy your challenge"
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

She watched Varann dig in xer bag, her eyes widening slightly. She didn't even recall seeing it before, but perhaps she had. She took the book as it was offered and clutched it to her chest, her eyes bright. Varann knew how much not knowing things upset and bothered her. That xie was willing to share so much knowledge, much personal information made Mele's eyes widen the slightest bit further. She sat, her eyes glowing with excitement, debating unwrapping and reading the book right then and there, but she realized that that would be rude. "Ves'tacha! Thank you. You don't know what this means." she shook her head softly, almost relenting and refusing the gift, but then she realized her need to know more would eat at her like wildfire. "Thank you." she turned to her aunt, "I'm here with my family, the one I wish to build, and the matriarch of my own. It is family and love that makes me happy, but the knowing xie has offered? It makes me safe."
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana's lips thinned, an expression common enough for her, but this time it was to repress a smile. She gave her skirts a business like brush of her hands and rose. "That's setteled then," she said simply. "I will expect a wedding invitation soon," she said as she saw herself out the door, knowing the lovers would likely prefer some time alone now.
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

She sat a moment her mind scrambling to catch up with what her aunt had said, by the time words made it from her mouth the door to her vardo was already shut, she raced to the door, book clutched to her chest and called out, "Expect one soon." before turning back to Varann with a smile broad across her face. "She said yes." she said, blinking, her green eyes wide, "She said YES." she couldn't help bouncing up and down on her toes. She never let go of the book as she nestled against Varann as much as possible, "SHE SAID YES!" she repeated again a bit more excited as she began to fully process, "Oh goddess save us, now we have to plan."