Stick and Block - A repair shop in Fenia City

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Texas_Knight

Stick and Block - A repair shop in Fenia City

Post by Texas_Knight »

Greetings all Fenians! I have come to announce that I have opened a repair shop in Fenia City. I will buy scraps at reasonable cost, and I will accept donations as well. The more reasonable I can buy scraps, the more reasonable I can keep my costs.

For inquiries send a messenger to see me or come in person to see me in Fenia City.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Texas_Knight

Re: Stick and Block - A repair shop in Fenia City

Post by Texas_Knight »

Any interested just send me a note and I'll get right on it.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

Anyone wishing to have any items repaired let me know. Anything from ships to shields we can make new again!
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola entered her beloved's shop, looking around at all the accoutrements of his trade. "So what exactly do you work on here, my love?" she asked him. "I may have need of your services at some point and would like to know what I can expect," she stated, as though she was nothing more than a potential client. The smile and wink she gave him would give away her true position, but that was between them and no other.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

"Ah, M'Lady Nikola" TK says with a wink "I can repair anything you have that you want to have repaired. Anything from a plain sword to a diamond encrusted sword to a Galleon boat. If it can take wear and tear, then I can fix it. And I'm good with my hands so when it's a minor repair it'll be 10% better than it was when you brought it in. Or if you want a major repair it will be 25% better than when you brought it in."
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola walked around the shop, examining this item, or that tool as he explained how things worked. "That is good to know, m'lord," she said, genuinely interested. "Klah stems are increasingly difficult to come by, for me at least, and so some of my items I have had to let deteriorate." She mentally went through a list of what might be useful to have repaired at the shop. "Perhaps I shall bring some things in to see what you can do with them. What would your prices be?"
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK watched as his love went about the shop picking up a tool here and there and examining the shop. He thought it was almost as if she were at the market and looking to get some fruit. Prices, he hadn't set any specific prices as of yet since his shop had only been open a short time. "Well my dear lady, it would depend on the item, the type of repair (minor or major), and whether the supplies were furnished by the customer or by the shop. If I were to do a minor repair on, say a simple sword the material needed was provided by the customer, I would only charge for labor. That would be 20 freznics. If I had to provide the materials then the cost would be passed on to the customer with a small mark-up. If it were a major repair then the cost would be 40 freznics, with the same conditions on the repair materials. I already have a stock of some materials, and what I don't have, I'm sure with the right networking I could come by to facilitate any repairs that may be needed." He added that last part just in case she would be able to help locate some of the items that were more difficult to acquire.

"So would the lady like to have something repaired?"
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

"Let me think," she responded and mentally reviewed her armory and tool shed. "Oh, one thing that is just way too expensive to continue trying to repair with holy resins is my metal golum. Poor thing took quite a beating during the battle to free Widu. I have done some repairs, but it's only up to 62.1%. I have a couple scraps of iron and some odd rocks, but I'm not sure what would be required to repair it outside of the holy resins. Would that be a job you might be able to tackle?" she asked. "Most of my equipment I try to keep around 90%, but they deteriorate so quickly, I run through the holy resins so I have been using them as sparingly as I can get away with. However, I might be persuaded to let you do some repairs to get them back to pristine shape at some point." She smiled and winked, enjoying the flirtatious way they were conducting real business. "Oh! I also have a golden shield and a golden helmet that are down to around 30%. Once they get below a percentage that would be too costly in terms of holy resins, I just let them deteriorate and buy replacements to have ready when they are no longer of any use. But if you could repair them? I have only 1 scrap of gold, but quite a few gold pieces if you can use those."
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK smiled as he listened to the items. "I have the materials to repair a metal golem. I am actually repairing mine as we speak." He directed her attention to the large form he was working on in the corner of the shop. "I'm only doing a minor repair since he isn't too badly beat up. But in your case I think a major repair would be more prudent. For that it would be 40 freznics, but if you donated scraps I would knock off a percentage based on the amount of scraps."

As she started talking about golden items he couldn't help but let a little smirk appear. The two were really quite opposite when it came to what they preferred to arm and defend themselves with in battle. He preferred the bone items and this lovely, golden haired lady preferred the gold. What woman wouldn't prefer gold over bone? Gold was probably a close second to diamonds as being a lady's best friend. He smiled as he stood there listening to her. "My dear Lady Nikola, I'd be glad to either purchase the scraps you get from scrapping the items, or repair the beautiful gold items you have that need repairing. I think I've got enough scraps lying around to do a couple major repairs on each item to get them back up where you want their quality to stay. I have bought items from the market just to turn into scraps so I could stock the shop. But that is only when the price is right. Drop your things by the shop and I'll see to it that they are repaired to the Lady's satisfaction."
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola considers his response and is quite pleased about her metal golem. The creature had served her well and it had pained her to leave it in such bad repair. The gold, though. After some thought, she nodded decisively. "I will bring the golem right away. The gold pieces that I have already bought replacements for I think I will scrap and bring the pieces to you for your use on the items I do not already have replacements for. I will pay your price and perhaps tip you with dinner at Firestorm Manor. So I think we have ourselves a deal!"

She smiled and then kissed him long and slow before releasing him to head home to gather the golem and other items she had promised to bring.