Changing destiny -CRP

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Aileigh

Re: Changing destiny -IRP

Post by Aileigh »

Aileigh sat alongside her friend in silence, allowing her time to adjust to the situation. She felt bad for her friend, but not so much that she regretted her choice of forcing the man out. She sincerely hoped she would never see his face again. Just imagining him returning made her knuckles white from anger. She shook her head lightly and took a breath. She felt like she would tear his head off on sight. Would she? Could she?

The question came as expected. She tried her best to summon up a sympathetic smile, even though she was far from sorry he was gone.

"He left. I don't think he'll be coming back. He knows you are not alone and will be well looked after." Technically, it was not untrue. He knew now what stood between him and Elisa. When Elisa apologized, she offered a light scoff in attempt to just brush it off. "Serendipity hits harder in training."

Okay, that was a bit of a lie. Serendipity went easy on her... Or Aileigh was alert enough to block such hits. Still, she placed her hands on her lap and shrugged. "Honestly, it's okay. It's hardly your fault. You do not need to apologize. Besides, he apologized before he left."

And there was a full lie. She shifted slightly, hoping the lie gave Elisa a little bit of peace. The missing cloth was noticed then, a blush rising to her cheeks.

"I'm sorry -- was that important? I just grabbed the first thing I found. I'm sorry! I know how to get the blood out. Kind of a, uh, common issue in my house. As a matter of fact... Let's have a sleepover? I can clean it tonight and, uh, I'd feel better if you weren't alone. So, your place or mine? Mine has popcorn."
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Seer of BDR | Viscountess of Ettinford
Wife to Thea | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, Lenora, Ezra, & Imogen
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
| Sanchari Family [Profile]
Elisa

Re: Changing destiny -IRP

Post by Elisa »

Elisa nodded when Aileigh told her that her father had left. Perhaps she should have been glad? Now she could stay here. Yet she wasn’t, instead tears came to her eyes despite her attempt to swallow them back. It was a little challenging to grasp. First she had to pack to go with him and now he had left without her. He had left and wasn’t coming back… Her brain quickly came up with an answer for this. Of course she had no idea of what had happened while she was out, so those events weren’t in the explanation she came up with. No, it was clear to her now she had only just been punished and only just a little later she already went against her father. She had ignored his order and went to the door. On top of this she had gone against her father by trying to stop him from hitting Aileigh. She had broken the rules one time too many and now he was done with her. She had been so bad her own father didn’t want her any more. First her mother and now her father…

Even if she loved living here, she did love her father as well and had always felt conflicted about this. She would need time to place it and even more time to see things in a different way. Right now she felt abandoned and believed it was her own fault, and it hurt. Luckily Aileigh continued the conversation and she could distract herself a bit with that. The mental image of Aileigh fighting was an interesting one. She had known her friend surrounded by books, not weapons. She was glad her father had apologised to Aileigh, she believed her friend and didn’t press on about it. After all he did sometimes apologise to her as well. He had the talent of putting the blame on her though, even with an apology. It would have been her making him do it.

Aileigh brought mention to the cloth, and now her father was gone she could just as well bring it back up. So she did, holding it on her lap for a little while before handing it to Aileigh. “you can get the blood out?” She asked hopefully. “I don’t think it’s very valuable or anything” She started off, but this wasn’t fully true. The fabric was from a better quality. Even if it was old, this could still be noticed. It had been a better quality fabric then the dresses she had owned before coming here anyway. It wasn’t compared to Aileigh’s clothes though. “It was my doll’s, her dress I mean. I always had her, as far as I can remember anyway… She was my friend and made me feel safe when I had her” She spoke with a smile, brought forward by the memory. After a little moment the smile disappeared again. "But then I got too old for a doll and had to get rid of her…But I didn’t want to… I was bad and kept the dress… I’m not supposed to have it…” She had turned her gaze down while telling this. Knowing it was yet again an example of her breaking the rules, soon Aileigh might not want to be her friend any more…like her dad had left…

“I managed to hide it until I could sow it into my dress, it was hidden on the inside” She was unsure if she had to keep talking, had explained enough, or had told too much. She decided to leave it at this. It was probably silly, it was just a piece of fabric after all, but she liked it. The embroidery she found pretty, owning it made her feel a little special since it was of a finer quality with embroidery! But more importantly was that it made her feel good. The most important element however, though she would probably not admit to it: there was a chance the doll came from her mother. It would in that case be the only thing she had of her. In the moments when she believed her mother was dead, and hadn’t left her, this was the greatest treasure to her.
Then Aileigh brought her out of her thoughts and placed her for a difficult choice. A sleepover? Part of her wanted to, longing to have company. The other part wanted to be alone, to be sad and cry privately…

She looked around her room, her gaze lingering on the only bed… She could sleep on the fur Mele got her and let Aileigh sleep on the bed. But a princess in a straw bed on the floor? She couldn’t do that, could she? Though it was all she could offer. Going to Aileigh’s then? She hesitated “will there be other people?” She let her hair fall down, covering her face. Only now realising the state of it, and that there was someone here that could see it. Embarrassed she looked down. She didn’t like to be seen hurt. She found it embarrassing, people knowing she had been punished. Not that there were many people when she lived with her dad, but he did had people staying at the site from time to time and friends of him coming over. Not that many though, especially since they lived remotely. Her father didn’t like strangers much so he wanted to avoid coming across them if he could. He seemed to believe they were dangerous, and so did she… at least until she came here and noticed most people were actually nice. She took a deep breath trying to come back to the present and leave the memories for now. Another glance at her room showed her all the boxes and packed items. Even her dad’s belt was still on the table… So many things to bring back the events of today, and her father leaving her… Perhaps she should go to Aileigh’s? No memories there, and being with her friend would be a good distraction. It always was nice to spend time with her friends. But the palace.. there were many people there. She didn’t really want people to know. Perhaps she could hide it? Just keep her hair in front of her face and try to act normal.. she could do that right? “maybe your place? Can it be just us?’
thanks to Aishe for the banner
Aileigh

Re: Changing destiny -CRP

Post by Aileigh »

As time passed, the night was forgotten. Or well, not forgotten, but was no longer pressing on their daily lives. Aileigh got more protective over her friend, cautious the father may return. Elisa seemed less worried - sad, even. Aileigh did her best to fill the hole left behind by that awful man. She was completely convinced her friend was better off. After a while, things got back to normal.

Until one day, when Aileigh popped into her mother’s office. She was just coming by to ask Aishe about the weekly allowance she was now getting. Her mothers thought it was time for Aileigh to learn how to handle finance, while she enjoyed the freedoms of her own budget. It was not a large allowance though, which was why Aileigh wanted to speak to her mother. She hoped to get a new dress for her friend, in celebration of the approaching season change. Unfortunately, her budget was not entirely enough and the weaver’s time was limited.

The conversation was short lived when bright eyes landed on the desk before her. Peeking out from under a stack of papers was colourful calligraphy. It was very eye-catching, but it was not the text she saw. It was an imagine at the top. Her sentence stopped short, looking up to Aishe.

“What is that?” She motioned to the half hidden parchment.

“What? This? It’s a wedding invitation.” Matching eyes seemed puzzled as Aishe withdrew it from the pile and extended it towards her daughter to examine. Aileigh quickly took it into her own hands, shaking her head to herself.

“Don’t worry about the money. I’ll figure it out.” Her words were rushed as she retreated for the door, invitation in hand. “ Mm’k, thanks, bye Dai!”

She practically ran down the hall after she escaped the viceroy’s office. What did this mean? Her mind raced faster than her feet, heading in the only direction she could think may have answers.

The record hall was well-kept. When Zuan became king, record keeping became a priority, since much had been lost in the destruction of the last royal castle. She had spent time amongst the records curiously, eager to learn more about the new land that was now her home. Because of this, she knew her way around and the record keeper recognized her. He gave a cheerful greeting, but otherwise left her to her own devices as she began to navigate through the shelves. Upon finding what she was looking for, she pulled out the heavy book and found a comfortable spot to read.

After several hours and sorting through additional documents, the Princess fled the castle and headed towards town. The sun had set, which likely meant her friend had gone home from her apprenticeship. Impatiently, she rapped her knuckles on the worn door to Elisa’s cottage.

“You are NOT going to believe what I just found!” She blurted when the door opened. She didn’t bother with a hello - no, this was far too important to waste time on pleasantries! Eagerly, she thrusted the invitation at Elisa. “Recognize something?”
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Seer of BDR | Viscountess of Ettinford
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

It had been a conflicting time for Elisa, after her dad had left. She had needed a couple of days to heal physically. Mental healing didn’t go as fast unfortunately. It was hard for her to make sense of it all, to find a logic…although you can argue there is no need for emotions to be logical. Her feelings were conflicting. On the one side, she felt really sad her father had left, abandoned. But hadn’t she ran away herself first? Of course it hadn’t been her intention, it had been an emotional reaction and she’d just gotten lost. It had been only after she couldn’t find her way home that she had joined Mantas in his travels, ending up in Widu. After living in widu, making friends, magical friends… who were good in tracking… She hadn’t asked them to search for her home. In fact she had kept it a secret as long as she could, or tried to anyway. She didn’t want to be send back, yet at the same time she felt guilty for it and did miss her father. She had been happy to see him again but this hadn’t been very long lived. To make sense of these conflicting emotions remained difficult still but they were turned more to a background again, life continuing its way. In the end she had decided she was happy she now got to stay here, with all her friends and freedom. She had always imagined that later, when she was older, she might try and find her father again. But at an age where he wouldn’t be the boss of her anymore and she could keep living where she wanted. Would there be such an age? It didn’t matter anymore now anyway, her father had left her now. Despite her feelings not being sorted fully, daily life had taken over and her main concerns had slowly shifted again as the height of the emotions had passed. School, work, food, events in tavern… There were plenty of distractions to choose from. And that they certainly did, she was learning lots of new things, some might even say too many at the same time. It was keeping her quite busy. So much so that it took her a while to catch on when Aileigh was at the door.

She had barely opened the door to find Aileigh standing there, thrusting a piece of paper into her hands. Confused she looked at it, Aileigh seemed very excited about it. Her first instinct was to try and read it. Her reading had improved by lots of practice, but she was still rather slow at it, and longer words still could cause difficulties. She had just about figured out it was about a wedding when she was asked if she recognised something. Confused she looked up to her friend, frowning slightly ‘Aileigh, what is this? ‘ Not able to figure out what she had to do with this wedding. As she turned her eyes down at the invite again, this time just looking down and not trying to read. Her eyes fell on the images.., suddenly she recognised it, her eyes widening, looking back up. Aileigh? She asked again, what did this mean? Was it a coincidence? Did it mean anything? Was she in trouble?
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

Aileigh gave her friend a moment. She imagined the calligraphy grabbed her attention, but may have been a bit difficult to decipher. Thankfully, that wasn’t what Aileigh was on about. She saw the realization hit Elisa when her eyes ignored the text to focus on what really mattered.

”Soooooooo!!” She started with enthusiasm, moving past Elisa to enter the house. Once the door was shut, she went on with exasperated hand gestures and intense facial expressions.

“I went to go talk to my mother and this was on her desk. It’s a wedding invitation, but obviously that’s not what got my attention. Why was the symbol you have on your doll’s dress atop the invite?! Well, I know what you’re thinking, because you’re my best friend and I know how your brain works - I don’t think you have to worry. BECAUSE I took the liberty of heading down to the records room to investigate if there was more to this.

And boy did I find something interesting! What do you know about the Everharts? Bah, nevermind, because they are not very known anyway. Which, by the way, makes this even more interesting.

So get this - you know Cordelia? I know you do. So, her parents had two daughters: Cordelia and her younger sister, Elisabeth. When Cordelia was six, and Elisabeth was two, she went missing. Elisabeth that is - obviously Cordelia did not. Family records have her recorded as deceased, but no body was ever found.

Cordelia is not at court right now; she returned to Hart Helm and her mother is there too. So, I could not ask them about this disappearance. It’s weird because there’s nothing mentioned for Elisabeth after her disappearance. They never had a funeral and I’ve spent some time with Cordelia and she’s never mentioned a sister. She’s always seemed like an only child. No one in the royal family has even hinted otherwise. I wonder why.”

Her ramble stopped, attention fixing back to Elisa. “Maybe I’m crazy, but think about it... You’ve never met your mother. You grew up in the middle of nowhere, completely isolated, and you saw how angry your father was when he figured out where you were. In fact, he’s abusive - let’s be straight. It’s like he hates you! He didn’t even celebrate your birthday, Elisa!

I think he was afraid that if you stayed in Fenia, the truth would be found out. And I think we just found that truth. To put it bluntly, because I can see your face right now, I think you are Elisabeth. Actually, the full name is Elisabeth Zaria Winterbourne Everhart.

How exciting! It’s like a real fairytale. ”
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Elisa was still too much in thought to respond when Aileigh passed her and entered her house. She slowly turned around as well and followed her in. Aileight went on quite an enthusiastic ramble which she tried to follow, but it was hard to focus with all the information being thrown at her. This information getting more and more crazy by the minute. Everharts? No that name didn’t ring a bell straight away.. Cordelia however she had met herself, but what had knowing Cordelia to do with anything? A frown appeared on her face when Aileigh went on to talk about Cordelia’s family. Why did that matter? But when she mentioned the sisters name her eye’s started to widen as she could guess which direction Aileigh was going, she shook her head and kept shaking it for the rest of Aileighs ramble. Not able to believe what she thought Aileigh was trying to say.

Her eyebrow rose when Aileigh said ‘maybe I’m crazy’ as that was exactly what she was thinking right now! When Aileigh continued to speak however more and more of an angry frown started to grow on her face. It had been quite challenging for her brain to take everything in that Aileigh was throwing at her, it was all a bit much on its own. But her father was still a sensitive topic, one that brought lots of conflicting thoughts and emotions. Especially since when he came up it often was about something that she had always thought as truth now conflicting with the new reality she lived in. Even though she was settling well in her new life, part of her brain was still stuck in the old thought patterns, they were hard to break. She had discovered multiple times by now that her father hadn’t always told her the truth and had kept her down. This was a painful thing to face though, one that was less hurtful when you try to ignore it and push it down again instead of truly working through it. Even though she often liked and preferred the ways things actually were here, compared to how she was made to believe it was. It was hard to accept the accompanying fact that that also meant her father had done wrong. Somehow she often managed to separate them, and not think about the latter. But now Aileigh was throwing it in her face like a bucket of ice cold water she couldn’t avoid. Despite everything part of her still wanted to be loved by her father, part of her wanted his approval. Even though she had found a new family here, a family of friends, who loved her and supported her, he was her father… Especially the statement that her father hated her cut like a knife. The child in her still unwilling… unable.. to accept such things.

She tried to hold herself back while Aileigh was finishing up, tried so hard to keep her emotions in line, but she failed. Just as Aileight excitingly said it’s like a real fairy-tale she jumped up shouting NO!. Her emotions being so strong she lost control of herself, placing her hands at Aileighs shoulders, shoving her back. Tears starting to form and roll down her face. Which emotion had brought them up? It was hard to tell, maybe all of them?

NO! YOU’RE LYING! HE DOESN’T HATE ME! After this first outburst of anger her voice started to come down, getting more and more shaky as hurt was starting taking the place of the anger ‘he doesn’t hate me… he did love me.. he.. he was angry because I ran away.. it was my fault…he..’ Elisa managed to turn herself away pasting around, mumbling more to herself then to Ailgeigh. Trying to make sense of things. As her initial anger was fading a little this opened a little room in her mind to actually think, although not a lot. Her ponderings became actually understandable now. The thoughts still taking priority, normally she would have long realised she had just shoved a princess! But at the moment her brain was too busy to try and piece together the information Aigleigh had given her. It was like the pieces turned to water and slipped out her fingers as soon as she wanted to pick them up. Her mind having calmed from anger, didn’t mean it had calmed in general. There was unbelief, starting to turn to panic as the meaning of Aileighs words started to come to her. She started shaking her head again. ‘you’re wrong… it can’t be true! … I’m not Elisabeth, I’m Elisa…. Why wouldn’t my dad tell If my mom’s just there? Why would we live in the forest instead of a castle? Why would we’ve had only just enough to survive? Why wouldn’t he tell? Why would he get angry? My mom’s dead…. Or she did something bad… or…or… she didn’t want me…’ her voice trembled a bit on that last line. A thought she’d often felt in her live, but hadn’t dare to acknowledge out loud. She started pacing again, this time holding her head. Looking up at Aileigh after a little while, remembering she was here again. ‘Aileigh I can’t be that Elisabeth… She’s a noble… I’m a peasant! If… if that symbol really is her family’s …that means… that means it must be stolen. That’s why I had to get rid of the doll! I can’t have it… it’s stolen… it’s stolen from a noble family? Aileigh.. you can’t tell anyone!...I’ll go to prison!…

Her legs were shaking now, so much so she had to sit down on the floor. Barely keeping herself from just dropping down to the floor. She was shaking back and forth a little while she was sitting, completely panicking about the thought of being accused of stealing from a noble family. Wait hadn’t Aileight said Winterbourne? That was the kings name wasn’t it? Even worse, the royal family! She might lose her head…. Her thoughts were being completely unreasonable of course. She’d have been just a toddler when she got the doll, she probably hadn’t taken it herself, and even if she did, could such a small child be held accountable? Would a noble family even care about a missing doll? Probably not… but her mind was so lost in panic it wasn’t able to be reasonable at this point.
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

She should have expected anger, but the shove came by surprise. Her only reaction was a hurt expression, but she otherwise did not respond. Elisa spiraled and Aileigh watched, feeling bad to have caused such distress. However, she was not sorry for sharing her discovery. If she was right, then Elisa deserved to know. She deserved an opportunity to meet her real family. She deserved to know what really happened to her mother. She deserved to know who she was. If she was correct, that is.

She watched the anger turn to panic and that’s when she stepped forward. She placed a hand on each arm to steady and refocus Elisa. “I did not mean to upset you, BUT we should find out if I am right. No more speculation. Look, I am sure he loves you in his own way, but you cannot deny the abuse. I’ve seen it first hand - how he treated you and spoke to you. I cannot believe that that was a one-time thing. The way you cowered... The anger in his eyes. He did that often and you cannot tell me otherwise because I will not believe you.

No man should hurt a girl, but more importantly, no father should hurt his own daughter.”
Aileigh took a deep breath, hoping her friend would follow suit. “You trust me, right? I have an idea that may help us find the truth.”

She stepped away to navigate the cottage. She was in search of a bowl and water. Once she found the biggest bowl Elisa had, she filled it with water. She had stopped talking to give her friend a moment of peace. With a full bowl, she sat down on the floor and beckoned Elisa closer. Only then did she begin talking again.

“I do not know if this will work, but I think we should try. You know how my aunt had been teaching me? She has become a powerful seer, through hard work and more traditional methods. She is skilled in Catoptromancy, which is working with mirrors and reflections - like a crystal ball. It’s the most difficult form of divination. I cannot pretend that I know how to do it Catoptromancy. It is currently way beyond my limits, though Aunt Morjiana thinks I’ll get there some day. I think my great grandmother is the only other one in the family who can do Catoptromancy.

Anyway, I am learning Hydromancy, which is sort of a stepping stone to Catoptromancy. It uses reflections too, but with water. It’s easier to control and access, but can be more unreliable... But I think with my idea, we will get the right results because I’m combining it with something Serendipity taught me. These two forms of divination should work nicely together. The water will be our gateway, your blood will be our guide.

Trust me: divination is my destiny.”

The girl hoped her last sentence offered reassurance. Sure it was an experiment, but she was born gifted. From infancy, she was able to literally jump to the future to observe what was to come. It was like astral projection, but through time. It came from the bit of Kitsune soul she had in her from her creation at the mighty Shion’s hands, mixed with her strong Sanchari blood. She had long since learned to control it and now she used other forms of divination with the aid of her aunt. Along the way, she had learned time was a two way door - the past was accessible too. So, she extended her hand for Elisa’s, producing a dagger from her belt. Her friend hesitated, but ultimately gave her hand. Aileigh did not hesitate though, pressing the sharp blade into Elisa’s palm. Bright crimson dripped down into the bowl beneath, swirling and blending into the previously clear water.

“Guide us to reveal the truth of what happened on the day of August 15th, 1646.”
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Aileigh had not responded to her anger outburst, which probably was a good thing. If she had also responded emotionally, things could potentially have escalated quickly. Elisa was still in the middle of panicking when she felt two arms holding her, one on each arm. It made her look up, noticing Aileigh’s face, remembering she was there. Though it was a subtle gesture, it helped to snap her out of the panic mode enough to hear what Aileigh was saying. Her friend went back to saying bad things about her father though, she didn’t like that. The expression on her face betrayed this feeling. Despite him hurting her, being confronted with it was painful and hard to deal with. She wanted to contradict Aileigh, tell her it wasn’t true… but she couldn’t. Aileigh hadn’t really seen it, she had only come in afterwards… or so Elisa thought. The memories of that night remained a little foggy to her. Part of the evening was also still missing, but since she blacked out for a little bit that was normal, she hadn’t witnessed that part.

This time she could suppress the anger, it wasn’t as strong now as before, when Aileigh said her dad hated her. She did feel hurt though and turned down her gaze. She only mumbled that it was normal. It was the part of her that wanted to keep herself from feeling hurt that justified what happened. If you break the rules you get in trouble. Whether or not the rules are just, that’s a different question.

She had seen and experienced differently since she lived in Widu. Even when she had a very bad outburst, she hadn’t gotten into trouble, not really… She used to suppress her feelings, talking back would only get her into more trouble. Now she was free to suppress herself, but there was a learning curve still needing to be fulfilled. Sometimes, like just before, her emotions got the better of her and she would burst out. She didn’t like it when this happened, she didn’t want to burst out… Her dad would burst out easily, she didn’t want to be like that.

Only when Aileigh asked if she trusted her, Elisa looked back up, answering with a short nod. She didn’t know why Aileigh got up and started looking around her house, grabbing a bowl of water. But she let her. If she asked what she was doing it would contradict her statement of trusting her, she thought. It also gave her time to collect herself again, to let thoughts and emotions sink down. She would need a lot more time to let today’s events sink in and process them. But she was getting back to a status where she could operate again in a more normal way.

Curiosity was also a part of her, a part that was starting to get tickled now with the mysterious behaviour of her friend. It made it so that when Aileigh beckoned her closer, Elisa did just that, instead of turning away and staying stuck in anger. She was still upset about what Aileigh said, but she also felt guilty for reacting how she did. For pushing her friend. This feeling of guilt also brought her to cooperate with what Aileigh wanted to try. Even though Aileigh was using very difficult words she didn’t know, talking about magic she didn’t really know much about either.
So when Aileigh finished her explanation, Elisa still had no idea what it was about. Something with water and mirrors. A gateway? Would they walk through the water? It seemed impossible, but you never know with magic. She had seen people just walk through shadows… The part about the blood was confusing as well, how could blood guide someone? Though it became a little more clear when Aileigh asked for her hand while at the same time grabbing a dagger. She looked a little shocked at her friend, what was she planning to do?! She held her arm close to her, the hand of the other arm holding the wrist of the former. She reminded herself that she pushed her friend, that she shoved a princess. That was probably something you could lose your hands over?

Reluctantly, she handed over her hand. She wasn’t entirely sure what Aileigh was planning to do, though it was likely her hand would come in contact with the dagger. However, She did trust her friend and didn’t think cutting it off would be what Aileigh was planning. Despite kind of expecting it, Elisa winced as soon as the dagger cut her skin and instinctively pulled her arm back. Or tried to anyway. Aileigh had a strong grip on her arm and kept it into place so the drops of blood landed where they were supposed to land, in the water. As soon as Aileigh let go of her wrist, however, she did pull her arm back, looking at her cut palm and back to Aileigh. There were many questions, why did she do that? It hurt. She had only pushed Aileigh, that wasn’t the same as drawing blood with a knife, was it?

Elisa looked back at the cut, a new drop of blood had formed. She was confused as how to react, partly because she didn’t understand the magic Aileigh was trying to perform. Part of her wanted to be angry, part of her felt she deserved it, part of her was curious as to what Aileigh was doing. She didn’t have time to respond as Aileigh soon spoke.
This made her even more confused, who was Aileigh talking to? It was only her in the room… Aileigh asked about a date years and years ago. How was she supposed to know what happened then? Though not long after, an image began to form in the water. It startled Elisa so much she shoved backwards a little.. Her curiositywinning, she slowly came closer again to see what was going on, the cut and the pain from it sinking to the background.

It showed the morning rituals in a children’s room of what appeared to be at least a bigger house, since there was a separate room for these children. There was a woman, a young girl and a toddler. After the morning rituals, they went outside to a green environment. After a walk they arrived at something that looked like a park. Elisa didn’t recognise the places shown so far. There was a pond with an open grass field around it, a clearing in a forest. The trees weren’t far away. The woman was now sitting on a blanket working on some embroidery, regularly looking up and checking on the children, smiling when she saw they were walking after some ducklings on the grass. They had caught the eye of the smaller child and she went after them, still holding a doll. The older girl seemed to be keeping an eye on the toddler, while at the same time also enjoying herself. Their pursuit of the ducklings quickly got them a little distance away from the older woman, close to the forest edge.
Then a man rushed up. he had been out of sight between the trees. It only took him a few steps to reach the girls. He grabbed both of them. This made the girls scream which made the woman to look up, startled. The girls struggled. The older one, being stronger, must have been putting up too much of a fight as the man let go of her. He probably was strong enough to overpower the woman, but he didn’t seem to want to risk it, nor want any other people that might be close to come and check out the commotion. The younger girl wasn’t strong enough to have the same effect. Having both arms free, the man picked her up and ran back into the forest, covering the girl’s mouth so her screams wouldn’t guide the others to them. He kept moving at a fast pace through the forest. At this time Elisa looked up to Aileight, unsure what to think. When she looked back the young girl was sitting in the back of a cart, crying while holding on tight to the doll. The cart was driving away as fast as it could. This went on for a while until the image faded as the girl had probably fallen asleep from exhaustion.

Elisa stared at the bowl, which had returned to being a regular bowl holding the water. She stared for a while before looking very confused at Aileight. What did this mean? Why did it show this? She didn’t know any of the places or people shown. The man, however, he seemed familiar. He reminded her of her dad, though he looked different, younger. What..? she managed to mumble. Hopefully this was enough to bring the message across to Aileigh that she needed help placing this. Her brain was too busy trying to process what just happened to be able to form a proper sentence. It needed just a moment to collect itself.
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

Bright eyes watched intently as crimson began to swirl through the water. She could feel a tingle in her fingertips, the hair on the back of her neck standing up. She was calling on her ancestors to help guide them and they were answering. She had once been told that there was nothing quite like “gypsy magic”. It was old, going back to a time forgotten before the Dark Ages. While the world floundered, the Romany practices had persisted. That was not to say that they did not suffer in the time of chaos, but they were able to pass down knowledge, knowledge that was still known amongst them today.

It was that magic she was grasping for and it was that magic she caught in the bowl beneath them. The crimson twisted and turned rapidly, changing and shifting into an image. She was glued to what she saw, taking in every detail she could because she did not know if she’d be able to repeat this trick. Her brow furrowed, a frown pursing upon her petite lips.

A part of her did not want to be right. It was a very small part, but it was there nevertheless. If she was right, she understood that it would turn Elisa’s whole world upside down.

But if she was right, there was a whole new world for Elisa. A world free of abuse and neglect, but of want and love. She was hopeful that things could only get better with the knowledge playing out before them. The truth would set Elisa free.

Aileigh could have sat and watched the past all day, but it came to fade out. She let silence remain between them, processing everything she just saw. It was only when Elisa croaked for guidance that she broke her silence. She reached out to gently touch her friend’s arm.

“I do not think we can do anything else, but tell someone... But that doesn’t have to be tonight.” She felt like she may have broken her friend. Everything Elisa knew was likely false - at least, that’s what she believed fully now. Darkness was now creeping in from outside, the fire keeping it at bay. She rose up and began to lit candles, not having realized how late it had gotten until then. “Are you tired? I can clean this up. If you’d like, I can stay... or you can come stay with me.”

She did not want to leave Elisa, but she did want to give the girl time to process. She was not going to do anything else about the matter without Elisa’s direction. It would stay between them for however long her friend wished, but she truly hoped for a resolve sooner than later.
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

(time jump)

It had been a while since they had executed whatever magic Aileigh did and had found out the truth about her family. Or, what they expected it to be anyway. She could not help to remain in doubt, what if the fragment they saw wasn’t what it looked like? Maybe…maybe she had run off and was playing with that girl and her dad just came to take her back? Maybe… if she continued she surely could thing of other stories that kind of matched what they saw. The only conclusion she could make was that she would for ever remain in doubt about the truth. She would never know the truth for sure, unless… Well unless she found her dad again and he would tell her.. But that was a very unlikely situation. And one she wasn’t sure she wanted to happen, not yet anyway. Maybe when she was older and possibly married and he couldn’t take her back anymore? Maybe…

The only other option she knew off was one suggested by Alleigh, to go to her mom. She could see someone’s past if she tasted their blood, a vampire thing? She had been very apprehensive about this. But as time passed on her mind couldn’t find rest, the doubt and wonder remained. She wasn’t sure it would ever leave unless she had more certainty, and this was a way to get exactly that. She had doubted it for a long while, but Aileigh had managed to convince her to do it. She hoped she was making the right choice. She felt quite scared. To share your memories with somebody wasn’t nothing, she wouldn’t been able to keep any of them a secret. To make matters worse it was the queen that would see them. She’d know everything she did wrong, ever. What if she decided Elisa to be a bad influence for Aileigh after all? What if she wouldn’t be allowed to be friends anymore? What if she’d broken a law she didn’t know about, would she be send to jail? What if any of her friends broke a law or said something wrong and it was in her memory? She wouldn’t forgive herself if they got in trouble because of her. She knew Anno hunted rabbits, was that allowed? He didn’t own the forests, she wasn’t actually sure who did, but in the end all the land was from the king wasn’t it? Would he get in trouble? The more she thought about it the more scared she became. Things had already been set in motion though, Aileigh had arranged a meeting and she was on her way there now.

By the time she was with the queen she was so nervous it would be impossible not to notice, even with the brave face she tried to put on. She gathered all her courage to ask the queen, or beg the queen, her friends would not get in trouble by her memories. She’d made up her mind to not do it if they would. To her surprise the queen agreed, even without knowing what memories she might come across. There probably wasn’t much there to begin with, maybe some strong talk on some topics. But once she started to worry about something it could be hard for her to see logic.

Now the main worry was out of the way, others could take its place. She wasn’t quite sure how this would work. She knew Mele bites to eat, maybe this was the same? It made her nervous, even though Mele had told her multiple times you don’t feel a vampires bite. It was hard to believe you wouldn’t. To her surprise though there was no biting. A small drop of her blood was all that was needed. A needle prick in her finger and the drop of blood collected into a glass of water. It seemed silly she’d worried about this. She looked tensely when Aishe drank from it, now it was too late to turn back.

The memories that Aishe would see went from the worry she just had back to when she was just an infant, memories Elisa couldn’t recall herself anymore but were still there. She’d see the good times she had in tavern with her friends. How so many people helped her to be where she was now. She’d see the happy and fun times as well as the teasing and drama. She’d see Elisa loose her temper but also the reconnecting afterwards. She’d even know how in love Elisa was and the moments she’d spent together with Anno. Even though everything still was innocent Elisa would be quite embarrassed if she’d realise the queen would know her memories off Anno as well. Going back further in time there was her first days in town, before she knew anybody. They weren’t as rosy as her life was now. It was the middle of the winter, she was hungry and cold and didn’t have a place to stay, not even a decent cloak. She’d slept on the streets, curled against anything that could keep her a little sheltered, even if it was just a wall. She’d know Elisa feared this would be the end, that she’d freeze to death one of these days. That was until on a snowy day she found the tavern, a warm place she could heat herself up a bit. It was where she met her friends, and they helped her to get her life on track. Leading up to that Aishe would see Elisa scared and alone in the forest, until Mantas found her, and they started their travel towards Fenia.

The memories that were really of interest where those of her childhood. For those who know what to look for, there were clues along the way that indicated something was wrong. It was clear that her dad did love her, there were many normal father and daughter moments. They lived very soberly, but that wouldn’t have come as a surprise. When analysed some things might be noticeable in the memories. While she was a toddler and small child things were relatively normal, be it that was strict on her. But when she got older things started to get more and more out of hand. Her father’s fuse seemed to grow shorter as she aged. At some moments things would be normal, but in other’s he’d very easily lose his temper and punish Elisa harshly for rather small things. Moments where Elisa asked about her mother, or when she went too far out in the forest where of those moments where he’d loose it. When he’d drunk he’d be quite hot tempered as well. The older Elisa was, the more easily her father lost his temper.

Not knowing what was behind it, Elisa was often confused as to what she did wrong. Her father would usually comfort her afterwards, but in these moments also tell her he didn’t want to get angry but she made him do that. Over time it made Elisa more and more scared to break the rules, something that now was eroding by being surrounded by a safe and supporting environment. For Elisa it had never made much sense, but with knowing or suspecting the truth it could be explained. As she got older Elisa started to look more and more like her mother, she got more curious and became harder to control. If she were to run into a stranger there would the risk of being discovered. By having traits typical for her family she most likely also remembered her ‘father’ of the truth, of what he had done. And that was what this whole thing was for. Buried deep inside the memories she could no longer recall laid the truth, she’d been kidnapped all those years ago.

Elisa fidgeted nervously while the queen was processing her memories, she assumed. It felt like it took ages before she reacted. Elisa wanted her to react, but at the same time was scared at what the reaction would be.