[IRP] Hopefully Happily Ever After: Wedding of Cordelia and Rhozin

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Cordelia

[IRP] Hopefully Happily Ever After: Wedding of Cordelia and Rhozin

Post by Cordelia »

OOC: This RP event will be open to any and all nobility of Fenia, as a royal court event. Anyone who once resided in Old Kiene that wants to attend - Rhozin could use friends too. ;) Contact him to see if there is a connection!

The wedding shall be taking place on June 1st, 1661. It shall be happening at Hart Helm, the old fortress of the Hartlands, a territory in south Fenia.

RP descriptions and photo references to come.

CURRENT: Arrival of family.

Questions, contact Cordelia.
Last edited by Cordelia on Sun May 30, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viscountess Cordelia Zabel (Winterbourne) Everhart-Gellygen of the Highlands, the Horned Wolf
Big Sister to Elisabeth “Elisa” | Cousin to High King Zuan, Thea, & more
Married to Rhozin Gellygen of Kiene | Mother of Winter Pearle and Keir
Cordelia

Re: [IRP] Hopefully Happily Ever After: Wedding of Cordelia and Rhozin

Post by Cordelia »

May 30th of 1661
And suddenly, the day was nearly before her.

It felt like it had only been a few weeks that she had found out about her arranged betrothal. In reality, it had been nearly nine months since the King summoned her to his office with the news: marriage to a foreigner, for the benefits of the family and kingdom.

When she decided on June 1st as the fateful day, it felt so far away. For months, she felt stuck in uncertainty and insecurity. Rhozin Gellygen seemed a kind enough man for the few days they met, but as the winter passed and their letters continued, she yearned for a better grip on her future.

Now that the Kienian had been with her for two months, she felt more comfortable... And yet, more anxious. The concerns she had were subsided and replaced with fresh worries. Was she supposed to have so many questions? Her mother had promised a thorough talk and answering of any last minute questions the night before the wedding. That was something, at least!

Restless, Cordelia abandoned the privacy of her chambers and began to walk aimlessly. Hart Helm was busy, undergoing preparation for the first big court event of the year. She knew tomorrow would likely have the fortress bustling like a small city. It was hard to fathom so many people at the old fort. With all the nobility of Fenia invited, along with friends and family, she was grateful for the ceremony to be taking place outdoors. The ocean breeze slipped over the walls easily; it’d keep them from getting too warm while enjoying the bright sun and space that the stone walls couldn’t provide.

Her entire family were invited to stay within the fortress itself, along with any other important guests of Rhozin’s. The rest were to stay in the lovely Inn at the port, right below Hart Helm. Rooms had been paid and carriages had been arranged for swift transport from the Inn to its fortress above.

She supposed one good thing from all of this would be to have everyone together. She was expecting them between today and tomorrow. Maybe spending time with her cousins would calm her nerves. In the meantime, she could afford to head into the courtyard and begin a game of fetch with her loyal hounds.
Viscountess Cordelia Zabel (Winterbourne) Everhart-Gellygen of the Highlands, the Horned Wolf
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

It was a whole caravan - that really was the only way to describe it. Several horse-drawn carriages rolled through the countryside, surrounded by armed guard. The Fenian flag hung from the carriages, the guards wearing the Royal colours of black and gold. There was no imagination of who sat within the carriages: royal family was traveling.

Aishe was excited. She had yet to see Hart Helm. It laid even further south than her territory of Attica. The Hartlands were old and wild; she had enjoyed all the tales Cordelia had shared during her visits. The invitation to visit had been offered ages ago, but life kept her busy with a kingdom, a nation, a county, and an ever growing family.

The family was the reason for the amount of carriages. The queen wished for all the children to accompany them to the wedding. Traveling with a four toddlers and four newborns was an interesting experience to say the least. The smell of salty air was very much welcomed by the time they approached the coast.

From the steep drive up to the fort, Aishe could survey the surrounding land and its beauty. She would certainly need to return for a more relaxed visit - without her horde of tiny fingers and toes. As the convoy reached the inside of the fortress’s walls, things came to a halt. She could hear the excitement of the toddlers over the shuffle of guards. Opening the door, she stepped out and breathed in the sea air deeply.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Rhozin

Post by Rhozin »

He received word from his family that they wouldn't attend the wedding. They wouldn't be able to hide their disappointment at his fiancées pear allergy, they said. And his friends didn't plan on showing up either. Too far away, too expensive, too many foreign nobels, but have a good life.
Rhozin would be alone, speaking his wedding vows to Cordelia amidst a group of strangers, who were silently judging him for being from Kiene, and wondering where he was hiding his warts.
He took a deep, shaky breath. Time to get out there and face everybody. One last look in the mirror and... he yelled in shock! Where did those come from? One on his nose, one on his chin, and a particularly big one on his forehead.
He couldn't go through with this. He couldn't face any of these people.
Really, it would be in everyone's best interest if she found another partner. Except maybe the Fenian king's, who was looking forward to his tax exemption.
Either way, Rhozin quietly snuck away, leaving the party of wedding guests impatiently waiting for the groom to arrive. Leaving poor Cordelia at the altar by herself.
Rhozin ran downhill, towards the harbour. Why there was a Kienian ship there while no-one from Kiene was visiting, he couldn't explain, but it did not matter as it would take him back to Kiene.
A piercing scream made him look over his shoulder. There was Cordelia, on her horse, chasing him, a look of angry determination upon her face. She rode incredibly fast, which was even more impressive considering she was holding a bow and nocking an arrow, then drew the bow...
Panicking, he looked ahead, only to see his ship sail away.

"No!" Rhozin shot upright in bed, eyes wide open, panting.
Dragging a hand through his sweaty hair, he looked around. He was alone in his bedchamber at Hart Helm. The wedding was still a few days away.
"A dream, only a dream," he whispered, calming himself.
Then, he thought of something and quickly left the bed to find a mirror. One look at his clear face, and he heaved a sigh of relief. His face was free of warts.
Although some of the unease stayed. He could feel it most clearly in his stomach, as he had felt it every morning the past week.
He was nervous, and didn't know how to shake that feeling.

"Come in," he said when someone knocked on the door. "Ah, Mark." He offered Cordelia's steward a weak smile as the man entered with his morning klahua.
"Good morning, milord. Are you quite alright?"
Rhozin sat down on the edge of the bed. "I've felt better," he admitted. "If only I wouldn't feel so nervous for this wedding.
Mark Stewart set down his klahua on the side table. "I should think everyone feels a little nervous before their wedding, milord. But is there anything in particular that might cause this feeling?"

Rhozin sighed. "So many things. I barely know her family, they're royalty and I am not. And then there's the... well, the wedding night." He shot Mark a frustrated look. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I roughly know what is expected, but I wish I had more details! A script I could follow, to execute everything to perfection. Can you not give me some details? Yes, that might be a good idea."
He rose from the bed, took his klahua and sat down at the small table in the room. "Please Mark, bring another cup for yourself, then tell me everything you know."
Ta achládia den orimázoun móna tous. Étsi orimásame mazí.
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

“Ladies dont fidget.” Aileigh teased lightly, but reached forward to offer a comforting squeeze. Within this particular carriage, there were but two occupants: Princess Aileigh Mae and her best friend, Elisa. Being the stepdaughter of the High King and the firstborn of the Queens, she was expected to attend the wedding. Elisa, on the other hand, had no title to her name and was certainly not on the original guest lists.

Until Aileigh convinced her mothers to let Elisa be her “+1”. In order to justify her friend’s presence, Aileigh presented a case for Elisa’s attendance. As a princess, Aileigh was eligible to have a lady-in-waiting. Elisa had other commitments in life, especially as an apprentice, but Aileigh asked for Elisa to attend all events with her as a “lady”.

This new situation had duel purpose. It meant that Aileigh could take Elisa wherever she wanted, as boring or as exciting the event was. It also gave Elisa a taste of nobility lifestyle... A glimpse into what should have been.

The girls had kept things quiet. Aileigh wanted Elisa to attend the wedding so she could experience the Everharts from the outside, before being dragged into the deep end. It seemed like a reasonable middle ground and the best way to help Elisa wrap her head around the facts they had.

When the carriage slowed and stopped, Aileigh was quick to pop out. She was eager to stretch her legs and explore Hart Helm. It was far older than the Imperian Palace, which intrigued her passion for history. She embraced the sea air with a deep inhale. Cordelia was not far from her carriage, so she gave an enthusiastic wave before linking arms with Elisa. She would keep Elisa close to ensure she was comfortable and had support should she need it. If nothing else, Aileigh hoped this mini “vacation” would be good for her friend. A few days to relax, to be waited on, to be cared for as an extended member of the Royal party.
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Seer of BDR | Viscountess of Ettinford
Wife to Thea | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, Lenora, Ezra, & Imogen
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
| Sanchari Family [Profile]
Thea

Post by Thea »

The sight of Hart Helm cutting the distant horizon was a familiar sight to Thea but it had been many years since she had seen it. She tried to think back to when she had last been here but she could not place it in her mind. She knew for certain it had been before her father passed away, so at least three years. It felt weird to be coming back here under the circumstances. Thea was both with child and without a husband. A wedding filled with her extended family and the nobility of the kingdom was bound to leave her feeling exposed.

It was the early evening by the time Thea's carriage arrived at the fort. Servants greeted her as the coachman helped her out of the vehicle. There was much more staff here than Thea remembered. Were there extra hands hired for the events or had she really forgotten things? One of the servants showed her to the chamber she would be staying in, a comfortable room with a view of the sea below.

"Evening meal will be ready in about an hour. Is there anything you will be needing in the meantime?"

The servant asked her as two guards followed Thea into the room. Hart Helm did not have the necessary safeguards to keep the defiant Winterbourne from attempting to flee and it was for this reason that the guards were accompanying her.

"No, I am fine."

Thea answered as she moved over to the window to look out. The servant nodded to the girl's back and exited the room.
Dorathea "Thea" Sanchari Winterbourne | Lady of Redcroft Manor | The Red Wolf
Cousin of the Winterbournes | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, & Lenora | Wife of Aileigh
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

When the caravan of black carriages entered the courtyard, Cordelia rose to her feet. She smoothed out her green silk and lace dress, which was warm to the touch from the sun. The first person to emerge was one of the Queens. Fair and blonde, Aishe stuck out amongst the other two monarchs. It seemed, however, her light locks were taking over the royal family as toddlers and babes were exiting the next carriage.

Cora gave the queen a curtsey before accepting an embrace. She smiled warmly, grey eyes sweeping over the children. When Aileigh joined them, she also gave the princess a brief hug, with nothing but a smile given to Elisa. Queen Akos got a curtsey and the King got a hug.

“Welcome to Hart Helm, everyone! I am so pleased for you to be here. Thank you for coming.”

“Where is my little legacy?” Alice came seemingly out of nowhere, beelining straight for the children. Spying red curls, Alice grinned and took the newborn prince off the nanny’s hands. “It was only a matter of time until we had another redhead in this family. Good choice, little Ambrose.”

Lady Hart Helm doted over the babe before giving a respectful nod in greeting to the monarchs. “It’s an honour to be hosting you at our home. It may be old, but it is always open to family.” Alice shifted the babe into the nook of her arm, cradling him close. It was evident that she was not relinquishing the child.

“Let me show you all where you’ll be staying. You can settle in and explore at your leisure.”

Cordelia led them into the shade of the old stones. Unlike many castles further in land, Hart Helm was less stuffy. The sea air kept things crisp. She showed them the assortment of rooms that had been set up for the royal family. She had two rooms for the monarchs, uncertain exactly how they slept at night, but she was too respectful to inquire. She had a room for Aileigh and her “lady”, which Cordelia had been given a notice about - however, Aileigh insisted they would share a room. To each their own; it left a room available for someone else.

She left them to their own devices with Alice, who had yet to sit Ambrose down. It amused, yet frightened her. There was no denying that Alice was eager to have grandchildren.

Children.

Marriage.

Cordelia shivered and escaped downstairs to the sitting room she loved. She took comfort in the familiar space. Grabbing a random book off the shelf, she settled down in a chair. She had not been there long before hearing the arrival of someone else. The voice of Thea drifted down the hall. At a slow pace, Cordelia put the book away and ascended the stairwell. She went to the room ready for her cousin. As a servant left the room, Cordelia entered.

“Hello cousin.” It had been two weeks since she had last gone to Everden to keep Thea company. Grey eyes took in her cousin’s physique as she moved further into the room. “I am glad you’re here.”
Thea

Post by Thea »

Thea was still looking out of the window towards the distant horizon where the ocean and sky met when she heard a voice from behind her. Her gray eyes moved away from the window as she turned to greet the woman who had entered the room.

"Hello, Cora."

There was a slight pause as Thea moved away from the window and found a seat on the edge of the bed facing her cousin.

"Surely you have enough things occupying your attention today, you do not need worrying about me also on your list. I imagine soon you will hardly notice anyone else is here at all."

Thea gave Cordelia a knowing smirk while leaning back on her hands. This stretching pose unintentionally extenuated her form. Her belly had grown even larger despite already having been the dominant feature for a few months now. She also seemed like she had gained some weight overall and her skin appeared less pale and sickly. Realizing her cousin was evaluating her, however, caused her to sit upright again as quickly as she could manage.

"Are you nervous? Any cold feet?"

Hopefully, distracting Cora with talks of the wedding would keep the topic of conversation away from Thea.
Dorathea "Thea" Sanchari Winterbourne | Lady of Redcroft Manor | The Red Wolf
Cousin of the Winterbournes | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, & Lenora | Wife of Aileigh
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia was pleased with her cousin’s appearance. The continued improving wellness was reassuring. Any worries she had faded away with each visit to Thea.

Cold feet? Why did people call it that? She never quite understood the phrase. Yet, she understood the sentiment behind it. She shook her head in answer. Any reservations she had, she had already discussed with Thea. Her cousin was her confidant to the worries that had come and gone... Like how she was allergic to pears. She was pretty sure Thea found that hilarious and ultimately, Cordelia found her own amusement in the irony.

“I am nervous, but I am... Excited. I like Rhozin and the more time we’ve spent together, the more I think the Mages do smile upon our union.”

A commotion in the hall furrowed her brows. It was strange to see so many faces in Hart Helm. Still, there was one face she was eager, hopeful even, to see. “I best go check on the others. Dinner shall be soon!”

Dinner... Then sleep. And in the morning, she would be getting married.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

A while ago Aileigh had made the discovery of her name being in some book. With the help of magic they had then discovered the truth about Elisa’s true family. They had however kept it to themselves still. Elisa had needed quite some time to just start to process it all. Despite Aileigh sounding enthusiast about it all, it had been difficult to deal with. The only relative that she’d had turned out to not be family at all but a men who had kidnapped her as an infant. In the process though they had discovered who her mom, and thus other family members were. A big part of her really wanted to meet them. At the same time it terrified her. What if they didn’t like her? Or want her? What if they were mean people? Well she’d met Cordelia before of course, in tavern. The woman had been very kind to her, so there was no reason for her to have these thoughts, yet still she did. After having many talks with Aileigh they had come to a solution. Elisa had even been convinced it was actually a good idea. She’d attend this party as her friends lady in waiting. By doing so she’d be able to meet these people and see what they were like. Without her needing to tell them yet. The fact that they were a noble family didn’t really help. It just felt very strange thinking of her being part of this family, it still didn’t feel real to her. She’d been raised as a peasant, lived that way her whole life. Would she be less nervous if they were commoners? Maybe? Many of her concerns would still be the same but there would be a few less of them.

She’d been with Aileigh since yesterday, they had made sure she’d not stand out too much and actually look like she could be a lady in waiting. This party would be an all noble one, which made her very nervous. She’ surely stand out, she didn’t know how to be a noble, how to fit in. Aileigh had promised to stay with her all the time and help her. Yet, the closer they got to their destination the more she was starting to doubt if it was actually a good idea. Aileigh noticed and told her ‘ladies don’t fidget’, as she was picking at her nails. She put her hands next to her to make sure she wouldn’t but in turn bit her lip. It was very difficult not to notice she was nervous. Aileigh did seem to notice as she gave her a squeeze.
Soon the carriage stopped. Aileigh was quick to exit, which was understandable as they had been sitting for a very long time. Elisa though needed a second to take a breath and gather herself before following her friend. Things would be alright, she’d just be with Aileigh, She’d been to a party before. She just hoped she wouldn’t mess things up and ruin the wedding. No matter her own story, this was a very big day for these people and she wouldn’t want to get in the way of that. They were right in front of the castle. It looked quite different from the ones she’d seen before, but maybe that was normal? It didn’t take long before Aileigh linked her arm. She knew they were heading to Cordelia as she’d met her in the tavern before.

Aileigh and Cordelia seemed to be close as they hugged. When she was greeted she bowed in return. It probably was the first thing that already made her stand out. She’d be supposed the curtsey instead of bow of course. She bit her lip as she looked at Aileigh for a second but there wasn’t much time to dwell on it. It didn’t take long for the queens young children to take the attention and Elisa was glad for it. She also looked very curiously to the woman that had just come out of the castle. The woman seemed to know the queen well, else she wouldn’t pick up the child just like that would she. She wondered… She’d have like to watch and observe for longer but soon they were lead to their room. Elisa and Aileigh would share the room and she was glad they would. Undoubtedly it would help her stay more calm, perhaps even just relax like she was supposed to. That might still come later, but it wasn’t now yet. Her hart was racing like as if she’d just ran the whole way up to here. Did she already see her mom?
thanks to Aishe for the banner