[IRP] Hopefully Happily Ever After: Wedding of Cordelia and Rhozin

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Cordelia

Re: [IRP] Hopefully Happily Ever After: Wedding of Cordelia and Rhozin

Post by Cordelia »

As Cordelia left her cousin to settle in, she moved down the hall. Her steps were with purpose. Noise of movements and chatter echoed off the stone walls of the old fortress. It felt strange to know there were so many visitors, and yet she knew there were more to come.

As if the very thought summoned the next wave, Mark Stewart, the Hart Helm’s steward, rounded the corner into view. He approached without hesitation and when he was before her, he began to speak.

“The Kienian flag has been spotted on the horizon. The ships shall be docking soon.”

Her in-laws.

Cordelia swallowed. She had yet to meet them face-to-face. All the nerves about the wedding fled in face of their arrival. She pressed her hand to her abdomen to stop the tremble of her fingers.

“I would like to go down to the docks to welcome them. Prepare a carriage. Do you know where Rhozin is?”

“I’ll get the carriages ready. I last saw him on the upper balcony, off the study.”

She nodded and turned around, heading back the direction she came from. At the edge of the fort was a study. For many years, it was locked and abandoned. It had once belonged to the Lord of Hart Helm. It was only during the past winter that Cordelia unlocked the door. The room had been cleaned up and she did a bit of redecorating - replacing things that were worn and deteriorated from years of neglect. She wanted Rhozin to have a space of his own and the abandoned study seemed to be the most fitting. She had not seen him spend much time there, but it felt fitting that that was where he was before their wedding. As if he was trying to be close to the late Knight Zaroffi… But that was probably just her mind running wild from stress.

She knocked on the door before entering, “Rhozin? Your family is close. I thought we could go down to the docks together.”

It was probably a stupid comment, considering that ships approaching the fort could easily be seen from the balcony.
Viscountess Cordelia Zabel (Winterbourne) Everhart-Gellygen of the Highlands, the Horned Wolf
Big Sister to Elisabeth “Elisa” | Cousin to High King Zuan, Thea, & more
Married to Rhozin Gellygen of Kiene | Mother of Winter Pearle and Keir