[CRP] Of Thorns and Roses

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Thea

[CRP] Of Thorns and Roses

Post by Thea »

The time she had spent away from the Imperial Palace had been needed. The only downside was the unbearable months of pregnancy in the hottest months of summer in the province of Athena. This was a very big downside. The absurd heat and oppressive humidity was so horrible that she might have preferred to be in the north during these months. There was no escaping the heat, especially not during those last few weeks. With the birth of the boy came the long-awaited escape from the heat. Maybe it would have been nice if had she been able to enjoy it. Instead, Thea was soon sent back to the Fenian capitol along with a handful of royal guards, the infant boy, and an accompanying nursemaid. She thought that she would at the very least be going straight to her new home. Zuan had promised that after the baby was born she would no longer have to live in the castle. Instead, she would be granted a manor and the title of Lady of Redcroft. Her expectations would not be met.

"Where are we going?"

Thea asked in a demanding tone as she looked somewhat frantically out the carriage window. It was the nurse who answered her. She looked up from the child that was nestled into the crook of her arm as she responded.

"The Palace, my Lady."

"No, we are not supposed to go back."

"I overheard the guards speaking. They said the manor is not yet ready for you."

There was a very dramatic huff as Thea crossed her arms over her chest. This was not the agreement.

The royal prison felt as unwelcoming as ever to Thea. She did her best to leave the confines of the castle whenever she was allowed to. Anything to maintain her sanity while she bided her time in hopes that she could soon leave again. Once a day she was allowed to take a walk in the gardens. Thankfully, her son could be left in the palace during this time. Unfortunately, the King's guards remained with her on her walks.

Thea walked painfully slow through the garden. She zigged this way and that through the flowers to prolong the journey. It was obvious to her that the guards were annoyed by her dawdling but this did not stop her.
Last edited by Thea on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorathea "Thea" Sanchari Winterbourne | Lady of Redcroft Manor | The Red Wolf
Cousin of the Winterbournes | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, & Lenora | Wife of Aileigh
Ambrosia

Re: [CRP] Of Thorns and Roses

Post by Ambrosia »

Honey, I rose up from the dead
I do it all the time.
I don't like your kingdom keys
They once belonged to me.
Through the years she never forgot Fenia. In time homesickness has turned to hatred that only festered to an extreme level after the last bout with death. Once upon a time, she was a princess that tended religiously to the garden of roses on the palace grounds. It was one of the only things that haunted her daydreams, and the clash of the stone against the blade. Somehow the betrayal of her family, specifically her sister, haunted her less. The battle of Widu wasn't in the front of her chaotic mind, no. It was the garden, the roses with their thorns. In the fogginess of her mind she could picture the petals wither away one by one.

It had been months since the great battle, and she was sure they all assumed she hadn't pressed forward with her life. Perhaps some of those dying roses were laid on a falsified grave made for her. Hyper-focused on the one detail, she decided recklessly to take to the familiar roads she had fled before. The hood over her spiral ebony locks, while her cool blue eyes looked over what had changed, and what had not. The gardens were far from easy to get to, but it was a responsibility of her lost self.

Fenia had been her home when her powers didn't exist, and now that they did it made it easier to sneak through the garden. A disapproving scowl at some of the plants and the overwatered soil. Ambra leaned in closer to one of the bushes, her hands busied themselves to inspect the leaves until she heard the sound of approaching footsteps. Was she truly worried about the royal guard? No. Not even slightly. A hum emitted from her lips, while she turned to greet the source.

Ambra blinked slowly as her eyes flickered from Thea to the guards with a neutral expression. There's an uncomfortable silence from her, before she shrugs her shoulders idly. "Go on, tell my brother heh for me." The words snapped towards the guards, while her attention fell on the girl in the garden with them. "I suppose you're a ..." Her brows furrow and her face tilts curiously. "Not a gardener." She wasn't too sure how her appearance would go off. Without the slip of her gaze, her hand moved to the hilt of her sword just in case she needed it. "Tell me, are you as bored on the palace grounds as I once was?"
Sister to Dahlia, Zuan, Zhou, & Serafina. RIP Razen & Cara (Trinity)
Great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Rannek
TY Aishe for the banner!
Thea

Re: [CRP] Of Thorns and Roses

Post by Thea »

The hooded figure that prowled through the gardens did not immediately catch the attention of Thea. She might have nearly walked into her had she taken a few more steps. The shrouded form, clearly feminine in physique, turned to face Thea and the guards. She did not address the young Winterbourne first but instead spoke to the guards. It was a curious statement. Brother? Thea tilted her head inquisitively as she looked the woman up and down.

"No, not a gardener."

She responded impassively even as her eyes still assessed the stranger in front of her. It was what the cloaked woman said next that made the pieces fall into place. The person before her was none other than Ambrosia Winterbourne, Zuan's sister. Previously thought to be dead, the lost princess had risen. She was another cousin, but Thea had only the foggiest recollections and memories of Ambra. The edges of the images inside of her head were blurry and smudged, but she was almost positive this was her.

"Bored... that is one way to put it."

Thea picked absently at the skin on her finger as she considered her next words. After a moment she settled on a question.

"Do you know who I am?"
Dorathea "Thea" Sanchari Winterbourne | Lady of Redcroft Manor | The Red Wolf
Cousin of the Winterbournes | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, & Lenora | Wife of Aileigh