The Manorhouse at Aethyia

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Mallory

The Manorhouse at Aethyia

Post by Mallory »

The house stood before her looming. Her vardo stopped in front of it. She looked up at the building with a half broken smile. One this would have been the happy home for her family. Now she wasn't even sure how she felt about the building and feelings of abandonment streaked through her. Her mind would later remind her that her traveling had left Thartis alone for so long he probably annulled their marriage by now, but she was still young enough to introspect at how she felt first. She stepped down from her seat, the damp earth making a small thud as it absorbed her weight. Someone was approaching from the east, but they would be a few minutes before arriving to where she was. The horses snort was one of impatience, they had grown accustomed to going, going, going during her travels and now they wanted to go again. She reached over to pat the quivering hind quarter of the beloved animal. "It's okay We're going to be here for a bit. I have to grow up and handle things. No more running away, my lovelies. Being a grown vampire means facing things you don't want to face." She spoke softly to them, more to reassure herself than to answer them. Still, she began methodically settling her vardo down. Where it was would suffice for now. She was Baroness of this land and it was time she learned what that meant, faced her husband, and dealt with all that was due in the world, but first, she would settle her horses and home.
Mallory

Re: The Manorhouse at Aethyia

Post by Mallory »

A walk around the property found her heart heavy. What had once been the home she wanted wasn't anymore. It had been the home a girl dreams of when she is in love and sure that things will change and grow. Looking at it now with a more practical eye it was too large. She'd never be able to keep it clean. She wondered if things could be rearranged a bit, rooms shifted to make more storage and less living space. She got out a charcoal and used a large tanned skin to draw her idea of what would need to be done and started slowly shifting things as she was able. Never compromising on the structure, but ensuring that things would flow more efficiently. Her hair stuck to her partially damp skin. 'Why the goddess do I have to still sweat? I'm a vampire for the love of all that is holy!' she thought, brushing the sticking strands back from her forehead. The work was good for her and eventually the wagon coming her way stopped, it was some of the local town folk come to welcome her.