[CRP] Controlling Fate: Private Wedding of Aileigh and Thea

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Aileigh

Re: [CRP] Controlling Fate: Private Wedding of Aileigh and Thea

Post by Aileigh »

“Will you do my hair then, Bibio? I trust you.” She trusted her aunt could do better than she could right now, at least. The nerves were causing a slight tremble in her hands. She was doing the right thing… Right? Life was certainly not going to be boring married to Thea.

Aileigh laughed at Mallory’s ramble, nerves quelled for now. “I suppose I got lucky on that front. ” And by luck, she meant that she had Akos in her corner to subdue Aishe’s controlling nature. “And yes, I’ve eaten. Needless to say, I did not sleep well, so I have been up for a while.”

The Princess turned around to allow her aunt full access to her black locks, cradling her cup of tea. While Mallory was busy, Aishe seemed restless with idle hands. So, she left the bedroom to find Rowena and some flowers. By the time her hair was styled (minus flowers), both of the other Sanchari women appeared. Aileigh’s smile grew wide seeing her cousin, who enjoyed disappearing far too often. She could not recall the last time they spent time together properly.

“Gæa, you made it! I was worried the forest would take you back.” The tease was accompanied by a hug before the damphyr tilted her head. “My hair requires flowers, dear simensa!”

As she returned to the vanity, she couldn’t help but wonder how the other bride was doing. Thea was kind to let Aileigh have a wedding she’d remember. She hoped the more private woman wouldn’t mind the amount of family she had. There was no denying that Aileigh was surrounded by relatives and their love. Most of the Boreens Durri founding members were related to the Sanchari line in some way, but even those not related in blood were related through love and hardship.

After sitting, Aileigh looked over her shoulder with a more solemn request. “I would like a seat with flowers on it, for our fallen Phoenix. A beautiful bouquet of red, orange, and yellow flowers and lots of leaves. Can you make that happen for me, Ro?”

The name was unsaid per the Romany custom, but they all knew who she meant. Aingeal Andreaa Chovexani - she may not be able to attend, but Aileigh believed her beloved cousin was watching the events with a bottle of whiskey and popcorn from the spiritual realm.
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Seer of BDR | Viscountess of Ettinford
Wife to Thea | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, Lenora, Ezra, & Imogen
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
| Sanchari Family [Profile]
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

The surprise on Thea’s face when seeing the dress meant she did well. Pleased with herself, she clasped her hands together in front of her growing baby bump. It was crazy to think just five months ago she had her own wedding. In just three more months, their first child was due. Her pregnancy had gone very well thus far. Unlike her cousin, she had not been stuck in bed with sickness. In fact, she felt great! The term “pregnancy glow” took on a whole new meaning to her.

Of course, in general, she was just… Happy. Life seemed to great. Her marriage to Rhozin was wonderful; she found herself falling in love with the man who had been arranged for her by the King. They were over the moon about their first child. Hart Helm was having a prosperous harvest season and it was widely believed they would be prepared for winter. And then of course, there was nothing better than the return of the long lost, assumed dead, Elisabeth.

The comment about flowers pulled her from her brief thoughts, putting her back in the moment to focus on her cousin’s happiness. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms. “Finnnnne. Only because I love you and it’s your big day.”

They were interrupted by a knock on the door. Cordelia opened it, letting in a servant with a tray of pastries and steaming tea. When he left, she looked at Thea.

“However, you will be wearing this!”

With a grin, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small pouch. She held it out for Thea to take. Inside the pouch was a gold and silver hair comb. A wolf’s head perched above the prongs, with a small ruby as its eye. It was simple, elegant. It would match the subtle earrings she was determined to get Thea to wear, from which a small ruby hung in a teardrop. These were in a box in her other pocket and after Thea got to look at the comb, she held put that box forth as well.

“For our red Wolf, from my mother, Elisabeth, and I. Elisa, I mean…

Now, let’s get ready.”
Viscountess Cordelia Zabel (Winterbourne) Everhart-Gellygen of the Highlands, the Horned Wolf
Big Sister to Elisabeth “Elisa” | Cousin to High King Zuan, Thea, & more
Married to Rhozin Gellygen of Kiene | Mother of Winter Pearle and Keir
Tyris

Post by Tyris »

It was morning when Tyris arrived at the estate having ridden in on horseback. The wedding was a family only affair and therefore as Thea's cousin he was more than duty bound to attend her special day. He personally found the situation quite odd, a marriage between the most wayward of the Winterbourne's to the daughter of the Queen's who themselves were married to the King, a Winterbourne. Pity the chroniclers and the lineage historians who were forced to craft the roll's of their family he thought, as he slowly dismounted his steed and handed it off to a nearby waiting stable boy to be fed and watered.

The invitation was such that he, along with his wife and step daughter were invited given they were married into the house of Winterbourne through his own marriage to the Countess Ella Blackwood. He did not worry about them arriving with him however, not least that Ella was often busy with the runnings of the Mayorship of Fenia City and the position of Finance Minister of Fenia, but also they both had their own ways of arriving at the venue which were far swifter than horseback. And while his wife would more than welcome taking him through this same method of transport, he had to admit, he simply preferred horses. The beauty of nature, the sound of the birds, and the peace of the roads often made a good companion for this most chivalrous of knights.

To reflect his status, Tyris wore the colours of the Royal House of Winterbourne. Wearing a fine silk doublet of silver grey which was embroidered with black velvet and obsidian stones which had a unique touch that glittered in the early days sunlight. Upon his finger was his jeweled wedding ring and over his shoulder was a black half-cape which had the family sigil stitched into the fabric. It was ideal for the October weather, the winter had not quite set in, and so would provide warmth while still enabling him mobility. Upon his belt was his sword 'Sunsword', the hilt of which was made of the finest silver and finished in a wolf pommel much like that of his cousins, however his was also gilt in a gold line and the eyes were dotted with similar obsidian stones to that of his doublet. Upon his head was a velvet black plumed hat which had quite the notable feather attached to it, that of a black peacock, again Tyris was least in his mind, a chivalrous knight, and that must reflect as much in his clothing as it did in his ability to fight for his King, his Kingdom and ofcourse, as he looked over the estate, his family.

He walked swiftly up the steps of the front of the estate and into the entrance way, where he would have no doubt, he might run into other members of his family, or at the very least be directed toward the venue for the upcoming wedding of his cousin Thea.
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

It was not long before Aishe located her and carted her off to Aileigh's room. She laughed softly and easily kept up with her cousin. Something seemed to be bothering her, but it did not take them long to reach the room, leaving her no time to question her. It was probably for the best though. There was no need to damper the seemingly happy occasion.

“Gæa, you made it! I was worried the forest would take you back.” The tease was accompanied by a hug before the damphyr tilted her head. “My hair requires flowers, dear simensa!”

Ro laughed and hugged her back. It had been years since she had heard her romani name. "It is easy to get lost in the forest. It brings about a peace I can not explain." Once Aileigh was seated again, Rowena began working her magic, placing flowers delicately and intricately through her hair.

Then the request hit her. “I would like a seat with flowers on it, for our fallen Phoenix. A beautiful bouquet of red, orange, and yellow flowers and lots of leaves. Can you make that happen for me, Ro?” Ro looked at her through the mirror and smiled warmly to Aileigh.

"Of course simensa. It would be an honor." She knew who it was meant for without the need to even mention the name. Aingeal would be there at least in spirit and through all those she had touched. Rowena would make sure to do her memory well and beautifully for this beautiful and special day. She finished up the flowers in Aileigh's hair and then moved in front of her, getting down onto her knees. She held out her hand and presented a special wild iris, dietes, the center petals of it red, the outer larger petals with a yellow strip fading into orange. "To keep close to you simensa."

(this is a dietes, colors described are altered from what they normally look like of course. )
|Gaea||Mayor of Cork||Wife to Vand|
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

“Will you do my hair then, Bibio? I trust you.” Mallory nodded and couldn't contain a smile that seemed determined to stretch broader than her cheeks allowed. She set to work, pleased with the deftness with which her fingers worked. “I suppose I got lucky on that front. And yes, I’ve eaten. Needless to say, I did not sleep well, so I have been up for a while.” She fought back a giggle. "I remember not sleeping well. I was in this position not so long ago. I don't think I slept more than two hours." she mused softly in response before moving back to work with renewed focus.

She had always enjoyed fixing her Dai's hair as a child and it had come in handy more than a few times for Royal functions. Even plain dresses could be dressed up with the right hair styles and for the longest time that was all the blonde wore. Her phei, something she still struggled to believe she had, and the rest of her family had worked to help her wear more outgoing and colorful items, setting aside the plain blue and browns she often found herself wearing because they were what she'd often had as a child, color came from the scarves she draped around her hips, or flowers pinned in her hair, even ribbons. Fashion, it seemed would never be her forte, but she was learning.

She caught a glimpse of Aishe as she slipped from the room, hopefully, Mele thought, to retrieve some flowers. As she worked she admired the dark contract of Aileigh's hair against her skin, it certainly made her eyes stand out. She would be a lovely bride and hopefully this union would be happy and blessed. When she finished her work she stepped back and grinned as the perfect person to help with the flowers arrived. Quietly she moved off to the side and watched the pair. Her eyes misted as she thought of the flowers and her heart ached at the sweetness of the remembrance. She had explained, perhaps more than once, that it wasn't lack of remembrance that created their tradition of not speaking the name of those passed beyond, but the sheer amount of respect for their right to rest that was had. No one deserved the torment of being pulled from that. The flowers would be a perfect memory. Clear to those who knew, and symbolic enough not to cause questions in those who did not.

She moved beside Aishe, speaking softly, "Is there anything further I can do?" she asked, there was usually something to do, and she wanted to make this as stress free for the brides and Aishe as she could. Besides she was teaming with energy and she knew she should offer to put that to good use before sitting for the wedding. Then she reminded herself that she possessed a gift for Aileigh, and leaned over whispering softer still, "And when should I present her with the gift in the box? It's as new as new could get." she eyed the little wooden box with it's pretty ribbon, hoping it was appropriate.
Thea

Post by Thea »

Thea smirked as her cousin dramatically rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. Cora was legitimately annoyed and yet Thea's lips wore a subtle smirk. The threat of flowers in her hair had been successfully avoided, a small victory. She had far surpassed her maximum quota for frilly things, wedding or no wedding.

"I will never understand why there is such a fuss over weddings."

The bride commented as she plucked an apple tartlet from the tray that the servant had set down. She was mid-swallow when Cordelia thrust a tiny bag at her. One hand reached out to accept the pouch as she wiped the crumbs away from the corners of her lips with the other.

"Should I be worried?"

She carefully tugged on the drawstring of the velvet bag before unceremoniously dumping the contents into her lap. Gray eyes examined the comb carefully. It was elegant and definitely expensive. Such precise craftsmanship required great skill. She had barely finished examining it when a box was placed in her hand. She opened this too with a quiet grumble of displeasure. Inside she found ruby earrings to match the rubies in the hair comb. Thea scrunched up her nose as her gaze turned to her cousin.

"Somethings will never change, will they? Ever the dress-up doll for Lady Cordelia Everhart."

Her face melted into a teasing smile as she stood up from the bed. She handed the comb and the earrings back to her Winterbourne kin.

"Alright, you are in charge then. Just remember who you have to reckon with if I do not look presentable!"

The reigns were now safely in her Cordelia's hands. At least this way Thea was unlikely to disappoint the gathering guests or the other bride.
Last edited by Thea on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorathea "Thea" Sanchari Winterbourne | Lady of Redcroft Manor | The Red Wolf
Cousin of the Winterbournes | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, & Lenora | Wife of Aileigh
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

Love filled the room. As she sat in front of the vanity, watching Rowena add flowers to her hair, it was unmistakable how lucky she was. Not only did she have a large family, but she was close to all of them. The family was close knit. She knew things were a bit different for the Winterbournes. The Romany were very expressive, while Fenians tended to be more reserved. That was especially true for the royal family. She wondered how Thea was getting ready and who was with her. Cordelia was a given; the two women were thick as thieves. Then again, Cordelia was probably the only one Thea would want to help her.

The musing was interrupted by Rowena completing her art form. Aileigh admired the flowers, tucked away so perfect into her thick hair.

“Nais tuke, simensa!! I love it.” She expressed gratefully, turning to face her cousin who was now kneeling in front of her. Her face softened when the iris was presented. She accepted it, giving it a light sniff before throwing her arms around Rowena. “Thank you.”

Her gaze shifted over to Mallory and Aishe, eyebrow raising. It was difficult to not eavesdrop when one had enhanced hearing in a small and quiet room. “That’s right - you have the something new. Can I see it? Then I will do my makeup and dress!”
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Seer of BDR | Viscountess of Ettinford
Wife to Thea | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, Lenora, Ezra, & Imogen
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
| Sanchari Family [Profile]
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia laughed at the mention of dress-up. She was well aware that she was the only one to get away with things like that - it was a way Thea showed her love. Tolerance. “I live to torment you, cousin.”

As Thea passed the gifts back, she sat them aside and found a brush to sort out the morning hair of the bride. Thea preferred to keep her hair shorter, likely a way to get around the complex hairstyles of court. It was sneaky, but the look also fitted the woman. Cordelia did not think she would look good with short hair. As she brushed, she responded to an earlier comment.

“Weddings are important. The start of forever, the merging of two people and families. For us, of course, it’s also a symbol of status. I imagine it’s the same for the Romany.

Why don’t you rinse your face off for me?”
She motioned to the water basin before examining the wares at her disposal. Thea was not one for makeup, but Cora was hoping to give her a natural glow, if just so she did not look so odd compared to the other bride. She had seen how vibrant Aileigh’s looks could be.

“I have spent some time with Aileigh around the palace and in the taverns. She seems lovely. I’ve learned a little bit about their culture, but not much. They are a tight bunch… I am sure tonight will be fun.”

She examined her cousin’s face for a brief moment before picking up a pressed blush. It looked like it was made from rose petals and iskirberries. She dabbed her fingertip onto the blush and very lightly transferred the colour to the apples of the cheeks and then Thea’s lips.

“I think she’ll be a good mother. I think you’ve made a good choice. I hope you get as much out of this union as Zev will.

Liner or no?”
The blush was sat down now, with a charcoal pencil held up.
Viscountess Cordelia Zabel (Winterbourne) Everhart-Gellygen of the Highlands, the Horned Wolf
Big Sister to Elisabeth “Elisa” | Cousin to High King Zuan, Thea, & more
Married to Rhozin Gellygen of Kiene | Mother of Winter Pearle and Keir
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Elisa was excited for her friend Aileigh to get married. Though she had been quite surprised at the news. She hadn’t heard Aileigh talk about being in love with Thea often, or rather never now she thought of it. Perhaps she just didn’t remember?

The day before the wedding Elisa had been invited to the henna party. While Elisa wasn’t raised in a Roma culture, she had gladly joined the group of her friends not that long after living in Widu. She liked the closeness they had and the feeling of family. She wasn’t always good with the rules or traditions they had, but she tried to respect them. Luckily this group was very open to other cultures as well. The henna party sounded like fun, so why wouldn’t she go when she got invited? At first it felt strange, the henna being applied on her hands (*) and feet, but soon she got used to it. She had wisely let the drawing up to others, people who actually knew what they were doing. She was glad the design was a more subtle one, she thought it looked like an expensive jewellery but then painted on. When it was on the couldn’t help but look at it quite regularly, as it would keep caching her eye since she wasn’t used to having henna. It had been a fun night, she was glad she went. Though keeping her hands still for the henna to dry had been quite challenging.

Elisa did feel quite fancy today, Alice had let a dress be altered so it would fit her. It was a beautiful blue dress with very long sleeves. The fabric was of a good quality and it had gold tread embroidering. When she thought nobody was watching she’d spun around in the dress, making the long sleeves spin around her. This was definitely not a working dress. She knew Aileigh liked dressing up, so in some perhaps weird thought process she felt Aileigh would like it if she was dressed up as well.

Now she had met up with Cordelia and Alice. They had agreed to attend the wedding together, as a first family trip. It made her a little bit nervous. After the news was out they had spent some time together to get to know each other a little bit, but it still all felt pretty new and a little awkward sometimes. You can’t just catch up for years in a few weeks. There would be a lot, if not all of them, Winterbournes at this wedding, given it was one that got married. It had turned out they were her relatives through her mother’s side. She still wasn’t used to this idea, to her it still was quite unbelievable at times. Some moments she still expected somebody to come and say that there had been a mistake and it wasn’t true. Nobody had so far, luckily. As more often with more formal events, the few she had been to anyway. She was nervous to do things wrong and look a fool. Especially since she wasn’t there as an odd peasant this time. Alice, she really should start thinking her mom, and Cordelia had promised to be there with her which put her more at ease. Usually it was Aileigh who was by her side in these more official things, but obviously she wouldn’t be available today. Cora had excused herself right away but Alice was still with her. As it was still too early for the ceremony they had taken to walk around the grounds.

* black henna, not white one
thanks to Aishe for the banner
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

Rowena smiled and stood once Aileigh took the lily. She hugs Aileigh once more, carefully and then takes her leave to go address a chair. It did not take her long to figure out which chair to use, and she set to work, making it as beautiful as the woman it represented.
|Gaea||Mayor of Cork||Wife to Vand|