Office of the Public Prosecutor ~ Report Crimes here!

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Arilynn

Office of the Public Prosecutor ~ Report Crimes here!

Post by Arilynn »

*sits at her new shiny desk and looks around*

If anyone has any crimes to report {robbing, revolts, ect.}, please do so here and I will help you. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me privately {either IG or via forums}.

I'm here to help!

~ A
Melusine

Re: Office of the Public Prosecutor ~ Report Crimes here!

Post by Melusine »

Skips into the Public Prosecutors Office

"I would like to report a crime"

Mel hands over the evidence to the current PP
Aug 12, 1650 8:00 pm: Your revolt against the Town Hall of Widu failed! You left weeping.
"Oh wait......... oh no......... that was my own" tries to take it back
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Fenia must be out of justice points :lol:

Two revolts not even entered court, all but two myself included not charged yet for Widu and nothing for Fenia city ;) All I got was a mail :lol:

Staff is where? So glad there are no staffing problems :lol:
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Maybe nobody cares? ;)
balerion

Post by balerion »

That cannot be true. I always care about what my dear sister is doing. :)
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Well...she's probably right anyway.
Ceora Esinti

Post by Ceora Esinti »

Ceora leaned her forehead against the door of what was apparently her office, and breathed a sigh of relief. First she'd been shanghai'd by a kender of some persuasion to move to Fenia, then found herself before the King in a whirlwind of events that she still couldn't sort out... and now, after weeks just trying to find her office in the busy winding streets of the capital, she had posted her announcement in the wrong town in the wrong part of Secfenia.... and now she was having the odd sensation that she had done this before.

The wood of the door was pressing patterns in her skin. Ceora took a deep breath, and entered.

The room was smaller than she'd expected, or perhaps that was forced perspective only - really, the walls were not visible in the gloom, nor between the precarious stacks of bound volumes and loose sheets.

She was glad she'd had the letters sent from the palace, but she did need to post the announcement here. She would have to find a desk in the room somewhere, but meanwhile left the office and closed the door, then turned to post a notice on the wall beside.
To the creatures of the Kingdom of Fenia, Greeting:

As the new Public Prosecutor by the grace and appointment of our beloved monarch, may his beneficence never wane, I wish to announce that I am in place in this position, and working to prepare the case in regards to the recent revolt in Widu.

I do apologize to all - victims, witnesses, suspects and My King - for a delay in taking this on; I am wrapping up duties from past enterprises in Arr Ell and Arr Kay, and time has escaped me. Moving forward, at this time, our duty to King Project LVI is unwavering and undeniable; his generosity is bottomless and pursuit of the unlawful but a small way to show our loyalty.

Posted this day by the grace of His Munificent Majesty, Project LVI, King of all Fenia, and despite the delays of his most insignificant and unworthy subject,

Ceora Esinti
Public Prosecutor
Kingdom of Fenia
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

I wish to report a crime, it appears as though the Fenian officials have placed charges against Gordon who was commissioned via another Fenian official for completing the task they were given and upon hearing this the court and Prosecution continues with the trial by calling witnesses.

I call to see the charges brought forth upon the Fenian official that had commissioned this poor innocent man, this man had to have trusted this official to have taken on the task. If this claim was false the Fenian Official under question surely would have been called via the prosecution since no official was called to answer to these claims they are undisputed via the prosecution and charges should be laid against the Fenian Official in question.

I lay claim that the Fenian Official in question must be Taz, the current only giver of Town Grants within the Town of Imperius

Evidence:
Current Judge: Nerevar
Current Public Prosecuter: Evelyss

The Viceroyalty of Fenia Vs Gordon (Last Modified: Nov 07, 2010 4:57 am)
Filed Under: Public Disorder (Status/Ruling: In Progress)

Indictment by Public Prosecutor: (Entered by Evelyss)
Today I bring before you charges against Gordon for hoarding wood, from the market of Widu, on the date of November 5th. Hoarding is an offense against the decree of His Majesty, that states:
"The hoarding of items from the markets of the Kingdom of Fenia by any creature will not be tolerated."
(The offender is welcome to arrange an agreement with this court to sell 20 wood he bought back to the town of Widu, for the price he bought them.)
Defense Plea: Innocent
your honor I plead not guilty,

the prosecutor claims I bought 20 wood from the market on the 5th of november when in my events I had bought 11 wood on that day and for of those were my own into my hometowns grant for which my hometown commisioned me to come to Widu and purchace wood as much as I could get, if what I am hearing is instead widu does not wish commerce with other towns I can simply depart with the wood I currently hold in grant for my town.

Gordon

Prosecution Witnesses: 3

Witness: tigerlily
Tigerlily enters the courtroom; when she hears her name.

Your honour.

On the 5th of November, I had 13 wood bushells on the market for the citizens of Widu to purchase. But on that day, Gordon purchased them via a town hall grant. We are happy to sell our wood to other towns but his purchases cleaned us out.

Lily hands over her report:

Lily quietly leaves the courtroom.

Witness: Morghain
Morghain walkes into the Courtroom after receiving her summons to give witness. After listening to Tigerlily give her testimony, she steps forward to give hers.

Addressing the court, she says "Your honor, due to a seeming lack of wood on our market, I'd forgone working in my workshop for a few days so that I could chop wood. As you know, wood is an important resource for many of our professions.

I'd been putting the wood on the market as soon as I had a good handful and had managed to build up a fair amount. On November 04, 1650, all the wood that I had accumulated on the market was bought by the same person.

I thought it a little odd but made not comment about it until a couple of days later, the same person cleared off a further 7 wood from me when there was so little on the market. I immediately contacted our Mayor with my concerns and was directed to keep a copy of my receipt of the transactions.

These are copies of the sale receipts from both days.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2093l3t.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2eeh75v.jpg

Having provided her evidence, she stands and returns to her seat.
Witness: Misty
Misty hears her name called, she steps forward and say's :Your Honour,on Nov 5th I had placed 7 bushells of wood on the market. They were then purchased by Gordon, via a town grant." "That is all I can say Your Honour."
Misty quietly leaves the courtroom.

Defense Witnesses: 0
None
Gordon's home town of Imperius wood market this can only be a case of hoarding from Town Hall

Evidence:
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Thank you Melusine. I was resting briefly yesterday but I was told by Edward that after Gordon was prosecuted that he had possibly been commissioned by Earl Taz himself to get this wood and had already intended on investigating this matter personally. If it is indeed true I definitely believe there was a lack of communication between the Earl of Imperius and the acting Mayor of Widu, Tigerlily, and encourage them both to use the several channels of communication they have available to them. Alas none of us are perfect though and I understand that mistakes are made. And just as Gordon was offered to make amends so will Earl Taz. This situation will be handled immediately. Again thank you Melusine for further alerting me of this case.

EDIT/UPDATE: I have spoken with everyone and I am happy to say the charges against Gordon have been dropped, as expected, and amends have been made.
Ruza

Post by Ruza »

Office stickied and ooc posts split off.