(ORP) A Bandit Hunt

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Zuan

(ORP) A Bandit Hunt

Post by Zuan »

It was a usual day at Court for the King of Fenia, sitting upon his dragon-bone throne and listening to the wishes and desires of the people. Zuan always had mixed feelings about these events, on the one hand many would simply see it as an event for Zuan to show-off his power and wealth in front of the peasantry. Sitting in his throne, surrounded by his guard, wearing noble regalia, and his crown made from gold it could clearly be mistaken as just that. However to Zuan this was not the purpose of his Court, no the purpose of this court was to hear the needs and requests of the people of Fenia, and when possible assure their safety, protect their wealth and well-being. He knew he wore the crown, but it was the people that were the life blood of his Kingdom, and so as he sat there deep in thought as another request was made. One of the small villages on the outskirts on the Kingdom was suffering from a grain shortage, and this was easily remedied by the coffers of the Kingdom, however Zuan had to wonder how these shortages had occurred in the first place. There had been no extreme weather conditions to kill the crop, nor had there been any parasite or insect infestation, so that meant there was only one other option to the shortage. He decided not to bring it up at this point, instead nodding to the representative from the village, and then giving the command to send the village the reserves.

The day continued on like this for a few more hours, with nothing else out of the unusual occurring, until the end of the Court, when a peasant burst into the chambers calling out to the King in a distressed tone of voice, which caught the attention of the Court’s nobility, however they were displeased with his outburst as it did not follow the proper proceedings of the court. Zuan however remained calm, and with a gloved left hand, beckoned the man forward to speak. The man began to tell his tale, of his own village which was on this day supposed to provide it’s taxes of grain to the Kingdom, but in the last week the village had been struck by bandits. The brigands, according to the peasant had ransacked the village, looting anything they could, and burning the rest, before enforcing their own Ironfist rule on the village after killing the Elder and his family. Zuan did not look down or away from the man as he recounted the brutal details of what had happened, he looked straight into the man’s eyes and came to the simple conclusion – That he was telling the truth – and with that truth came the need for action. He could send the guard, or the army, or a battalion to deal with the issue, that’d be simple, but it wouldn't be clean, and as the man retold his tale, flash backs of Zuan’s own past rekindled in his mind, of how his own families farm had been burned and looted. He would not sit back in his throne, and let others act out his duty for him. Finally standing from the Throne, he walked slowly down the steps, and looked into the old man’s eyes, before placing a hand on his shoulder, and speaking.

“I promise you, I will get your village back, and the bandits will meet Fenian steel before the end of it. I will ride in three days with some men, and we will put a stop to their crimes.”

He then turned to the Court as a whole, his eyes turning to the castilian “See that this villages debts are nulled for this season, give this man food and shelterHis eyes then darted to his Sergeant at Arms “And you Sir, inform the General tell him to mount up some troops and we will leave in three days” Without another word, he did not need to tell the Court was dismissed, as his advisers made preparations for what he had decided, he himself headed off to his Chambers, this was not revenge, this was justice and that was his duty, and his alone to act out.

(OOC: Anyone looking to get involved PM me)
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Kael_Storsai

Re: (ORP) A Bandit Hunt

Post by Kael_Storsai »

'Its been a month now that I have been in these lands, business is slow and I cannot afford much but the basic foods and blacksmithing equipment to sharpen my blade. My ship smashed into the shores, the gem theif escaped my grasps...bloody Fenian knights arrested me. I guess I should be grateful that this king of theirs has an eye for talent. I don't like owing people, so the sooner I get this debt paid the better...after all...you just simply don't walk away after crashing your ship in their kingdom...causing public disorder and dispatching three knights and injuring another.'

Kael Storsai Journal
Kael always completed his contracts, that was a fact. He had never failed an assignment nor had he delayed one, yet that Gem thief. Davo Hanlle had slipped through his grasp like a wet fish and hidden itself in the deep ocean that the lands of Fenia was. Kael was truly ashamed of this failure, yet there was no way he would let a Dragon Heart Stone vanish from his view. He'd built a small little information system from within Imperious, a few traders willing to share rumours and a handful of orphans like he had been made for good starters, he'd learnt only a few things. Davo had kept out of the main cities and stuck to villages, with the Dragon Heart stone he'd hired a few more men to help protect him until he could sell it. Kael was sure to chase up on those rumours and find the truth.

He leaned over the bar and looked from right to left. "Oi Tavern wench, get ya backside here and bring'in me a whiskey!" he yelled, he could hear the swearing and curses from the tavern wench coming from the kitchen. Something about a son of a mage and waiting his turn. Kael smirked and looked around whilst he waited. He saw a few elves chatting in a corner looking suscipously at any humans, whilst by the couch sat a pretty little ravened haired lady who was on her own looking peacefully at the flames. He licked his hands and wipes his hair backwards, time to shine he told himself with a smile.

"Xcuse me sir..I have a letter here from the King I do."

The voice was young and thin, a boy's. Kael looked down and saw a young boy dressed in rough dirty hides, snot hung from his nose as he handed the note to Kael. The boy used his sleeve to wipe the snot away and spoke again. "The king said, give this letter to the sale-sword...and he gave nice a nice gold coin for it too sir.."

Kael kept looking at the child until the boy became nervous with his silence and he ran off. He read the letter.

Sale-sword, you shall join me and my army as we march upon a bandit group. Come show me your worth in coin.

With a faint smile, he nodded to himself as if he was agreeing. He had to admit he had been itching for a fight and considering that the feninan militia had no real man or women at his level he had grown bored. This would be a great way to show off to the king and possible demand for a raise of what he was already getting paid. With that in mind, he picked his belt up and tied it around him, Checking his short sword and Sai were there. It was a possible lead, a bandit group. He wondered if Davo would be there, whether or not he was. Kael would kill and he liked that.

"Alright...time ta be earnin' my gold !" he said to himself with a smirk. He walked off to go find the King, he wondered where he should go. Prehaps the throne room first ?
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

Cathrina was busy at work in the mill, along with her steward. A few hours later, her stomach growled and she turned to Ylenia "We've had enough work for now, let's go and have something to eat..." Ylenia nodded to her "Yes, madam.". Shaking her head, she looked at Ylenia "No need to call me madam."
Shortly after they settle in for lunch, Cathrina spots a panting messenger running towards them "Excuse me, ladies, I have a message for a certain miss Cathrina. It's from the king and it's very important." "Well, let me have a look at it, young man." She holds out her hand to the messenger. As soon as he hands her the letter, she opens it, beginning to read.
Good lady, join the army on a bandit hunt. Look at it as a chance to put that sword of yours to good use.
Ylenia tugged on Cathrina's sleeve "Miss Cathrina, you can't go! It's dangerous!"
Shaking her head, she pats Ylenia's shoulder "Don't worry, I'm sure I'm not going alone... Besides I can look after myself, so don't worry."
Ariada

Post by Ariada »

Ariada was just finishing her daily archery practice at the town training ground. She wiped a bead of sweat from her brow, and went to yank her arrows out of the target. She grinned, pleased with herself. All five arrows were deeply embedded in the bullseye. A good days work, she thought, packing up her quiver and slinging it over her shoulder. As she exited the training ground, a messenger in royal livery stopped her.

"Excuse me, madam or miss. Might you be Ariada the wood elf who won the King's archery tournament?"

Ariada raised one red eyebrow at the strange little man, wondering what he could want. "Yes, that's me."

The messenger sighed nervously, shuffling from foot to foot. "Ah ha, good, then this is for you," he said, offering her a scroll dripping with seals with a stiff bow. Ariada took the scroll with a frown, breaking open the seal with a push of her thumb. She unrolled it, and read the brief missive with surprise.
To Ariada of Imperius,

As you have proven your skills as archery champion of Fenia, the King requests the services of your bow-arm in the elimination of a bandit threat. Report to the castle in three days time.

General of Fenia
Ariada rolled the scroll back up, thinking on its contents. She owed no loyalty to this new home of hers, but she was itching to shoot something, having only fixed targets to practice with in this peaceful land. Her eyes twinkled in anticipation, missing the excitement of life in the forest. Perhaps this would give her a chance to get her reflexes and shooting back up to scruff. She nodded in decision, and returned back to her house to pen a simple reply to the General - "I'm in."
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

((I'll join, since I was invited, but I'm a bit busy these days, so don't expect long and eloquent posts. >_<))

A delighted smile appeared on Mazork's face as he read the King's message. Finally, a hunt! Not the kind that I am used to, but a hunt nonetheless. It had been a long time since he'd had the chance to go on a proper yvyrm hunt, the orc was getting worried that his skills might get rusty. Not to mention that he was getting bored with his daily life. Being a general included much more boring bureaucracy and politics than he's expected. Oh, there were things he enjoyed about the job, but honestly, sometimes he wished he hadn't accepted the position.

He took a quill, dipped it in ink and wrote a short reply: "It will be done, Your Majesty." He was not one to waste words. After signing the message, he gave it to the servant waiting outside his office, who'd deliver it to the runner waiting downstairs.

Now then... My absence will require some arrangements. Gather the troop today, make the other arrangements tomorrow, the third day reserved for something unexpected...
Fallyn

Post by Fallyn »

Fallyn wore the same serious and determined expression as always, as she made her way to he city of Imperius. She was glas to leave her usual town militia job, even though her face did little to show the excitement.
No more patrolling a peaceful town, no more scaring off the disgusting scum of the earth that were grave robbers. No more listening to other bored guard's nonsense or supervising stupid convicts.
She could create new convicts now. Help to catch those bandits and put them where they belong, behind bars, to rot away and never come out. Make this world a better, more orderly place. Fallyn's frowned deepened as her determination grew. Her version of a smile.

She wasn't in this for fame, financial gain or excitement. Her goal was clear: to rid the world of evil, one filthy criminal at the time. That is what she trained for, every day, for hours at the time.
Fallyn sharpened her sword for the occasion. Not that she ever allowed it to blunt, but she needed to show she was up to the task, in case whatever inept man might be in charge wouldn't be able to tell on first sight.
She walked with long strides. It would be impossible to be the first to arrive, but she defintely wouldn't be late.

Eventually, Fallyn arrived at the location were the troops were gathering. "Tell your general I've come to assist in the bandit hunt. Fallyn Fallmour.", she told the first soldier to come in her direction. "Be quick about it!", she added after his initial hesitation.
Fallyn then looked around the site, glancing about fiercely at anyone who might mistake her for the kind of woman that could easily be messed with.
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

Bandit Hunt

The Territory: The Village itself is spread out, and there are no walls protecting the settlement therefore long range archery and mounted combat is possible throughout the town. However those on horse are likely to be more restricted as they enter further into the settlement due to the widing and unorganised village streets.
The Foot Soldiers: Situated throughout the village are bandits, all of whom are armed with weak iron weapons and padded leather armour and, and wooden shields, whilst some are equipped in chainmail armour and coifs. Some are equipped with spears, and crossbows; others with swords and axes and none of them are on horseback. However this does not mean they are not skilled fighters. Many of the Bandits have spent years fighting and robbing, whilst others have moved towards a life of crime from that of being a guard or soldier, and so a fight will be expected and most of the Bandits are unlikely to flee unless their leader is slain.
The General: The General himself is a barbarian warrior, leader of the local hill tribes named “Two Fang” he wields two battle axes, and his armoured in leather and fur. However his build makes him taller than any normal man, and has the strength to wield both axes and fight multiple opponents at once, however is unlikely to appear unless true commotion is caused.

Task one: Kill 25 Bandits

Guide:
To Decide how your post goes simply go to the Tavern and type “/roll” and you will then role any number between “1” and “6” this will decide the outcome of your turn, and then you will subsequently RP that turn here. Whilst there are no post restrictions, I would ask that once you perform your first turn, you wait until two other people have had turns before having your ‘next’ turn.

Roll Outcomes:
Roll 1 – Kill A Single Bandit.
Roll 2 – Slay 2 Bandits
Roll 3 – Miss
Roll 4 – Enemy Strikes you (3 Strikes = 3 People must have a turn before your next roll)
Roll 5 – Enemy Seriously Injures you (Must wait for 3 people to have a turn before your next roll)
Roll 6 – Strike an opponent (3 Strikes = Death)
(For Those on Horse your first '4' or '5' will result in you being dismounted and no penalty will be applied to you)
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Mazork teleported near the village some time ahead of others in order to scout the situation. Usually this would be done by military scouts, but seeing as the king himself was with the hunting group, Mazork wanted to take a look himself. The scouts would be arriving shortly. Protected by a camourflage spell, he made a round around the village before closing in on the edge of the village. Even with the camourflage, it was risky, because darkness had yet to fall and there was very little cover in the immediate surroundings. However, when he arrived to the first building, there were no signs that his approach had been noticed.

Mazork, on the other hand, had already spotted one bandit sitting atop the house, drinking and keeping watch. Fortunately for Mazork, the man was not so good at the latter. The orc quickly found the ladders leading up to the rooftop. Silently, he drew his sword and climbed up, hoping that the ladders wouldn't make any noise under his heavy body. At least he didn't have his armour, shield and axe, since moving lightly and silently in heavy equipment was impossible even for him, an experienced yvyrm hunter.

The sentry was sitting on the roof ridge, a crossbow by his side, looking uncomfortable and royally bored. Understandable: his friends were down there looting and raping, while he had to sit and watch, a jug of liquor his only comfort. Putting him out of his misery would be almost a service, Mazork thought drily as he approached at a torturously slow pace.

"Hm? URG..." The man let out a muffled noise as the orc covered his mouth and plunged his sword through the bandit's body in a swift, efficient move.

This should give us a blind spot to approach, a chance to surprise them, Mazork thought while dropping down from the roof and making his way back to meet the other scouts.

(((22:30:48) Idunno (Tavern Wench): Mazork rolls 1d6 and gets 1.))
Ariada

Post by Ariada »

After Mazork reported back, Ariada joined a small group headed to a ridge overlooking the town. She moved swiftly and silently through the woods, emerging on a narrow pathway between the rocky cliff that fell down to the town's edge and higher bluffs rising up behind. She crouched down, and edged her way along the path until she found a good vantage point. There she pulled an arrow from her quiver and drew her bow back. She scanned the town motionless, searching for a target.

Movement flashed below. A guard was patrolling back and forth between two buildings. Ariada grinned maliciously, and pulled the arrow back to her ear, the bandit locked in her sight. Just as she was about to release the bolt, she heard a loud BOOM and CRASH behind her. She spun around, looking up at the bluffs above. Several rocks tumbled down toward their group. She raised an arm and ducked to block the stones from hitting her head. "The rocks!" she shouted to the rest of the fighters. "Get back to the trees!" She ran across the narrow edge, and dove out of the way of the tumbling rocks. She was too slow; a giant boulder crashed down toward their group, landing on her leg as she scrambled off the ridge. Ariada screamed out in agony, turning over to clutch her shin as the boulder continued its collision course off the other side of their cliff. "It's broken," she hissed through clenched teeth, sweat rising on her brow as her skin rippled with reddish-pink scales.
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

Cathrina was beginning to lose patience while waiting for the right moment to head towards the village. Once there, she spots a couple of bandits, sitting on a table, drinking ales and playing cards. Suddenly one of them sees her, jumping off his seat, shouting at her
"Looking for trouble, blond little wench, are you?"
She smirked, drawing her sword
"Shame, boys, you're good looking, but you need to be taugh a lesson."
The first bandit scoffed, charging at her, swinging his knife, only to find it knocked out of his hand. The man swings a punch at her jaw, letting out an angry cry. Cathrina grabbed his arm, twisting it violently, causing the man fall on the ground. Scoffing, she brings down her sword, digging it deep in his chest. The second bandit took off running as his comrade fell. She yanks her sword out of the dead bandit's chest, chasing after the other man.
"You know you won't get far. Surrender and I might let you live."
The man kept running, ignoring Cathrina. Infuriated, she quickly caught up to the man, grabbing him violently, hissing in his ear "Told you running wouldn't help you." before cutting his throat.
((16:12:26) Idunno (Tavern Wench): Cathrina rolls 1d6 and gets 2.)