[CRP] A Wayward Son Returns

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Bhenithius

Re: [CRP] A Wayward Son Returns

Post by Bhenithius »

"Uhh..um..I?..." he thought about explaining to the Minister about how he had sustained two recent wounds at the hands of that Antique's Shop owner and Witch, Anique, but something gave Bhen the impression that this woman cared very little except her schedules. Not to mention that she was a person of royal authority and risking the displeasure of the King by refusing her wasn't really an option. He held a hand over his bandaged side and sighed wearily as he replied, "...I need to send off a letter .. before we go then." His saviour and healer, Lucilla, whom had rescued him from a certain death at the hands of Anique, had shared with him during one of his moments of lucidity that his mother and sisters had gone to Paz. His mother was Pazini and there was an uncle there that they may have found shelter with. It was worth a try..

"May I borrow a piece of paper and quill?"

Dipping the quill into the purple tinted ink, Bhen jotted off a quick missive to his Uncle..
Folding the letter up Bhenithius asked,"Do I have time to bathe, at least?"
Magleen_Hoddlekopps

Post by Magleen_Hoddlekopps »

Minister Hoddlekopps smiled an overbitten smile and replied, "Oooof Course, Meelaird oof the Mooowia!"

Only moments later, the Minister's heavily packed wagon was jostling and bustling about as it hit just about every rock, divit or pot hole on it's long journey out the northern gates of Imperius and onwards towards the North Mogwire Shire. Loa'Mah and the Minister shared the front bench as the assistant led the reins of the team of horses pulling them all. In the back, Bhen's bucket of cold well water he was forced to take along as his means of washing sloshed and splashed so much, it had seemed like half the contents had been lost before he even had time to scrub under his armpits. But there were schedules to keep!!

The Barony of North Mogwire Shire lay due north of Imperius with about 12 miles of riding ahead of them.

"The Mooogwia was once a favooooured hunting grounds of past Mooonarchs, I hea Meelaird." Minister Hoddlekopps informed the young Baron. "Not now, but in the oooold times though, you see.." she made sure clarify before Lord Bhenithius started getting ideas of inviting their Diving Majesty to such a horrid backwater. "The late Laird of the Mooog was naay keen on visitas, you see. The entira shire has essentially skipped unseen and ooout of noootice all these many yeas, Meelaird. Until the sudden and mysterious death of the ooold Laird, you see.."

She clapped her hands together once and loudly, holding them reverently at her sagging and lopsided bosom, "But now it has been bequeathed to yooou, Meelaird! From the Grace of His Highness the High King Zuan! And So it is." She nodded her head for emphasis.
Bhenithius

Post by Bhenithius »

Surrounded by chests, crates, baskets and all manners of other containers of micellaneous goods Bhenithius listened as the Minister talked a bit of this land they were headed to called the Mogwire. He had unwrapped and removed the soiled bandages around his torso and inspected the two stab wounds he had suffered at the hands of the witch Anique and healed by the witch Lucilla. Red and swollen as they were, one could barely tell that the injuries had once been knife wounds only three days prior.

After he had washed as best he could with his bucket of well water and rag, he leaned against a large travel trunk in the rear of the wagon and sighed. "A baron and barely a freznic to my name and hardly more than a ruined set of blood stained clothes to cover myself with. I'm a sorry sight to whoever sets eyes upon me, and an even sorrier baron.."
Magleen_Hoddlekopps

"Ahhhh, quite right, quiet right Meelaird," Minister Magleen Hoddlekopps agreed in reply to the young Lord's obversation. "Why do yooou think this wagon is overfloooowing with stuuuff! Rummage, fummage and lummage through the things back there Meelaird. You'll find an ensemble, i'm suuure..."
Bhenithius

Post by Bhenithius »

At the behest of the Minister, Bhenithius looked around at all the different potential chests. One, two, three... Bhenithius opened the lids of one chest after another. The first was packed with all kinds of linen, blankets and other bedding needs which he closed and moved on. The second had an assortment of old clothes and Bhen didn't waste much time before digging out some trousers, tunic and leather boots. The third had some weapons and a shiny hetal helmet.

basic helmet
third hand quilt  
tailored leggings 
leather boot   
plain sword    
butcher knife

Once dressed, Bhen settled down to rest a bit.
Bhenithius

Post by Bhenithius »

Hours past on their journey towards Bhen's new baronial lands. At about midway through, the Minister instructed him to fish out a basket laden with their lunch for the day, even though it was several hours past lunch, but the Minister insisted that the food had been designated for their halfwaypoint and that if He hadn't held them up so long that morning with his tardiness they might have had lunch on time. As it was, late or not, Bhenithius and his empty stomach were eager and pleased to have food to nosh on and ale to drink.

Nearing the end of their journey Bhenithius watched as ahead in the distance grew the mountain ranges and the twin peeks of Mog that loomed higher than any of the rest, dark, grey, rocky and imposing. The Highroad eventually turned to the east and would skirt around the Mogwire on it's continued path up into the northern reaches of Fenia while they reined their wagon off onto a rough and less traversed road that meandered it's way ever higher into the mountain foothills. "How much further, Minister, before we reach it?" he asked, and not for the first time.
Magleen_Hoddlekopps

Minister Magleen Hoddlekopps glanced over her shoulder at the young Lord and swung her arm forward and upwards in a flourish as she proclaimed, "Waaaay up up up! Between those two great mountains, we shall happen upon the first of your Moggins settlements. Not much more than an outpost, reeeally. Mooog's Maaaw they call it, I hea ... Ruuun by a sect of Moooggins calling themselves Threshold Rangers. Nuisances I saaay. One of the reasons I accompany you, Meelaird." A tone of annoyance could be felt in her words as she spoke on the subject.

"As Laird oof the Moogwia, the great mountain fortess of Möglen Dõr is ostensibly your Baronial seat of pooower. As it haaappens, upon the death oof the late Laird oof the Moog, these mishchievious Rangers sealed the entrance ooof your fortress with slabs ooof granite and waaarding spells... The nerve, reeeally!" she waved a hand dismissively and shook her head. "The Royal Advisory Council requires a complete audit ooof all pocession within Möglen Dõr befooore it can be officially bequeathed to yoou, yoou see... You were honourd with the title, lands and holdings oof the late Laird oof the Moog, but naay were you given his belongings.... Thooose are the King's..."
Bhenithius

Post by Bhenithius »

"Of course." Bhenithius replied with a nod of understanding and on and on they continued up into the foothills, deeper between the twin mountains of Mog, through an ever narrowing mountain pass. Endlessly tall walls of pure mountain stone towered on either side of them here. It was both daunting and magical to behold and experience. And now it was his and he honestly had little idea on what that meant...

At one point they passed a patch of stonework, chiseled and painting with a great big notice...

Further on was the settlement of Mogs Maw that lay at the threshold of the mountain valley known as the Mogwire Shire. It was not much in a way of settlement if truth be told, being nothing more than a cluster of buildings surrounded by a protective palisade. The Minister's Sunese assistant reined the horses and wagon to a halt at they neared the crudely built wooden palisade of this outpost of sorts.

"Oi!!" a gruff voice sounded from somewhere nearby.
Quayle_Quartersword

Post by Quayle_Quartersword »

"Oi! Oi! Hold thaarrr!" Quayle Quartersword of the Threshold Rangers shouted from his post in the lookout tower. "What yarr buisnesses be, ehh? Shnarr!!" he yelled down at the wagon of potential trouble down below before grabbing hold of his decension rope and swinging down to the ground to meet them.
Tummson_Beanteeth

Post by Tummson_Beanteeth »

Hearing a rukus, old Tummson sat up from where he slumbered under a pile of fallen autumn leafs and asked groggily, "Shnarr??" then seeing the wagon he hobbled up out of the leaf pile and waddled towards the newcomers. "Oi! Shaarrr!!!'