[CRP] A Wayward Son Returns

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Farnil_Floptop

Re: [CRP] A Wayward Son Returns

Post by Farnil_Floptop »

The lookie hole in the palisade gate swung open and Farnil stuffed his floppy hatted head through to get a good look at the rukus outside, "What be the fussin abouts now?" Then seeing his father, Quayle and Gramps Tummson approaching the newcomers he shouted, "Shnarr!!!" and went to pull his head out of the lookie hole, but to his surprise, his head was stuck!
Last edited by Farnil_Floptop on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhenithius

Post by Bhenithius »

Bhenithius hopped off the rear of the wagon and raised a hand in friendly greeting as he watched two unknown, an some what odd looking, local men coming towards them demanding their purpose here and shouting the phrase Shnarr! which was an entirely foreign thing to Bhen. A third, younger man sporting an oversized floppy eared hat, seemed to have his head stuck in the gate looking hole and struggled to free himself.

Bhenithius smiled, hoping it would mask his nervousness. "Friends. We haven't come for any trouble, I can assure you of tha--" his sentence was cut off by the shrill and attention demanding voice of the Minister..
Magleen_Hoddlekopps

Post by Magleen_Hoddlekopps »

"Listen hea, yoou unruly Moooogins!" Minister Magleen Hoddlekopps proclaimed authoratatively, stepping down from the front bench of the wagon, her Sunese assistant Lao'Mah following behind. Magleen swung her arm theatrically in the direction of the young Baron and stated firmly, "Thiiis young man hea, is yoour neeeew Laird oof the Moogwia! By the most deeeevine ruuuuling oof our Mooost Belooved and Riteous High King Zuaaan!"
Quayle_Quartersword

Post by Quayle_Quartersword »

Quayle snorted and cocked his head to the side as he questioned the ugly wench, "King?! What King? Where has this o' grand king o' yours been hiding all these many years, I ask ye that! Shnarr!!" He cast a look to old, short and fat Tummson and then returned his gaze upon these newcomers. "Our Mogwire's had to endure the poisonous reign o' that Durk Lord ova Necromancin pig lover for over a century." He scoffed and made a warding sign. Many believed that the Dark Lord still existed and was not truly dead...

"An now this fancy king o' yours be gifting us a new Baron Lord? How generous o'im...." he couldn't suppress the sneer from forming on his chapped lips.
Tummson_Beanteeth

Post by Tummson_Beanteeth »

Tummson Beanteeth slapped his belly in agreement with his son, Quayle, and emphasised the point by bellowing, "Shnaaarr!" with a firm nod for good measure.
Farnil_Floptop

Post by Farnil_Floptop »

"Shnarr!" echoed Farnil where he continued to struggle getting his head out of the lookie hole of their front gate.
Tummson_Beanteeth

Post by Tummson_Beanteeth »

Looking over his shoulder at his grandson, Tummson scowled and waved a stubby fingered hand as he ordered, "Quit foolin round there young pup! Yar embarrassin us front o' these city folk!"
Farnil_Floptop

Post by Farnil_Floptop »

"I'm tryin, Gramps! I am! Me heads all stuck!" Farnil explained in his defence as he upped his efforts to rectify his predicament.
Magleen_Hoddlekopps

Post by Magleen_Hoddlekopps »

"Silence, you blasphemous ingrates!" Magleen Hoddlekopps screeched, thoroughly annoyed by these backwater peasants and their apparent lack of eternal love and worship towards their King. "Yooou...." she pointed a long skinny finger at Quayle, then Tummson and even Farnil off in the back. "Fiiiilthy... Diiirty... Moggins... You wish to suckle at the benevolent teet of our Moooost Honorable of Kings, and yet you give nothing?!" The gall was almost more than the Minister could stomach.

"This... Is... Treason, you see....."
Bhenithius

Post by Bhenithius »

Bhenithius stepped in then, in an attempt to calm the situation, "Please, Sirs... Minister, let's all just take it easy. A barony like this, secluded in a mountainous valley... it can be difficult for word of the hardships it's people suffer to reach the ears of those who can remedy it. If our King had known things were as bad here as you seem to feel, I am certain he would have seen to it long ago. We cannot fix the past, my friends. We can only steer towards a better future."

With a weary shrug and not knowing what else to say, Bhenithius explained, "I am just as unsure of all this as I know you must be. I am not of noble blood. I know nothing of being a Lord, but I can promise you one thing, here and now. I am no Dark Necromancer, and I will do my utmost to do right by the people of the Mogwire Shire."