[~Journal of Karcier Aisu~]

Moderator: Community Team

Krail

[~Journal of Karcier Aisu~]

Post by Krail »

(( OOC Note - Closed Roleplay ))

Theme

The journal had sat there on the desk for weeks before he'd gained the courage to open it and begin writing, the fire crackled behind him whilst the cold night winds crept through any holes in the walls of his coastal estate. Karcier still had the Akavari estate which sat in the far north by the sea, he liked it that way. He would only spend time with his wife and family whilst being away from the noise of civilisation. He sat upright and opened the journal and wrote in the first entry.
Dear Journal,

This is my first entry in what I feel is a new beginning, I believe I have found purpose once more. After months of walking alone on the roads of secfenia I stumbled across an old man selling all his belongings, he sought extra gold to purchase a horse and I kindly offered to buy his goods. Mostly peasantry items but one caught my attention, a ring with the symbol of a phoenix on it. The metal was not one I recognised yet I could feel an aura that I believed I recognised. When asking the old man about it, he merely told me his son had found it in the mountains were a small shrine had been built. I thanked the old man and let him go on his way.

The phoenix on the ring was no ordinary one, it was a specific one used by old Kelron folk tales. One the represented Etaine, Lady of the Phoenix and Fallen Mage. I know this yet it isn't my mind that knows it, it feels...like my blood does. It boils at the feel of the magic that lingers on this ring. Whatever the cause, I shall seek it out tonight.

I won't need to worry about any monsters at least, that Witcher is still stalking the lands killing most of them...jolly good.

End of Journal.
Krail

Re: [~Journal of Karcier Aisu~]

Post by Krail »

Dear Journal

Its fitting that I should remember the war, flames raged high above our heads as the Fenian magic came raining down on us. We held strong, united in a single cause. It upset me that peace had been broken but I stayed at my sisters side even if it meant betraying what I thought was morally right. Its so easy sometimes to cast aside who you are for your family, not a moments thought. It just happens like that. We defended the town until Dakaloi arrived to push the Fenians out. It was luck that they arrived, as I had known that had the Fenians pushed once more they would of broken through.

Now look at it all, all that we have fought for and worked to create into what we thought was freedom. Perverted by what we all believe to be right, it is no longer freedom we hold but a rotting fruit. What united us is long gone, peace had settled and made others become complacent with their lives and feel they are bigger then others. Are we not equal, are we not allowed to do as we will. The dead karcier had his dreams yet such dreams were just that.

Sometimes I question if I could ever change the world like my old self...
Krail

Post by Krail »

Dear Journal,

I've been keeping an eye on the current Rite of Succession, it intrigues me what is said and not said. I have always hated politics but I hate to admit my tempting desire to get involved, I hate to lead but that is exactly what makes me ideal for such a role, it means I will focus on the task at hand and not let petty shouts get in my way...it didn't stop me as FM or Mayor after all.

A good way to describe me is quietly loyal, I need not boast nor shout the loudest simply do the task that is necessary and let the wheels of life turn. My policy is simple, do your job and keep your personal problems, personal. Mixing emotions with work is a sure way to being seen as corrupt, Texas has admitted happily that he hates the Dalakoi and will remove all influence but such is denying their freedom, at least those who are Kienians. Victorious herself, for all her selflessness is in a difficult position to honor the treaty or to break it either ways she has worked with the 'dreaded evil bully dark elf' this simply brings those who hate them togethor and shout even louder, these are mere examples of course.

It shakes the foundations which are set and creates a rift between people when there was no need to make one in the first place, it is a delicate matter. But it is their choice, their freedom to decide what is right for them. Granted all within reason of course, I ought to say you have your freedom so long as it doesn't take anothers or endangers it.

In anycase, I watch, I comment and observe. Who knows, a new revolution might be in the making. Prehaps we shall remain on this path, or maybe chaos shall engulf us all. Who knows, who cares. Let it come and let it be dealt with at the time.

I wonder sometimes, what would people do if I publicly disclosed my true loyalties ? I'd most likely know who my true friends were, that I am certain. I wouldn't mind for a betrayal or two, it adds to the theater play.

End of Journal
Last edited by Krail on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krail

Post by Krail »

Dear Journal

I've died four times, I can't say I enjoy it. Its not very pleasant to suddenly remember everything, its rather distressful but what I dread the most is to remember what I've lost. My home, my family...Genova. Kelona had fallen into civil war, it had gone on for years and at the time it seemed never ending but so far were we from the truth. The Cei'ra had been dispatched to reinforce the army on the Stargaze fields, we held the rebels off and even pushed them back. The pride I had at the time, it was glorious and the feeling of victory as I killed rebel after rebel. Some might of called me crazy with power.

I will never understand what caused them to act so stupidly, I saw it we all did. For those few seconds, the war had stopped as we all gazed up at the fire red skies which burned. The ground trembled and the air became thick with ash, those too weak simply fell to the ground dead. But those of us strong in magic suffered for every inch of power we had. To this day It still eludes me, as to how my soul and powers came to escape my first dying body... but that isn't why I write this.

I am worried, the more I remember the more I find my previous selves...obsessed with these Fallen Mages especially Etaine. It evades me to this day but I know the name, I recognise it yet it eludes me like sand slipping through my fingers. I remember suffering, confusion and pain. Confusion as to what I fight for, pain at the loss of a loved one...my sister Genova. And suffering as my wife died... it is so difficult, so strange. Am I cursed to live forever, to suffer these memories forever...and what of this Etaine...is she linked to the forbidden magic that wiped Kelona's life....
Krail

Post by Krail »

Dear Journal,

Is power corrupting ? I always wonder because so many people throw words such as Corrupt, monster and immoral like they were sweets. I think that it doesn't corrupt. It merely places you in a higher place to earn criticism and hate from those whom haven't or cannot obtain it. Corruption, is within us all power is merely one type to trigger it onto his path, we make the actions and we make the choices. If we become a monster its not always because we want to but because we have to in order to protect those we love. To commit atrocities ensures the survival of those you swore to protect and ensure that others can live. So its not all black and white, there are more then two sides to the coin.

But such common sense is often lost on many and those who know it are usually looked down upon.
Krail

Post by Krail »

Crystal Roses of Kiene
Dear Journal,

I received the Crystal roses of Spirus, they are beautiful. I plan to give them to Faia when I see her next, I hope I'll be able to show them to Theo and Alexis also. I'm sure they'd be curious to know and see a crystal rose. Spirus ... it has been a long time since I was there, the capital is nothing more than a pile of tattered ruins with half baked walls. Strangely enough the crystal garden survived the disaster but all over sign of life in the capital is gone.

When I look back, I see a Kiene that was a Theocracy. It bowed to its God King Xeno and lived a decent life, I don't think there was much trouble at the start. I was a Crystal Knight of the Spirus MIlitia, I was young then and very excited. Worshiping a God was little more then a pass time, I never could take religion seriously. How times change, now it is a Monarchy and as far as I am concerned we are free. But freedom is an invitation to chaos and whilst we have peace and our freedom is not endangered...we create a chaos of our own. However small but enough to shake the foundation.

So I question myself sometimes, was it worth it ? Were we not better as a Theocracy again...but then who would be god or goddess ... Is our freedom worth it if we simply scramble and fight when we have peace. I suppose the answer is that we will always fight, always love and always hate. It is in our nature, we can say that we fight for freedom, we defend our nation or that we invade in order to safe another...but it all comes down to the same end.

Its interesting, how everything changes yet remains the same. Its dull yet interesting. Tsk, all of this came from remembering the Crystal Gardens...I wonder if I planted ne of these...would they create our own crystal garden ?
Krail

Post by Krail »

Dear Journal,

I had a visitor last night at the Akavari Estate, a well armed man. But he was polite if a little short on emotions, he sought out shelter from the coming storm that was raging across the northern coast of widu. I couldn't turn him down. I noticed his eyes, they were cat like and most certainly not human. He noticed of course, I apologized and asked for his name. Reeves or Reveler.. I don't really know how to spell it. I nodded and told him mine which seemed to surprise him a bit but he said little else. I led him to a spare room and told him I'd be in the kitchen if he needed any food.

An hour later he came and we ate, nothing fancy. A loaf of bread, some ham and hot mashed potatoes with a nice glass of wine. We talked for a while, mostly about the sourrounding area's, villages and the mountains. It was nice, I could actaully talk about things that interested me. I learnt that he is a 'Witcher', some kinda of monster slayer for hire, this started a very deep and passionate talk about what a monster is and such...truly a grace of luck that he was here.

It must of been midnight when we both retired and in the morning, he was gone. He did leave a note...but it isn't for me. well not all of it.

End of journal.
Krail

Post by Krail »

Dear Journal

Such an exciting and disappointing Rite of Succession, I can't say I wasn't pleased to see some competition however the way it played out was rather disappointing. I am quite content with some healthy debates and a handful of tricks up a sleeve but continuous mud slinging, flaring tempers and old repetitive nitpicking is very tedious and causes the entire population to split into groups.

I do wonder sometimes, I could of been the first King of Kiene. However I had decided that leading was not for me, I don't like it after all but it doesn't mean I wasn't willing to do the job. Selfless as always, helping others before helping myself. I suppose it worked out, rickfok had taken reign and then Victorious. But there is that nagging desire, of how I would manage. Does me disliking the role mean I would be ideal for it, much like FM or Mayor the work that people did not see was the toughest and most of all thankless but I still did it, never expecting anything in return.

To lead is not a reward, it is a duty. It is for only a few which can stomach the criticism and remain healthy in the face of problems. I can't say I would be perfect, that be a lie. But I'd do my duty. The question is, what would be my goal...if any ? Would I lead a Tryanny for 90 days or a Theocracy were I am God King *chuckles*. Even if it was for only one term. Would I bring us to a new era or simply remain where we are...so many things to consider...so much that could go wrong...but it doesn't matter. The world needs something new and different to liven things up and I am the type to do just that.

I am a Cei'ra with a strong will, I am a fighter and most of all an Old Kienian. Who else could lead our merry bunch than the Mad Mayor himself...*chuckles*
Krail

Post by Krail »

Cei'ra Legacy
Dear Journal,

No doubt you think, so soon another entry ? But I had this one planned and I thought it best to have it written down what a Cei'ra is. Was.

I am sure those who listen to me know that I have stated I am a Cei'ra, clueless you simply nod and discard it or question its origin. I will tell you...well write it down on this journal.

A Cei'ra at its core is an elite fighter, a warrior of great skill and ability and which has shown great devotion to his or her duty. Cei'ras are given blood shards, these shards are linked to the Kelona Capitals Blood Crystal which stands high at the centre of the capital, a relic from the Years of Darkness. It is the source of magic, of life. It grants Cei'ras even greater powers and usually increase their inherited abilities, making them faster and stronger. Sadly the process is dangerous, remaining linked to the shard can sometimes corrupt an individual, turning them to crystal and then become a source of magic themselves.

Cei'ras are the defends of the Lady of the Phoenix, they are the guardians of Kelona and the protectors of its people. Our numbers are few yet our strength is mighty.It is rare for the younger generations of Kelron to become Cei'ra's however I was one of the few which did become one. I had been an apprentice to one of the Cei'ra's simply learning the way and was thus forced into several adventures that shaped me into who I am. I gaurded the Kings life during the failed negotiations which erupted into civil war and survived an encounter with Guardian Ellyn De Biyo, of which few could tell the tale. I was rewarded, by becoming a Cei'ra.

That is all there is too it, I shan't waste pages on the battles fought or those that were hunted because they had become corrupt. Kelona is dead, its people are dead and I am but a memory that refuses to die and be forgotten. A fate worse than death is to be forgotten and I refuse to be forgotten.
Krail

Post by Krail »

Theme
Dear Journal,

I have always worked in the darkest of shadows, working behind the scenes to ensure matters run smoothly and I still do such. A thankless job but it has to be done, if not then things stagnate. I am no good man nor am I an evil one, I'm simply a creature like all other. I dream of a world that doesn't label others for their actions, a world were we just live and fight accordingly. But wouldn't it be dull if it were the case ? Like well planned blacksmiths workshops it would work with no issues but eventually such offers to boredom.

For all we argue that this is wrong, that is right and this doesn't work. We thrive on such occassions, we define ourselves for who we are and become the individual we are. Such is our freedom, our choice and our fate. But listen to me, I am walking around in circles.

What would I do if I were King ? I'd use the tools I have at my disposal to ensure things worked but I'd also ask a few to put sticks in others wheels so that creatures would have a way to define themselves. They might hate me for it but in the end such would of given them a way to become who they are and that alone is enough for me.

Control would be impossible, to say a Leader has control is foolish. We never have control of others, they merely follow because they don't want to lead and we offer them that individual to blame if matters go wrong or offer them the path to glory which they can claim. It is a selfless job and those who complain about a leader are simply jealous they cannot muster the same loyalty, trust and desire to follow even if it meant death.

In the end, there is no power to be had. You can train all you like, we all die no matter what. You are not perfect, you are corruptible. You will be faced with decisions you find difficult and will be hated if you make the right choice as opposed to the morally right one.

Well, I've written far too much. I best leave it as it is...