[CRP] Fragments of the Phoenix

Moderator: Community Team

Krail

[CRP] Fragments of the Phoenix

Post by Krail »

CRP Permission to post - Teide -Alder - (My npc) Alexise

Mountain Trail
'There is a time and place for everything'
The howling wind had become an even bigger nuissance then it had been, the higher Karcier had climbed the colder it had become. It clung to his skin and wrapped itself around his fingers leaving him feeling like he'd fallen into a frozen lake. It didnt help that the rocky path had become narrower and steeper forcing him to use his already frozen fingers. It wouldn't surprise Karcier if this had once been a water fall of sorts which in time had simply frozen at the source.

He cursed under his breathe as he saw snow begin to fall ever so gently, it caressed his skin at first and left an icy shiver as it melted. But it soon turned into a snow storm as he climbed higher and higher, now he was blindly climbing up.

"Why must these places always be in such despicable enviroment" he cursed again as his cold numb hands stumbled to grip the rock. 'Stupid moronic good for nothing cultist...' he paused as a few rays of light pierced through the grey and white clouds. He could see the end of the path if only vaguely due to the snow hurrying to seal away any light. A small laught of victory escaped him, which caused him to lose his grip on the rock and falter ever so slightly, he cursed all feeling of victory replaced by natural fear of falling. In his case, he'd fall very far.

His leather gloves had given in to the cold a while ago and left his skin numb and his bones aching, every time he'd moved his fingers they'd done so slowly. He focused on the first task, climb the mountain. He pulled himself up further and took enough time to ensure his footing was well placed before moving up. His mind raced at every thought, thinking of ways he could fall would anyone find him if he fell, would he survive. Unfounded fears which he couldn't silence. He slowed his breathing and used what strength he had left to finish the last few meters.

"This better be worth it" he told himself.
Last edited by Krail on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krail

Re: [CRP]Fragments of the Phoenix

Post by Krail »

After a minute of repeated snow and slow climbing to ensure he wouldn't panic, he managed to reach a flat rock surface and in the center was a small shrine. The flat surface had been craved out of the mountain and the shrine itself was made mostly of stone with the exception of a few pillars of wood and the odd metallic decoration that jingled in the wind. Karcier wiped away some snow from his mantle and examined his surroundings, the mountain seemed to wrap itself around the shrine as if to protect it, or hide it.

"This must be it" he said "It better be it".

He approached the shrine carefully, all around him were what seemed to be fallen decorations of armors and weapons. Scattered and half covered by the snow, he felt the magic quietly creep around him. It followed him, watched him. He kept his pace steady, one hand protecting his face from the harsh snow that still fell upon him whilst the other held onto the hilt of his sword. As he reached the shrine the snow died down almost completely, he raised an eye brow and turned around to see the snow whirling around the shrine yet he felt nothing. Was it afraid of the shrine ?

He shrugged the thought away and turned back to the shrine, its wooden doors were barely held on at the hinges. Something had forced its way in he noted. Perhaps bandits or a creature seeking refuge from the storm either way he hoped whatever had done such wasn't there now. He pushed what was left of the door open and jumped as it crashed onto the wall with a loud thud. The room was small, barely able to fit more then four people in it. At the center was a pedestal with a tablet, all around it were wilted flowers and old trinkets that had faded to almost nothing. He walked towards the tablet, boots crunching on decade old offerings. He examined the tablet, it had some form of writing which he didn't understand but he recognized the symbol of the burning phoenix at its center. It was one of the many symbols used to represent the old goddess of Kelona, Etaine.

The tablet was surprisingly light for one made of stone, it felt practically like a feather. Then seconds after touching it it began to pulse, fire flowed through the phoenix symbol then leaked onto the words causing it to glow a fire red. It felt warm to the touch and a sense of reward fell over him but it was the voice that forced him into a defensive posture.

"Thy child, ye have proven yourself in the trail of strength. ye have proven your zeal and shown great determination against the guardians, know that I smile upon you. To have defeated the guardians in a test of skill and leave victorious is only but a taste of what ye shall gain when by my side. You need only finish your pilgrim and my gift shall be yours, take this key and fulfill your destiny, Earn the gift of your goddess, for eternal bliss is but a step away."

The tablet then went cold, the fire left it and the voice vanished. Had that been Etaines voice he wondered, he'd never heard it before. He placed the tablet back and as he did a symbol of an eye appeared on the tablet, it eroded the stone symbol of the phoenix leaving a hole. But there was nothing inside it, had the key been taken ? He took a step back, annoyed at the fact he'd leave empty handed then something caught his eye. A handful of roses peeked from behind the pedestal, fresh roses. He kneeled down and examined them.

"Someone has been here before..." he muttered. "And no doubt they also have the key" he wondered for a moment. These were possibly days old unlike the others that had since petrified due to the cold. He gave the roses a closer inspection and grinned as on the stem of one he saw a blue smear, a thorn was covered in it. Possibly blood, he thought. He took the rose and sealed it into his bag. He decided the best course of action would be to take it to Teide, she might uncover who's blood this was.

Battle

Before leaving the shrine, he tossed a teleportation rune that if he wished would take him back to this place so long as the magic lasted. As he stepped out, he heard the sound of metal scraping along stone. He tried to find the sourceo f the sound but could only see snow, he drew his sword in time to block a rough blade striking that cut through the snow storm.

"Such matters are never simple are they" he tells himself as he pushed the rough blade away. The creature, whatever it was dragged itself out from the thick snowstorm and into plain sight. Karcier cautiously stepped around it, noticing the blue stains on its armour as he did so. The creature seemed to be merely magic holding togethor the metal armour togethor yet the hate that emitted from it was real. It swung at Karcier and narrowly missed him, Karcier side stepped to the right and tested the creatures reaction with a few fake swings. It seemed unfazed by the swings and even left one connect but karciers sword simply scraped against the metal armour and left the magic essence inside it intact.

Karcier took a few steps back to consider a different approach, swords wouldn't do much. If he had some form of magic that might've helped but he had none. The creature rushed towards him, blade scraping against the stone. It used inhuman strength and with swift speed it raised its sword but failed to connect as Karcier dodged. He smiled as he drew his gemmed dagger and hit the creature with swift speedy strikes, it staggered and karcier followed with a jumping side kick. It fell to the floor, dropping its sword. Karcier grinned, for all his lost magic he still was quick. He grabbed a rune from his mantle pocket and cracked it, it began to pulse and shake uncontrolablly.

"Please don't explode in my face" he muttered as he tossed the rune beside the creature that was now getting up. Karcier backflipped backwards as it exploded on impact sending bits of armour all over the place. The snow mixed itself with the fire then settled, silence reigned over but the creature didn't seem to reappear. Karcier smiled, his legs ached slightly but that was to be expected after all he hadn't fought in a long time. With the creature not returning it was time for Karcier to leave, to Teides alchemy shop.
Teide

Re: [CRP] Fragments of the Phoenix

Post by Teide »

Teide was back in the shop in Widu. She kept busy going back and forth but it was necessary. Though with a large order of paper she'd be held up in Cork working on it. So she was Back this time only to pick up Alexis and ready her for the trip to Cork. Of course she objected but when she couldn't be back once a week she needed Alexis to be with her. Security was vital and recently the activity picking up with Fallen cultist did nothing to soothe her paranoia. Teide was the guardian of some of the last kelron alive....what she was writing now was trying compile some papers for the last one Etaine....but what she knew was not enough.

Teide reclined in her chair at her desk in the back room. She stared at blank pieces of paper that haunted her. She tapped a pen against her chin. "What to do....what to do...so many of the Phoenix shrines have been destroyed...." She growled and looked at the ceiling when the bell rang. A customer. She sighed and came out of the back room, "Welcome how may we help you.....Karcier?" He hardly came in.....
Krail

Post by Krail »

Strange Knowledge

He stood there hands behind his back, looking at some of the strange trinkets on a shelf which he was about to touch but he quickly withdrew his curiosity when he heard her speak. "Welcome how may we help you.....Karcier?. He smiled and bowed his head, she must not of expected him that left a sense of fulfillment, he'd surprised Teide.

"Good day, Teide." he said. "I hope all is well with you ?" there was a pause as he considered how to dive into his request. "I require your expertise, I found what looks to be blood on these roses I found." he takes the roses out from his inner pocket, they are wrapped in a light cloth which he places on Tiedes counter "The blood itself is light blue and partially frozen but I am in great need to know who's it belongs to...or where to find this person. I know of your abilities as an alchmeist and I hoped that you might have some magic you could use for such a task." he paused. "In exchange, I can tell you about a Shrine dedicated to Etaine, Fallen Mage...and possibly how to get to it...that is if your still researching that area of history."
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide looked at him in mild disbelief for a moment. Just a second ago she was pounding her forehead on her desk bleeding for inspiration. She'd thought she finished it once, reread materials then burned the whole copy...months later she was regretting it now her research had hit a solid brick wall and she could draw the connections she had together. She felt like she was still missing whole sections of the puzzle. Face it when her primary cultural influence disappeared with the Kelron and Karcier died she couldn't really write anything without some new material...and now here was her wish in gift wrap...Teide had to glance around suspiciously for a leperchuan or some other fate twister. This was too good to be true. Was she dreaming?

gods of luck......ABOUT BLEEDING TIME!

Teide had the worse luck out of anyone she knew so she was quick to snatch up the petals while attempting and failing to not seem overeager. She unfolded the cloth and looked closely at the blood. The moment a fingernail grazed over it she got a little shock and brought her hand back like she'd just touched acid. The first thought that came to mind on it's owner was....her. Yet it had been so long and to have such a reaction it couldn't....could it? Only one creature in the whole world could have that effect on her..."It's a deal." she said quickly and started with putting a petal on a glass she slipped under a crystal lens to examine. Her one eye searching it's make up. She reached into her bag and pulled out a vial and started to compare the two. The vial was green and glowing and the blue blood when in proximity. Started to move like a magnet to the closed vial and take on a green hue. She went wide eyed and put the vial back in her bag. That...was pretty good proof but why was one blue and the other green something didnt add up.

"I have a suspicion. I'll make a compass for you that should locate her easily using this blood. It's drawn to them like leeches to blood." Teide chuckled and took out a lodestone. She clipped off a piece. With tweezers she pulled out flake by flake of the dried blood. Then she held the lodestone sliver in her hand and reduced it to refined dust taking out the iron and zinc and brushed the lodestone powder and blood flakes and compressed them so they combined into a new shard within her hands. She then took out a chisel and chiseled the bloodstone into an arrow for the compass. Teide pulled open a few drawers of spare metal parts and spread out her tool belt. She was silent as for an hour she tinkered with it. Teide shushed Karcier occasionally and pointed to books for him to entertain myself as she worked. Finally she came out and showed him a compass. "It should glow a bright green or bright blue the closer you get. Now....a shrine you mentioned?"
Krail

Post by Krail »

The look on her face was priceless, the few seconds of disbelief was a story he'd tell his kids. He smiled faintly as she snatched the cloth covered roses from him, he watched quietly with a faint smile still on his face. Curiosity replaced his smile as he tried to lean in for a closer look eyes trying to focus in the dark shop, why had she just backed her hand away from it he wondered.

'Its a deal'she said, he grinned and bowed his head as she quickly moved her equipment into place, she is going to start now ? He hadn't expected that, he thought she might need time to examine it but instead she'd thrown herself into it. Admirable, he thought. "What do you make of ..." she shushed him. He frowned, it wasn't every time he was shushed but he felt he needn't complain. She pointed out a few books which like a child obeyed and looked into them, some he didn't understand a single word and the rest either turned to blank pages as he tried to read it or simply bored him. As he put another obok back into its shelf she came out and showed him a compass of sorts. He raised an eyebrow at it and nodded.

"It should glow a bright green or bright blue the closer you get. Now....a shrine you mentioned?"

He took out a teleport rune stone and placed it on the counter, he took a moment to think. "Outstanding work." he said with a smile. "As promised, I discovered a shrine dedicated to a Fallen Mage. Etaine, Lady of the Phoneix as she is called by my people, their wasn't much there aside from a lot of snow. Outside it is protected and hidden by a snowstorm that rages fiercely as you draw nearer to it. Once you pass it you are greeted by many fallen and destroyed armours but one of those came back to life in my case...those are possibly the 'guardians' the tablet spoke of." he paused for a moment. "The shrine had various trinkets and offering in it, most very old aside from the roses I brought to you...and the tablet..it sits on the pedestal. It awoke as I held it, a voice spoke out...it was distorted at times but I know it was her..."

He looked at the compass again and then to the Rune. "I left a rune inside which is linked to this one, it ought to last a month but I'm sure you'll manage something more permenant. If I didn't know any better I would consider this shrine part of a trail...a pilgrim of sorts and I intend to fulfill it." that sound strange, he wasn't sure why he wanted to uncover this mystery. It was like a tiny hunger deep within him, calling out. "But one element is missing, a key that was suppose to be within the shrine...there was none and I suspect the being whom had the blue blood is responsible for its disappearance."

There was one detail he kept to himself, the gift of the goddess. She'd find out eventually once the tablet spoke to her, if it spoke to her. The gift was only for the chosen, a thought told him. You are my chosen. "That is our deal concluded, if you don't mind I shall take my leave." he extended his hand for the Compass to be handed to him.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide looked at the teleport rune. She listened to his information very calmly, quietly with an impassive expression. Inside however her natural curiosity was bristling. She listened very carefully to the inflection of his voice though. True Teide had a very strong gift of telepathy and empathy. She could read and feel a person to get any information she wanted if their mind was unguarded but it was rude in her opinion. She didn't want anyone in her head so she returned the favour. More so when it came to those she considered family of the heart. So she listened carefully....

It troubled her a little though as she listened to the tone of his voice. It was very a matter of fact but there was a fall in it. A silence as if there was a pressing thought on his mind he couldn't share in his preamble. That gave her a moment of pause. Her eyes flickered to where she kept the green vial. Teide suppressed a shudder. When he mentioned a key Teide's eyes widened a little...did he mean there were artifacts then? Her blood felt cold in her body but for the most part she hid the expression of panic from her face. Teide had just managed to cancel a summoning of a Fallen...if they got those artifacts....she eyed Karcier not giving him the compass right away as Genova's voice echoed across her memory.

She had to protect them...Karcier, Alexis and Theo. She had to protect them....even from themselves or a Fallen Mage herself.

Her fingers were tight around the compass then she turned and pulled out a blade from under her counter. Cutting her palm she let her blood flow onto the blade and sheathed the blade. The black blood hardened and filed to it's edge. Then Teide came back over to Karcier and placed both the blade and the compass in his hands.

"Stay safe old friend...and if you need it...use this blade." she wouldn't tell him that she knew who it was....but she wouldn't let him go without some protection...in the end Doumar and Etaine would always try to cancel eachother out...Teide didn't hide the inflection of worry in her voice.
Krail

Post by Krail »

Lasting friendship
He carefully put the compass in one of his inner pockets of his longcoat and held the dagger firmly in his hand. He tested its balance and how it felt in his hands, it was a decent dagger if a little strange but it would do. Anything Tiede gave usually had some use, he just didn't really know what. Content with his inspection he replaced his own Redthorn dagger from his belt with Tiedes one, he placed the Redthorn on the counter.

"Do hold onto that one for me, I can't walk around looking like a walking weapon" he says chuckling. "Also, its Redthorn Steel. So do be careful." Redthorn steel wasn't a deadly type but it did deposit tiny blades the size of dust in any wound causing pain that would never end if the wound was healed. A useful weapon to inflict long lasting damage but also a pain to carry around, he smiled only pausing his trail of thoughts for a second or two before he realized he was staring blankly at Tiede. He blushed slightly and bowed his head.

"I always take care of myself, its trouble that should keep away from me" he says chuckling, he made his way to the door and turned back to Tiede. "Take care of that shrine and thank you for your assistance"

He wondered what she would do with the shrine, he knew she would do her upmost best to save it and discover whatever knowledge there was to know. So long as it didn't fall into any fanatics or power hungry people he would be content. He closed the door behind him as he left.

Several Days later
Dear Journal,

It has been several days now, still my search goes on for the hidden trails of Etaine and for my mysterious gifter whos blood glows when I am nearby. I've searched the nearby towns, villages and country side with little sucess. I Did however hold some luck when I stumbled on some old tavern that seemed abandoned, the compass glowed dimly. I sadly couldn't explore it due to the night sky and the wolves which were tailing me in hopes of a quick meal. I plan on returning there soon but before I do. I want to see my daughter and spend the day with her, she looks so much like her mother and yet acts like me when I was young. I miss her...and I know she misses me...so I'll do this for her. I can put my plans on hold for the day.

End
Karcier yawned as he closed his journal, he looked out from his rooms window. The noise wasn't so bad this time of the night, a few drunkard patrons still down below in the Inn but he was a strong sleeper. He placed his journal under his bed and blew out the candle that lit his room. Closing his eyes he let the darkness swallow him as he fell into nothingness. A world without dreams.
Krail

Post by Krail »

Lazy afternoon

"Come on Dad ..."
Karcier begrudgingly let himself be dragged by his daughter Alexies, how was it he couldn't keep up with her. She was far more energetic then he was, she was also clumsy at times but only Genova had been that bad. Karcier shook his head, this must run in my side of the family he told himself, Mages save the world.

"Come on already !" she grunted and gave him a cold dead stare "Your doing this on purpose stop being such a child !" Karcier looked at her shocked, had his own daughter just called him childish. Great, he told himself and rolled his eyes.
"Alexies I'm not exactly able to fly like you... nor can I run as fast as you can fly...and it really wasn't very pleasant to leave me with that angry trader you tied to the Kiene flagpole this morning..." he started to regret telling her he'd spend the entire day with her, such energy she had and it made this day very eventful, mostly trouble for him and fun for her. Now he knew how others felt when he was in the tavern.

She let go of his arm and turned to face him, her phoenix wings gently vanishing as the flames subsided. She stuck her tongue out at him "Well he shouldn't be rude to me !" she said outloud. She had a point, the law about respecting red heads was still up and no one had bothered taking it down since his riegn as mayor. "Plus" she contuined "He is a bully and charges overpriced goods !" she pulled her tongue back in and smiled cheekily "So, someone had to teach him a lesson".

Thats my daughter, he thought. He raised his hands in surrender "Alright alright, you win."

They went on through Widu with a few more incidents, minor ones which hopefully neither the mentor nor the mayor would hear of. Whistling as he walked down the streets and his daughter a few steps ahead skipped happily he couldn't help but realize how she had grown up far quicker then he'd ever expected.

Her inherit abilities allowed her to heal but at the cost of growing older until her ability returned her to a late teenager, she'd be the envy of most other ladies. He chuckled. She looked like she was in her late twenties but had she grown up normally she'd of been theo's age, she most certanly thought and talked like an adult with the occasional attitude she'd inherited from Karcier.

The sun kept shinning through the holes in the clouds, caressing them with warmth. He was a bit jealous of Alexise, she had her powers of a phoenix but Karcier had long lost his he couldn't remember how exactly but he'd lost them. Life is good right now, he told himself, I wish it was like this every day.
"Hey dad how about we go in one of Widus taverns...I'm dying for a drink !" she said with a bright smile, how could he refuse her. "Plllleaaaassseeee ?" Karcier laughed softly, hands held behind his back.

"Fine but I don't want any fights. Be sensible and don't cause a ruckuss. Don't want Tiede hanging me upside down for getting you in trou..." he paused and thought about what he was about to say "But then again your already getting yourselve into plenty of trouble so I don't think me saying it will change much will it ?"
She shook her head giggling and skipped down the road "Doubt it".
Alexise

Post by Alexise »

The tavern they entered was known as the Limping Knight, she'd met a weird looking guy once named Reaver here. He'd been nice enough and put up with her pestering unlike that idiot Kael the infamous nose picker. She pushed through the crowd, it didn't bother her if anything she liked a busy tavern it meant no one paid attention to her. It was easier to remain undectected in a place full of faces but her father didn't seem to appriciate that, she heard him grumble. She smiled, it had been so long since they had last spent time togethor.
She quickly found her way to the bar and pushed with ease a thick peasant who seemed built for plowing fields. He cursed at her but she ignored him. "What do you want to drink dad ?"
"Whiskey...strong !" he shouted back to her, she couldn't see him but she heard him. She motioned for the tavern wench, just don't get into any fights she told herself. The tavern keeper was busy taking orders and filling tankards with ale. In the end she was served both whiskeys, they found a table and talked for what must of been hours.
They shared adventurers and laughed at various pranks they'd played on the people of Widu, she liked how life was right now. It was good, all she needed was mum, theo and teide and it would be perfect. Another hour passed and from the window she saw the sun was setting, she frowned at the idea of having to go home.
"Dad I really am greatful for today, it has been so long !" she jumped from her seat and hugged him tightly, he wrapped his arms around her a warm gentle fire feeling coursing through her. She wasn't alone, she was loved by her family. "We best get going !"