orp One day in the life of.......

Moderator: Community Team

Sharra_tianna

orp One day in the life of.......

Post by Sharra_tianna »

He sat looking at his book and thought * how interesting*. This book was fascinating. It held many stories of days in the life of interesting people. This one was an example........

The wolf arose at dawn and stretched, then looked about him. He suddenly stiffened. Someone was near. They smelled like wolf but not like wolf. From the trees there came a large wolf, grey in colour and the appearance of youth.
Slowly he went forward, stiff-legged to meet this odd creature. It dropped and rolled to it's back in submission.
He relaxed a little, pleased the new one understood the rules. He sniffed it and let a small growl to emit from his throat to remind the youngster that he was the leader and would tolerate no disobedience. The youngster let out a little whine in compliance. Satisfied he allowed it to rise.

*Who art thee that thou smell of wolf and yet not wolf* he questioned. *I be a shapechanger and wert raised with wolves, therefore 'tis my favoured guise* replied the youngster. *Thee may stay as thee likes within mine pack, but thou wilt be obedient to mine rules.*he told the youngster. *We hath to find food first*.

He raised his head and called to his pack to gather for the hunting. Suddenly there appeared several wolves in answer to his call, all warily approached to smell this strange newcomer. He informed them who the newcomer was and that they were to welcome this female to the pack.

They all set off to hunt and the youngster was told to stay behind with the little ones. She was happy to do so as it reminded her of her adopted family. Several little ones climbed over her and others played amongst the bracken.
Several hours passed then there appeared the first of the pack returning. This was the signal for the youngsters to rush forward to ask for food. The returning wolves each in turn regurgitated food for the litttle ones, but the lead female came to the new one and did the same for her and told her to feed.

She was grateful for the food as she was extremely hungry. Once the young ones were fed they promptly fell asleep. This was the time the older ones groomed each other. The lead female came and groomed the new one who returned the favour, thereby strengthening the bond that was forming. The young one then was called into council with the lead wolf and his seconds. They enforced his rules and backed him in fights for leadership.

They asked for information as to who exactly she was. She stretched and started to change till there appeared a young woman. The lead female suddenly ran forward calling her name. It was her bond-sister. They had been brought up in the same pack as youngsters and had bonded in a ceremony not long before the lead female had gone to another for mate.

The lead male and others accepted the young woman for it was not unknown for wolves to raise human children.
There was much fuss and fun as the woman returned to her wolven form and joined them in a rough and tumble.
Later as darkness fell she spoke to the lead wolf,Timber, and told him of her present life. He gathered the rest of the older pack and informed them that if at any time this wolf named Sharra required help in her human or wolven form they were charged to provide it. All agreed to this rule and set about settling for the night to sleep.
TempestElectra

Re: orp One day in the life of.......

Post by TempestElectra »

... This is the day that changed my life.
'Mother, when is father coming home?' i asked. she did not respond. Is she asleep? i wondered. Suddenly she woke, 'Tem where are you?' she called. Scared i could only say 'Mother, I'm beside you. Cannot you see me?' she shook her head. Mother seemed a pale white, she was worse than before. She was meant to be getting better! 'Father is dead my child.' mother said sullenly 'And i am diying so i want you to go to Sharra_tianna. Ok?' lamely i answered 'Ok, do you want me to go now?' she nodded and i left.

4 weeks later when i was with Sharra we received a note saying mother had died. i had no family left. We went inside for dinner after food Sharra said 'I wanted to ask you something, would you mind if i adopted you?' i said 'I don't mind one way or the other.'