Flowing Water [Karcier's Home]

Moderator: Community Team

Karcier_Aisu

Flowing Water [Karcier's Home]

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Theme

The 'Flowing Water' Vardo sits midway down a stream, hidden behind a vast array of trees only lost souls and wild animals will stumble upon it. The soft flowing water echoes effortlessly into the forest around it until it is drowned out by the swaying trees and the quite hush of wind that drifts through, the cries of animals and songs of birds are the sweet symphony of life all around reminding you that you are in nature and not in the bustling city. The vardo has a few logs laying on their side with pots of herbs and plants on one side whilst the other has a small table and chair to sit on whilst watching the water flow.

Inside the Vardo- Before you enter the Vardo, you may notice a small plaque with names on it. The names read as followed. Genova,a sister sorely missed for her innocences. Faia, love that still stands yet is lost. Shion, the best mayor of spirus I ever served. Pup, my general and friend. Xeno, a talking cat.

A single bed hands in the top corner with a small step ladder, it sits right under the stove so to keep warm on those cold dark nights. A small table and two cushioned chairs to one side with a little window and on the other are shelves with basic supplies. You may notice various painting brushes and small pots, a fishing rod and plenty of paper to write on. A few runes have been melded into the wood to provide magical basic protection and alert the occupant of unwanted guests during the night. The horse that guided the Vardo has been left to wonder around the forest, playing with friends until it is summoned to move the Vardo.

A big smile came across his face as he gazed upon his little home, he'd moved out of the city for the noise it created even during the night had started to irk him. He'd always been a recluse at heart even with his social skills and friendliness he still prefered the quietness far away from others, his hope was that only people he invited would find his home. This was his form of exile, peacefully tucked away in a corner of the Kiene lands. His children Theo and Alexise's were off on their adventurers of their own and how to find him if they wanted to see their father, its not that they had grown up quickly its simply that life for them needed more, much like their father at a young age. They wanted to experience more, and here he was at a later age wanting to experience simple things.

"We take so little time to appreciate the simplicity that is life, in our endless search for a meaning. We ignore that life is simple, things come to life from humble beginnings like a seed and grow into something beautiful like a rose only to be left wilting when the snow falls. And again, the cycle begins again as a new yet the same thing, a rose rises from the ashes of the old one."

He rubbed his hands togethor to warm them up, taking a swig of his flask he gulped down a few shots of rum and placed it back in his pocket. Taking an axe he eyed the wood logs he'd brought, many were to big for the stove and his home needed to be heated. The snow hadn't fallen yet but the cold certainly had, without magic life seemed harder. But it felt more rewarding and fullfilling, he wondered if such was to be his way from now on or if this was simply another phase to learn from.

"Its been a while since I can say I feel content."
Ghost_of_Genova

Re: Flowing Water [Karcier's Home]

Post by Ghost_of_Genova »

Genova looked at her brother's house. Several times she tried to speak to him, but somehow, he could not see her. Well, she did not try a lot and ended up whacking her frying pan in thin air in frustration.

"Karcier, can you, at least, feel my presence, brother? Let me know if you can sense that I'm here," she said. She crossed her fingers and hoped that her brother would show up and speak to her.

She tried talking to different creatures and failed. There was only one lady in the Cork graveyard who seemed to see and hear her, but she had no clue on who the lady was.

She would have to search for the lady. Maybe she can help her. She was left with one clue: Rieron.

And with that, she left Widu and headed back to Cork.
Last edited by Ghost_of_Genova on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Theme

He sat on a stone, legs crossed loosely with a fishing rod in one hand whilst he played around with getting Bait on the hook. As he sat there, bait dangling in the water gently bobbing up and down as water went by he felt a strange sensation. A cold that swept through him followed by a warmth, it was something he remembered and yet didn't. He shook his head and gently placed the fishing rod down into the ground.

He walked over to his flask that had sat on the table and took a swig of rum, maybe he was catching a cold as he felt the sensation again. He shook his head and grumbled. "Maybe if I drink enough it'll go away..."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

After the unusual encounter at the woods in Cork, Grazilda wrote a letter for Karcier.
Dear Karcier,

How are you?

I had this unusual situation where I seem to be able to speak with the departed.

Recently, I had an encounter with a lady, a least her ghost, and introduced herself as Genova. She claimed to be your sister and asked if I can help her as she wanted to speak with you.

I have not promised anything to her as she was a stranger. Thus, would you be able to confirm if she was, indeed, your sister? Also, a description of how she looked would help to confirm if the ghost that I saw was indeed related to you.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Grazilda
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

The fish were ready to be cooked, he'd prepared the potatoes, carrots and parsnips alongside the fish that had various herbs and a slice of lemon on it. All he needed to do was place it into the small stove and voila but until Ava came he wouldn't do so, instead he cast a small spell to keep it fresh. His ears perked up as he recieved a letter via a bird, he smiled and read it.

He took a moments pause, read it again then felt a strange sensation in hi stomach. Was this a joke...no Grazilda wasn't the type to joke she was far to forward in speech...if a little more axe through the conversation forward. He took a pen to paper and penned a response.
"Dear Grazilda,

I am okay, preferring my life in isolation...exile if you will away from people.

Please understand that I am a bit skeptic, to much has happened to me to believe and latch onto anything these days. But ...her name was Genova...she had the brightest smile that could pierce the hardest of hearts. The only way I could describe her is a love of abs...and a bit ditsy.

Kindly,
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

A messenger seemed to struggle to find Karcier's whereabouts that it took days for Grazilda's letter to reach its recipient.
Karcier,

I received your reply but the so-called ghost of Genova disappeared. She might be a fake. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If, by any remote chance, I would be able to speak with the real Genova, I shall let you know at once.

Thank you.

Grazilda
Ghost_of_Genova

Post by Ghost_of_Genova »

Unable to speak to Grazilda for some unknown reason, Genova followed the messenger to Karcier's house.

"Karcier!!!" She hugged her brother but her whole body lunged forward and hugged nothing but thin air. She sometimes forgot that she was a ghost and could not be seen by anyone except Grazilda.

She scratched her head in dismay. She wondered how can she speak to her brother.

Genova grabbed her frying pan and hit Karcier on his butt.

She wondered if he would feel it or not.

She planned to read the letter with him as well.
Ava

Post by Ava »

A smile crossed Ava's lips when she read Karcier's invitation. "Fish dinner," she read aloud. It sounded delicious to her grumbling tummy. It only took a minute to sort things out with Rachel and Corrie before heading to her room to get dressed. Directions to his new abode weren't clear, but she knew it was in an out of the way spot in the woods near the water. With the weather being what it was, she decided to dress warm for the trek to his place and dons her warm britches, a warm soft sweater, thick socks and her boots. With her hair in a loose messy twist, she snags her scarf and drapes it over her head taking both ends to the nape of her neck, crosses them, then pulls them over her shoulder, then tosses the ends over opposite shoulders from the front. That takes care of keeping her ears and her neck warm before taking up her cloak and fastening it snug.

She slips her arms through the slits on the sides of her cloak and picks up her quill & bow. Even though she knows the woods pretty well, one never knows if or when some wild bore or some such creature will appear unexpectedly. With her small but trusty dagger tucked safely into her boot, her quill slung across her back she gives her little girl one final kiss. "You be a good girl for Rachel. Mommy will be back in a while." Ava can't stop the smile on her lips hearing Corrie's reassurance. "Yes, mommy. I will." With another kiss, smile and a ruffle on little blonde curls, Ava looks up at Rachel. "I don't anticipate being too late, but you may end up putting Corrie to bed before I return."

With that, Ava picks up her bow and is off into the crisp cool winter time air and soon she is exiting the city gates and heading for the forest. Grateful is she for the bright sunshine as it warms her face in spite of the cool temps. Now to locate Karcier's vardo. The woods are thick but thankfully there is no snow yet. Keeping her ears sharp for the sound of flowing water it isn't long before she finds the river and heads further away from the city. A few winter birds flit back and forth between trees above while squirrels hunt for nuts and berries and the occasional rabbit darts away. She wondered if she would get the chance to fish or if he would have the food ready for her arrival.

Without warning there is an odd bone rattling chill. It was different than the current weather and was gone as fast as it surged through her bones. With a slight furrow on her brow she stops and looks around but sees nothing but the forest. With a shrug she chastises herself under her breath. "Silly woman, it was just a breeze." With a smirk at her own silliness she makes her way forward, though she hadn't convinced herself about that breeze really, but had no other explanation for it. So boldly forward she goes, her eyes scanning the forest looking for a vardo.

A bird swoops down just by her head, and quick observation shows what must be a parchment either in its beak or talon. It flew so quickly she couldn't tell for sure, but knew enough that it was probably a message for Karcier, so she followed its flight path through the forest. Her step quickens as her grumbly tummy spurs her toward dinner. The bird did indeed lead her to Karcier's camp as his vardo peeks through the trees in the distance. The soft soles of her boots making little to no sound with each step, she skirts around one last tree and steps into the little clearing.

"Hello, Karcier. I finally made it. Hope I didn't miss out on dinner."
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ui7s31Tp84

At first he felt a chill but ignored it, the winter hadn't come down here just yet and even if it did the trees would keep some of the heat down with him but it felt different. He sat down outside in a sheep skin cloak tightly wrapped around him as he read a message that had just arrived. He pulled a table close to him, lay some seeds for the bird and wrote a letter to reply to Grazilda.
"Dear Grazilda,

I understand, it must be quite annoying to have random ghosts pester you. Never a moment of peace, still I thank you for your letters there was no inconvenience.

Kindly,

Karcier Aisu"
As he rolled the parchment and tied it to the bird, he whispered a command so it knew where to fly back and smiled as it pecked at the last grains before flying off. The sound of flowing water brought some peace of mind to him, the smell of steaming vegetables and gently cooking fish was in the air, mixing in well with the earthy forest aroma. He closed his eyes for a moment, listening to it and letting his senses pick up the sounds. He felt something, a rush of air whack him across the butt and startled he jumped off his seat, raising his fists. "What on earth was that..." he mumbled. Weird, it almost felt like Genova's power pan hit. He looked around curiously for a few moments before being startled again by a sweet voice he'd been looking forward to.

"Hello, Karcier. I finally made it. Hope I didn't miss out on dinner." he turned to see Ava there, he grinned and bowed his head.

"Oh no your just in time although I almost ate it all." he chuckled and walked over to her, offering her a hug. Afterwards he turned to face his vardo and waved his hand over it. "This is my little home away from home, its a little tight but the size is just right if you want to live a simple life. Whatcha think ?"
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava could hardly stifle her giggle watching him jump up like something bit his backside. Though when he whipped around ready to strike the laughter escaped her lips. She then bites her lower lip with a smile, as he approaches and offers a hug that she returns warmly. "Were you okay over there? You looked like something spooked you a little." Her smile remains as she loops her hand through the crook of his arm while he introduces her to his home away from home.

"You've chosen a lovely spot for your vardo. Lots of lovely shade giving trees, the stream & just far enough away from the city to not hear any of the hustle and bustle behind the walls. Show me around?" Just then the winds shifted a little and the aroma of good food cooking tickles her nose & triggers a growl in her tummy, loud enough to be heard back in the city. Her cheeks flush pink hoping he didn't hear it.