[ORP] Encounter with the Departed (Widu Version)

Moderator: Community Team

Madeliefie
Location: I've got one hand in your pocket and the other one is giving a peace sign.

Re: [ORP] Encounter with the Departed (Widu Version)

Post by Madeliefie »

"You wait here." She smiled brightly. "I'll go see what I can do about getting you the best price for roses."

She trotted off to the market quickly hoping the girl wouldn't follow her. 

She made her way to a relatively new stall where the owner might still be finding his feet. She spent several minutes looking winsome and telling him about how no one wanted roses before or after a battle and she'd be doing him a favour by taking them off his hands. She told him about the sweet little girl who desperately needed them and who only had a few freznics to her name. Eventually, she was able to acquire two dozen roses for a ridiculously low price.

Now it was time to put the second part of her plan into action.
Karina

Post by Karina »

"Alright." Karina sits down against a wall while waiting and watches the other people go about their business.
----
After a moment pops up and goes to another nearby stall to buy some Tuna Mac'n'Cheese for lunch. Picking up a few for the others too, she then returns to the spot to eat hers.
-Banner by Aida
Madeliefie
Location: I've got one hand in your pocket and the other one is giving a peace sign.

Post by Madeliefie »

She breathed a sigh of relief once she had the roses firmly in her hands. She took her time strolling back to where she was supposed to meet the girl thinking. There were two ways she could do this. She could return the money as the "change" from buying the roses or she could simply tell the girl she had gotten the roses for free and hope that the value of the roses was equal to the coins. She thought about adding something to roses as a gift but all things considered, she didn't think it was a good idea to try her luck today.

She saw the girl sitting by the wall and walked up to her holding out the large bouquet of roses.
"Here, I hope these will do and here's your change."
Karina

Post by Karina »

"Oh, yes, these will do fine, thank you.
Hm? Change? But I haven't paid you for them yet.

I did pick up some lunch for us all while you were away; you too. Tuna Mac'n'Cheese!"

She holds one package up for Madeliefie.
-Banner by Aida
Madeliefie

Post by Madeliefie »

She kept her smile plastered to her face.

"Oh, I'm sure you gave me money for them. You must have forgotten. Here..."

She practically pushed the roses and the coin pouch at the girl and reached for the offered meal with both hands so the girl would be forced to take them. Fortunately, she had nimble fingers and quick hands and didn't drop anything. 

She wasn't going to turn down a free meal, regardless of the situation.

"Mmm, tuna mac 'n cheese, my favourite. The food stalls are really good here and I don't want to go into battle on an empty stomach. I'll need the strength and brainpower out there if you know what I mean. Shall we get going? I'm sure your friends and the Duke must be wondering what happened to you."

She spoke quickly, babbling a bit. Maybe she could distract the girl enough to make her forget about the change. And then she could make her escape before they reached the graveyard. She was pretty sure the girl's friends would take one look at her and figure out what she had done. She would have to find a way to avoid them. Why was a simple snatch turning out to be so complicated!
Karina

Post by Karina »

"Those were your wages for your time; layout costs would be separate".
She places the pouch in her sack for now with a small sigh.

"Yeah, it's our favorite too. The stalls are not bad.
Oh, yeah; I forgot there is still a battle ahead.
Hey, our Sofie is doing the healing today.
Stay safe if you can manage to but otherwise come see see us if you need to.
Yeah, it's good to fight smart."

"Yeah, I suppose we can be on our way; the dead must be anxious to have their remembrances back.
You know, I've not actually seen any about today. I thought perhaps Genova might have decided to take part in the action.
I gave her a special frying pan once that can be wielded by ghosts."
-Banner by Aida
Madeliefie

Post by Madeliefie »

"Why are you so NICE!" The words burst out like children out of the schoolroom tumbling and shoving each other out of the way, carried along by momentum with no clear thought or plan.

"I took the money, okay. I stole it. I took some coins out of the money pouch on the horse when you weren't looking. I just wanted a few easy freznics and now you're being so nice and giving me more money and even food. I can't stand it anymore! Please, just take the money back and if you want to report me as a criminal or hand me over to your friends or let your ghost friend haunt me just do it already. But I really don't deserve all this...kindness."

Madeliefie took a breath. She didn't know what would happen now. She felt both embarrassed and strangely relieved now that the truth was out. On the other hand, she had certainly blown any chance of friendship with these people. A pity. Hardened as she was she knew that friendship was worth more than a few coins. 
Karina

Post by Karina »

Karina waves her right hand briefly.

"We're not going to get you in any trouble; don't worry about it - in fact, my cat can probably throw a blessing your way if you like. Of course you deserve kindness. If you didn't, you'd either not be in a position to have to steal in the first place, or else you'd steal much more than you actually need - afterall, you could have tried to hop up onto that horse and ride off with it and all of the coins. It's an expensive horse that would fetch a nice price. What's a small handful of coins really, and in particular from the folks who are here in the first place to steal your whole city back again? Besides, look how easy it is to earn some freznics afterall. Isn't it good to know you can make some too, without having to steal it?
-Banner by Aida
Madeliefie

Post by Madeliefie »

Madeliefie gaped at Karina.
Kindness wasn't something she'd experienced much of in her short life. She'd seen false kindness, indifference and outright cruelty. But never simple kindness and understanding. Part of her mistrusted it and urged her to run. The other part felt like she'd just stepped out of a cold rain into the warm sunshine. What the girl described - trust, a blessing, acceptance - she longed for those things but deep down she knew she didn't deserve them. 

Unsure what to do she hung her head and made circles in the sand with her toe.

"Alright," she said eventually, her voice sounding small in her own ears. "I'm sorry I took the money and I'm sorry I made a scene. Let's go talk to your friends." She managed a small smile. "I guess I won't say no to a blessing."