Shopping Trip (CRP)

Moderator: Community Team

Varann

Shopping Trip (CRP)

Post by Varann »

Varann grined at Ambar for what ever reason xie felt really good when he was around. Not nessisarily in the romantic sense but definitely in the good friends sense.
This was what the shopping trip was all about really getting to spend time with him.

So with a purse full of freznic and a happy heart xie leads Ambar off to the Widu Market portal.
Ambar

Re: Shopping Trip (CRP)

Post by Ambar »

Ambar was happy to go see a large market. He'd not had much save for the one nice pants he bought. While he didn't have much money, he liked being around the people he was getting to know to, and that was an important thing to settling in.

He knew that Varann had invited him and set the trip up, though he understood others might join in. When they met on the street he greeted Varann with a hug.

"I am quite ready to see what abounds. I've only a little to spend though so I'll have to be picky. How will we be getting where it is?"
Varann

Post by Varann »

"The great thing about the Mysts is that the Mages Getrub abd Zarchrin set up portals so its quicker to return to the towns and cities"
Shows him a portal that shows the market in Widu. "We just step through and we'll be near the food stalls. Those stalls are near the Mayor's office so makes a good place to start"
Ambar

Post by Ambar »

Ambar listens to the portal story and looks at it, wondering about it.

"I've never been through one. Does one just step through? Does it feel strange?" he asked, stepping around it and looking at the edges. "I understand that I am sure many hundreds of people have used these thousands of times. I am sure they are safe. They are half unknown, half banned where I come from. They have fear of that kind of access leading to an invasion or misuse. Though being near the food stalls sounds appealing."

"Is it permanently open or does it have to be activated somehow? Is it only one way travel?" he asked, wondering if they are an easy thing to generate and manage.
Varann

Post by Varann »

Xie leads him through abd the appear a little way off from a stall selling fruit from various different places and herbs which is the first place xie heads to knowing Ambar is a bit of a foodie. "the portals are always open but they change destination from time to time. This is one of the more stable ones in that it always goes to somewhere in the market in Widu. As to how it feels well to me its not different then walking through a doorway but others sometimes feel a tingle so I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to these things," has often wondered about why some creatures feel something and others don't
" Anyway lets go explore and see what we csn find"
Ambar

Post by Ambar »

Ambar took her hand and walked through, feeling a little tingle as they went through the plane of change. It was an interestign experience, going from one location to another, the sensory experience of each of the 5 changing instantly.

"That is quite interesting. I did feel a tingle, and the sensory change is quite abrupt. Even moreso than just walking through a door."

The sighs of the many colored tents and display tables was a fun sight. He'd have been to other markets though each of them have a flavor of their own. Accents and voices varied, a few different languages heard from time to time arond the crowds as they progressed forward looking at the different cuisines available. The meat smells were calling to him though he wanted something that would travel well for looking through the shops and tables.

"Since I am new here, whats a fun light thing to take from store to store with so we can shop and nibble easy. As we head back I can get a good slab of meat to take back with."

He looked down the lanes that comprised this area of the market. "I wonder if there is a seller of crystals near."
Varann

Post by Varann »

Xie thinks for a moment and points to one of the stslls "Well there is the kebab stall thats chunks of meat cooking in herbs and slices. They usually offer lamb or chicken, and you have bread with it. " then looks around to orientate xer self some more "hum gem and crystal stores are usually just off the main market to the west of here. Past the fruit and veg stalls and more towards the tailors and the like,"