The trials and tribulations of Aertan

Moderator: Community Team

Jandar

Re: The trials and tribulations of Aertan

Post by Jandar »

As town Sheriff Jandar tries to keep his eye open for new faces around town as well as a few names whose allegiance is suspected to remain with the old Kiene government, just to try and make sure they do not find themselves in trouble.

He had noticed a new face with the militia crew he had hired yesterday. After asking around he heard a lass that fit her description might be working in the cathedral today which was a good sign to see and sounded much like someone that was simply new to the area making a valid attempt to get on their feet. As evening approached when the workday normally ended he made sure his rounds about town ended just outside of the cathedral and spent a bit of time in the area finally forming a flame in the flat of his hand trying to form it into a ball. Sure enough the lady exited the Cathedral counting a very small amount of coin. He approached her clearing his throat barely remembering to snuff out the flame before giving her his best smile.

"Evening to you lass. I don't know if ye recognize me but I happened to hire ye for the militia crew yesterday and I thought it might be beneficial to introduce myself to ye if I may? I am Jandar the current Sheriff here in our town known as Widu."
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

Very quickly understanding the lady's reason for blushing Jandar smiles and looks her in the eye not seeming to notice her discomfort. Witha nod he gives the slightest bow then speaks.

"I was thinking m'lady, as both an armorer and town sheriff it behooves me to suggest you should stop by my shop as soon as possible and let me at least size you up for a piece of armor or two if you are going to be serving in the town militia on any kind of regular basis. I believe I have a gold apron for example that would help cover your chest erm midsection for a more than reasonable price in fact well under a days wages. Any time you would want to stop by my shop I could size it to fit you in a jiffy. Since my house is not yet finished I sleep there when not in my office, Lady Aertan isn't it? I realize that it is only one piece of a suit of armor but might as well start at the base and work up should we not?"
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

Jandar gives Aertan his best smile before replying.

"M'lady, I would be most honored to join you in a meal. It just so happens that I have a large pot of mixed vegetables brewing in my blacksmith shop where I am actually living while getting my new house here built. If you have no objections to sharing a meal in such an unseemly location perhaps we could share a meal there? It is a secret recipe that only smiths share with each other and quite nutritious and a special cream sauce that is quite yummy! I just have not quite gathered the materials to finish my house so far although it is coming along outside behind my workshop."
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

Jandar had not had a guest for sometime, especially after losing his manor and title while he was so very far away for so long searching for his father. He had truly lost just about everything during that journey so when the call had went out to bring Widu back to Fenia after so long he knew that he had a chance to start his life over again. Luckily an old friend gave him that chance by appointing him as Sheriff. He was happy to meet someone else that was starting life anew. She had already shown herself to be quick to learn and he had to admit was certainly not hard on the eyes. He was looking forward to spending some time getting to know the young lady named Aertan. Gaining a new friend is always worthwhile.

He opened the large vent above the forge to let out any smoke out from his work while dousing the flames there letting the room air out for a few minutes then closed it back down. Checking the large cooking pot that contained the creamed sweet corn and broccoli that we smiths simply called buttered vegetables to mislead people from learning the secrets of the dish. He set a hot plate on the grate above the flames, and chopped up an onions on the flat surface he had been saving then tossed a couple steaks on top to cook in a way that would absorb the flavor, as the agreed upon time for her to meet him her arrived. He suddenly realized that he only had the single golden cushioned chair available at the golden table he had made in the past in his workshop - he hoped she wouldn't think the chair and table was too gaudy it was all he own. He grabbed a log that was about the right length and stood it up on the far side of the table so he would have a spot to sit during their meal. Keeping an eye on the steaks he took a seat on his log, beginning to worry she might be late or change her mind. Maybe he should have waited to start the steaks?

"Bloody hell this log is hard as a rock I am going to have to run to the old house and retrieve some materials so I can make another chair if I am going to make a habit of this. Then again that may not be in my future. Time will tell all."

He went over to flip the steaks and scooped some of the logs to the other side of the hearth to reduce the heat on the food but still supply heat to the rest of the room. It had been getting rather brisk in the later part of the days this time of year. Taking another seat he waited, drumming his fingers on the table a little nervously.